Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

4 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Perhaps you are a history major, but your are definitely not an English major 🙂 

Now, think of it this way - bombing of Gaza is to minimize Israeli casualties that would have piled up otherwise. Weird, how selective our mind can be, right?

Killing, Killing and more killing.     Awesome, right ?  Great to see those that upvote more violence in the region.

It is time to grieve all the victims on both sides of this conflict.  The world needs more peace, not more murder. 

35 minutes ago, moosehead said:

There is plenty of blood on both Hamas and Israel's government officials / IDF  hands.  Far too much  blood. 

Its always the good civilians that are hurt, never the corrupt officials / leaders . 

Occupation and oppression are not something we should be supporting as Canadians. 

Should we, as Canadians, be supporting Hamas? 

Just now, moosehead said:

Killing, Killing and more killing.     Awesome, right ?  Great to see those that upvote more violence in the region.

It is time to grieve all the victims on both sides of this conflict.  The world needs more peace, not more murder. 

I don't think anyone is promoting or glorifying violence.  I think we all just disagree on how the blame should be apportioned.

• Like 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Should we, as Canadians, be supporting Hamas? 

Of course not, Canadians should be supporting Peace and not the collective punishment of innocent civilians.

Canadians should not be supporting the limiting of food, water, power , medical supplies to  innocent women and children. 

Canadians are better than that.   Once again JT has let us all down.  It will be remembered next election. 

3 minutes ago, moosehead said:

No and yes. 

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I don't think anyone is promoting or glorifying violence.  I think we all just disagree on how the blame should be apportioned.

I see many here supporting the collective punishment of 2 million innocent civilians, it is disturbing to see this support.

It is OK for people to be against Hams terrorists and extreme Israeli politicians.  You can be against both.

You can also be supporting the innocent Israeli terror victims and the innocent Gaza civilians. You can support them both. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, moosehead said:

Of course not, Canadians should be supporting Peace and not the collective punishment of innocent civilians.

Canadians should not be supporting the limiting of food, water, power , medical supplies to  innocent women and children. 

Canadians are better than that.   Once again JT has let us all down.  It will be remembered next election. 

IMHAO Prime Minister Trudeau has made Canadians proud in this situation. He’s against hatred and violence. 
Anyway the thread is about Hamas attacking Israel. And Israel is responding by eliminating Hamas. Soon it will be over and Hamas destroyed. Then the people of Gaza will be free and we will see the region built up. Lots of good jobs for those people will come from all that building. 

16 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Occupation and oppression are not something we should be supporting as Canadians

Gaza was not occupied. Might be soon? Under embargo which is an important distinction.  For good reasons.  Oppression an indirect, not direct result of Israeli actions. Oppression in place & Israel under attack by the primary cause of oppression?  Which was Hamas! Under the guide and support of other Islamic militants using a substantially lawless community as a military base. This was the primary cause of oppression in Gaza.  People, now (?), ask why is the West not supporting Palestine?  When Palestine had its own individual distinction for aid & accountability within the UN.  The aid did not reach those oppressed! Once under attack, myself and many others support, in principle, the idea Israel can defend itself.  Yet also agree blanket attacks to civilians and children are a horrible, unacceptable collateral damage.   

Even that said, just like the UN today calling for Humanitarian pause; I call for restraint, have called for restraint ongoing! I agree with the UN. The children & civilians need to be saved. I don't agree with the subcommittee on Gaza specifically. Which has become a cluster of Islamic nations pointing fingers at Israel. Imagine Syria, who had 350,000 PLUS civilian dead in their civil war recently? Calling for Israel to be responsible. Iran backing Houthi's for Shii control of Yemen. 350,000 directly dead civilians, untold additional to starvation, tribe warfare. 2,000,000? Calling for Issssrael to be responsible. That is plain dumb. The Worlds worst regime's on human rights should not be the gate keepers. The regime's completely ignoring civilian casualties in their ongoing battles. I also call for that committee to explore the root cause. But yes, humanitarian pause regardless.

Its time to sanction those nations backing Hamas! Bear in mind, tens of millions of people calling for Palestine to be free? Of the hundreds of millions calling for peace. Also want Jewish people out of Israel as part of that chant. No not all, many have purely goodwill in mind, yet its a substantial concern. 

West Bank. In the long run, Jerusalem should be a multicultural city. Israel here, the West Bank which is occupied, has substantially more to be held account for. The same sub issues also exist on militants looking to damage Israel itself.   

Just now, Alflives said:

IMHAO Prime Minister Trudeau has made Canadians proud in this situation. He’s against hatred and violence. 
Anyway the thread is about Hamas attacking Israel. And Israel is responding by eliminating Hamas. Soon it will be over and Hamas destroyed. Then the people of Gaza will be free and we will see the region built up. Lots of good jobs for those people will come from all that building. 

Hamas is an ideology.  You can not kill an ideology by killing innocent woman and children.

Hamas is growing in popularity each and every day in Gaza.

Extremism against Israel and USA is growing now everyday in all muslim countries due to extreme Israel oppression against civilians.

5 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Hamas is an ideology.  You can not kill an ideology by killing innocent woman and children.

Hamas is growing in popularity each and every day in Gaza.

Extremism against Israel and USA is growing now everyday in all muslim countries due to extreme Israel oppression against civilians.

Hamas is a group of people who ousted their doctrine back in the 1990’s. They hate those who see the world differently and actually have some very nasty beliefs. They showed their terrible ways on October 7. Now the IDF is eliminating them. Gaza without Hamas is better for the people there. Hamas will be gone and the good people in Gaza will be free. Lots of good jobs in building up the region will come. 

7 minutes ago, AriGold said:

Random question from somebody who's not following the conflict. Whenever I do see people picking sides I find it's really split.

Question is: Any guesses on what percentage of westerners support Israel versus who supports Palestine ?

The question is: does the IDF really care what we think? 

1 minute ago, AriGold said:

Sorry, I actually don't know what that means.

Will the comments on our hockey chat site influence what the Israeli armed forces do? 
Do you think the Israeli armed forces will stop the war before Hamas is eliminated? What if Hamas surrendered? Would that end the fighting. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Will the comments on our hockey chat site influence what the Israeli armed forces do? 
Do you think the Israeli armed forces will stop the war before Hamas is eliminated? What if Hamas surrendered? Would that end the fighting. 

Oh, I think i worded my question wrong then. I was curious what a guess would be of who the average non-affiliated westerner would support in the conflict.

Just now, AriGold said:

Oh, I think i worded my question wrong then. I was curious what a guess would be of who the average non-affiliated westerner would support in the conflict.

Understood. Do you think the IDF will be influenced by the average westerner’s opinion, or will they continue the war (started by Hamas’ barbarism on October 7th) until Hamas is eliminated? 

25 minutes ago, AriGold said:

Random question from somebody who's not following the conflict. Whenever I do see people picking sides I find it's really split.

Question is: Any guesses on what percentage of westerners support Israel versus who supports Palestine ?

seems like its split the most generationally: https://www.npr.org/2023/10/13/1205627092/american-support-israel-biden-middle-east-hamas-poll

This poll was a month ago tho, seems like the info war is being lost by Israel as this drags on. 

• Like 1

I have been seeing comments from people saying why doesn’t IDF go directly after terrorists in Gaza.

Instead of bombardment, go track them down and kill them.

Densely populated urban area full of tunnels, weapons and armed terrorists, looking to die for the cause.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

seems like its split the most generationally: https://www.npr.org/2023/10/13/1205627092/american-support-israel-biden-middle-east-hamas-poll

This poll was a month ago tho, seems like the info war is being lost by Israel as this drags on. 

Yeah, i guess most people get tired of hearing about innocent women and children being killed / denied water, medicine, power  and food....    Weird ?

7 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I have been seeing comments from people saying why doesn’t IDF go directly after terrorists in Gaza.

Instead of bombardment, go track them down and kill them.

Densely populated urban area full of tunnels, weapons and armed terrorists, looking to die for the cause.

Yah next time there is a drug shooting in Vancouver....  the police should just drop a bomb on metro town mall  if thats were the armed killers ran into.....

Much safer for the Vancouver police that way....

Edited by moosehead

4 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Yah next time there is a drug shooting in Vancouver....  the police should just drop a bomb on metro town mall  if thats were the armed killers ran into.....

Although sarcastic, these comments help me understand what's happening. So Hamas attacked Israel, then Israel defended themselves but now they're going overboard which is making outsiders look at them differently ?! Something like that ?!

Edited by AriGold
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Sorry but I don’t get the connection you’re trying to make. October 7th was nothing like we’ve seen here. 
Unless, of course, you’re suggesting drug dealers are evil which connects them to Hamas, who (it appears we all agree) are evil? 

Iran won't enter directly, unless it is attacked by Israel/US.  So the calculus that Hamas did thinking its allies would join in has failed hard.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iran-tells-hamas-not-enter-190351808.html

Iran tells Hamas it will not enter the war with Israel

• Vintage 1