Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

4 hours ago, StrayDog said:

Are you, in any way, actually reading what you're replying to? While I appreciate you adding in an opinion piece about what's happening, it has absolutely nothing to do with the post you replied to. Or are you just randomly replying without paying attention to anything else in the thread? It makes it difficult to take you seriously at that point.

Just horrible.... .... Sickening....  Collective Punishment of civilians is definately a War Crime.

Hopeful soon we can see some arrests made....    

Deir el-Balah, Gaza Strip – Jawdat Sami al-Madhoun could hardly believe it when he saw the gates of Al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital appear in front of him. The 26-year-old doctor’s assistant had managed to leave the besieged al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza City and walk the 16km (10 miles) to Deir el-Balah.

Jawdat had spent the previous 25 days volunteering at al-Shifa’s emergency department, struggling along with the rest of its staff to help the injured as best they could, often without the most basic medicines and supplies.

“We couldn’t help the wounded,” he told Al Jazeera on Monday, looking away as his voice broke. “They were dying! We couldn’t do anything to save them. We would just watch them die.

“There are hundreds of bodies in the hospital’s courtyard. We couldn’t even bury them.”

The hospital lost its electricity supply entirely on Saturday, bringing all its medical devices to a stop and endangering 39 premature babies whose incubators stopped working.

Since then, seven babies have died, a toll that is rising as the hospital remains offline.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/11/16/escape-from-al-shifa-how-a-gaza-medic-dodged-israeli-patrols-snipers

Edited by moosehead

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

Thank you for confirming what @Taxi wrote in the post that you are replying to.

Care to comment.....

Conflicts are governed by two bodies of law. The first, the law on the use of force, aims to prevent conflict by dictating the conditions under which states may resort to force.

The second, called the “law of armed conflict” (LOAC) or “international humanitarian law” (IHL), regulates the conduct of states during war and seeks to limit suffering once they have begun.

Modern IHL is built around the 1949 Geneva Conventions, which have been ratified by almost all UN members. The conventions have since been supplemented by Additional Protocols and by rulings at international tribunals.

Israel, however, has not ratified the first and second additional protocols, which were introduced in 1977 to cover areas like collective punishments and the use of new weapons. But since these provisions are considered a norm of customary international law, they are nonetheless binding on all states.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/16/middleeast/israel-hamas-gaza-war-crimes-international-law-explainer-intl/index.html

Edited by moosehead

4 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

The UN Human Rights COuncil is currently seating the Russian Federation, Cub and China, it is a joke. 

The way Israel treats Palestinians is a sad joke...  Apartheid in action. 

People really need to get informed...

• Group of African States (13)
  • Group of Asia-Pacific States (13)
  • Group of Eastern European States (6)
  • Group of Latin American and Caribbean States (8)
  • Group of Western European and other States (7)

The United Nations Human Rights Council is a United Nations body whose mission is to promote and protect human rights around the world. The Council has 47 members elected for staggered three-year terms on a regional group basis

https://unfoundation.org/what-we-do/issues/peace-human-rights-and-humanitarian-response/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9_3fsbTJggMVGh6tBh18eAFyEAAYASAAEgL5J_D_BwE

Edited by moosehead

Not going to lie... It feels pretty good to see Canada's PM saying what a few  of us here have been saying all along...

Thanks JT....

Trudeau has taken heat from Israelis and Jewish Canadians for comments he made Tuesday that were perceived as overly critical of Israel.

Trudeau said "the world is watching" as women, children and babies are killed in Gaza.

He said "even wars have rules" — a comment seen as a suggestion that Israel, Canada's friend and ally, was not following international law in its war with Hamas.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-speaks-to-israeli-cabinet-minister-1.7030242

Edited by moosehead

39 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Just horrible.... .... Sickening....  Collective Punishment of civilians is definately a War Crime.

Deir el-Balah, Gaza Strip – Jawdat Sami al-Madhoun could hardly believe it when he saw the gates of Al-Aqsa Martyrs Hospital appear in front of him. The 26-year-old doctor’s assistant had managed to leave the besieged al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza City and walk the 16km (10 miles) to Deir el-Balah.

Jawdat had spent the previous 25 days volunteering at al-Shifa’s emergency department, struggling along with the rest of its staff to help the injured as best they could, often without the most basic medicines and supplies.

“We couldn’t help the wounded,” he told Al Jazeera on Monday, looking away as his voice broke. “They were dying! We couldn’t do anything to save them. We would just watch them die.

“There are hundreds of bodies in the hospital’s courtyard. We couldn’t even bury them.”

The hospital lost its electricity supply entirely on Saturday, bringing all its medical devices to a stop and endangering 39 premature babies whose incubators stopped working.

Since then, seven babies have died, a toll that is rising as the hospital remains offline.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/11/16/escape-from-al-shifa-how-a-gaza-medic-dodged-israeli-patrols-snipers

No one has said you may not make any post you wish at any time you wish.

What I and others have pointed out is our displeasure in seeing replies to posts where the reply seems to have almost nothing at all to do with the post being replied to. 

Look around other threads on any other topic.   What we are voicing is a common complaint and has nothing to do with the topic of this thread or anyone's point of view.  It has more to do with forum etiquette and the fact that it makes the replier look as though they are not really listening.   

Edited by Satchmo
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

No one has said you may not make any post you wish at any time you wish.

What I and others have pointed out is our displeasure in seeing replies to posts where the reply seems to have almost nothing at all to do the post being replied to. 

Look around other threads on any other topic.   What we are voicing is a common complaint and has nothing to do with the topic of this thread or anyone's point of view.  It has more to do with forum etiquette and the fact that it makes the replier look as though they are not really listening.   

I like Alf .....   am not here to comment on other posters.  Enjoy the forum.    Great to share viewpoints with my fellow posters.

Have a great day.  

Hopefully the collective punishment of Gaza civilians ends soon.   Innocent civilians on both sides have suffered enough. 

3 minutes ago, moosehead said:

I like Alf .....   am not here to comment on other posters.  Enjoy the forum.    Great to share viewpoints with my fellow posters.

Have a great day.  

Hopefully the collective punishment of Gaza civilians ends soon.   Innocent civilians on both sides have suffered enough. 

Hope you have a great day too and thanks so much for for listening so intently to what I and others have said.   It's bound to be reciprocated.

1 hour ago, moosehead said:

So then... No, you don't actually read anything. You're just blindly replying. Cool. Thanks for the confirmation!

43 minutes ago, StrayDog said:

So then... No, you don't actually read anything. You're just blindly replying. Cool. Thanks for the confirmation!

I like Alf do not comment about other posters. I. visit this forum to share opinion and discuss the current Israel / Palestinian conflict.

I do not blindly reply.  I do not blindly accept Collective punishment of innocent women and children in Gaza.  That is a war crime. 

Have a great day.  Wonderful discussing topics with you.  I have remorse for all the innocent civilians of both sides of this conflict.  It is perfectly acceptable to feel sadness for all  the innocent victims whether they are Palestinian or Israeli.    Violence is never the answer and solves nothing. 

Edited by moosehead

1 hour ago, moosehead said:

Not going to lie... It feels pretty good to see Canada's PM saying what a few  of us here have been saying all along...

Thanks JT....

Trudeau has taken heat from Israelis and Jewish Canadians for comments he made Tuesday that were perceived as overly critical of Israel.

Trudeau said "the world is watching" as women, children and babies are killed in Gaza.

He said "even wars have rules" — a comment seen as a suggestion that Israel, Canada's friend and ally, was not following international law in its war with Hamas.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-speaks-to-israeli-cabinet-minister-1.7030242

The quote, “the world is watching” could have been in association with a hockey game. And the author of the article takes another JT quote and makes a suggested association for it as well. This article cuts and spliced quotes into a narrative. It’s not newsworthy.

The facts are Hamas did terrible things on October 7. The IDF is eliminating them. Two facts we know. 

33 minutes ago, moosehead said:

I like Alf do not comment about other posters. I. visit this forum to share opinion and discuss the current Israel / Palestinian conflict.

I do not blindly reply.  I do not blindly accept Collective punishment of innocent women and children in Gaza.  That is a war crime. 

Have a great day.  Wonderful discussing topics with you.  I have remorse for all the innocent civilians of both sides of this conflict.  It is perfectly acceptable to feel sadness for all  the innocent victims whether they are Palestinian or Israeli.    Violence is never the answer and solves nothing. 

I respectfully disagree. You have blindly replied to multiple posts with answers that have zero to do with the original post. 

Have a good day.

• Upvote 1

I thought they told Palestinians to go south for safety???????

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/nov/16/israel-drops-leaflets-warning-people-to-flee-southern-gaza-towns

Israel drops leaflets warning people to flee southern Gaza towns

Flyer campaign raises fears war could spread to areas IDF previously said were safe

5 hours ago, King Heffy said:

The people off Gaza deserve to stop being oppressed by the subhuman vermin they call a government that Israel is currently working to exterminate.  They cannot have freedom while Hamas terrorists are allowed to live.

They also deserve to be free from Israeli oppression. 

Also, think of how Hamas emerged and is fuelled... directly from Israeli oppression.

Israeli has done many wrongs and I think they will be condemned for it sooner rather than later. The only democracy in the middle east needs to be held accountable if they are to assume the status of a free just and moral nation.

2 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Also, think of how Hamas emerged and is fuelled... directly from Israeli oppression.

Israeli has done many wrongs and I think they will be condemned for it sooner rather than later. The only democracy in the middle east needs to be held accountable if they are to assume the status of a free just and moral nation.

And Israel will have no need to occupy Gaza once Hamas is eradicated.  Are you suggesting that Israel should allow Hamas to continue to infest the planet?

• ThereItIs 1

32 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Hamas is also fueled by billions of dollars from Iran. They work under the premise that any deal with Israel is temporary and they will ultimately exterminate Israel. Israel loosened the blockade to allow 20,000 workers from Gaza into Israel. Hamas used that opportunity to gather information about Israel to commit the attacks on Oct 7. I'm not sure how anyone can expect Israel to let its guard down with Hamas next door.

• Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

The 2,000,000 Arabs who live in Israel, have full rights of citizenship.  Vote, get a job, be elected in parliament? Have freedom of language, their own religious beliefs. 

Meanwhile the 145,000 Jews in Iraq, from 1948, are gone. Less than 10 in the country. 145,000 Jews from Libya?  There are virtually none in Morocco, a handful in Egypt Israel's neighbor. The Islamic / Muslim / Arabic world is full of great locations. Almost as full of locations completely intolerant of minorities. Who do not have any of these freedoms. Nearly 1.5 MILLION Afghans are being from expelled from Pakistan THIS year.  3 Million Kurds were expelled from Turkey since 1980. Others from Syria, Armenia, Azerbaijan. At times 1,000,000 in refugee camps. Their language & religion banned; while 18% of their population is indeed Kurdish in Turkey. In 1924 forbidden to own land. Kurds were gassed in Iraq when kicked out of Turkey & Armenia.  Yazidi were split; men subjected to mass executions of as much as 10,000. Women human trafficked as sex slaves for Islamic terrorists.  Have you heard the song By the Rivers of Babylon? Iraq, once home to 2,000,000 Christians, its historical home all gone. 

There are lots of problems with Israel.  Apartheid remains a poor description relative to the largest subject group that decries them.  

Meanwhile Hamas decries only their God is holy, its holy sites theirs, no one else's. 

That is much closer to Apartheid.

Hamas, who threw its political opponents out windows after election in 2006.  Who's current head of state was jailed, by Israel, for slaughtering Palestinians in opposing Israel.  Such is the state of hatred towards their attempts at genocide / Apartheid. Such is the nature of life in Gaza that you could be killed for opposing Hamas. Palestinians need help. I beg that if you are Palestinian, Arambic, Muslim?  Call out Yahya Sinwar as you do Bibi. 

Peace will happen when Palestinians are committed to justice. Including holding their own people, and leaders accountable. With help if needed. I also call Israel to commit to justice.  I personally call for Israel, as the more powerful country, to come to the table first.  Arrest Settlers who terrorize and steal West bank land, remove those who espouse hatred from office. Investigate those who killed Abu Akleh. Those who riot, perpetrate violence, remove illegal settlements.  

So much misinformation in this post....  really not sure where to start.....

Wow, is pretty much all i can say.... does anyone actually believe that level of disinformation ?? History will not be on your side......

The comprehensive report, Israel’s Apartheid against Palestinians: Cruel System of Domination and Crime against Humanity, sets out how massive seizures of Palestinian land and property, unlawful killings, forcible transfer, drastic movement restrictions, and the denial of nationality and citizenship to Palestinians are all components of a system which amounts to apartheid under international law. This system is maintained by violations which Amnesty International found to constitute apartheid as a crime against humanity, as defined in the Rome Statute and Apartheid Convention.

Our report reveals the true extent of Israel’s apartheid regime. Whether they live in Gaza, East Jerusalem and the rest of the West Bank, or Israel itself, Palestinians are treated as an inferior racial group and systematically deprived of their rights. We found that Israel’s cruel policies of segregation, dispossession and exclusion across all territories under its control clearly amount to apartheid. The international community has an obligation to act

Agnès Callamard, Amnesty International’s Secretary General

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2022/02/israels-apartheid-against-palestinians-a-cruel-system-of-domination-and-a-crime-against-humanity/

Edited by moosehead

Israel is not a state of all its citizens… [but rather] the nation-state of the Jewish people and only them

Israel’s then prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu (message posted online in March 2019)

The establishment of the State of Israel in 1948, successive governments have created and maintained a system of laws, policies, and practices designed to oppress and dominate Palestinians. This system plays out in different ways across the different areas where Israel exercises control over Palestinians’ rights, but the intent is always the same: to privilege Jewish Israelis at the expense of Palestinians.

Israeli authorities have done this through four main strategies:

Fragmentation into domains of control

At the heart of the system is keeping Palestinian separated from each other into distinct territorial, legal and administrative domains

Dispossession of land and property

Decades of discriminatory land and property seizures, home demolitions and forced evictions

Segregation and control

A system of laws and policies that keep Palestinians restricted to enclaves, subject to several measures that control their lives, and segregated from Jewish Israelis

Deprivation of economic & social rights

The deliberate impoverishment of Palestinians keeping them at great disadvantage in comparison to Jewish Israelis

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2022/02/israels-system-of-apartheid/

Edited by moosehead

26 minutes ago, moosehead said:

Israel is not a state of all its citizens… [but rather] the nation-state of the Jewish people and only them

Israel’s then prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu (message posted online in March 2019)

The establishment of the State of Israel in 1948, successive governments have created and maintained a system of laws, policies, and practices designed to oppress and dominate Palestinians. This system plays out in different ways across the different areas where Israel exercises control over Palestinians’ rights, but the intent is always the same: to privilege Jewish Israelis at the expense of Palestinians.

Israeli authorities have done this through four main strategies:

Fragmentation into domains of control

At the heart of the system is keeping Palestinian separated from each other into distinct territorial, legal and administrative domains

Dispossession of land and property

Decades of discriminatory land and property seizures, home demolitions and forced evictions

Segregation and control

A system of laws and policies that keep Palestinians restricted to enclaves, subject to several measures that control their lives, and segregated from Jewish Israelis

Deprivation of economic & social rights

The deliberate impoverishment of Palestinians keeping them at great disadvantage in comparison to Jewish Israelis

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2022/02/israels-system-of-apartheid/

Yes but why hasn't Hamas released the hostages?

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

And Israel will have no need to occupy Gaza once Hamas is eradicated.  Are you suggesting that Israel should allow Hamas to continue to infest the planet?

Not at all, what I was saying is that it's sad and angering that Israel is getting away with a collective punishment. But I get. This world isn't always just, and Palestenians know that all to well.

Palestine and Hamas are being eradicated as we speak, and I do think Israel will end up occupying Gaza. They're already asking then to flee south, and south to out to other countries. You think these Palestinians are gonna see their homes again when they leave?

I said it before, Nentanyahu is getting what he wants.

5 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Not at all, what I was saying is that it's sad and angering that Israel is getting away with a collective punishment. But I get. This world isn't always just, and Palestenians know that all to well.

Palestine and Hamas are being eradicated as we speak, and I do think Israel will end up occupying Gaza. They're already asking then to flee south, and south to out to other countries. You think these Palestinians are gonna see their homes again when they leave?

I said it before, Nentanyahu is getting what he wants.

Got to differ. The Hamas bad people are being eradicated. The IDF is helping the Palestinian people be free again.