Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

3 minutes ago, moosehead said:

How about 3 monkeys operating motorcycles wearing clown masks while holding a Molson Canadian bottle in one hand..... ?

The collective punishment by Israel of 2 million gaza  civilians is a very serious issue.  It is a War Crime. 

How do you propose eradicating Hamas given the fact they are hiding behind civilians?  Clearly the continued existence of Hamas is not acceptable to Israel, nor should it be.

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

How do you propose eradicating Hamas given the fact they are hiding behind civilians?  Clearly the continued existence of Hamas is not acceptable to Israel, nor should it be.

It sounds like there are Palistinian people who want Hamas gone too. There was that post yesterday of an Al Jazeera reporter interviewing a Palestinian person in the hospital. And when the Palestinian person started to mention Gamas hiding among the people the reporter turned away. Then the Palestinian person threw his hands in the air and said something to a person close to him. Likely he said “what was that?”

Hanas are cowards, who are worse than rats. They need to be eliminated and that what’s better for both Palestinians and Israeli citizens. I’m happy to hear that the IDF, with the support of their allies (who are our allies) turn a deaf ear to Hamas propaganda and will keep going until the job is finished. 

Edited by Alflives

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Their solution is to have Israel take responsibility for the Oct 7th attack and pay reparations to Hamas and the Palestinian people. Because everything is Israels fault and its not ok to fight if you might injure a civilian, even if those civilians are supporting Hamas. Then give Palestine independence and disarm the IDF so they cant hurt anyone else. Once that is done then there will be peace, until they exterminate Israel, and then there will be peace again after it is done.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, moosehead said:

Let’s just focus on the current war? which is the topic of the thread. Hamas brutally attacked innocent people on October 7 which started this war. That’s inarguable fact. The IDF responded and is currently rooting out Hamas from Gaza. That is also inarguable fact. 
Hamas is hiding behind civilians and in tunnels. The IDF will eventually eliminate them. More inarguable facts. 
These are the facts. 
This war will end when Hamas surrenders or the IDF roots them

out and eliminates them. Hopefully Hamas can put the people of Gaza ahead of their selfish beliefs and surrender. But IMHAO they are too far gone (done the crazy road of extremism) to do what’s good. 

10 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

Authorities in Canada agree: "From the River to the Sea" is an anti-Semitic statement. 

While being arrested for causing a disturbance, a 'hate motivation' to the crime has been applied due to the protestors use of the phrase while committing a crime.

I couldn't agree more. 

How do you feel about this statement ?

" Between the sea and the Jordan (river) there will only be Isreali sovereignty " 

Benjamin Netanyahu 

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

I wont hide your post as it is in a 'spoiler' at least, but the admins have asked that the mods enforce strictly a policy of linking to a larger work rather than copying and pasting it here at length. I have been Lenient in allowing this from @moosehead as well, so I will leave this one, but for both of you now, going forward, please provide a link and a sentence from the original work you are referring to, and from now on lets keep a minimum of copying and pasting other peoples work on the internet. Firstly we want to credit the authors wherever possible, and secondly we don't want to have a post that would be a full sheet of printout if we sent it to the printer. A link with the most pertinent sentence or two accomplishes both these goals. 

Thank you everyone.

@4petesake if you would please edit out the long narrative of copy paste and replace it with a key sentence and a link to the text, that would be perfect. 

I have edited my post as per your request.

This raises questions for me though - I did put it in a spoiler since I know that anyone who has no interest in the subject would want to look at such a long article; the author’s name was credited and front and center on the article; so my question- why would admin  want to send a post to the printer? Does CFF print out all or some posts? If so, why?

I don’t mean to clutter up the thread so by all means  pm me if you prefer but thought I would leave it here in case I wasn’t the only one whose curiosity was piqued by the printing comment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

13 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

This raises questions for me though - I did put it in a spoiler since I know that anyone who has no interest in the subject would want to look at such a long article; the author’s name was credited and front and center on the article; so my question- why would admin  want to send a post to the printer? Does CFF print out all or some posts? If so, why?

I don’t mean to clutter up the thread so by all means  pm me if you prefer but thought I would leave it here in case I wasn’t the only one whose curiosity was piqued by the printing comment.

Optimist Prime will probably reply, but wasn't he talking about a post that would be a full page if printed?   Not to say he would actually print it, but just to give an example of size he'd like us to avoid?

• ThereItIs 1

29 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

It was a bad example of what would be too long. Go with a sentence or two and the link, nobody is wasting trees here.

4 hours ago, moosehead said:

Sure, but we are guests here. It’s not “our forum”. I think it was @Ribs who made this place for us to use because he’s a good person. And the mods helped him. IMHAO, we need to be respectful and thankful to these folk. Without them, we have no home. 
It’s like what’s happening now in Gaza/Israel. But sadly those folk can’t understand (for whatever reasons) they have a lot more in common than they do in difference. 

5 hours ago, moosehead said:

It’s your opinion and I respect that. But IMHAO Alf’s views are not those of a child and deserve more respectful comment. 
Hamas IMHAO is evil. They are hiding behind skirts, crayons, and hospital beds. I also believe the IDF are doing a great favour to the people of Gaza by ridding the region of Hamas. Because once Hamas is gone then the Gaza people can be truly free. 
May e those views are idealistic so (in a way) childlike. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s your opinion and I respect that. But IMHAO Alf’s views are not those of a child and deserve more respectful comment. 
Hamas IMHAO is evil. They are hiding behind skirts, crayons, and hospital beds. I also believe the IDF are doing a great favour to the people of Gaza by ridding the region of Hamas. Because once Hamas is gone then the Gaza people can be truly free. 
May e those views are idealistic so (in a way) childlike. 

I like your attitude, but this implies that Israel was never a problem for Palestenians. Which is absolutely false, Israel would need to change their ways and stop their oppression as well for the Palestenians to be free.

18 minutes ago, Super19 said:

I like your attitude, but this implies that Israel was never a problem for Palestenians. Which is absolutely false, Israel would need to change their ways and stop their oppression as well for the Palestenians to be free.

Sorry fellow Canuck fan (this is a hockey forum first and foremost) but this thread is about the Hamas attack on Israel. That’s October 7th and then onward. 
You are, of course, welcome to start another thread about your other issues.

34 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think we need to accept this is a hockey chat site. Heck! Some who post in this thread don’t even post in the hockey threads. IMHAO we are Canucks’ fans first and foremost. Because that’s why the site exists. Then these off topic threads are secondary. There must be other spots where those with strong political views can express their views if they aren’t happy with how this hockey forum operates, no? 

Here, hockey is first and it should be. Even though, in the grand scheme of life, it’s (obviously) not in anyway as important as the reality of what’s happening in Gaza and Israel.

So let’s make comments in the hockey threads! 

As I have stated, I get sick and tired of the hateful posts directed at other Canadian teams and players on those teams. 

People in this thread talk about Canada being allies with Isreal, then put shit on Canadians in Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto in the hockey threads.

I would like the Canucks to win a cup, and break the drought of Canadian teams winning one, however if they can't win one, I would prefer a Canadian team to win the next cup instead of a seppo team. 

First and foremost I am a fan of the sport of Ice hockey. 

I even watch our, my home state of Victoria, states league on community television.

I became a Canucks fan because I travelled to BC to ski.

That's where I started not just watching hockey, but playing it.

I am a member of three fantasy hockey league's on this board.

I get to share my love of hockey with my fellow GM's.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

As I have stated, I get sick and tired of the hateful posts directed at other Canadian teams and players on those teams. 

People in this thread talk about Canada being allies with Isreal, then put shit on Canadians in Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto in the hockey threads.

I would like the Canucks to win a cup, and break the drought of Canadian teams winning one, however if they can't win one, I would prefer a Canadian team to win the next cup instead of a seppo team. 

First and foremost I am a fan of the sport of Ice hockey. 

I even watch our, my home state of Victoria, states league on community television.

I became a Canucks fan because I travelled to BC to ski.

That's where I started not just watching hockey, but playing it.

I am a member of three fantasy hockey league's on this board.

I get to share my love of hockey with my fellow GM's.

Yup. We are brought together by sports (hockey here) and that’s key to people getting along. 
I wonder if I time soccer might bring the people of Israel and Gaza together? They could have one team I the World Cup (like SA in rugby) and show the world how those who were once apart can be together. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. We are brought together by sports (hockey here) and that’s key to people getting along. 
I wonder if I time soccer might bring the people of Israel and Gaza together? They could have one team I the World Cup (like SA in rugby) and show the world how those who were once apart can be together. 

While the Palestinians don't have the resources or facilities to accommodate sports activities the Isrealis do 

As you mentioned soccer, this year 

https://www.jpost.com/j-spot/article-742186

Isreali and Palestinian kids marking the 100th anniversary of the Christmas truce on the western front in 1914 and the legendary football match.

https://www.jpost.com/not-just-news/palestinian-and-israeli-kids-play-soccer-match-to-mark-100th-anniversary-of-christmas-truce-384795

Isreali - Palestinian kids play for peace 

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4566485,00.html

And I posted this week's ago, the sport that brings us all together here on this board, Ice hockey 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hockey-breaks-ice-for-arab-and-jewish-teens/

" When you play together, you forget that you are Arabs and Jews " Mayyas Sabag, a 12 year old forward from the Druse village of Madjal Shams. He is one of five Arab athletes on the 14 member team, which is travelling to Canada this month "

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sorry fellow Canuck fan (this is a hockey forum first and foremost) but this thread is about the Hamas attack on Israel. That’s October 7th and then onward. 
You are, of course, welcome to start another thread about your other issues.

Israel's response to Oct 7th is a big issue, don't you think? Palestenian people are not terrorists that did the raid and attack against Israel, so it's a big issue Israel is including them in their attacks against Hamas.

Also this week Israel has said that they will never give up security and control in Gaza. This sounds like a big concern and issue for Palestenians who want to be free in Palestine/Gaza. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

While the Palestinians don't have the resources or facilities to accommodate sports activities the Isrealis do 

As you mentioned soccer, this year 

https://www.jpost.com/j-spot/article-742186

Isreali and Palestinian kids marking the 100th anniversary of the Christmas truce on the western front in 1914 and the legendary football match.

https://www.jpost.com/not-just-news/palestinian-and-israeli-kids-play-soccer-match-to-mark-100th-anniversary-of-christmas-truce-384795

Isreali - Palestinian kids play for peace 

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4566485,00.html

And I posted this week's ago, the sport that brings us all together here on this board, Ice hockey 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/hockey-breaks-ice-for-arab-and-jewish-teens/

" When you play together, you forget that you are Arabs and Jews " Mayyas Sabag, a 12 year old forward from the Druse village of Madjal Shams. He is one of five Arab athletes on the 14 member team, which is travelling to Canada this month "

I can’t remember where I read this but that’s not important. A lockeroom is the one place where there is no racssm. Guys just want to wi and have the best players helping them to do that. Players don’t card who’s from where or what their religion is. Players just want to win. If only we could get that locker room thinking into other parts of society. Then wee we would end horrible wars. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I can’t remember where I read this but that’s not important. A lockeroom is the one place where there is no racssm. Guys just want to wi and have the best players helping them to do that. Players don’t card who’s from where or what their religion is. Players just want to win. If only we could get that locker room thinking into other parts of society. Then wee we would end horrible wars. 

I dunno about that Alf 

Some pretty shocking stuff in this article brother 

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/hockey-canada-discrimination-brock-mcgillis-1.6672832

" Is there homophobia ? One hundred percent. Is there racism ? You bet. Is there misogyny and sexism ? Yes. "

• Huggy Bear 2

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

You keep saying both sides are bad but you are only calling out posters supporting one side.  We have a poster openly posting drivel from vermin like Jackson Hinkle that you have chosen to not call out.  Why?

Wasted effort King. You and I and all those with a thinking brain know Hamas is the evil entity that must be eliminated. Their actions on October 7 proved what they really are. Snd IMHAO that’s rats that must be exterminated. 
Sadly there will be those who don’t have the capacity to understand the Hamas (Russian and Iranian) propaganda and post it here. 
But we can be consoled knowing the IDF and countries allied with us will support Israel in their eliminating the tats that are hsmas. 
on a personal note. Are there a more cowardly group of (so called) soldiers than these Hsmas cowards? Seriously what kind of soldier kills a baby? What kind of soldier beheads a girl and then parades her headless body in the back of a pick up truck like a trophy? 
how anyone can support these cowards is just beyond old Alf. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Sorry friend (and sorry to the other friend with the same account) but this is craperolla. Mits fact that Hamas is why we are at this spot. Hamas surrender, instead of hiding behind shiatsu, crayons, and the crippled in hospital and surrender then the ear is over. But cowards they are..Baby whiner cowards.