Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

1 hour ago, Super19 said:

Palestenians aren't exterminating Jewish people rn, rather, they are the ones being exterminated by the IDF.

Also, palestenians are the ones who were being oppressed for the last 20 years. To get rid of Hamas means the oppression needs to end. Israel is the best recruiter for Hamas.

oh "right now", thats a good dodge. 

Happened to drive past the protest this afternoon in Downtown Vancouver. In the space of two minutes I heard "genocide" , "apartheid" and a speaker attempting to tell the crowd how "the banks" are supporting it. 

There's so much more going on there than just the response to Oct 7. 

Edited by Bob Long

21 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

can you give a specific example?

No, he can not. He just showed up to throw some shit on the fan with hopes that something will stick. You can see it in his reply to me - nothing concrete, just trying to show his indignation with me and the only reason for that is that I am Israeli and Jew. Ask me if I care, though?

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

No, he can not. He just showed up to throw some shit on the fan with hopes that something will stick. You can see it in his reply to me - nothing concrete, just trying to show his indignation with me and the only reason for that is that I am Israeli and Jew. Ask me if I care, though?

its disturbing. I hate this "siding" that goes on. 

I've worked with fantastic people from Iran and Israel who made homes here in Vancouver. None of them fit the boxes social media tries to cram us in to. 

I see nothing on this thread about Muslim hate. 

27 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

I’m a hockey fan on our favourite team’s chat room. I noticed that almost all of us who post in this thread also post in the hockey threads. Except there’s a couple who only post here. Why in the heck are people on our club’s chat site if they don’t ever post about our club? What’s their reason for being here if it’s not hockey (and specifically our club)? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I've worked with fantastic people from Iran and Israel who made homes here in Vancouver. None of them fit the boxes social media tries to cram us in to. 

I got to be good friends with an Iranian nuclear physicist. He was making pizza in ottawa after his refugee claim was allowed. He joked then that with him and his wife working they had a better standard of living in Canada as service workers than being at the top of his field in Iran, and there he was subject to the whims of the theocracy who were goading him into doing things he was not interested in doing. maybe half a decade we chatted often about global affairs smart guy, but he made pizza at a joint near the airport for the whole time. I don't think anyone here has posted any Muslim or Arabic hate items and I have been on the lookout. 

If you see something you think is off colour, please report it. 

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

10 hours ago, Boudrias said:

The apologist Humas supporters on this thread carry out the propaganda theme they hope will destroy support for Israel. The core is anti semitic. A real concern of the IDF is how many Humas terrorist are blending into the refugees trying to get out? I suggest a substantial number. 

My take on this is that Israel is never going to risk a peace without their own internal assessment over security. Palestinians have been exploited by their own leaders and their Arab neighbors for decades. The rising threat of a nuclear Iran has convinced Sunni Arab countries that accommodation with Israel is in their national interest. Fanning anti Jewish hysteria as a unifying tool that can distract their own government's corruption and exploitation is being shelved to fight Iran. What Israeli government either the one today or a new one in the future can truly trust a Arab olive branch? None can. It will be detente based on military strength. 

As you have so accurately pointed out Hamas is scum. The sooner Palestinians are rid of them the better. Hopefully new leadership, supported by world governments can carve out a piece of prosperity in the future. In the process of destroying Humas the IDF should not risk the life of 1 soldier. Shoot first and assess later.   

Show me one post where one of our members have expressed support for Hamas.   

Rising threat of a Nuclear Iran ?

Who withdrew from nuclear deal with Iran, the JCPOA ?

It was the US. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I got to be good friends with an Iranian nuclear physicist. He was making pizza in ottawa after his refugee claim was allowed. He joked then that with him and his wife working they had a better standard of living in Canada as service workers than being at the top of his field in Iran, and there he was subject to the whims of the theocracy who were goading him into doing things he was not interested in doing. maybe half a decade we chatted often about global affairs smart guy, but he made pizza at a joint near the airport for the whole time. I don't think anyone here has posted any Muslim or Arabic hate items and I have been on the lookout. 

If you see something you think is off colour, please report it. 

All of my experience is in med tech. I had a great client from Iran in North Van, and have hosted 3 students from there under an NRC program. Such smart humble people. 

54 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I see no support for Hamas or anti - semitism in this thread either.

I believe the mods would have taken some form of action if this was happening.

I have the movie Resistance on ATM.

It's about Marcel Mangel, more commonly known as Marcel Marceau.

It's about his wartime activities and also about the persecution of Jewish people during the war, of which he was one. 

At the start of the movie an organisation had to " buy" Jewish kids whose parents had been murdered, from the Nazi's.

I am just watching a scene now where he uses his miming skills to help the children.

3 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I see no support for Hamas or anti - semitism in this thread either.

I believe the mods would have taken some form of action if this was happening.

I have the movie Resistance on ATM.

It's about Marcel Mangel, more commonly known as Marcel Marceau.

It's about his wartime activities and also about the persecution of Jewish people during the war, of which he was one. 

At the start of the movie an organisation had to " buy" Jewish kids whose parents had been murdered, from the Nazi's.

I am just watching a scene now where he uses his miming skills to help the children.

I do see a lot of implied "Israel deserved it" though.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

45 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m a hockey fan on our favourite team’s chat room. I noticed that almost all of us who post in this thread also post in the hockey threads. Except there’s a couple who only post here. Why in the heck are people on our club’s chat site if they don’t ever post about our club? What’s their reason for being here if it’s not hockey (and specifically our club)? 

Just started a mafia game.

Had some really good times on the old board playing this game.

Posted songs in the music thread.

I have already mentioned the fantasy leagues I am in. 

I am participating in the Deadpool thread.

I really like the creative writing thread on the old board.

I read the GameDay thread when I am not working, time difference.

This community is more than just sharing a love of hockey.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I do see a lot of implied "Israel deserved it" though.

I don't, but then again I am not biased.

As I have stated I am on the victims side.

Both Isreali and Palestinian. 

Actually l am biased as you can tell from what many of my posts are about.

Videos, articles and my thoughts on the things that bring Palestinians and Isrealis together. 

Working together for peace.

Just now, Ilunga said:

I don't, but then again I am not biased.

As I have stated I am on the victims side.

Both Isreali and Palestinian. 

Actually l am biased as you can tell from what many of my posts are about.

Videos, articles and my thoughts on the things that bring Palestinians and Isrealis together. 

Working together for peace.we 

We all are biased. 

I think the rush to put out unverified tweets e.g. are to push a hateful narrative.

What I keep thinking about is the use of language. To me, using "genocide" against Jewish people is repulsive, and might hint at other beliefs. Or maybe someone is caught up in the narrative and sadness of civilian casualties to really stop and think about what they are really saying. Dunno, that's just what I think about. I can't know someones true mind unless they are so obvious like a skinhead or just come right out with nasty comments.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.7025163

Those of you who are pro Israel and support a two state solution, do you guys acknowledge the illegal settlements and unjust uprooting of Palestinians in the West Bank? I find it very hard to believe you’d support a two state solution when you actively deny what’s happening in the West Bank, which has been going on long before Oct 7.

Before you make a lazy argument that “Hamas has influence”, the settlements they’ve made in the West Bank are on Palestinian homes and neighbourhoods. Forcing Palestinians out so they can make more Jewish homes. They wouldn’t be living and making homes in the West Bank if Hamas had any sort of influence as people claim. 

There are countless stories of Palestinians dying at the hands of IDF soldiers with unnecessary lethal force. They have the right to defend themselves, but what’s the excuse for gunning down children throwing pebbles and rocks? 

It’s telling when there’s a lot of Jewish people who are against the state of Israel and their atrocities. I guess their Hamas sympathizers too.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

We all are biased. 

I think the rush to put out unverified tweets e.g. are to push a hateful narrative.

What I keep thinking about is the use of language. To me, using "genocide" against Jewish people is repulsive, and might hint at other beliefs. Or maybe someone is caught up in the narrative and sadness of civilian casualties to really stop and think about what they are really saying. Dunno, that's just what I think about. I can't know someones true mind unless they are so obvious like a skinhead or just come right out with nasty comments.

Yes as I pointed out, my bias is that we are all brothers and sisters under the sun.

That we all share this planet together.

This is a message I promulgate in many threads. 

As for tweets I have already expressed my views on the reliability of not just information, but also pictures and videos contained in them.

If you have been following my posts I argued against the idea that the Isrealis are committing genocide against the Palestinians due to the increase in their population. 

We both come from nations, that have had in the past, genocidal policies  

https://humanrights.ca/node/567

https://www.jstor.org/stable/45135471

I will not claim that Isreal is committing genocide however from the definition in the second article, which is the most commonly used, the 1948 UN convention on the prevention and punishment of the crime of genocide, genocidal policies are not restricted to totally wiping out a certain population.

As for the skinheads, as I have stated we used to fight racist skinheads in the western suburbs.

Some of our friends from this side of Melbourne were skinheads to, not racists, they just loved fighting.

Me I was a " Sharpie "

No 4 top and sides with rat tails down past my neck. 

I learnt early in life, never judge a book by its cover.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Well it took almost 15 years and I think that's it for me on this forum gents. Logging in to see that personally addressed hypocrisy was about all I could take.

Been a slice

I don't know exactly what you are referring to but I hope it can be resolved without you leaving.   

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

12 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Well it took almost 15 years and I think that's it for me on this forum gents. Logging in to see that personally addressed hypocrisy was about all I could take.

Been a slice

Don't let others get to you brother.

I see support for many of your posts.

At the end of the day all we can take to the grave with us is being true to who we are.

You have done that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I don't know exactly what you are referring to but I hope it can be resolved without you leaving.   

I don't do hypocrisy.  Been my focal point to point it out since I started.

Just don't see a path in which that changes here and that leaves me no desire to stay

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Super19 said:

Palestenians aren't exterminating Jewish people rn, rather, they are the ones being exterminated by the IDF.

Also, palestenians are the ones who were being oppressed for the last 20 years. To get rid of Hamas means the oppression needs to end. Israel is the best recruiter for Hamas.

Israel left Gaza in 2006.

Immediately after Hamas started launching missiles and attacks on border communities.  At a time when Gaza was offered their own state, independance by Israel, to be supported by the international community.  Led by Hamas they rejected peace, wanting the destruction of Israel. Kept launching missiles from rooftops.

Israel returns fire.

Spoiler

The spillover death from Israel returning fire is disgusting. I, continually, call for restraint. I personally agree a war crime! As it does not adequately take in to account the lives of civilians. It makes Hamas not any less than the bloodthirsty terrorists they are. It makes them more bloodthirsty.  

I wish for peace for Palestinians.  I wish for leadership that wants peace for its citizens in Gaza. Hamas are gang leaders thugs, rapists, murderers. 

So you do support Yahya Sinwar?  

• Vintage 1