Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

5 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Love your tit for tat. That Palestinian kid is in Canada. So unless he is a Canadian citizen he should be deported along with his parents. 

Also, I didn’t see any rebuttal yet from you on the fact that there are actual tunnels around the Al Shifa hospital and that the terrorists are using the hospital to bring in hostages, specifically from October 7. 

Aren’t you the one that said this was fake news? 

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

We will be asshats to each other until everyone has their own replicator.

One would think it’s that easy. 

One would be wrong. 

There’s a mindset of stepping on others to get ahead that hasn’t been changed yet. 

It’s not the tech that’s ever been an issue. It’s the social evolution of our species that’s our weakness. 

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

One would think it’s that easy. 

One would be wrong. 

There’s a mindset of stepping on others to get ahead that hasn’t been changed yet. 

It’s not the tech that’s ever been an issue. It’s the social evolution of our species that’s our weakness. 

We are what we are. I do think free access to the essentials of life would tone down a lot of it. But yes someone would create a religion over it and then we are back here.

• Like 1

We are what we are. I do think free access to the essentials of life would tone down a lot of it. But yes someone would create a religion over it and then we are back here.

We are what we are taught. 

Until we overcome our current mindset, we are doomed to replicate that which gives rise to need and violence. 

But that’s what a few want. The disparity and desperation is fuel for profit. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

We are what we are taught. 

Until we overcome our current mindset, we are doomed to replicate that which gives rise to need and violence. 

But that’s what a few want. The disparity and desperation is fuel for profit. 

I'm not sure it can be untaught. Leadership is an extremely powerful influence on people that might be genetic. If so, we could be f'd as a species because it's so easy to manipulate the masses. 

Maybe once we integrate a chip in our brains we can overcome some instincts.

• Like 1

I can't wait for a 'united earth federation' or some equivalent. I suspect that once the global population begins to contract in earnest, about 15 years from now, we may move closer to global peace, but we will need to topple about six dictatorial regimes between now and then and reign in powerful rogue nations like Russia. I think that is where China may prove useful. I am fine with them cowing the rogue states that are aligned closer to them, as long as they eventually bring about peace and prosperity to those peoples.

• Like 1

I'm not sure it can be untaught. Leadership is an extremely powerful influence on people that might be genetic. If so, we could be f'd as a species because it's so easy to manipulate the masses. 

Maybe once we integrate a chip in our brains we can overcome some instincts.

I know it can be taught/untaught. 

We as a collective community were taught manners and etiquette and how to live in a physically and mentally healthy way…but all that work for generations has been undone. 

I agree that leadership from the parenting level all the way up to the legal and political level has been a powerful aspect of what we, as a local and global society, have been influenced by. Those individual leaders that have had a huge impact on our lives haven’t made it a positive growth incline, rather they’ve made society go into decline in many regards. 

Genetics don’t have anything to do with it imo. Social engineering simply plays more. Either we socially engineer ourselves to not get into quagmires such as this topic, or we are socially engineering ourselves to further ourselves into the next Great War/Upheaval. 

There’s a lack of empathy and mutual benefit perpetuated throughout our civilization, and it’s not stopping. 

We are reaping what we sow. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I can't wait for a 'united earth federation' or some equivalent. I suspect that once the global population begins to contract in earnest, about 15 years from now, we may move closer to global peace, but we will need to topple about six dictatorial regimes between now and then and reign in powerful rogue nations like Russia. I think that is where China may prove useful. I am fine with them cowing the rogue states that are aligned closer to them, as long as they eventually bring about peace and prosperity to those peoples.

It will require a global extinction event. 

Once people realize we’re all the same, then we’ll get somewhere. 

Till then, I get mine and I don’t care if you get yours, mindset. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Without those violent toppings, there will be no peace. 

And then the next toppling when there’s a vacuum? 

It’s such a stupid cycle of violence. 

• Tank 1

3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

For me, one of my biases is that I believe more often than not, there is a correct solution. Usually it comes from understanding the needs of everyone involved. What the shared goal? 

Thats why this social media siding is so annoying to me, it takes us further from that. 

annoying if true. 

The correct solution is that all involved treat each other as equals. 

I don't believe anything that is posted from twitter. 

49 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

It will require a global extinction event. 

Once people realize we’re all the same, then we’ll get somewhere. 

Till then, I get mine and I don’t care if you get yours, mindset. 

" The human existence 

Is failing 

Resistance essential

The future 

Written off 

The odds 

Are astronomically against us only 

Moron and genius 

Would fight a losing battle 

Against the super ego

When giving in is so damn comforting

And so we go on with our lives

We know the truth but prefer lies 

Lies are simple 

Simple is bliss

Why go against tradition when we can 

Admit defeat 

Live in decline

Be the victim of our own design 

The status quo built on suspect 

Why would anyone stick out their neck 

Fellow members club we've got ours 

I'd like to introduce you to our host

He's got his and 

I've got mine 

We've got decline "

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

The correct solution is that all involved treat each other as equals. 

Where we differ is I see that as a vision. What's actually achievable tomorrow? A forced peace.

24 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I don't believe anything that is posted from twitter. 

I hate twitter, it's so harmful.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Where we differ is I see that as a vision. What's actually achievable tomorrow? A forced peace.

I hate twitter, it's so harmful.

Can't force peace brother.

People have to want it. 

Yes, it's mind blowing that people believe " evidence " posted up on that platform. 

2 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

For all the “we are anti-Israel, not antisemities” crowd - here’s where your rhetoric is leading

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/woman-alleged-to-be-durham-college-student-proud-of-hamas

If the lady isn’t a Canadian citizen then toss her. If she is one then charge her and lock her up. She sounds so evil it’s unbelievable. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

Can't force peace brother.

People have to want it. 

You can for a while, and hope people prefer it.

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

Yes, it's mind blowing that people believe " evidence " posted up on that platform. 

It's the driving people to instant outrage that's scary. I think it filters into other parts of our lives