Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Peace talks or cease fire talks are all about the propaganda campaign Hamas developed many months ago. Who seriously thinks that when they struck Israel on Oct. 7th that they did not realize that Gaza would be attacked? They knew and planned accordingly. They knew that one of their best weapons were the suffering of the Palestinian people. That suffering is a wedge that can be used to deflect and minimalize Israeli efforts to eliminate Hamas. Hamas has funded a international network of agents and sympathizers internationally. IMHO such people should be rounded up and put in a camp in Gaza for the duration of the conflict. Canada has more than its share imbedded in our education institutions, our unions and in our government. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

18 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Hamas has funded a international network of agents and sympathizers internationally. IMHO such people should be rounded up and put in a camp in Gaza for the duration of the conflict. Canada has more than its share imbedded in our education institutions, our unions and in our government. 

Hamas is paying for it's support in our unions, gov and education institutions? That is straight up terrorists in our mist. Accepting money from terrorists while working in a trusted position should be delt with for sure. 

Can you please share some links? I am very interested. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Hamas is paying for it's support in our unions, gov and education institutions? That is straight up terrorists in our mist. Accepting money from terrorists while working in a trusted position should be delt with for sure. 

Can you please share some links? I am very interested. 

I think it's more in spirit. My wife recently left her university gig and is very happy to be gone. 

11 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think it's more in spirit. My wife recently left her university gig and is very happy to be gone. 

He said..."Hamas has funded a international network of agents and sympathizers internationally""Canada has more than its share imbedded in our education institutions, our unions and in our government."

That does not read like like 'in spirit'

Did your wife say people were taking money from terrorists? !?!

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

He siad..."Hamas has funded a international network of agents and sympathizers internationally""Canada has more than its share imbedded in our education institutions, our unions and in our government."

That does not read like like 'in spirit'

Did your wife say people were taking money from terrorists? !?!

No, but she did say things were going off the rails. E.g. the head of the union where she worked told her reconciliation was not about finding solutions, it is to assign blame 😕

There's a whole movement around colonialism, etc that has no interest in solutions it's all about the anger feels. 

Education? Meh that's so last decade.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

No, but she did say things were going off the rails. E.g. the head of the union where she worked told her reconciliation was not about finding solutions, it is to assign blame 😕

There's a whole movement around colonialism, etc that has no interest in solutions it's all about the anger feels. 

Education? Meh that's so last decade.

A dude comes on here and claims that a known, recognised by Canada, terrorist group is funding people in our unions, gov, and education institutions.

Gives no source or links but gets immediate up votes from people I respect.

Wouldnt you agree these are massive, massive claims? I know, for some reason, you have tried to soften it by saying 'in sprit' but that is not how he presented it, at all. 

This after alot of days of discussion in posts by yourself and others about the dangers of misinformation via social media etc...

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

15 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

A dude comes on here and claims that a known, recognised by Canada, terrorist group is funding people in out unions, gov, and education institutions.

Wouldnt you agree these are massive, massive claims? I know, for some reason, you have tried to soften it by saying 'in sprit' but that is not how he presented it, at all. 

This after alot of days of discussion in posts by yourself and others about the dangers of misinformation via social media etc...

I'm not trying to soften anything, just provide a bit of context from our experience. 

18 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

A dude comes on here and claims that a known, recognised by Canada, terrorist group is funding people in out unions, gov, and education institutions.

The poster put into his post in caps “IMHO”. IMHAO it’s his opinion, as are the vast majority of our posts. 

10 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

She should be arrested immediately, it is against Canadian law to support a terrorist organization.  This is a hate crime.  Is Canada going to do soemthing about this, or are they going to keep allowing this to happen?  They arrested Canadian citizen truckers and even froze their bank accounts, this is 1000x worse...

Legislation is coming that addresses hate speech on social media, not fast enough for my liking but it is being slowed down in committee by, i guess, a party that enjoys speaking hatefully. 

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I'm not trying to soften anything, just provide a bit of context from our experience. 

Ok. Fair enough but I took your 'I think it's more in spirit' as you somewhat adjusting what he presented as factual information. I dont know how else to take it.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The poster put into his post in caps “IMHO”. IMHAO it’s his opinion, as are the vast majority of our posts. 

The IMHO was in the sentence about how these people should be rounded up.

Not about that there are people that are being paid-off in our highest trusted institutions by terrorists. That part he presented as fact. Read it again. You put your stamp of approval on it. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Ok. Fair enough but I took your 'I think it's more in spirit' as you somewhat adjusting what he presented as factual information. I dont know how else to take it.

Not about that there are people that are being paid-off in our highest trusted institutions by terrorists. That part he presented as fact. Read it again. You put your stamp of approval on it. 

I guess the point I failed to make was it's believable given how university thinking is going. 

I would also like to see evidence of actual paid bad actors.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I guess the point I failed to make was it's believable given how university thinking is going. 

I would also like to see evidence of actual paid bad actors.

Thank you.

It's a massive claim and should not be posted in the manner he did.

Notice he doesn't come in to reply, to clear anything up? just like the misinformation that drives us all nuts... just post it and walk away. 

That poster has brains, I have read enough of his stuff to know that. But not many have the balls to do what you just did. Clear up your stance and agree that some sort of proof should be presented for such huge statements. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Thank you.

It's a massive claim and should not be posted in the manner he did.

Notice he doesn't come in to reply, to clear anything up? just like the misinformation that drives us all nuts... just post it and walk away. 

That poster has brains, I have read enough of his stuff to know that. But not many have the balls to do what you just did. Clear up your stance and agree that some sort of proof should be presented for such huge statements. 

its all good, I'm not here to win anything 😄

I'm pretty concerned about the state of our university system, I think we're close behind the bat shit stuff we are seeing in the US of A. 

Just now, Bob Long said:

its all good, I'm not here to win anything 😄

I'm pretty concerned about the state of our university system, I think we're close behind the bat shit stuff we are seeing in the US of A. 

Well you won some respect back from me.  That should matter to you as I am a good dude. You cant buy my kind of admiration.😎

I hear some of the uni concerns. Maybe it should be a different thread with some examples and proof. I noticed throughout the years that they are often where idealistic protests and opinions come from. My fam is filled with degrees but I admit that they are from years ago. That said UVIC has a few of my nephews. Another just graduated a couple years ago from there too. He already has a good job at a development company making $130k a year. So, I am happy with at least what little I see for my family.

13 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Well you won some respect back from me.  That should matter to you as I am a good dude. You cant buy my kind of admiration.😎

Patrick Stewart Cheers GIF by Blunt Talk

13 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I hear some of the uni concerns. Maybe it should be a different thread with some examples and proof. I noticed throughout the years that they are often where idealistic protests and opinions come from. My fam is filled with degrees but I admit that they are from years ago. That said UVIC has a few of my nephews. Another just graduated a couple years ago from there too. He already has a good job at a development company making $130k a year. So, I am happy with at least what little I see for my family.

In my wife's case, it was more with the administration and with the union leadership where she saw a big hard left turn, and thats left of a typical union stance. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

How many times does one need to include it’s their opinion?

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

A dude comes on here and claims that a known, recognised by Canada, terrorist group is funding people in our unions, gov, and education institutions.

Why don’t you address the poster directly and ask him to provide some claims or evidence that you feel is warranted rather than calling him “dude” and disrespecting him and his posts?  The poster has been around CDC forever and I believe is in his 60’s.  So he’s not some random “dude”. 

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Why don’t you address the poster directly and ask him to provide some claims or evidence that you feel is warranted rather than calling him “dude” and disrespecting him and his posts?  The poster has been around CDC forever and I believe is in his 60’s.  So he’s not some random “dude”. 

I did.

First post under the one where he made these claims. I asked for links and agreed with what should be done if true by declaring..."Accepting money from terrorists while working in a trusted position should be delt with for sure"

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I see a lot of points to agree with in this recent discussion.

I share Bishopshodan's displeasure with opinions dressed as facts by virtue of being expressed emphatically.   There has been a lot of that going around.

Nobody jumped on me when I was having an almost identical discussion with our resident anarchist over his emphatic 'facts'.   Some of us just get really bugged when we see opinions stated that way.   If we can be accepting of differing points of view, let's be accepting of differing peeves.

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I'm not worried.

I dont see the term dude as disrespectful as you perhaps? but I was adgitated and alarmed by what he claimed.

I love Canada and am very proud of it. Claiming our Government, Education institutions and Unions have people being paid off by a recognised terrorist group is sick if it is just pulled out of one's ass. 

I am actually surprised it is allowed to be posted with some of the thiings that get removed. But i am glad it gets to, i want eveeryone to have a voice. It's why I have never put anyone on ignore and will even respond to people that I think poorly of. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Roughly half of the 110ish square km's of Northern Gaza has now been taken and held by the IDF. Roughly 55ish square KM's to go. Most of the remaining area is easier to manage then the ground already taken. 

Nov 20th Northern Gaza.jpg

wow. 

So any idea on how long the southern plan might be? or is it a less dangerous area, in terms of hidden rocket launch areas and that kind of thing. 

They obviously can't "get" all the Hamas folks, so wondering what the plan is next? or is the disarray there enough to tamp down anything major?

13 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

She should be arrested immediately, it is against Canadian law to support a terrorist organization.  This is a hate crime.  Is Canada going to do soemthing about this, or are they going to keep allowing this to happen?  They arrested Canadian citizen truckers and even froze their bank accounts, this is 1000x worse...

From a purely logical explanation how can anyone possibly think this is good for anyone. Hamas kills another 1500 Israelis...then what does she expect the response from Israel to be?

Clearly what we need to see is a peaceful resolution that will lead to both the Israelis and Palestinians having secure and independent states. How do we accomplish that? Not an easy task, but I can guarantee that encouraging more largescale terrorist attacks is not going to get anyone anywhere. At the end of the day, Israel holds the military power. Attacks like the on on October 7 are going to automatically elicit an a major response. Only pure hatred could ever drive someone to promote a course of action that will only result in so much more Palestinian suffering.

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I'm not worried.

I dont see the term dude as disrespectful as you perhaps? but I was adgitated and alarmed by what he claimed.

I love Canada and am very proud of it. Claiming our Government, Education institutions and Unions have people being paid off by a recognised terrorist group is sick if it is just pulled out of one's ass. 

I am actually surprised it is allowed to be posted with some of the thiings that get removed. But i am glad it gets to, i want eveeryone to have a voice. It's why I have never put anyone on ignore and will even respond to people that I think poorly of. 

I agree.  For sure the claim needs to be verified.  I think most people do link to sources on here.  I'm of the opinion that our universities are infiltrated to some degree, same with the government and the unions.  If I find any linked sources I will post them myself...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1