Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I'm not worried.

I dont see the term dude as disrespectful as you perhaps? but I was adgitated and alarmed by what he claimed.

I love Canada and am very proud of it. Claiming our Government, Education institutions and Unions have people being paid off by a recognised terrorist group is sick if it is just pulled out of one's ass. 

I am actually surprised it is allowed to be posted with some of the thiings that get removed. But i am glad it gets to, i want eveeryone to have a voice. It's why I have never put anyone on ignore and will even respond to people that I think poorly of. 

I've seen this kind of thing lately. Don't know if its including uni's or not tho. Can't vouch for the link source either. Seems to be all over the news at the moment, but the fed's don't seem to be saying much about it officially. 

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/far-worse-than-you-can-imagine-how-iran-s-regime-has-spread-its-tentacles-in-canada/ar-AA1jKZGu

• ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

This is a fascinating interview.  So, basically the Palestinian people do not want a peaceful resolution to the conflict and they do not want a two state solution.  What they want is "from the river to the sea".  Meaning they want a Palestinian state and no Jewish state.  This changes everything IMO, and is the reason there can never be a peaceful resolution to the conflict.  The Palestinians have rejected every peace offer.  The reason why is because they do not want peace, they want a Palestinian state with no Jewish state.  It's pretty apparent that this is true now.

Another thing she said was that the Palestinians need to stop calling themselves "refugees", which is true.  it's been 75 years, the people living in Gaza now are not the same people from 1948.  They are not refugees any longer.  

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I've seen this kind of thing lately. Don't know if its including uni's or not tho. Can't vouch for the link source either. Seems to be all over the news at the moment, but the fed's don't seem to be saying much about it officially. 

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/far-worse-than-you-can-imagine-how-iran-s-regime-has-spread-its-tentacles-in-canada/ar-AA1jKZGu

I think a thread about any influence might be a good thing one day.

Russia, China, Iran, Saudi's, India...

Seem's we have a lot of pressure from all over and we better get our guard up for sure. 

On the idea that Hamas was paying our people though....you'd have to jump to Iran, no?

I mean, doesn't Hamas dig up there own water pipes to make rockets?.....but before that they send of some dough to a Prof in Canada?.

If the statement was that Iran was sending money to influence...then I'd believe it a bit more, maybe, but still would like any kind of source.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Well that article made me nothing but sad.   Canada can be so incredibly slow to deal with things like this.

Last night's 60 minutes had a segment on Iran becoming more brazen in committing assassinations in the west.   They are now apparently hiring non-Iranian drug dealers and smugglers to do the job for them and give Iran some degree of plausible deniability.  

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I think a thread about any influence might be a good thing one day.

Russia, China, Iran, Saudi's, India...

Seem's we have a lot of pressure from all over and we better get our guard up for sure. 

On the idea that Hamas was paying our people though....you'd have to jump to Iran, no?

I mean, doesn't Hamas dig up there own water pipes to make rockets?.....but before that they send of some dough to a Prof in Canada?.

If the statement was that Iran was sending money to influence...then I'd believe it a bit more, maybe, but still would like any kind of source.

Oh for sure it would be via Iranian government.

Can you imagine how different the ME would be with a democracy in Iran? 

4 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Well that article made me nothing but sad.   Canada can be so incredibly slow to deal with things like this.

Last night's 60 minutes had a segment on Iran becoming more brazen in committing assassinations in the west.   They are now apparently hiring non-Iranian drug dealers and smugglers to do the job for them and give Iran some degree of plausible deniability.  

Threats to a few different diasporas in Canada is a big problem. All this crap is tied together now.

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Oh for sure it would be via Iranian government.

Can you imagine how different the ME would be with a democracy in Iran? 

Playing that game is fun but not reality.

I believe Iran, because of their oil, has been a target for freedom for a long time. They were better before the revolution but here we are today and they are a mess.

That said, there is some progression. I hear Tehran is pretty cool. The youth of that country is changing.

Anyway, I think influence via culture and support, in the right way, is the best way to deal with them.

Trying to fight Iran is ww3. Simple as that. 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Threats to a few different diasporas in Canada is a big problem. All this crap is tied together now.

Yup.  I'm beginning to think this internet thing was a bad idea.

Fun fact - we have an internet, or at least had one sooner, because the US military demanded that a senior officer be able to take command and remotely run a computer if they felt a more junior officer was not doing things right (or was dead).   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I believe Iran, because of their oil, has been a target for freedom for a long time. They were better before the revolution but here we are today and they are a mess.

That said, there is some progression. I hear Tehran is pretty cool. The youth of that country is changing.

Anyway, I think influence via culture and support, in the right way, is the best way to deal with them.

Eep I wasn't suggesting a war. 100% from within is the best way.

• Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Yup.  I'm beginning to think this internet thing was a bad idea.

Fun fact - we have an internet, or at least had one sooner, because the US military demanded that a senior officer be able to take command and remotely run a computer if they felt a more junior officer was not doing things right (or was dead).   

I thought it was those dudes workig on CERN

22 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This is a fascinating interview.  So, basically the Palestinian people do not want a peaceful resolution to the conflict and they do not want a two state solution.  What they want is "from the river to the sea".  Meaning they want a Palestinian state and no Jewish state.  This changes everything IMO, and is the reason there can never be a peaceful resolution to the conflict.  The Palestinians have rejected every peace offer.  The reason why is because they do not want peace, they want a Palestinian state with no Jewish state.  It's pretty apparent that this is true now.

Another thing she said was that the Palestinians need to stop calling themselves "refugees", which is true.  it's been 75 years, the people living in Gaza now are not the same people from 1948.  They are not refugees any longer.  

This is not news for people who are familiar with the situation for a long time. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, RomanPer said:

This is not news for people who are familiar with the situation for a long time. 

@RomanPerfrom your experience is this view “from the river to the sea” an expression of the common Palistinian folk or more so those who represent them (government)?

I’m only guessing, but with Hamas controlling the government in Gaza since 2006 I’m thinking they would have influenced a lot of kids, whether through the schools or media or other ways. To see the hatred of that one student in a Canadian college was revealing. If we have people thinking like that here, what’s it like there? 

It is a really hard thing to explain without sounding anti Palestinian, which I am not. 
Almost every person I have spoken with myself, or seen video of where the topic is what is the solution, if they are speaking freely goes like this:

We only want peace. 

Well, that and Freedom.

Okay yes peace and Freedom and a Palestian State.

A Palestinian State from the River to the Sea.

..and Death to Israel.

it isn't everyone, but it is the vast majority I have any personal reference to. It is an extremely hard thing to counter indoctrination from birth. Just look at how hard it is to leave a religion you were born into...it is a tough topic so I have avoided it until now. My opinion, just an opinion, is that most adult Palestinians want Isreal to cease to exist. The vast majority on Oct 7th were dancing in the streets, not mourning the loss of peace. Still, we can't pidgeon hole every Palestinian into this idea, nor will we. I feel that most, when given the opportunity for peace and prosperity, will abandon the idea that isreal must cease to exist. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I thought it was those dudes workig on CERN

They had a hand in it for sure.  But I think the US Defense Department kicked it off.   

It's a tangled web we have woven regardless and we should probably get back on topic.  Though we all seem to agree the internet and social media are fanning current fires in the ME. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

@RomanPerfrom your experience is this view “from the river to the sea” an expression of the common Palistinian folk or more so those who represent them (government)?

I’m only guessing, but with Hamas controlling the government in Gaza since 2006 I’m thinking they would have influenced a lot of kids, whether through the schools or media or other ways. To see the hatred of that one student in a Canadian college was revealing. If we have people thinking like that here, what’s it like there? 

Things change on the ground. In the 90s I met a lot of Palestinians in Hebron and Bethlehem who openly preferred Israeli control over Palestinian Authority due to corruption in PA. But it’s been many years since and in Gaza the propaganda is pushing hard the “from the river to the sea” narrative, including indoctrination of kids from a very young age to kill the Jews.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

They had a hand in it for sure.  But I think the US Defense Department kicked it off.   

It's a tangled web we have woven regardless and we should probably get back on topic.  Though we all seem to agree the internet and social media are fanning current fires in the ME. 

I see what you did there...

Anyway, I stick with the truth....that Al Gore invented the internet.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

21 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Things change on the ground. In the 90s I met a lot of Palestinians in Hebron and Bethlehem who openly preferred Israeli control over Palestinian Authority due to corruption in PA. But it’s been many years since and in Gaza the propaganda is pushing hard the “from the river to the sea” narrative, including indoctrination of kids from a very young age to kill the Jews.

It's going to take a very long occupation in Gaza to show the people their that their lives are better under Israeli control instead of Hamas.

• ThereItIs 1

14 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So, your rebuttal is that Hamas terrorists took the injured Israeli hostages and were nicey nicey to them by taking them to the hospital for treatment?  🤣

It's been well documented that the Al-Shifa hospital is the main headquarters of Hamas since 2006.  There is evidence everywhere for the last 17 years.  You even admit this was the case in 2006, but now there is no evidence that shows this in 2023.  So, basically Hamas started to use the hospital as their main headquarters in 2006 but then changed their mind along the way because they started to have feelings for the people of Gaza?

You keep talking about the suffering of the Palestinian people, but you never seem to accept why they are suffering in the first place.  Because they are being led by a terrorist organization that doesn't actually care about them.  Why can't you seem to understand this?  Why do you keep claiming that it is Israel that is oppressing the people in Gaza, when we all know that it is Hamas that are oppressing their own people?  The only way to save the people in Gaza is to eliminate Hamas.  Which is exactly what the IDF are doing.  They are not carpet bombing Gaza, contrary to popular belief.  They are now in a ground war to eliminate Hamas permanently.  They won't stop until Hamas is eradicated from the earth...

IDF should learn how to aim then. One Palestinian child dead every 10 minutes since Oct 7.

50 minutes ago, Super19 said:

IDF should learn how to aim then. One Palestinian child dead every 10 minutes since Oct 7.

Are you suggesting the IDF is targeting children? IMHAO children, women, hospital patients, and other innocent folk are dying because Hamas hides among these people. Hamas is the problem and must be eliminated. 

Just now, Super19 said:

66 journalists died as well.

Is this a fact? Alf assumes, as with all posts here, this is your opinion.

plus, are Hamas hiding behind the reporters now too? IMHAO they hide behind women, children, and hospital patients, so I guess we need to add the press. 
IMHAO Hamas (a lot of them) sure are cowardly. 

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Iran wasn't better before the revolution for the average Iranian.

That's why there was a revolution, the ruling elite might have been secular however they kept most of the wealth for themselves. 

It was also a brutal, repressive regime, their secret police, the Savak, tortured and murdered many Iranians.

Then in the 90's reforms were happening, " the Tehran Spring " under the reformist government of Mohammad Khatami.

Bush's comments about an axis of evil enabled the hardliners to put the focus back on the west, rather than the internal issues that were starting to be addressed. 

I have already posted information about this. 

The one democratically elected government that Iran had was overthrown in a CIA and British backed coup.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is this a fact? Alf assumes, as with all posts here, this is your opinion.

plus, are Hamas hiding behind the reporters now too? IMHAO they hide behind women, children, and hospital patients, so I guess we need to add the press. 
IMHAO Hamas (a lot of them) sure are cowardly. 

Not all posts here are opinions, some of us post factual information.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1