Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

11 hours ago, RomanPer said:

Oh, believe me, Israelis will be demanding answers. Just after the war is won. At the moment the country is mainly galvanized against the common enemy. The latest story from Israel - Israeli officer is being now prosecuted for leaving his position in a training centre to join his buddies in Givati brigade in Gaza, even though he was explicitly ordered not to. But he was one of the first responders on October 7th and saw first hand the carnage, so he couldn’t stay behind.

There are probably multiple reasons for intelligence failures. The early signs are pointing to a lot of mid to high level officers ignored signals from the lower levels, using very typical Israeli attitude “Al tid’ag, hakol yih’ye beseder” (Don’t worry, everything will be fine). We’ll see what the official investigation will reveal. The commission will not be political appointment, so it won’t be motivated by coalition members.

Thank you.

That is a big concern I am sure. 

I ran a group of companies. I reminded people on occasion that they didnt need to call me boss. My reason was that we were all just cogs in the machine. We are only as strong as our weakest link etc... I would remind the door staff when GM'd a couple nightclubs that they were very important, that they were the face of the company, the first contact customers have with our business. They were not just hired thugs.

Anyway, what I am babbling about is that every part, every position, is important. If those high ups were not listening or ignoring signals, thats a huge let down. A deadly, obviously, lack of due diligence.

I haven;t had the experiences you have, so all i can pull from is these kind of stories. 

I apprecaite your pov as you have real life connections to this situation. I sometimes disagree with you but i admire that you aren't furious all the time, as I might be in your position. 

Cause I am now thinking about the officer story you just wrote in your post. 

I would be a liar if I said that if someone killed or kidnapped my wife or a loved one...that i wouldn't be coming with bad intent. I would have a hard time seeing anything but red and a would gladly burn in any hell to avenge them. 

We have discussed I am idealistic. I really do want to understand more, I want to be able to communicate better. I think sometimes people take me the wrong way but all I can focus on is what I can control. Cheers for being patient with my statements. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Being friends with Putin will lead to things like this.

South Africa's stance on these international issues is wild. The current leader was a member of the ANC. I'm presuming their loyalty on a lot of these issues goes back to the cold war?

My wife is Sotho South African. We were there last December for about a month and things are really falling apart. They can't keep the power running 24 hours a day anymore. They shut it down for "load shedding" every few hours and people have to rely on their own generators and batteries. Lawlessness is getting out of control, with record rates reaching the highs of the 90s. The public hospitals are not functioning and only the rich can afford private care. South Africa really was on the verge of being a true success story, but the current leadership is driving it into the ground. 

• Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Taxi said:

South Africa's stance on these international issues is wild. The current leader was a member of the ANC. I'm presuming their loyalty on a lot of these issues goes back to the cold war?

My wife is Sotho South African. We were there last December for about a month and things are really falling apart. They can't keep the power running 24 hours a day anymore. They shut it down for "load shedding" every few hours and people have to rely on their own generators and batteries. Lawlessness is getting out of control, with record rates reaching the highs of the 90s. The public hospitals are not functioning and only the rich can afford private care. South Africa really was on the verge of being a true success story, but the current leadership is driving it into the ground. 

my SIL is from Durban, still has family there (farmers, some horror stories there).

I don't think South Africa siding with Hamas carries much weight around the world. 

German police raid homes of Hamas and Samidoun members and supporters

Faeser said banning Hamas and Samidoun in Germany "sent a clear signal that we will not tolerate any apology or support for Hamas's barbaric terror against Israel."

There are an estimated 450 Hamas members in Germany, according to the ministry. While these members had not staged "violent action" so far, the ministry said they had tried to raise funds to "strengthen the core organization overseas" and "influence the social and political discourse in Germany."

It added that the international network Samidoun "advocates the use of violence as a means of asserting political interests" and "denies the right of Israel to exist."

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/israel-hamas-was-gaza-news-11-23-23/index.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

🇵🇸🇮🇱 Piers Morgan asks professor @normfinkelstein how he thinks his parents, who were both Holocaust survivors, would’ve reacted to October 7th.

“They [his parents] had the right to hate the people that destroyed their lives, and the people of Gaza have the right to hate the people who destroyed their lives.”

IDF are not helping Palestenians, IDF are actually destroying Palestenians.

The Pope made unscripted comments today:

The Pope said what Israel is doing right now is terrorism.

29 minutes ago, Super19 said:

🇵🇸🇮🇱 Piers Morgan asks professor @normfinkelstein how he thinks his parents, who were both Holocaust survivors, would’ve reacted to October 7th.

“They [his parents] had the right to hate the people that destroyed their lives, and the people of Gaza have the right to hate the people who destroyed their lives.”

IDF are not helping Palestenians, IDF are actually destroying Palestenians.

The Pope made unscripted comments today:

The Pope said what Israel is doing right now is terrorism.

The Pope made a lot of stupid comments recently. Just look at his comments towards russia...

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

Right, it’s all Jews fault, as usual. How can I unsee the girl who was removing the kidnapped Israelis posters at UBC campus? I guess, I just made it up.

Your sarcasm was missed by a couple of folks who reported your post for being anti-Semitic. I suppose the guy handing out the stickers was doing so ironically, as was the sticker situation when i was in post secondary; my buddy worked at a printing shop and we made all sorts of things, I remember one about the queen that was off colour that gut stuck on 200 lamp posts and telephone poles in Victoria moments before she arrived for some visit or other. But I digress. I think the guy handing out the stickers was doing so on account of the people ripping down the posters of the Israeli Hostages, but he was fired for his efforts by the company. I think regardless of the topic, if you are representing your employer, you have to act in accordance with their policies and if you can not, then you will need to find a new job. In this case I disagree with the topic at hand being a fireable offense, but clearly the company thinks it is, and they have the ability to enforce their message on their own dime.

EDIT: i just remembered the Queen Elizabeth thing, it was a grossly unflattering caricature of her, with the slightly cartoonish style of the Times Colonist logo but saying "Times Colonialist".  Something like that, there were so many....and the hats...every week a new slogan, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

This truce is a bad idea in all but the freeing of some hostages. Will 50 come out? I doubt it very much, this was reported this afternoon from Hamas own mouths. 

6 hours ago - 

Hamas will not allow the @ICRC to visit the hostsges he holds although this is part of the hostage deal with Israel, @alaraby_ar reports.According to the report, Hamas will notify the Red Cross on the hostages situation and health condition

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Super19 said:

What did you think of Norman Finklesteins comments? His parents were holocaust survivors btw. 

I disagree with his comments. Just because someone is Jewish or his parents were Holocaust survivors doesn’t mean he’s automatically right on everything or that I have to agree with him. Half of my family didn’t survive the Holocaust, btw.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

Your sarcasm was missed by a couple of folks who reported your post for being anti-Semitic. I suppose the guy handing out the stickers was doing so ironically, as was the sticker situation when i was in post secondary; my buddy worked at a printing shop and we made all sorts of things, I remember one about the queen that was off colour that gut stuck on 200 lamp posts and telephone poles in Victoria moments before she arrived for some visit or other. But I digress. I think the guy handing out the stickers was doing so on account of the people ripping down the posters of the Israeli Hostages, but he was fired for his efforts by the company. I think regardless of the topic, if you are representing your employer, you have to act in accordance with their policies and if you can not, then you will need to find a new job. In this case I disagree with the topic at hand being a fireable offense, but clearly the company thinks it is, and they have the ability to enforce their message on their own dime.

EDIT: i just remembered the Queen Elizabeth thing, it was a grossly unflattering caricature of her, with the slightly cartoonish style of the Times Colonist logo but saying "Times Colonialist".  Something like that, there were so many....and the hats...every week a new slogan, lol. 

Lol, I’ve been called many things in life. Antisemite is not one of them lol.