Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

14 hours ago, Super19 said:

The truce is over. The bombs resume to fall over Gaza again. 

Very nice to present it as if it was Israel who broke the truce. Let's conveniently forget to mention that the first rockets were shot from Gaza towards Israel BEFORE "Israeli jets are striking targets in Gaza"...

• ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Very nice to present it as if it was Israel who broke the truce. Let's conveniently forget to mention that the first rockets were shot from Gaza towards Israel BEFORE "Israeli jets are striking targets in Gaza"...

Also the truce wasnt broken by Israel anyways, it expired

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Super19 said:

Just effing draw a gosh damn line on the map. A part for Palestine and a part for Israel. And stop being d!cks. Wtf is Israel getting out of this war if not a takeover of Gaza and real destruction of the Palestenian people? It's effed. Their war is just fuelling Hamas, or a form of it, for years and years to come, unless 1) peace happens or 2) genocide happens. 

A takeover needs to happen in order to exterminate Hamas and put actual people in charge instead.  

• ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, Super19 said:

In all honesty, when I see that Israel is justified in almost everything they are doing to Palestine, it pains me. To me the oppression is so clear, the atrocities are so clear. Yet Israel has the support from our government and the greenlight from the US to do quite literally, evil things. I can't stand by it. 

You have to remember who attacked whom. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that HAMAS, the terrorists mind you, are responsible for this entire fiasco that Oct 7th kicked off. They can't be allowed to remain there imbedded among civilians and shooting rockets at Israel and holding hostages from Israel... The rest is an unfortunate result of what needs to be done. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Super19 said:

Just effing draw a gosh damn line on the map. A part for Palestine and a part for Israel. And stop being d!cks. Wtf is Israel getting out of this war...

This is much less likely to happen now than it was likely on Oct 6th. Israel gets nothing out of this, they have to do this. You keep forgetting that it was Hamas who attacked Israel and you think the answer is for Israel to give in to the Terrorists demands. It leaves you on sketchy ground man. 

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

You have to remember who attacked whom. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that HAMAS, the terrorists mind you, are responsible for this entire fiasco that Oct 7th kicked off. They can't be allowed to remain there imbedded among civilians and shooting rockets at Israel and holding hostages from Israel... The rest is an unfortunate result of what needs to be done. 

The IDF was incompetent on Oct 7 - a huge failure on their part. Hamas fighters brought the hostages into Gaza, and offered the return in exchange for all Palestenians imprisoned in Israel. Nentanyahu declined and decided to bomb tf out of Gaza, knowing full well that Hamas operates under the sands in tunnels and knowing that the bombs will certainly kill and forcibly displace much of the civillians.

Then thanks to qatari led efforts, a deal was brokered for the exchange on some of the most vulnerable hostages - all of those of which were thankfully returned back to Israel in seemingly better conditions than we all would have thought.

Now the bombing continues, and as the operation goes deeper and deeper into Gaza, not only will more innocent Palestenians be destroyed and the fate of the remaining hostages be in great peril, but the IDF who you so want to protect will also face more danger. 

How does Israel intend on targetting Hamas without killing innocents and without seriously putting their soldiers in harms way? They can't. So then hkw do they at least just destroy Hamas?They just nuke the Gaza strip and destroy everything - just to destroy Hamas? That is a war crime in the form of collective punishment. And that is what I'm seeing slowly happen right now. This Israeli response is a massive collective punishment on Palestine for what Hamas did on Oct 7. Is this collective punishment the response Israel needs to get done? Is this what you're suggesting as the only solution? When clearly there are ways to broker peace deals between Israel and Hamas with the help of the international community. 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Super19 said:

The IDF was incompetent on Oct 7 - a huge failure on their part. Hamas fighters brought the hostages into Gaza, and offered the return in exchange for all Palestenians imprisoned in Israel. Nentanyahu declined and decided to bomb tf out of Gaza, knowing full well that Hamas operates under the sands in tunnels and knowing that the bombs will certainly kill and forcibly displace much of the civillians.

Then thanks to qatari led efforts, a deal was brokered for the exchange on some of the most vulnerable hostages - all of those of which were thankfully returned back to Israel in seemingly better conditions than we all would have thought.

Now the bombing continues, and as the operation goes deeper and deeper into Gaza, not only will more innocent Palestenians be destroyed and the fate of the remaining hostages be in great peril, but the IDF who you so want to protect will also face more danger. 

How does Israel intend on targetting Hamas without killing innocents and without seriously putting their soldiers in harms way? They can't. So then hkw do they at least just destroy Hamas?They just nuke the Gaza strip and destroy everything - just to destroy Hamas? That is a war crime in the form of collective punishment. And that is what I'm seeing slowly happen right now. This Israeli response is a massive collective punishment on Palestine for what Hamas did on Oct 7. Is this collective punishment the response Israel needs to get done? Is this what you're suggesting as the only solution? When clearly there are ways to broker peace deals between Israel and Hamas with the help of the international community. 

So what is the lesson here?

12 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

So what is the lesson here?

When repeatedly provoked the oppressed will be pushed to the brink and fight back through whatever means they see fit and we aren't in a position to tell the victims fighting back how they should do things differently. 

Just now, Super19 said:

When repeatedly provoked the oppressed will be pushed to the brink and fight back through whatever means they see fit and we aren't in a position to tell the victims fighting back how they should do things differently. 

But you see fit to tell Israelis what to do about 30 times per day.

11 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Does the south have tunnels etc like the north?

for sure, the 'original' tunnels, the ones known about for ages now, ran from Egypt to the Gaza side of Rafah, and they allowed for smuggling of weapons and who knows what else into Gaza. They were blown up some time ago in another limited strike situation, i forget the years.... but the technique has been going on from a Hamas pov for 15 years now, a constant labour, so of course there are. Even with out tunnels, Isreal will need to wrap up Hamas either by capture or removal from the board in order to end the threat to Israeli civilians that was exposed on Oct 7th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

for sure, the 'original' tunnels, the ones known about for ages now, ran from Egypt to the Gaza side of Rafah, and they allowed for smuggling of weapons and who knows what else into Gaza. They were blown up some time ago in another limited strike situation, i forget the years.... but the technique has been going on from a Hamas pov for 15 years now, a constant labour, so of course there are. Even with out tunnels, Isreal will need to wrap up Hamas either by capture or removal from the board in order to end the threat to Israeli civilians that was exposed on Oct 7th.

Crazy world we have now when there's a qr code that explains where to avoid air strikes.

I'm sure we'll get another barrage of Hamas tweets.

This has to be close to it not the last strike like this tho. 

Just now, Bob Long said:

Crazy world we have now when there's a qr code that explains where to avoid air strikes.

I'm sure we'll get another barrage of Hamas tweets.

This has to be close to it not the last strike like this tho. 

by Monday i would expect there to be about 40 square km's left in the Northern Third for Israel to finish capturing. They have already begun to push south from the Highway 10 line to the Wadi Gaza line, which would then leave the area shown in the leaflet and then a little bit of the middle third which is not shown. By my estimate only about 25 square km's of Hamas held territory north of the ANZAC monument are in densely urban built up areas. the other 15 or so square km's is mostly farm fields and fallow land. 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Optimist Prime said:

How does the IDF destroy the tunnels? Or do they just close off the ends and leave those inside with no escape? 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How does the IDF destroy the tunnels? Or do they just close off the ends and leave those inside with no escape? 

There are several techniques, but in majority of cases they try to investigate the tunnel with the drones first and eventually blow it up.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

I remember one case with a Hezbollah tunnel at the good fence border at Lebanon the tunnel worked out to be i guess 'downhill' from israel's side so they just pumped concrete into it and the hilarious thing was seeing the Lebanese government heavy equipment pushing the liquid concrete around at the Lebanese side tunnel mouth... absurd if it wasn't so deadly a situation to have terrorists tunneling into a country...

1 minute ago, Super19 said:

I'm not taking your lefty ribbon away but you do not get to call yourself a humanist.

Oh okay. I didn't know that was your call.

Btw, did you ever consider that the current path is likely to be one that leads to fewer deaths at the end of the day, vs continuing this never ending attack on Israel and use of Palestinians as pawns? I'm guessing that wasn't covered at the rally.

Am I a humanist then?

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Oh okay. I didn't know that was your call.

Btw, did you ever consider that the current path is likely to be one that leads to fewer deaths at the end of the day, vs continuing this never ending attack on Israel and use of Palestinians as pawns? I'm guessing that wasn't covered at the rally.

Am I a humanist then?

There should be an immediete and permanent ceasefire. International community will help broker peace. Why are you so against this?