Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Please don't assign support to me. Show me in reality how this was going to be any different than it has been.

I'm sorry B.Long. I genuinely thought you support this as through a means of a 'difficult necessity'. 

If you don't support the ongoing war at this point then we have more in common than I thought.

I will concede an initial reaction from Israel was warranted, but they have proven to be wreckless and in the eyes of many scholars, genocidal and criminal.

1 minute ago, Super19 said:

A new head of the same snake will form unless change is made to the situation.

Actually no it will not. Hamas will be totally eliminated. Gaza will be built up. There will be lots of good jobs for the Palestinian people. Their live will become so much better. But Hamas, and those who support them, must first be eliminated. Alf still don’t get why anyone with a free thinking mind would support Hamas? 

54 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Such a good point. Hamas are scum. It’s sure tells the truth seeing the photos of those cowards after they surrender and they are all so well fed. The good people of Gaza struggle to find enough food while these cowards are fat. Execute them all. 

Trial and prison if found guilty.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Super19 said:

An offer they can't refuse. Acknowledge that there has been regretable oppression on Palestenians and give Palestenians their state, under the precondition that these Hamas leaders surrender themselves to the courts. Israel cuts the heads of the snake in two ways 1) literally... the Hamas leaders go to the Hague and await their destiny and 2) the Hamas resistance movement is dead as Palestine is free. 

Just once I would like for you to state that Hamas is a terror organization. They are not a "resistance movement." A resistance movement would resist by striking against government/ military targets, unlike terrorist Hamas that "resists" by striking civilian targets. When/ if Hamas ever makes a hit on an actual military target I might start to consider them freedom fighters of some kind, but if all they are capable of is blowing up bus stops and music festivals then they are terrorists.

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

Trial and prison if found guilty.

Isn’t prison intended as a way to rehabilitate? Can Hamas people be rehabilitated and the released into society? IMHAO people who have committed crimes like on October 7 (because they are so far gone from being empathetic human beings) cannot be rehabilitated. They need to be put down. 

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Isn’t prison intended as a way to rehabilitate? Can Hamas people be rehabilitated and the released into society? IMHAO people who have committed crimes like on October 7 (because they are so far gone from being empathetic human beings) cannot be rehabilitated. They need to be put down. 

Once they are in custody, imo, there is an onus of care, and before that, execution is forever, so you best be 100% sure ya got the right guy, that is harder to prove sometimes. Rot in a cell is fine with me. 

Now the ones that won't surrender also need to be dealt with to remove them from the board.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Once they are in custody, imo, there is an onus of care, and before that, execution is forever, so you best be 100% sure ya got the right guy, that is harder to prove sometimes. Rot in a cell is fine with me. 

Now the ones that won't surrender also need to be dealt with to remove them from the board.

I guess this issue of life in prison or execution will be up to the Israeli people. Not too sure what their laws are regrading life in prison v execution? 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I guess this issue of life in prison or execution will be up to the Israeli people. Not too sure what their laws are regrading life in prison v execution? 

I would suspect anyone proven involved in the Oct 7th attack would face execution. 

• Like 2

For those interested in reading this story re. Oct 7:

"Fresh testimony reveals how Israel killed captives in Kibbutz Be’eri on October 7

Hadas Dagan is the sole survivor of Israeli shelling of a house in Be’eri where 14 hostages were killed. She has withheld her testimony, until now."

https://www.uncaptured.media/p/fresh-testimony-reveals-how-israel

14 hours ago, Super19 said:

An offer they can't refuse. Acknowledge that there has been regretable oppression on Palestenians and give Palestenians their state, under the precondition that these Hamas leaders surrender themselves to the courts. Israel cuts the heads of the snake in two ways 1) literally... the Hamas leaders go to the Hague and await their destiny and 2) the Hamas resistance movement is dead as Palestine is free. It's a true elimination.

I think you misjudge... Palestinians just want basic human rights in a country they can call their own. Or at least just basic human rights. It's not a 'death to all Jews' vibe going on there. Some hate towards Israel and vengeance wanted by many? Yes, probably, but can u blame them for thinking that? What I think is important tho is they won't jeoperdize their newfound state and freedom to get their vengeance. The peace will prevail their vengeance.

Hamas has stated that will never have a permanent peace deal with Israel. Their leaders are definitely not turning themselves in. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

IDF reported their killed last night. The list shows that they are all young and higher ranking soldiers who fell in combat:

Meanwhile, a Palestinian-Canadian in Gaza speaks to Al-Jazeera News:

• Israeli snipers ‘shoot whatever moves’

Mansour Shouman, a Palestinian Canadian who has refused to evacuate Khan Younis, is currently sheltering in Nasser Hospital. He described the situation as dangerous and desperate.

“There is no place safe here in Khan Younis. Israeli tanks are as close as 600 metres [1,968 feet]. There are snipers on top of buildings that shoot whatever moves. People do not know where to go.

“I have a friend who tried to reach Rafah. When they reached there his family was bombed – his wife lost her legs, one of his children lost her eyes, and his youngest daughter is nowhere to be found. Khan Younis residents are not able to find safe refuge anywhere,” Shouman told Al Jazeera.

“The eastern part of Khan Younis is now taken over by the Israeli military and there is a lot of heavy fighting there. The main north-to-south road is now occupied with heavy fighting as well. Even if you successfully reach Rafah, there is no temporary shelter, no food, no water. That’s why people are deciding to stay here in Khan Younis – at least it’s better than the unknown.

In the beginning, I posted that the United State's left would favor the Palestinians and the right would favor Israel, but it makes it no less irritating seeing the favoring turn into flat out bigotry. 

The left's bigotry against the Jews is now spreading off of University campuses and into every day life.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/workers-caught-camera-berating-jewish-customer-are-no-longer-employed-rcna129038#:~:text=Three Northern California coffee house,owners of the eatery said.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

In the beginning, I posted that the United State's left would favor the Palestinians and the right would favor Israel, but it makes it no less irritating seeing the favoring turn into flat out bigotry. 

The left's bigotry against the Jews is now spreading off of University campuses and into every day life.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/workers-caught-camera-berating-jewish-customer-are-no-longer-employed-rcna129038#:~:text=Three Northern California coffee house,owners of the eatery said.

Unfair to not mention the very real Islamophobia and backlash/crimes Palestenian sympathizers are receiving.

6yr old boy in Chicago killed for being a Palestenian-Muslim boy. His mother was stabbed:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/10/16/funeral-held-in-us-for-six-year-old-boy-killed-in-suspected-hate-crime

3 students in Vermont shot and critically wounded for wearing a keffiyeh:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/11/26/three-palestinian-men-shot-in-vermont-us-amid-israel-hamas-truce

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Unfair to not mention the very real Islamophobia and backlash/crimes Palestenian sympathizers are receiving.

6yr old boy in Chicago killed for being a Palestenian-Muslim boy. His mother was stabbed:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/10/16/funeral-held-in-us-for-six-year-old-boy-killed-in-suspected-hate-crime

3 students in Vermont shot and critically wounded for wearing a keffiyeh:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/11/26/three-palestinian-men-shot-in-vermont-us-amid-israel-hamas-truce

Oh for sure.  Like I say every time I post these stories, both the left and right are lining up to hurt the people they aren't cheerleading for.

I'm not leaving the right out on purpose.  Their suckage is usually more extreme as well.

This coffee house story is just the bigger story that I ran across today.

Edited by Sabrefan1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Oh for sure.  Like I say every time I post these stories, both the left and right are lining up to hurt the people they aren't cheerleading for.

I'm not leaving the right out on purpose.  Their suckage is usually more extreme as well.

This coffee house story is just the bigger story that I ran across today.

That's fair, I agree.

When was the last time you felt a sinister nature of divide here? Covid/anti Covid? The BLM movement? LGBTQ+ rights? Is this conflict worse than those?

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Super19 said:

That's fair, I agree.

When was the last time you felt a sinister nature of divide here? Covid/anti Covid? The BLM movement? LGBTQ+ rights? Is this conflict worse than those?

It's not worse than the COVID divide, yet.  But it's getting there fast.  Add to the fact that Israel may be bombing Gaza for the next few months, and there is definitely potential for this to get out of hand.  History has shown how ugly antisemitism can become.  Add in the already there anti-Middle East sentiment, and things aren't looking up.

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

It's not worse than the COVID divide, yet.  But it's getting there fast.  Add to the fact that Israel may be bombing Gaza for the next few months, and there is definitely potential for this to get out of hand.  History has shown how ugly antisemitism can become.  Add in the already there anti-Middle East sentiment, and things aren't looking up.

You might be interested in this:

When two young American Jews raised to unconditionally love Israel witness the brutal way Israel treats Palestinians, their lives take sharp left turns.

They join a movement of young American Jews battling the old guard to redefine Judaism’s relationship with Israel, revealing a deepening generational divide over modern Jewish identity.

Directed by two first-time Jewish filmmakers who share a similar story to the film’s protagonists, ISRAELISM is produced by Peabody-winner & 6-time Emmy-nominee Daniel J. Chalfen (Loudmouth, Boycott) along with activist and filmmaker Nadia Saah (Mo, Omar, 5 Broken Cameras), executive produced by two-time Emmy-winner Brian A. Kates (Marvelous Ms. Maisel, Succession, The Plot Against America) and edited by Emmy-winner Tony Hale (The Story of Plastic).

ISRAELISM uniquely explores how Jewish attitudes towards Israel are changing dramatically, with massive consequences for the region

1 hour ago, Super19 said:

You might be interested in this:

When two young American Jews raised to unconditionally love Israel witness the brutal way Israel treats Palestinians, their lives take sharp left turns.

They join a movement of young American Jews battling the old guard to redefine Judaism’s relationship with Israel, revealing a deepening generational divide over modern Jewish identity.

Directed by two first-time Jewish filmmakers who share a similar story to the film’s protagonists, ISRAELISM is produced by Peabody-winner & 6-time Emmy-nominee Daniel J. Chalfen (Loudmouth, Boycott) along with activist and filmmaker Nadia Saah (Mo, Omar, 5 Broken Cameras), executive produced by two-time Emmy-winner Brian A. Kates (Marvelous Ms. Maisel, Succession, The Plot Against America) and edited by Emmy-winner Tony Hale (The Story of Plastic).

ISRAELISM uniquely explores how Jewish attitudes towards Israel are changing dramatically, with massive consequences for the region

Thanks for the recommendation.  I'll download it and watch it.  The hard liners in real life Israel were set to fade into history over the next 15-20 years.  My fear is that this Hamas attack has changed the political landscape and will breathe new life into the hard line parties.

That said, I understand why many Israelis are looking to decimate Hamas.  Oct. 7 is their 9/11.