Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

15 minutes ago, Super19 said:

What happens when you drop bunker bombs, 2,500lb bombs, bombs that are meant to be used on warships, into residential neighborhoods? 

Children don't do well with the enormous shockwaves emitted. It damages their little organs, kills them without leaving scratches or amputations. Israel has no effing right to be dropping these bombs.

FAFO happens…

• Cheers 1

On 12/13/2023 at 10:52 AM, Sabrefan1 said:

In the beginning, I posted that the United State's left would favor the Palestinians and the right would favor Israel, but it makes it no less irritating seeing the favoring turn into flat out bigotry. 

The left's bigotry against the Jews is now spreading off of University campuses and into every day life.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/workers-caught-camera-berating-jewish-customer-are-no-longer-employed-rcna129038#:~:text=Three Northern California coffee house,owners of the eatery said.

Here in Canada the pro Hamas crowd is largely going unchallenged. A lot of BS thrown out as cover but Jewish hatred is well established in the universities and media. Trudeau's caucus is splitting somewhat but has a large anti Israel faction. Institutionalized in the sense that the mayor of Calgary has been exposed for anti Jewish behavior. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

I got kicked out of an ancient chapel at the Mount of beatitudes by a hundred year old nun with a boney finger for washing my brow with the baptismal font water. It was hot and musty and I thought it was for freshening up. But no Jewish ex's.

Hah! I got kicked out of Sunday school for repeatedly calling the teaching folklore and questioning His existence. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

A much better question - did Israel ever care about having the room globally?

I'm just wondering what support Israel has supposedly lost... To me it's always seemed like there wasn't much outside of North America, and not a lot within academics more with our centre to right politicians.

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I'm just wondering what support Israel has supposedly lost... To me it's always seemed like there wasn't much outside of North America, and not a lot within academics more with our centre to right politicians.

Israel didn't lose anything. People who supported Israel - still support it. People who never supported Israel just got emboldened by the rising antisemitism around the world and now show their true faces. It's as simple as that.

• Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 2

2 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Israel didn't lose anything. People who supported Israel - still support it. People who never supported Israel just got emboldened by the rising antisemitism around the world and now show their true faces. It's as simple as that.

Seems that way to me as well. It feels a bit like how Trump allowed his supporters to say the quiet stuff out loud.

Having said that tho, I don't think it's unreasonable to be critical of the scale and decisions made during this current war. I do support Israel but also don't think they should be free from scrutiny where deserved. I just hope it ends soon for everyones sake.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Well, you know better than me. I was under the belief that they had more support before their heavy reaction to Oct7.

Perhaps it just seems like they have lost a bunch of support but I only see what is in the media.

It has been outlined in this thread that our media, government and educational institutions are funded by Hamas. I guess it is obvious when i think about it. The pro-Hamas sentiment in this country is going unchecked, jewish hatred is well established in our media and universities. I mean, it's institutionalised in our politics.

Right?

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Isreal has lost the room.

I feel for Jewish people the world over. That country is casting an unfortunate undeserving shadow on the religion. 

I don’t feel that way at all.  
It’s only a handful of loud college assholes and some social media cunts that are creating all the noise.  

Personally, I haven’t heard a single person outside of the internet have anything to say about the war, Jews, Israel, etc…..

It all depends on what you are looking for.  

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Well, you know better than me. I was under the belief that they had more support before their heavy reaction to Oct7.

Perhaps it just seems like they have lost a bunch of support but I only see what is in the media.

It has been outlined in this thread that our media, government and educational institutions are funded by Hamas. I guess it is obvious when i think about it. The pro-Hamas sentiment in this country is going unchecked, jewish hatred is well established in our media and universities. I mean, it's institutionalised in our politics.

Right?

It is there to some degree, imo. 

No one credible is saying all critical statements about this war means someone is pro Hamas. 

But yea, imo there is a lot of anti Jewish sentiment coming out that was there to be used by groups happy to exploit it.

I also think some academics are more than happy to use it, how else would you explain what the Harvard president did?

8 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

I don’t feel that way at all.  
It’s only a handful of loud college assholes and some social media cunts that are creating all the noise.  

Personally, I haven’t heard a single person outside of the internet have anything to say about the war, Jews, Israel, etc…..

It all depends on what you are looking for.  

I have heard quite a bit of critisim from people I know about Isreal. I was just out in Chilliwack and an entire room was bitching. Then I stopped by for a visit in the British properties and the same chatter occurred. 

No Jewish hatred though, like at all. Just dismay over how brutal the response from the country of Isreal seems. 

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It is there to some degree, imo. 

No one credible is saying all critical statements about this war means someone is pro Hamas. 

But yea, imo there is a lot of anti Jewish sentiment coming out that was there to be used by groups happy to exploit it.

I also think some academics are more than happy to use it, how else would you explain what the Harvard president did?

Sorry havent follwed that.

I was talking about our country. The funding that Hamas apparently provides for people in our most important and influential institutions. 

And why do you say "to some degree" now?

You upvoted a post claiming  'jewish hatred is well established in our media and universities'

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

This is exactly it. The people who were against Israel, were so against Israel, that they were never going to be pleased by anything short of Israel not existing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Taxi said:

This is exactly it. The people who were against Israel, were so against Israel, that they were never going to be pleased by anything short of Israel not existing. 

This is not true for me.

I want Isreal to exist.

I believe, from the info that I have seen, that they could be handling the response better. So in that sense I am against Isreal, but not against the country existing.

I meant what I said. I fear that "That country is casting an unfortunate undeserving shadow on the religion"

30 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I have heard quite a bit of critisim from people I know about Isreal. I was just out in Chilliwack and an entire room was bitching. Then I stopped by for a visit in the British properties and the same chatter occurred. 

No Jewish hatred though, like at all. Just dismay over how brutal the response from the country of Isreal seems. 

Sorry havent follwed that.

I was talking about our country. The funding that Hamas apparently provides for people in our most important and influential institutions. 

And why do you say "to some degree" now?

You upvoted a post claiming  'jewish hatred is well established in our media and universities'

Well, when university presidents are openly saying the things they are, and being widely supported for it, what would you call it?

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

This is not true for me.

I want Isreal to exist.

I believe, from the info that I have seen, that they could be handling the response better. So in that sense I am against Isreal, but not against the country existing.

I meant what I said. I fear that "That country is casting an unfortunate undeserving shadow on the religion"

I guess I'd ask, why is the entire region being blamed? We don't like that when it happens to Muslims.

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Well, when university presidents are openly saying the things they are, and being widely supported for it, what would you call it?

Which Canadian uni are you asking about? I'm not up to speed

I'm sure that you hvae some good quotes but I'm more concerned about the funding that Hama sends to them? those that recieve those dollars should be arrested.

Again, well established hatred is what you agreed with.

As for funding to our polititians, I just read about a Pro-Isreal lobby groups in Canada. Is there any lobby groups that are considered Pro-Palestine?

I know we both disagree with lobby groups from past convos. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I guess I'd ask, why is the entire region being blamed? We don't like that when it happens to Muslims.

Im assuming you meant religion? I don't think the religion is being blamed at all. It's literally just the atrocities the Israeli government is commiting right now thats being blamed. Some Jewish people link their religion to their state, and support Israel unconditionally, whereas Muslims are quick to point that the terrorists or even the States don't reflect who they are and what they practice.

There are many Jews right now who are saying "Not in my name". I think these Jewish people and Muslims can relate.

7 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Im assuming you meant religion?

Oh, that is what he probably meant.

My comment earlier is about what you went on to say. 'There are many Jews right now who are saying "Not in my name". I think these Jewish people and Muslims can relate'

I hope people are not blaming the Jewish religion for the actions of the country of Isreal. Yet, I fear some are.

12 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Im assuming you meant religion? I don't think the religion is being blamed at all. It's literally just the atrocities the Israeli government is commiting right now thats being blamed. Some Jewish people link their religion to their state, and support Israel unconditionally, whereas Muslims are quick to point that the terrorists or even the States don't reflect who they are and what they practice.

There are many Jews right now who are saying "Not in my name". I think these Jewish people and Muslims can relate.

Yes, got autocorrected.

Yea, it's a complex issue, lots of views on it.

One thing that doesn't come up enough imo is the support Iran is giving to both Hamas and Russia. All those Iranian drones indiscriminately killing Ukrainian kids seems to be an afterthought.