Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Yep. They need leaders that actually want peace.

Would Israel be justified in telling the Gazans to leave, even facilitating safe refuge in other parts of the region for them to go, and then declaring those who wish to stay behind and support Hamas do so at their own peril. And then Israel pretty much nukes Gaza, assuring the elimination of Hamas. 

And if Hezbollah tried to intervene fully, a full scale and similar attack backed by the US is launched on southern Lebanon.

11 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Would Israel be justified in telling the Gazans to leave, even facilitating safe refuge in other parts of the region for them to go, and then declaring those who wish to stay behind and support Hamas do so at their own peril. And then Israel pretty much nukes Gaza, assuring the elimination of Hamas. 

but they don't have to leave if they don't have terrorists as their government. 

The Gazan's really do hold a major part of their future in their own hands. I don't know exactly how the world can help them, or if they are ready yet, but that has to happen.

If Gazan's elected e.g., a moderate leadership that was peaceful, they could capitalize on all the global support they appear to have at the moment. If terror attacks continue, then they will lost that support as quickly as it came.

11 minutes ago, Super19 said:

And if Hezbollah tried to intervene fully, a full scale and similar attack backed by the US is launched on southern Lebanon.

which would be horrible 

Edited by Bob Long

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

but they don't have to leave if they don't have terrorists as their government. 

The Gazan's really do hold a major part of their future in their own hands. I don't know exactly how the world can help them, or if they are ready yet, but that has to happen.

If Gazan's elected e.g., a moderate leadership that was peaceful, they could capitalize on all the global support they appear to have at the moment. If terror attacks continue, then they will lost that support as quickly as it came.

which would be horrible 

But i don't think theyd have this Hamas if they weren't occupied and oppressed (for decades) by outside forces to begin with.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Super19 said:

But i don't think theyd have this Hamas if they weren't occupied and oppressed (for decades) by outside forces to begin with.

But thats too simplistic a view. Palestinians have turned down several chances at peace, and lost wars. 

To just say this is all Israel isn't a legitimate argument. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

But thats too simplistic a view. Palestinians have turned down several chances at peace, and lost wars. 

To just say this is all Israel isn't a legitimate argument. 

Continuing to keep it simple for the purposes of not exhausting ourselves, read into this statement from Nentanyahu:

"Netanyahu says to a reporter, 'you and your journalist friends have been blaming me for almost thirty years for putting the brakes on the Oslo Accords and preventing the Palestinian state. That is true.'"

3 minutes ago, Super19 said:

If an alien came to Earth and saw what was happening, they'd think Nentanyahu was the genocidal maniac.

Nope. The alien would think Hamas

needs to be cleansed from humanity and that those who support them should go too. Especially the leaders of Russia and Iran. 

the Houthi Rebels are about to find out what Hamas is busy learning...

@SECDEF will announce Operation Prosperity Guardian next week, an international effort to protect Red Sea shipping, US military official tells. Today, USS Carney downed 14 Houthi drones while HMS Diamond downed 1, all part of same wave
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Super19 said:

I respect your views and sentiment.

I just want to point out that the Israeli Social Security Office announced that 695 civillians were killed on Oct 7 and 373 Israeli forces were killed, bringing the total to 1,068 Israelis killed on Oct 7.

We also know that Israel, due to crossfire/forced error or perhaps even a Hannibal Directive, killed up to half of these Israelis themselves. Their Apache helicopters and tanks on the ground.

Now don't get me wrong, Hamas is responsible for the deaths of these Israelis, even if Israel killed nearly half of them due to forced error/crossfire or even the Hannibal Directive. But still, we were misled by the severity and atrocities, and the IDF doesn't look too good here.

So keeping in mind that 695 civillians were killed on Oct 7, with the IDF themselves killing a number of them, we are seeing nearly 10,000 (and counting) CHILDREN dead in Israel's military response.

I respect your compassion for the Palestinian people though I am not much for propaganda games.

I have seen enough evidence to make me believe Hamas fighters did horrendous things on October the 7th and during the days after.

Families lost people they love to brutal acts of violence. 

That to me is what the matters the most, though I feel for all the Isreali families that lost loved ones in that attack. 

I also feel the same way for innocent Palestinian people who have lost loved ones. 

What I find absolutely mindboggling is the fact that people in this thread don't accept the fact that Isreal practices arpartheid.

The international community states this, humanitarian bodies both inside and outside of Isreal say this, many prominent Isrealis, and Isrealis themselves say this. 

The fact that arpartheid exists on this planet in the 21st century illustrates the fact we are going backwards. 

How can any civilised person accept that one group of people can treat another group of people like second class people ? 

What if you guys were born and raised in Gaza ?

How would you feel ?

What if you lived in the west bank ?

How would you feel when your land is being stolen from you ?

If your family was burned alive in a settler attack.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Super19 said:

The IDF terrorists just shot and killed a Christian mother and daughter who were taking refuge in a church.

spacer.png

Hamas is a terrorist group as identified by our government. Israel is our ally. The IDF is not a terrorist group. The IDF is going a job that must be done for Gaza to be free. They must eliminate the terrorists - Hamas. 

6 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Man, that is awesome.

She really is good. Heart of a fighter (good pressure) with strong technique. Please keep me upto date with her progress. 

Snagging that table must have made for a wicked good night. I dream of sitting ringside. 

I think I have told you about my friend's son that I take to the gym ( son of the ex-US marine guy I mentioned yesterday). He will be off to Alabama on a full lacrosse scholarship.... Anyway, his little bro has discovered bjj. After just 2 months the club approached his dad and asked if they could put the son in tournies. He loves it. Mopping up and fighting above his weight class. I think he is 13-1 so far. He doesn't have the natural gifts of his big bro but he has a fire, indomitable spirit. I am so stoked to support him along his journey.

Great song you posted. BTW, because of you 'Idiots are taking over' is on my gym playlist. I think of you almost daily.

Thanks for the kind words Ilunga. Take care of yourself this holiday season, treat yourself well. 

Thanks for the kind words my friend.

Steph has a presence, a kind of " bottled energy/drive ".

She reminds me of me, when people gave me the nickname, intense dave.

Was telling my oldest friend and Stephs dad your comments about her technique.

I gave her a T- shirt I had printed up, I have one as well 

All you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear 

Yes that table was a bonus, we had standing tickets, however we knew the guys running security, they promised us if people didn't show up or got kicked out we would get their seats.

Total bonus they were ringside.

Stoked to hear about your friends son.

We were talking about the fact that the quality of boxing fights isn't what it used to be, the talent pool is being diluted by kids choosing MMA.

There was a couple of cracking MMA fights last night.

My old body was wincing at the impacts, especially the the leg kicks.

I believe that your friends son " indomitable spirit" or fire and drive will take him further than talent alone.

It's when you combine the both that you get that very rare individual who stands so high above the rest in their chosen endeavour.

Tell your friends son from intense dave, if he gives 100 percent, believes in himself 100 percent, he can achieve anything he puts his mind to.

In regards to BJJ, I posted up Carlos Gracie's 12 commandments in a reply to a post of yours on the old board.

Tell him about those as well.

Hope you have a wonderful Saturnalia and a fantastic 2024, lots of good health and happiness for you and those you love. 

You are always in my thoughts.

• Huggy Bear 1

46 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Both must choose it. Mahers point was that Palestinians have passed on several chances.

Maher was not correct. Look at what Nentanyahu himself has said:

"Netanyahu says he is 'proud that I prevented the establishment of a Palestinian state'"

"Netanyahu says to a reporter, 'you and your journalist friends have been blaming me for almost thirty years for putting the brakes on the Oslo Accords and preventing the Palestinian state. That is true.'"

Nentanyahu isn't even hiding it anymore. He's reaffirming the what the Palestinians have been saying and fighting for for decades. Mahers talking point destroyed by Nentanyahu himself.

2 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Maher was not correct. Look at what Nentanyahu himself has said:

"Netanyahu says he is 'proud that I prevented the establishment of a Palestinian state'"

Nentanyahu isn't even hiding it anymore. He's reaffirming the what the Palestinians have been saying and fighting for for decades. Mahers talking point destroyed by Nentanyahu himself.

Is there any different context though?

Could he have been saying that it is 'true'... that reporters have been hounding him for all those years?

Not that he necessarily is admitting to anything?

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Is there any different context though?

Could he have been saying that it is 'true'... that reporters have been hounding him for all those years?

Not that he necessarily is admitting to anything?

Admittedly I'd be shocked if what was said at face value was true. I'm on the phone rn. But if he truly Admitted that it saves a long exhausting debate

• Cheers 1