Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

26 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

You can compare elements because there certainly are some but the term of Nazi is thrown around far too liberally. There is really one easy to use system. Are they putting people onto trains leading to extermination camps? No? Then nope don't use Nazi. 

Also...others made their way to camps. It was approx 6 million Jewish people but an assorted 5 million others were exterminated with them.  I say this to put the true evil of the Nazi regime in its full horror.  

When you view, correctly imo, as both Jewish people and Gazans as traumatized groups, it puts things in a correct perspective and helps to explain many of the choices made.

Edited by Bob Long

On 12/28/2023 at 6:02 PM, Canuck Surfer said:

Underground network below & integrated within refugee camp.  Used for uninterrupted passage of terrorists. Uncovered, cleared & mapped by IDF.

Also connected to a Hamas key leaders home, a school, hospital, plus including storage of weapons, explosives, triage centers, key emergent points as hidden firing points for missiles & machine guns. Also the bodies of 5 dead Israeli abductee's from Oct 7.

As it turns out @Super19, that explosion / implosion I posted you suggested was disgusting?  Was the IDF destroying the already cleared network & Hamas base. With all the horrors & supported evidence of terrorism, use of human shields.  I still support your concern, have posted continuously, they should not have used the bunker bombs while there were refugee's, civilians & hospitals above.  

Suggests this whole war was not a false flag, but worse, propagating their people as victims with the seeds in underground tunnels. 

image.thumb.png.779793dbbe3703f73b0cc3b2ee97c798.png

I still find it horrible. But I appreciate you also condemn at least portions of Israel's bombardment. 

I think we were very clear early on ITT that Oct 7 was not a false flag. I was also very vocal about a deep investigation being much needed surrounding Oct 7.

Still no proof of any such systems under al-Shifa which Israel was very sure of.

On 12/28/2023 at 6:16 PM, Alflives said:

Thanks for posting this information. Where did Hamas get the money to build these sophisticated tunnels? I thought Gaza was a very poor region. 
I’d like to hear @Super19 view on this video evidence of the Hamas tunnels? 

Hamas likely got this money from Iran. Iran seems to be the financial backers here. 

I've agreed that Hamas have had tunnels all along. I just contested that it was not under al-Shifa. And I also contest that the Israeli airstrikes, including the bunker busters bombs, are likely not collapsing these tunnels. So what's the point of dropping them? It's just giving Hamas more cover to fight from the rubble. Not to mention hurting hundreds of thousands of lives. I read an article from a paper the other day, saying how Hamas changed modern warfare with these tunnels. This is clearly a tough war to fight, unlike anything we have seen before.

Gaza was poor. But it still had history. Culture. Streets of bazaars. Universities. Mosques - some Churches too. Historic sites. Just no airports. And the bare minimum of food and barely any supplies due to the blockades. And not much opportunity. But Palestinians in Gaza made the best out of what they had. And now it's being destroyed. Very very sad.

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

So withdrawing troops, transitioning to lower intensity operations by Israel is what some are talking about? 

It looks like the IDF are losing the battle on the ground.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Super19 said:

Hamas likely got this money from Iran. Iran seems to be the financial backers here. 

I've agreed that Hamas have had tunnels all along. I just contested that it was not under al-Shifa. And I also contest that the Israeli airstrikes, including the bunker busters bombs, are likely not collapsing these tunnels. So what's the point of dropping them? It's just giving Hamas more cover to fight from the rubble. Not to mention hurting hundreds of thousands of lives. I read an article from a paper the other day, saying how Hamas changed modern warfare with these tunnels. This is clearly a tough war to fight, unlike anything we have seen before.

Gaza was poor. But it still had history. Culture. Streets of bazaars. Universities. Mosques - some Churches too. Historic sites. Just no airports. And the bare minimum of food and barely any supplies due to the blockades. And not much opportunity. But Palestinians in Gaza made the best out of what they had. And now it's being destroyed. Very very sad.

Just curious, how can something have all that and be called a prison?

• ThereItIs 1

10 hours ago, Super19 said:

The situation in Gaza is definitely sad. Hopefully the IDF can eliminate Hamas soon so Gaza can get built up. I see lots of opportunities for the Gaza people once Hamas is gone. Then it will be safe there and countries will invest and build infrastructure. They need to fix the schools. No more brainwashed kids to hate. Yup. It’s going to take at least one generation to fix that. 

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

The situation in Gaza is definitely sad. Hopefully the IDF can eliminate Hamas soon so Gaza can get built up. I see lots of opportunities for the Gaza people once Hamas is gone. Then it will be safe there and countries will invest and build infrastructure. They need to fix the schools. No more brainwashed kids to hate. Yup. It’s going to take at least one generation to fix that. 

People in gaza need to take responsibility for sitting back doing nothing while they vote in terrorists as their "government". Well, it has come back to haunt them. Most of them still support hamas 100% so they have chosen their side. 

Israel needs to continue to hunt down hamas until the job is done. I would expect canada to do the same if we were attacked...however our idiot pm has left our military with only 3 days of ammo.  Laughable.  The turd is the most corrupt pm this country has ever seen by far. Billions of dollars are simply missing. Yet some still support the turd? That is disgusting.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mac said:

People in gaza need to take responsibility for sitting back doing nothing while they vote in terrorists as their "government". Well, it has come back to haunt them. Most of them still support hamas 100% so they have chosen their side. 

not sure what has to happen for that to change, but it has to happen. 

1 hour ago, Mac said:

Israel needs to continue to hunt down hamas until the job is done. I would expect canada to do the same if we were attacked...however our idiot pm has left our military with only 3 days of ammo.  Laughable.  The turd is the most corrupt pm this country has ever seen by far. Billions of dollars are simply missing. Yet some still support the turd? That is disgusting.

there's no missing money from our budget, no one in gov't in Canada has that kind of power.

1 hour ago, Mac said:

.  The turd is the most corrupt pm this country has ever seen by far. Billions of dollars are simply missing. Yet some still support the turd? That is disgusting.

Take it to the appropriate thread and grow up already

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Super19 said:

Gaza was poor. But it still had history. Culture.

I agree this is about culture. In a world of militant autocracies those in charge set rules others have to follow. Example; Sinwar strangling to death, with his bare hands, Israeli sympathizers. Most such rules benefit the portion of culture used to keep dominants in control.  Not actually celebrate a culture that benefits people.

Spoiler

My goal here is to stereotype militants, not any one culture within Islamic groups. Or Islam itself. Hamas is such a group IMO.  The behaviours in the video's in spoilers are specific to those who give themselves powers over others, create a ruling class with violence. Intruding in the types of places, like those of worship, health care, education, business. Asking for / taking severance, servitude. It's gang warfare. At the expense of any who disagree, minorities, commonly women.  

2 hours ago, Mac said:

Yes, they were elected in.  Do you understand why?  
Do you understand what Hamas has actually done there over the years?   
It seems you don’t.  Not everything starts off horrible. 
Also, do you think because they voted wrong they should all get murdered and have their entire country flattened?   
Doesn’t seem fair to blame the innocent folks who are getting blown apart, when it is a terrorist group who is at the center of this. Does it?

2 hours ago, Mac said:

Israel needs to continue to hunt down hamas until the job is done.

Yes

2 hours ago, Mac said:

I would expect canada to do the same if we were attacked...however our idiot pm has left our military with only 3 days of ammo.  Laughable.  The turd is the most corrupt pm this country has ever seen by far. Billions of dollars are simply missing. Yet some still support the turd? That is disgusting.

I hate Trudy as much as the next guy.  
Straight up, I think he’s a goof.  
BUT   This isn’t the thread to talk about this. And it’s the same old thing you keep saying in the Canada politics thread. 
Please provide real proof of Billions of missing mystery money 

I say a lot of ignorant shit on these boards. Mostly because it’s fun!

But I always have at least a decent idea of what I’m talking about and I am only disrespectful when the respect isn’t there anymore.  
If I have zero actual knowledge on a topic, like this one, I read and try to learn but I shut the fuck up.  
It’s not really a subject someone should spout off ignorant shit about. 

Im not telling you to shut up or calling you ignorant.  Just telling you something I do sometimes. 😉 

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

What airline company would fly into Gaza with Hamas in control? 

that is a BINGO!

Also, speaking to ammo in the Canadian Armed Forces: while Steven Harper was Prime Minister my month of range training consisted of pepper potting while screaming BUDGET CUT, BUDGET CUT, to mimic the sound of a rifle going off. We had NO days of ammo under the Conservative Government, in Canada. Three is quite the improvement.

That is all. 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Super19 said:

By your logic, Monaco and Gaza enjoy the same freedoms??

Let’s first figure out your logic instead of changing the narrative. Your words, not mine - “One reason? No airport”.

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Let’s first figure out your logic instead of changing the narrative. Your words, not mine - “One reason? No airport”.

Nobody can move freely in or out of Gaza. It's like a prison. Imagine you were a Palestinian born in Gaza. Put yourself in their shoes.

17 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Just curious, how can something have all that and be called a prison?

Have you ever been grounded in your room before? Now imagine being grounded for a long time. And you can't access your tree house in the backyard either. 

Wouldn't you get pissed off if someone said "but that's not a prison, you have books and an Xbox in your room".

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20240102-israel-assassinates-deputy-head-of-hamas-saleh-al-arouri/

Israel assassinates deputy head of Hamas Saleh Al-Arouri

Hamas deputy head Saleh Al-Arouri was killed in the explosion that hit southern Beirut today. Al-Arouri was a founding member of the armed wing of Hamas, which led the 7 October attacks on Israel, killing at least 1,140 Israelis. The explosion took place in a suburb of Beirut called Dahiyeh, a residential area but also home to many members of the Lebanese armed movement Hezbollah, which is a Hamas ally.

• Like 2

Interviewed just yesterday;

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20240102-hamas-official-saleh-al-arouri-discussed-his-view-on-death-in-past-interviews/

Hamas official Saleh Al-Arouri discussed his view on death in past interviews

In past interviews, Hamas deputy head Saleh Al-Arouri, who was killed in an explosion south of Beirut today, discussed life as a Palestinian under occupation. He described the trials and tribulations of living under Israeli occupation, being at risk of arrest, assassination and having homes demolished. He says he didn’t expect to live as long as he has, and spoke about how the threat of assassination means nothing, as he believes martyrdom is the ‘greatest victory’ with which he hopes marks the end of his life. Al-Arouri, who was a founding member of the armed wing of Hamas, was killed in the explosion that hit the Dahiyeh suburb in southern Beirut today.