Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1
Message added by Sharpshooter,

THIS THREAD IS MODERATED. 

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE/REPLY WITH PERSONAL INSULTS OR ABUSIVE LANGUAGE. 

DON’T SAY YOU HAVEN’T BEEN WARNED. 

BE KIND, EMPATHIZE OR USE THE IGNORE FUNCTION. 

~ Your friendly neighbourhood Sniper. 

29 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Sorry, i misread then. IDF had clear instructions not to use live ammunition against rock throwers, only rubber bullets and tear gas.

And shit is going to happen man. Mistakes happen and psychos happen. Especially in war and insurgency type fights. Biggest group of douche bags I ever met traveling were Israelis guys straight out the IDF in Columbia. Coked out of their minds ofc. Some of the nicest another group of guys and gals straight out the IDF on that same time in Columbia..also coked out their minds. Life deals you all sorts. 

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Palestinians should have taken the deal…

IMG_9942.jpeg

Alright just for arguments sake, I am a first nations person, a deal has been struck that gives them back their land , and you have to give up/ leave your home ?

Are you going to leave.

They have inhabited that land for 10,000 years, a lot longer than Isrealis or Palestinians have inhabited Isreal/ Palestine.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

And shit is going to happen man. Mistakes happen and psychos happen. Especially in war and insurgency type fights. Biggest group of douche bags I ever met traveling were Israelis guys straight out the IDF in Columbia. Coked out of their minds ofc. Some of the nicest another group of guys and gals straight out the IDF on that same time in Columbia..also coked out their minds. Life deals you all sorts. 

In my experience Colombia is a great place to get coked out of your mind.

So is BC for that matter.

1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

They have shot kids throwing rocks at tanks. So yes? 

I don't deny that's happened, what I meant is it's not official IDF policy. Like Israeli generals don't sit around and make official plans to murder children, unlike Hamas who do make plans to murder children.

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

I don't deny that's happened, what I meant is it's not official IDF policy. Like Israeli generals don't sit around and make official plans to murder children, unlike Hamas who do make plans to murder children.

You don't think its official  IDF policy with  bombing residential building full of innocent women / children  civilians  ?

Israel has a deplorable record of carrying out unlawful attacks in Gaza killing and injuring civilians including war crimes and crimes against humanity," Higazi said. "Palestinian armed groups have also committed violations of international humanitarian law with impunity."

Human Rights Watch, which has referred to Israel's treatment of Palestinians as a form of apartheid, has also condemned Hamas for firing rockets at areas populated by civilians. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/israel-bombing-gaza-apartment-buildings-potential-war-crime-rights-groups-2021-5

Edited by moosehead
  • Huggy Bear 1

8 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

In my experience Colombia is a great place to get coked out of your mind.

So is BC for that matter.

Used to be. Not so much nowadays. Quality and fentanyl these days are an issue I am told. I am retired. 

3 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

Even one is to concede they don't do it now, they used to do it before their nation was founded.

https://thepalestineproject.medium.com/notorious-massacres-of-palestinians-between-1937-1948-ae4f4d1f61d0 

Women and children dude.

What people will do in extreme to found a nation eh.

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

How are Israel soldiers going to tell the difference between a Hamas-Palestinian and an ordinary-Palestinian?

I know this sounds like a crass answer, but only saying cuz you may not know: israel has taken direct control of the cell networks and is sending alerts to the civilians about what districts are going to be hit due to Hamas activity there and they are told safe corridors to travel to safer districts. I know that isn't awesome but it is better than nothing.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Alright just for arguments sake, I am a first nations person, a deal has been struck that gives them back their land , and you have to give up/ leave your home ?

Are you going to leave.

They have inhabited that land for 10,000 years, a lot longer than Isrealis or Palestinians have inhabited Isreal/ Palestine.

Who made the deal?   The government?  If so, they’d have to give me my money or get me a new home. Expropriation happens all the time. The owner would get compensated.  All land is registered at land title office. As long as I have my duplicate indefeasible title certificate on hand I am fine. 

3 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

From what I gather up until these last few days they would inform the residents of an area being targeted, don't know what the latest is.

How many Palestinian civilians have been killed by Israel?

Israeli forces and settlers have killed at least 3,752 Palestinian civilians since 2008 throughout the occupied West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip, according to the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs.2 days ago
Edited by moosehead

4 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I know this sounds like a crass answer, but only saying cuz you may not know: israel has taken direct control of the cell networks and is sending alerts to the civilians about what districts are going to be hit due to Hamas activity there and they are told safe corridors to travel to safer districts. I know that isn't awesome but it is better than nothing.

OK - lets look at some truth....

How many Palestinian civilians have been killed by Israel?

Israeli forces and settlers have killed at least 3,752 Palestinian civilians since 2008 throughout the occupied West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip, according to the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs.2 days ago
Edited by moosehead
  • Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Who made the deal?   The government?  If so, they’d have to give me my money or get me a new home. Expropriation happens all the time. The owner would get compensated.  All land is registered at land title office. As long as I have my duplicate indefeasible title certificate on hand I am fine. 

So the 750,000 Palestinians that were displaced from their homes when Isreal kicked them out should have been compensated, yes ?

11 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

From what I gather up until these last few days they would inform the residents of an area being targeted, don't know what the latest is.

Yes that's what the Irgun claimed when they committed what is considered by many to be the first modern act of terrorism, the bombing of the King David hotel, they rang up and warned the British.

There is no evidence to back this up.

• Like 1

Genuinely gobmsacked some people are siding with Israel. I urge fellow posters to pick up a book and read about what's been happening to the Palestinian people for the past 70 years. If you're going to form an opinion about a conflict as complicated as Palestine-Israel, you can't make up your mind based on what's occurred over the weekend.

And no, Israel has no legitimate argument to justify its right to exist. It's stolen Palestinian land. What's crazy is that this is considered an extreme opinion nowadays.

15 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Yes that's what the Irgun claimed when they committed what is considered by many to be the first modern act of terrorism, the bombing of the King David hotel, they rang up and warned the British.

There is no evidence to back this up.

I have seen some flyers that were posted earlier, maybe I seen it on reddit, not sure if it's real so who knows.

59 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Can’t disagree with you on this. Israel is just like any other country, with its fair share of crazies and idiots. Yet the vast majority are nice people who just don’t want to be killed.

• Huggy Bear 2

6 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

Genuinely gobmsacked some people are siding with Israel. I urge fellow posters to pick up a book and read about what's been happening to the Palestinian people for the past 70 years. If you're going to form an opinion about a conflict as complicated as Palestine-Israel, you can't make up your mind based on what's occurred over the weekend.

And no, Israel has no legitimate argument to justify its right to exist. It's stolen Palestinian land. What's crazy is that this is considered an extreme opinion nowadays.

Thank you for making it to the ignore list so fast and without much drama.

4 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

Theres two groups of people who side with Israel:

1. People who believe that evicting people from their homes was justified b/c the torah made them a religious promise

2. People who just woke up and discovered this conflict this past weekend with absolutely zero understanding of why 2 million+ Palestinians are living in exile

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Playoff Beered said:

I have seen some flyers that were posted earlier, maybe I seen it on reddit, not sure if it's real so who knows.

There is not much I trust these days.

There is the British series, The Capture.

While it is fiction it details how video footage can be manipulated.

You literally can't trust your own eyes these days.