Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

13 hours ago, Super19 said:

@RomanPer

"Today we are celebrating my dad @DrGaborMate's 80th birthday. He was born in Budapest on January 6th 1944, two months before Nazi Germany occupied Hungary.

He was able to escape the Jewish ghetto after his mother, Judy, gave him to a stranger on the street, who agreed to take him to cousins in a safer area.

Staying in a cold, overcrowded flat, they kept him warm by sleeping on each side of him. After reuniting with his parents, who managed to survive, they fled to Canada along with his brother Janos in 1956. Living in Vancouver, he became a student activist, writer, high school teacher, doctor, healer, and renowned author.

He and my mom Rae taught me and brother Daniel and sister Hannah from an early age to be uncompromising about the truth, both the personal and political, and to stand up for the oppressed, especially the Palestinians occupied in our name.

On his 80th birthday, I honor his life and all that he has given to me and to the world.

And my wish is that today's modern-day Jewish ghettos — the Gaza death camp and occupied West Bank — will be liberated from today's modern-day Nazis, the Israeli government, so that every Palestinian can have the same freedom to follow their life path that my dad has been fortunate to have."

Hell of a story to tell.  Having what is direct first hand experience event at that age is crazy.  Also, to be raised next to people who directly suffered that is not something many can claim to have witnessed especially here.

Id like to read up on this for sure if there's anything written.

12 hours ago, RomanPer said:

And what makes his voice more significant than mine, exactly?

What makes you think your voice has significance in comparison?  This individual has a survivors story from "that era"

You're a poster on a hockey forum who seems to want to argue about that.

Weird hill to fight on.

Edited by Warhippy
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Super19 said:

No he isn't. He does not fight with the militants and he is not any spokesman for Hamas. He's a journalist with al-Jazeera.

Do you call him Hamas simply because he resists and condemns this Israeli siege? 

He sounds like Hamas in the article you linked. 
“For Hamza and all the martyrs we will honour the vow, we will continue on the same road, we watered the land with our blood but we will not stop, we might feel pain, we might suffer & nothing is more painful than losing your oldest son the soul of your soul.

- We are saturated with humanity, and our enemy is saturated with death and grudge, what moves us is humanity, and what moves our enemies is hatred.” "

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

“For Hamza and all the martyrs we will honour the vow, we will continue on the same road, we watered the land with our blood but we will not stop, we might feel pain, we might suffer & nothing is more painful than losing your oldest son the soul of your soul.

- We are saturated with humanity, and our enemy is saturated with death and grudge, what moves us is humanity, and what moves our enemies is hatred.” "

Even Anothiny fucking Blinken isn't outwardly displaying such a brainwashed view you seem to have.

Wael Dahdouh words today as he mourns essentially the genocide of his entire family are true:

"We are saturated with humanity, and our enemy is saturated with death and grudge, what moves us is humanity, and what moves our enemies is hatred.” "

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Hell of a story to tell.  Having what is direct first hand experience event at that age is crazy.  Also, to be raised next to people who directly suffered that is not something many can claim to have witnessed especially here.

Id like to read up on this for sure if there's anything written.

What makes you think your voice has significance in comparison?  This individual has a survivors story from "that era"

You're a poster on a hockey forum who seems to want to argue about that.

Weird hill to fight on.

Let me see - my grandmother on my mother side was one of 10 siblings and was lucky to leave Ukraine one year before the war. 5 of her siblings with their families, along with both her parents were killed by the nazis and buried in a mass grave in Monastyrische, Ukraine. My father was 10 years old when the war started. His mother was able to leave Monastyrische (yes, both sides of my family are from the same shtetl in Ukraine) with my father, his 14 y/o brother and a 2 y/o baby, who died from malnutrition in Tajikistan. I grew up hearing all the same stories the guy in question did. Every year, on May 29th, I would travel to Monastyrische to attend the mass grave on the day of the massacre. So, please, tell me again how my opinion is less significant than some journalist from New York.

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 months in and now the escalations are rising. First the Houthis, and now Hezbollah. Meanwhile South Africa has their case for the ICJ ready to go.

@Optimist Prime posted yet another update from the IDF today, to track their progress. But I swear I've heard the same story a few times before, "that the Northern part of Gaza strip is secure". 3rd times the charm?

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

man there's a lot of stuff to unpack in that guys statement. What stands out to me is the guy loses his family, and still thinks the path he's been on and promoting is the correct one. What chance is there of reaching a permanent peaceful resolution with someone with this mindset?

Edited by Bob Long
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

Let me see - my grandmother on my mother side was one of 10 siblings and was lucky to leave Ukraine one year before the war. 5 of her siblings with their families, along with both her parents were killed by the nazis and buried in a mass grave in Monastyrische, Ukraine. My father was 10 years old when the war started. His mother was able to leave Monastyrische (yes, both sides of my family are from the same shtetl in Ukraine) with my father, his 14 y/o brother and a 2 y/o baby, who died from malnutrition in Tajikistan. I grew up hearing all the same stories the guy in question did. Every year, on May 29th, I would travel to Monastyrische to attend the mass grave on the day of the massacre. So, please, tell me again how my opinion is less significant than some journalist from New York.

K.

And?

You're no more a voice worth listening to than that individual.  Sorry mate.  Your opinion is just that and has as much weight as the individual you seem slighted by.

I recall your dismissive nature about my commenting a comparison growing up in our FN reservation system and am not impressed by your opinion 

If this offends you.  I'm not exactly sorry because it would be very telling on your behalf.

Good day

Edited by Warhippy

You’ve been out for a while, yet you keep coming back. Weird.

Some times certain things need to be highlighted and addressed.

It's very telling how outraged some are when that happens 

Carry on

You’ve been out for a while, yet you keep coming back. Weird.

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

K.

And?

You're no more a voice worth listening to than that individual.  Sorry mate.  Your opinion is just that and has as much weight as the individual you seem slighted by.

If this offends you.  I'm not exactly sorry because it would be very telling 

Fellas, you’re both respected Members by the majority of Members on this site. 

Keep your interactions between yourselves equally as respectful. 

Cheers, to you both. 

• Like 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

Some times certain things need to be highlighted and addressed.

It's very telling how outraged some are when that happens 

Carry on

Indeed. 

Let’s discuss those highlighted things in a way that points out the reasoning and then respect any push back, if there are any. 

Kosher? 

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Indeed. 

Let’s discuss those highlighted things in a way that points out the reasoning and then respect any push back, if there are any. 

Kosher? 

Merely asking a question that was not well received.  

I'll be going silent again.  

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Fellas, you’re both respected Members by the majority of Members on this site. 

Keep your interactions between yourselves equally as respectful. 

Cheers, to you both. 

Will do.

Respect given and all.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Super19 said:

Even Anothiny fucking Blinken isn't outwardly displaying such a brainwashed view you seem to have.

Wael Dahdouh words today as he mourns essentially the genocide of his entire family are true:

"We are saturated with humanity, and our enemy is saturated with death and grudge, what moves us is humanity, and what moves our enemies is hatred.” "

Neither do I swear at, nor insult you. I stated what IMHAO your linked article suggests about the reporter in question. His words (not mine) represent a person who is Hamas. 

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Merely asking a question that was not well received.  

I'll be going silent again.  

Will do.

Respect given and all.

Silencing yourself isn’t warranted, desired by most of us, nor required. 

Be you Hip. Do you. 

I appreciate you and always have over the years/decades. 

You’re a passionate person and that passion for calling a spade a  ♠️ is always a net benefit here. 

Carry on bud. 

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Silencing yourself isn’t warranted, desired by most of us, nor required. 

Be you Hip. Do you. 

I appreciate you and always have over the years/decades. 

You’re a passionate person and that passion for calling a spade a  ♠️ is always a net benefit here. 

Carry on bud. 

Hanging on by a thread here due to what I perceive as potential over moderation and personal bias by some individuals within this thread, and I'd rather just lurk as much as possible as I can not shut my mouth when seeing hypocrisy.

Knowing my tendencies the next one is permanent so staying quiet is safer.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Hanging on by a thread here due to what I perceive as potential over moderation and personal bias by some individuals within this thread, and I'd rather just lurk as much as possible as I can not shut my mouth when seeing hypocrisy.

Knowing my tendencies the next one is permanent so staying quiet is safer.

You’re good. No worries. Stay respectful to others and you’ll maintain your respect. 

37 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

K.

And?

I recall your dismissive nature about my commenting a comparison growing up in our FN reservation system and am not impressed by your opinion 

If this offends you.  I'm not exactly sorry because it would be very telling on your behalf.

Good day

I never said one word about FN reservation system, for one simple reason - I have no knowledge to have an opinion. You must be mixing me up with someone else.

38 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

K.

And?

Good day

If you read my original reply - that was actually exactly my point - that the opinion of a journalist from New York is no different than mine, because practically every Jew has been affected by Holocaust.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

I never said one word about FN reservation system, for one simple reason - I have no knowledge to have an opinion. You must be mixing me up with someone else.

There may have been a misunderstanding. 

I know you Roman, and I know WH. 

I believe this is a case of misjudgment. 

Ignore this. Let it go. 

Carry on bud. 

7 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

Very Hamas, but with a nifty little blue flak jacket that says "PRESS" on it. That makes him a legit reporter, do try and keep up to Hamas bullshit, or you will fall behind on your studies. lol. 

7 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

I think he is Hamas, specifically, because he talks like he is a member of hamas, and I can quote what was quoted directly: "This is our destiny , our choice in this land and we must accept it, whatever it is, as we continue"

Continue killing jews is what he is saying, and the destiny of losing loved ones due to the choice to continue trying to eradicate Israel as an entity. It is there in black and white if you care to not just read but comprehend, folks. 

I mean, the people of Gaza are not good at lying. They say what they mean and mean what they say: from teh river to the sea, palestine will be free literally means they want to wipe Israel off the map. it is plain as the nose on your face. Bad choice of words there, but a little funny, he fully supports Hamas and has said so even in his grief. They say the quiet part out loud all the time, mostly because Muslims generally are not good liars, along with generally not being thieves. I think this is a good trait for humanity, but it does also make it easy to understand what their intentions are. 

What a load of absolute shit. The spinning of words here is crazy. Somehow, you took the reporters quote as some sort of Hamas supporting rhetoric.

Edited by Sharpshooter
Unnecessary last comment.