Soon to be parking lots for American tourists

And fascist cops, yeah 

Some good Winnipeg boys 

@Optimist Prime 

Check out that song 

Haillie Selassie up your Ass

I think it's right up your alley 

"

“Leve Palestina” is a song that has been interpreted by various artists, including Kofia and Medina. The lyrics of the song are in Swedish and have been translated into English. The song expresses solidarity with the people of Palestine and criticizes Zionism.

The exact lyrics can vary depending on the version of the song, but a recurring theme across versions is empathy for the struggles faced by the people of Palestine. For instance, one version of the lyrics includes statements like “As you wage your wars, think of others. Do not forget those who fight for peace. As you pay your water bill, think of others, those who are nursed by clouds.”"

https://www.trtworld.com/magazine/how-a-swedish-song-from-the-70s-became-a-new-palestinian-anthem-16110940

• Huggy Bear 1

25 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Some good Winnipeg boys 

There is an ooooolllllddddd Jewish community in Winnipeg.

My dad used to take me to an old Ukrainian bookstore on North Main in the 70's.  And Oskars Deli which had been there since after WWI.  It was gone last time I was back home.  But I managed to buy some buckwheat honey & Knishes at Gunns Bakeries on Selkirk ave in May.   

Boy the area looked rough!  But I don't know this band.

I left in 1990.

• Huggy Bear 1

8 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

There is an ooooolllllddddd Jewish community in Winnipeg.

My dad used to take me to an old Ukrainian bookstore on North Main in the 70's.  And Oskars Deli which had been there since after WWI.  It was gone last time I was back home.  But I managed to buy some buckwheat honey & Knishes at Gunns Bakeries on Selkirk ave in May.   

Boy the area looked rough!  But I don't know this band.

I left in 1990.

Propaghandi 

Pro Feminist

Anti Fascist 

Gay Positive

Animal Friendly 

Lots of Fantastic albums and songs 

Standouts are 

How to Clean Everything

Victory Lap, written after Trump won the election

I believe you will like many of their songs however this cover of a cheap trick classic reasononates with most people 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

8 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

But near enough to 100% so as to be sheer madness to try.

And yet people have tried fighting

And people will continue to try and fight.

Because when people have nothing left to lose, they lose it.

I doubt I see an end to this conflict, before I die.

Rinse, lather, repeat.

Edited by Gurn
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Propaghandi 

Pro Feminist

Anti Fascist 

Gay Positive

Animal Friendly 

Lots of Fantastic albums and songs 

Standouts are 

How to Clean Everything

Victory Lap, written after Trump won the election

I believe you will like many of their songs however this cover of a cheap trick classic reasononates with most people 

My fav band!  
Brilliant lyric and incredible musicianship meets anger and disgust for the world.  

• Huggy Bear 1

I well and true know that if Hamas did this, the actions in this video would be called out for what it is: unhinged psychopaths, blood crazed hysteria, actions beyond moral comprehension. This is the IDF. The saviors of Palestinians and the free democratic world? This is who Palestinians are expected to co-exist with. 

There's also perhaps unintended irony with the dinosaur costume and wanting to extinct a state.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Super19 said:

I well and true know that if Hamas did this, the actions in this video would be called out for what it is: unhinged psychopaths, blood crazed hysteria, actions beyond moral comprehension. This is the IDF. The saviors of Palestinians and the free democratic world? This is who Palestinians are expected to co-exist with. 

There's also perhaps unintended irony with the dinosaur costume and wanting to extinct a state.

How do we know this is a IDF soldier?

Also, this video is really stupid.

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

One man's militia, another man's terrorist.

And while their fellow Jews were victims of one of the worst slaughters in history, the Lehi, a extreme Jewish Terrorist group in Palestine, were trying to make deals with the Nazis 

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-06-21/ty-article-magazine/.highlight/zionist-military-org-efforts-to-recruit-nazis-in-fight-against-the-british-are-revealed/00000188-d93a-d5fc-ab9d-db7ae0ea0000

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20230622-israels-state-archive-exposes-zionist-efforts-to-enlist-nazis-against-britain/ 

On 1/16/2024 at 9:23 PM, Super19 said:

What'd you think?

The problem I had watching it is that I know that it's a fictional story and I haven't paid proper attention to the minutia in the Middle East enough in the last 15-20 years ago to figure out how much bias is in the story, if any. 

I'm the wrong target audience for that movie.  I just don't have the proper understanding of people's everyday lives in that region.

Edited by Sabrefan1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

And while their fellow Jews were victims of one of the worst slaughters in history, the Lehi, a extreme Jewish Terrorist group in Palestine, were trying to make deals with the Nazis 

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-06-21/ty-article-magazine/.highlight/zionist-military-org-efforts-to-recruit-nazis-in-fight-against-the-british-are-revealed/00000188-d93a-d5fc-ab9d-db7ae0ea0000

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20230622-israels-state-archive-exposes-zionist-efforts-to-enlist-nazis-against-britain/ 

This is also part of the logic, to this day, regarding why Putin is Nazi hunting in Ukraine!  🤐

Edited by Canuck Surfer

On 1/19/2024 at 4:21 PM, Ilunga said:

Didn't you read my post where I manned up and  admitted I was wrong about the Philistines.

And you keep making BS statements.

Where in any of my posts have I stated that the Jews have no history in Isreal ? 

I posted last night the Solomon built the first temple in 957 BC.

Solomon was, at that time the king of the Jews was he not ? 

So apart from other posts about the history of the place that is called Isreal, the occupied territories and Gaz now , that post illustrates me pointing out that there has been a Jewish presence in that area since then. 

Are you going to man up and have the courage to admit you were wrong in accusing me " mental gymnastics"  to create evidence that the Jews have no history in Isreal ?

The fact you are basing your opinion on totally fabricated history and then claiming to be some rational party is just straight up baffling. Didn't you also claim to be the master of discerning which sources should be trusted and not? 

Admitting that the Palestinians are not descended from Philistines should change your view on the matter, but I'm guessing it doesn't. You've just exposed yourself as totally biased.

Edited by Taxi

2 hours ago, Ilunga said:

What's the point of this. So what if the Jews asked the Nazis to free the Jews and move them Israel? That seems like a reasonable attempt 

You do realize that the Jews fought with Britain. Look up the Jewish brigade. Meanwhile, the Arabs didn't just try to make a deal with the Nazis:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/full-official-record-what-the-mufti-said-to-hitler/

7 minutes ago, Taxi said:

What's the point of this. So what if the Jews asked the Nazis to free the Jews and move them Israel? That seems like a reasonable attempt 

You do realize that the Jews fought with Britain. Look up the Jewish brigade. Meanwhile, the Arabs didn't just try to make a deal with the Nazis:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/full-official-record-what-the-mufti-said-to-hitler/

Dredging up all this history just muddies the waters in terms of discussing the current conflict, imo. The more we discuss what happened 70, 89, even 100s of years ago the less focus there is on what to do about how to handle Iran right now, e.g.

3 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

And now they do what I told ya!    

(I claim double jeopardy BTW)

Hide contents

F' you I won't do what u told me...

on my playlists for, well forever. love this song, and will to the day i snuff it.

3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Dredging up all this history just muddies the waters in terms of discussing the current conflict, imo. The more we discuss what happened 70, 89, even 100s of years ago the less focus there is on what to do about how to handle Iran right now, e.g.

Some history is relevant.  Primarily because most of the case that Palestine is 'theirs' is based on the 750,000 that were displaced when Israel was formed in 1948.

If not most of the case, certainly quoted most often... 

In a current day form, Palestinian kids are brought up educated that the land was theirs.  Reality is the that until the Ottoman Empire fell at the end of WWI. The Palestinians who were there did not have rights of religion, or to own land.  The population doubled between war for a variety of reasons between wars. Even though most of the Ottomans went home. Then doubled again during WWII as a full 40,000,000 people were displaced. The reality then is that most, Jewish nor Palestinian were not long term residents. Virtually none long term land owners. Even then, that was 'British Palestine,' from which 3/4's of Palestinians dispersed primarily in to What became the Kingdom of Jordan in a similar deal in 1947.  Others to Lebanon, Syria, places like Sinai & Gaza which became (at first in Gaza's case) Egyptian, Iraq. All had their borders re-drawn. 

The reality is the areas inhabitants were scattered, then zealously re-populated by Jews, often Zionists, who bought land and Arabs. Jews also had settlements, including the majority population & land ownership in Jerusalem. Suffered Pogroms & abuse at the hands of Arabs as a minority overall in the area. They did need their own state to survive, as do Gazans now. 

But?

Germans cannot go back to Prussia (Kaliningrad). Eastern Europe & the Caucasus are forever re-divided. 40,000,000 people were displaced in this era.  Perhaps a case for a historical loss to actual land owners?  I don't think we can re-draw those 80 year old borders. Its hard to tell why other Arab groups successfully negotiated states & borders. Why 'these' Palestinians did not want to be part of, or were not wanted by, the majority Palestinians who became Jordanian.  

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Some history is relevant.  Primarily because most of the case that Palestine is 'theirs' is based on the 750,000 that were displaced when Israel was formed in 1948.

If not most of the case, certainly quoted most often... 

In a current day form, Palestinian kids are brought up educated that the land was theirs.  Reality is the that until the Ottoman Empire fell at the end of WWI. The Palestinians who were there did not have rights of religion, or to own land.  The population doubled between war for a variety of reasons between wars. Even though most of the Ottomans went home. Then doubled again during WWII as a full 40,000,000 people were displaced. The reality then is that most, Jewish nor Palestinian were not long term residents. Virtually none long term land owners. Even then, that was 'British Palestine,' from which 3/4's of Palestinians dispersed primarily in to What became the Kingdom of Jordan in a similar deal in 1947.  Others to Lebanon, Syria, places like Sinai & Gaza which became (at first in Gaza's case) Egyptian, Iraq. All had their borders re-drawn. 

The reality is the areas inhabitants were scattered, then zealously re-populated by Jews, often Zionists, who bought land and Arabs. Jews also had settlements, including the majority population & land ownership in Jerusalem. Suffered Pogroms & abuse at the hands of Arabs as a minority overall in the area. They did need their own state to survive, as do Gazans now. 

But?

Germans cannot go back to Prussia (Kaliningrad). Eastern Europe & the Caucasus are forever re-divided. 40,000,000 people were displaced in this era.  Perhaps a case for a historical loss to actual land owners?  I don't think we can re-draw those 80 year old borders. Its hard to tell why other Arab groups successfully negotiated states & borders. Why 'these' Palestinians did not want to be part of, or were not wanted by, the majority Palestinians who became Jordanian.  

So thats the thing about history, you can't go back and change it no matter how many people chant about colonialism. It's also always open to interpretation. I'm sure there are many Gazan people who love the idea of owning all of Israel. Or vice versa. But so much of it is just useless distraction imo. People today fighting and killing each other over things that happened before they were born is dumb.

What can we do right now to improve things? Who, today, is causing the most harm? To me it's clearly the Iranian leadership who are intent on keeping the hate going all over the ME.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1