Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

8 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

Because finding it easy enough to throw "Wagner" out there is dangerous. And even more so when you clearly don't have historical knowledge of the conflict. 

This new generation thinks that researching conflicts via TikTok educates them well enough to form opinions.

Are you saying this about @RomanPer?

Just now, Guntrix said:

Of course, but the kid has me on ignore.

RomanPer is probably very emotional right now as he is very close to the situation. He went on a ignore binge today putting people on ignore if he disagreed with them.

I'll cut him some slack.

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

The best argument against the “apartheid” nonsense…

No it doesn't. 

A few Muslim Isrealis heading off to battle refutes what so many other people/ organisations both within Isreal and outside of it state, that Isreal practices arpartheid on the Palestinian people. This has to be taken seriously. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

The best argument against the “apartheid” nonsense…

Right so can you explain then why there are streets in Hebron where Palestinians are not allowed to pass, but Israeli settlers are allowed?

How about the fact that anyone with Jewish heritage can get citizenship and move to Haifa, but if your Palestinian grandparent fled his home in Haifa when his neighbors were executed, hes not allowed to return?

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, eeeeeeeeergh said:

Right so can you explain then why there are streets in Hebron where Palestinians are not allowed to pass, but Israeli settlers are allowed?

How about the fact that anyone with Jewish heritage can get citizenship and move to Haifa, but if your Palestinian grandparent fled his home in Haifa when his neighbors were executed, hes not allowed to return?

By that logic, Mexicans should be free to come live in Texas. 

3 minutes ago, 24K said:

RomanPer is probably very emotional right now as he is very close to the situation. He went on a ignore binge today putting people on ignore if he disagreed with them.

I'll cut him some slack.

I respect that hes engaging and not using ad-hominem attacks, even if I fundamentally oppose basically everyting he stands for on this issue. 

4 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

Of course, but the kid has me on ignore.

Roman is not a kid.

I struggle with this idea however both his homelands are being invaded right now.

He has ties to Ukraine as well. 

He has family in both places. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

You are completely 100% wrong with your assessment.

I'd ask you to specify which part but I've noticed few people are here to debate. 

4 minutes ago, Darius said:

Its kinda funny how he talks about the new tik tok generation not doing their research yet he makes a major assumption about a poster who is from Israel and is in his 50s.

You'd have to wonder why someone from Israel would disagree with such an assessment. I didn't know he's from Israel so I'll stop it there but that doesn't mean I agree with what Israel's been doing to Palestine for the greater part of the century. 

Edited by Guntrix

Just now, King Heffy said:

Sorry what are you talking about?

I'm talking about Hebron, a city in the West Bank (PALESTINE) where PALESTINIANS are not allowed to walk, but if you have an Israeli Passport you can. NOT a city in Israel. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, eeeeeeeeergh said:

There is also the matter of the Ethiopian Jews. Isn't Israel supposed to be a homeland for all Jews? The treatment of the Ethiopian Jews has been shabby at best.

If I am mistaken someone feel free to correct. I'm no expert on this subject.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

You betcha.

Like face it, the US wouldn't be losing much.

And Hawaii should be given back to the Hawaiians.

Blatant land grabs.

There is more talk about invading Mexico  

https://www.vox.com/politics/2023/4/21/23686510/mexico-invade-bomb-trump-republicans-cartels

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

To see what is happening to his homeland followed by this in another country he can call home, with friends and family in harms way?  I'll cut him a whole lot of slack.

Again, imagine if we all called Terra our homeland ? 

Was once told the world was my oyster, I learnt that it was my home.

16 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

As I have always stated, I never make it personal and I don't get why people do.

Never had a warning point, never reported anyone.

Never used a negative emoji. 

On the old forum one of my last posts was to apologise to anyone I had offended.

Same.  We must be brothers from another mother...

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

There is also the matter of the Ethiopian Jews. Isn't Israel supposed to be a homeland for all Jews? The treatment of the Ethiopian Jews has been shabby at best.

If I am mistaken someone feel free to correct. I'm no expert on this subject.

Sorry, what are you talking about? Have you heard of operation Solomon that airlifted Ethiopian Jews to Israel in 1991? Is everything ok within Israel between different waves of immigration? No. There are issues between Moroccan Jews and former Soviet Jews, for example. But these are internal issues within Israel and more importantly - these are not systematic but rather between insecure people with different backgrounds. This exists in every society. What “shabby” treatment are you talking about?

Edited by RomanPer