Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I know this looks like 9/11 all over again. Who is this US representative that is saying it? Michael McCall or something

Who knows if he's getting the full truth himself, even as a congressman. 

I've been seeing the same crap that made me stop paying close attention to the Middle East a decade ago.  You get more than one side of a story and they often conflict.  Even regular people putting out lies left and right and that snowballs into more people repeating those lies.  I got suckered the other day. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We all knew this was coming. This is their Jihad. Their sole objective is to eliminate all the Jews from the earth and cause as much damage as possible. Typical terrorists who hide behind their own people and use them as human shields. They don’t even wear uniforms because they like to strike from behind when nobody is watching. Just like the bully in school. Only way to deal with these scum is to eradicate them from the earth. 

Melanie Joly just stated Canadians condemn Hamas, but says she knows this is not the Palestinian people. I haven't heard any condemnation from those people so far, just the cheering of debauched depravity in their streets. Revenge can always be rationalized, but perversion cannot.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Calamity K said:

Melanie Joly just stated Canadians condemn Hamas, but says she knows this is not the Palestinian people. I haven't heard any condemnation from those people so far, just the cheering of debauched depravity in their streets. Revenge can always be rationalized, but perversion cannot.

I didn't see this response, but if this is accurate I would say that's the response to go with. Hamas is a trash terrorist group, but the Palestinian people have suffered for decades. Unfortunately, they'll be used as pawns.

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I didn't see this response, but if this is accurate I would say that's the response to go with. Hamas is a trash terrorist group, but the Palestinian people have suffered for decades. Unfortunately, they'll be used as pawns.

I believe these Palestinians need a new home now. I guess Canada will be a logical destination.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Calamity K said:

I believe these Palestinians need a new home now. I guess Canada will be a logical destination.

Given the cost of living in this country and how ass backwards our finances are Palestinians can't afford Canada and sadly we can't afford them unfortunately. I think moving forward we'll see mass immigration from India and China as they have money. I was just speaking with an immigrant last week and I asked him about Canada and he said holy Is it ever expensive!

Edited by Ryan Strome

34 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Given the cost of living in this country and how ass backwards our finances are Palestinians can't afford Canada and sadly we can't afford them unfortunately. I think moving forward we'll see mass immigration from India and China as they have money. I was just speaking with an immigrant last week and I asked him about Canada and he said holy Is it ever expensive!

I am friends with many Indian people here in B.C. and the students or worker bees if you will are still coming here in droves but they are dumbfounded as to what is going on. Work day and night to afford a limited living space, no social life and no disposable income. They are finding out real fast that Canada is not all it was thought to be. Hearing this is disappointing but not wrong.

There is a bigger shift now of Indian people immigrating to Australia and New Zealand instead of Canada because of the expense alone.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I am friends with many Indian people here in B.C. and the students or worker bees if you will are still coming here in droves but they are dumbfounded as to what is going on. Work day and night to afford a limited living space, no social life and no disposable income. They are finding out real fast that Canada is not all it was thought to be. Hearing this is disappointing but not wrong.

There is a bigger shift now of Indian people immigrating to Australia and New Zealand instead of Canada because of the expense alone.

How about all those US citizens that moved there after the presidential election in 2016?  Oh wait.....  😂🤣

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Calamity K said:

Wasn't any different on 9/11. Dancing in the streets across the ME. 

9 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Wasn't any different on 9/11. Dancing in the streets across the ME. 

I'm sure the "death to America" chants were abundant the other day as well. 

They're cheering on the wrong people.  Our own politicians are doing their level best, every day, year after year, to make their dream come true.

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I'm sure the "death to America" chants were abundant the other day as well. 

They're cheering on the wrong people.  Our own politicians are doing their level best, every day, year after year, to make their dream come true.

Your politicians will be spending more on other countries militaries than your own if this thing spirals out of control. Ukraine, Israel, Tawain..

Edited by Ryan Strome

25 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Your politicians will be spending more on other countries militaries than your own if this thing spirals out of control. Ukraine, Israel, Tawain..

There are very few better ways to kill an empire than to bankrupt it. 

We've even started to decommission and are making ready to sell our state of the art mostly new littoral combat ships because of the overruns in cost, yet we have 10's of billions to give to other countries who are as likely to steal a good portion of it as they are to spend it on weapons.

Edited by Sabrefan1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

There are very few better ways to kill an empire than to bankrupt it. 

We've even started to decommission and making ready to sell our state of the art mostly new littoral combat ships because of the overruns in cost, yet we have 10's of billions to give to other countries who are as likely to steal a good portion of it as they are to spend it on weapons.

Yeah it's pretty crazy to be perfectly honest. With the looming threat coming from China, I'm absolutely puzzled what American lawmakers are thinking right now and why American generals are not sounding the alarm.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Yeah it's pretty crazy to be perfectly honest. With the looming threat coming from China, I'm absolutely puzzled what American lawmakers are thinking right now and why American generals are not sounding the alarm.

They do.  Problem is, they'll spend even more money and start making newer ships at some point.  That's how congresspeople get re-elected.  They crow about bringing military jobs to their states.  It's one of the many reasons why we spend so much more than other countries on our equipment.  Divvy up the parts to build and maintain these ships to 20 different states and it increases the time and needed cash to create these ships and weapons.

Ok.  Let's stop hijacking the thread and let's let it get back to the regularly scheduled program... lol

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We all knew this was coming. This is their Jihad. Their sole objective is to eliminate all the Jews from the earth and cause as much damage as possible. Typical terrorists who hide behind their own people and use them as human shields. They don’t even wear uniforms because they like to strike from behind when nobody is watching. Just like the bully in school. Only way to deal with these scum is to eradicate them from the earth. 

Violence / murder will not solve this conflict 

it is a simplistic solution that already has been used and failed over the last 75 years

put on your thinking cap and look for real solutions 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Provost said:

This particular source is just the numbers since 2008 and excludes the current numbers.  You can go look and find other versions.  The wiki link you included is pretty random and thin and even notes it does not include “unnecessary deaths”.  In a hot topic like this, wiki entries that can be edited by random individuals is less than useless.

It notes that it excludes any deaths on the Palestinian side that weren’t verified by at least two independent sources (but includes unverified Israeli deaths that have been reported in media).  It recognizes that it undercounts due to the stringent verification.  It also excludes the deaths that result from lack of access to medicine like now when hospitals have been bombed and electricity, water, and medicine has been blockaded.  Those are indirect deaths.

Note the numbers of women and children is significant.

https://www.ochaopt.org/data/casualties

I am coming from a place where I was in some of the worst conflicts in recent history as a soldier from

the 80’s-2000’s.  I have a pretty good sense on how awful both sides of these things are, and how different things look on the ground compared with how our media has to pick a good guy and a bad guy to make it simple and easy for the public to understand. 

I suspect that if we asked everyone in this conversation who has ever had to pile up bodies of kids macheted to death just to clear a road after ethnic cleansing,  and knows what that looks and smells like.  I am probably the only one that has to raise their hand. You folks have the privilege to be able to intellectualize this through whatever filters and biases you have.

My condolences for having to have experienced such horror first hand. Thank you for your service.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 2