Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

8 hours ago, Super19 said:

This is a third party commentator commenting, not the IDF. I suggest you spend less time on Twitter.

You're also conveniently forgetting the attack on October 7 that initiated this round of violence. Psychopaths  lack the ability to see how their own actions affect others and what the potential consequences of their actions might be.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Taxi said:

This is a third party commentator commenting, not the IDF. I suggest you spend less time on Twitter.

You're also conveniently forgetting the attack on October 7 that initiated this round of violence. Psychopaths  lack the ability to see how their own actions affect others and what the potential consequences of their actions might be.

Half this thread is Sup spreading Hamas horse pucks. It's not going to end anytime soon.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Half this thread is Sup spreading Hamas horse pucks. It's not going to end anytime soon.

I'm really surprised that this terrorist propaganda is allowed to continue. After all, russian trolls in the other thread are dealt with pretty swiftly...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

I'm really surprised that this terrorist propaganda is allowed to continue. After all, russian trolls in the other thread are dealt with pretty swiftly...

my personal pov is because it aligns, in the abstract, with some left leaning feelings. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RomanPer said:

Israeli propaganda? Yeah a lot of people are surprised. That's why they're protesting all around the globe, even after nearly 5 months in.

8 minutes ago, Super19 said:

The people protesting around the world. You don't see them?

sure. I see lots of support for all the different stakeholders. 

I even see support for Hamas. You know the type, you post many tweets with people who are in their camp.

Edited by Bob Long
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Canada will air drop aid directly to the people of Gaza within a week's time. Likely thru Jordan, but details are still being worked out.

I was reading about the French and Jordanian airdrops. 

So has Egypt.

Great to see some humanitarian aid getting through to the Palestinians. 

Good on you guys for doing this.

I wish we could do something similar.

4 hours ago, Super19 said:

Israeli propaganda? Yeah a lot of people are surprised. That's why they're protesting all around the globe, even after nearly 5 months in.

Specifically for you - Israel is Canada's ally. Hamas is recognized as a terrorist organization by most countries in the world. The only exceptions are Iran, russia and North Korea. You are clearly keeping a good company.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

I was reading about the French and Jordanian airdrops. 

So has Egypt.

Great to see some humanitarian aid getting through to the Palestinians. 

Good on you guys for doing this.

I wish we could do something similar.

the video i watched on the off target drop was embarrassing: load masters are supposed to be aware of prevailling winds and the drop vector of anything they shove out a plane. Sad. The people had to swim a football field out in the Mediteranean to get some food, and then they fought for it when a dozen or so guys got it to shore they acted like they owned it. Swinging logs at the heads of other hungry men. In the end, I guess it will get eaten, which is the objective, but how much was heisted by Hamas we will never know. 

1 hour ago, Super19 said:

Another baloney. It reminds me of a good old Jewish joke. People in a synagogue electing a new head of synagogue. Everyone is sure that Rabinovich will win. Suddenly Itzhak stands up and says “We can’t vote for Rabinovich, his daughter is a whore”. Everyone starts shouting. Rabinovich stands up and says “How dare you say something like this? I don’t even have a daughter!” Itzhak - “I don’t care, my job is to say it, you guys decide what to do with this information”. 

There are so many “Itzhaks” these days on the internet, including around here…

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Another baloney. It reminds me of a good old Jewish joke. People in a synagogue electing a new head of synagogue. Everyone is sure that Rabinovich will win. Suddenly Itzhak stands up and says “We can’t vote for Rabinovich, his daughter is a whore”. Everyone starts shouting. Rabinovich stands up and says “How dare you say something like this? I don’t even have a daughter!” Itzhak - “I don’t care, my job is to say it, you guys decide what to do with this information”. 

There are so many “Itzhaks” these days on the internet, including around here…

Hilarious.

But are you denying that Israel shot and killed Palestinians trying to get food?

• Upvote 1

Hilarious.

But are you denying that Israel shot and killed Palestinians trying to get food?

It almost certainly sounds like Hamas started a fire fight in the area and/or people charging a nearby Israeli army position, and then the vast majority of the deaths were from people getting crushed by the aid trucks themselves:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68434443

In the ensuing chaos, the lorries attempted to move forward. A Palestinian witness told the BBC that most of those who died were run over.

The Palestinian witness said the bulk of the casualties were caused by the lorries running people over, not by the Israeli gunfire.

Edited by Taxi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Taxi said:

It almost certainly sounds like Hamas started a fire fight in the area and/or people charging a nearby Israeli army position, and then the vast majority of the deaths were from people getting crushed by the aid trucks themselves:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68434443

thats certainly in the Hamas playbook. 

Some Itzhaks said they saw dead babies hung on clotheslines, pregnant women cut open, beheaded babies, mass systematic rape, and many other things.

Itzhaks say a lot of things.

are you actually denying Oct 7th now? Usually people wait until after a war to start denying things associated with Jewish people. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

are you actually denying Oct 7th now? Usually people wait until after a war to start denying things associated with Jewish people. 

some people have been denying the events of Oct 7th, downplaying them and trying to make them look innocent enough. Those people then wonder why most folks think their posts are an absolute joke and not worth reading their posts or replying to them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Super19 said:

Some Itzhaks said they saw dead babies hung on clotheslines, pregnant women cut open, beheaded babies, mass systematic rape, and many other things.

Itzhaks say a lot of things.

So, let me explain one more thing to you - I am Jewish, I am allowed to post Jewish jokes. It’s the same as Black people using the “n” word. You, on the other hand, using “Itzhaks” in your post are treading on the edge of antisemitism. Well, based on your history, you are way past that edge.

Edited by RomanPer

49 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Unfortunately, this has been an ongoing theme. Pretty sickening to see so many left-wing people change their standard for believing the victims of rape, when the victims are Jewish/Israeli.

• Like 1