Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

7 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

They are made unrealistic by people who don't think like me then ? 

Like just about everybody else in this thread, apart from the usual suspects. 

And because I advocate for others to have what we take for granted, that makes me Utopian ?

And seriously I find nothing about this conflict, or any conflict to " lol " about. 

Do you think it's just religious fanatics that cause all the shit in the world.

Tell that to Xi Jinping, 

To Kim Jong Un

And while Putin panders to the Orthodox Russian people, do you actually believe he is religious ?

And the war in Ukraine is a religiously motivated war ?

As has been well documented, the Ukraine war is all about territory/land.

Just like most wars have been. 

Check the god thread for details on that subject. 

Anyway thanks for a polite, respectful dialogue.

What makes you utopian is you seem to genuinely believe there is a chance of everybody in the world coming together and living in harmony but reality says otherwise as you somewhat acknowledge. Nothing wrong with advocating for peace and for others to enjoy the rights we have and often take for granted, I can respect that. 

I threw in a “lol” to emphasize I am not taking this conversation overly serious, we are on a hockey forum not causing any real change in the world through this channel. At best a few minds will be enlightened with different perspectives that they wouldn't otherwise be exposed to. That is my biggest reason for scrolling these threads, I enjoy the various viewpoints. 
I separated religious fanatics and hate To recognize that there are a variety of origins of evil. Obviously all the wrong in this world isn't summed up by those two words im not writing an essay here, i usually dont post because I am always on my phone and hate this touch screen typing business. Alas i felt the need to throw in a few opinions after all this time creeping this thread.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Chicken. said:

What makes you utopian is you seem to genuinely believe there is a chance of everybody in the world coming together and living in harmony but reality says otherwise as you somewhat acknowledge. Nothing wrong with advocating for peace and for others to enjoy the rights we have and often take for granted, I can respect that. 

I threw in a “lol” to emphasize I am not taking this conversation overly serious, we are on a hockey forum not causing any real change in the world through this channel. At best a few minds will be enlightened with different perspectives that they wouldn't otherwise be exposed to. That is my biggest reason for scrolling these threads, I enjoy the various viewpoints. 
I separated religious fanatics and hate To recognize that there are a variety of origins of evil. Obviously all the wrong in this world isn't summed up by those two words im not writing an essay here, i usually dont post because I am always on my phone and hate this touch screen typing business. Alas i felt the need to throw in a few opinions after all this time creeping this thread.

I take freedom and justice very seriously.

Conversely I take injustice very seriously as well.

As I have mentioned several times on this and the old board,

my mother used to ask me, why do you take the weight of the world on your shoulders son ?

Why do you feel others pain so much ?

The only answer I have for this question is that this is the person I am. 

I have always felt this way.

Do I genuinely believe a " Utopian " world will ever exist in my or even my son's lifetime ?

No I do not.

Will I ever give up advocating for what I believe in ?

No I will not. 

All my posting is done on phone, I don't have another internet connection apart from my son's tablet.

Why alas that you have posted ?

You have treated me with respect and dignity.

You thoughts deserved to be heard equally as much as anyone else's. 

Why do you think this thread is close to four hundred pages ?

Why do you think this never ending conflict generates so much dialogue, protests and interest across our planet ?

Because one way or another, this conflict brings out emotions in so many people.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, testycal said:

Why label him a zionist...he could just be a ticked off Jew....there is a difference you know

I personally don’t consider “Zionist” to be a label. Vast majority of us are Zionists and we don’t give 2 shits about people like super making it sound like some sort of negative thing. The guy with the nail guy is simply an idiot and a criminal. He should go to jail. As for “ticked off Jew” - there’s one right here every time I read Hamas propaganda in this thread being posted without any consequence.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

I take freedom and justice very seriously.

Conversely I take injustice very seriously as well.

As I have mentioned several times on this and the old board,

my mother used to ask me, why do you take the weight of the world on your shoulders son ?

Why do you feel others pain so much ?

The only answer I have for this question is that this is the person I am. 

I have always felt this way.

Do I genuinely believe a " Utopian " world will ever exist in my or even my son's lifetime ?

No I do not.

Will I ever give up advocating for what I believe in ?

No I will not. 

All my posting is done on phone, I don't have another internet connection apart from my son's tablet.

Why alas that you have posted ?

You have treated me with respect and dignity.

You thoughts deserved to be heard equally as much as anyone else's. 

Why do you think this never ending conflict generates so much dialogue, protests and interest across our planet ?

Because one way or another, this conflict brings out emotions in so many people.

Most likely he doesn’t post a lot is because he seems to have a more conservative view of things.  So, I am certain he just wants to be a nice guy and not get into it with the usual suspects.  I respect that as some people come on this board simply to get information and join the occasional debate, which is their right.

I am sure he has enjoyed his interactions with you and he obviously felt comfortable debating you as he knew he wouldn’t be attacked and insulted. Like you said, he has treated you with respect and dignity and you did likewise with him…

• Huggy Bear 1
  • MillerTime 1

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

I personally don’t consider “Zionist” to be a label. Vast majority of us are Zionists and we don’t give 2 shits about people like super making it sound like some sort of negative thing. The guy with the nail guy is simply an idiot and a criminal. He should go to jail. As for “ticked off Jew” - there’s one right here every time I read Hamas propaganda in this thread being posted without any consequence.

So...What makes it "propaganda" and do you think people posting things as a counter point or differing point of view should be held to a different standard or what is ti you're saying here?

Edit**  keeping in mind we've seen people called anti semites for simply asking questions with no consequences so just trying to understand what it is you're saying here when you say "without any consequences"

Edited by Warhippy

"BREAKING: Prime Minister of Australia has been referred to the International Criminal Court as an accessory to Israel’s genocide in Gaza. 

Anthony Albanese becomes the first Western leader referred to the ICC over Gaza genocide accusations."

This is not as important as what the International Criminal Court found on Jan 26 to be a plausible case of genocide against Israel. And remember, it will likely take years before a verdict is made.

But things are becoming set in motion, that would reverberate through the Western World. Rishi Sunak, Biden, and even Trudeau could be under trial for being an accessory to genocide.

"Nentanyahu you can't hide, you're committing genocide!"

3 hours ago, RomanPer said:

I've seen many Jews at pro-Palestine protests all around the world that:

- are against the extreme Zionist leadership regime in the apartheid State of Israel

- support a free Palestinian state

- are against the crimes the IDF and Zionist Israeli regime is doing.

"Rabbi Yisroel Dovid Weiss explains the difference between Judaism and Zionism.

Judaism is not Zionism.

Judaism is a religion. 

Zionism is a nationalist political movement."

Btw, roman is the one that got mad at people who didn't believe Israeli lies. Guy is almost as Zionist as it gets. Anything that doesn't agree with official Israeli propoganda, deserves for roman to have "your face smeared in your own piss" (literally his words ITT). He also calls anyone who disagrees or questions something a terrorist and/or an antisemite - he's called me this many times. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Ilunga said:

"You watched "The Hunger Games" and sided with the resistance. 

You watched "Star Wars" and sided with the resistance. 

You watched "The Matrix" and sided with the resistance. 

You watched "Divergent" and sided with the resistance. 

You watched "V for Vendetta" and sided with the resistance. 

When it's fiction you understand. Yet you refuse to see it when it's the reality you're living in. 

Wild."

• Vintage 1

13 hours ago, Super19 said:

This thread criticizes the UN report.

I read the entire report (Mission_report_of_SRSG_SVC_to_Israel-oWB_29Jan_14_feb_2024.pdf (un.org)), and I believe the UN investigators did all due diligence in their findings. Including the non-highlighted part you have above that states: "Nevertheless, the mission team took every step, in line with UN methodology, to mitigate issues of source reliability before drawing conclusions within the scope of this report."

While I have my doubts of the UN as a peace-keeping (military) body, I have confidence in them as an investigative body and I find this report credible.

• ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, Super19 said:

"BREAKING: Prime Minister of Australia has been referred to the International Criminal Court as an accessory to Israel’s genocide in Gaza. 

Anthony Albanese becomes the first Western leader referred to the ICC over Gaza genocide accusations."

This is not as important as what the International Criminal Court found on Jan 26 to be a plausible case of genocide against Israel. And remember, it will likely take years before a verdict is made.

But things are becoming set in motion, that would reverberate through the Western World. Rishi Sunak, Biden, and even Trudeau could be under trial for being an accessory to genocide.

"Nentanyahu you can't hide, you're committing genocide!"

This is a joke. I could refer you to the ICC. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

You spend so much time on "Zionists" but never any time on being critical the leaders of Iran, Hamas, Yemen, etc. and continue to post the work of Hamas news outlets. Why is that?

IMHAO the type of extremism we see on a Vancouver based hockey chat site (in this thread)” expresses exactly why we have evil places with evil people in Iran, Gaza, Russia etc. Given the opportunity evil people will do vile things and then try to justify their evil by blaming others. It’s a sickness that is in our species. It’s here, on our site, but magnified a 1000 times in Hamas. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO the type of extremism we see on a Vancouver based hockey chat site (in this thread)” expresses exactly why we have evil places with evil people in Iran, Gaza, Russia etc. Given the opportunity evil people will do vile things and then try to justify their evil by blaming others. It’s a sickness that is in our species. It’s here, on our site, but magnified a 1000 times in Hamas. 

Its really something to see support for groups that would strip you of your democratic rights and relegate women back to the stone age. But hey river to sea is a fun chant. 

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

Its really something to see support for groups that would strip you of your democratic rights and relegate women back to the stone age. But hey river to sea is a fun chant. 

Yup. If Canada goes to war to defend our sovereignty I wonder what we see from certain folk? 

Just now, Alflives said:

Yup. If Canada goes to war to defend our sovereignty I wonder what we see from certain folk? 

Legitimate concern. When that Toronto protest organizer started talking about "alternatives" it made me wonder how far he'd go in Canada.

If the RCMP doesn't start putting more resources to controlling these protesters, we are just going to see an escalation of violence like that dummy with the nail gun. But maybe that's what people like him and our friend in here want? 

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Legitimate concern. When that Toronto protest organizer started talking about "alternatives" it made me wonder how far he'd go in Canada.

If the RCMP doesn't start putting more resources to controlling these protesters, we are just going to see an escalation of violence like that dummy with the nail gun. But maybe that's what people like him and our friend in here want? 

Not much doubt that disruption creates opportunities for some. I think the threat is starting to register across the country. This is not the Canada that I grew up in. So many immigrants came here to escape the conflicts in their own country. We can all probably remember immigrants with residual resentments for why they left but so many became valuable and contributing members of our society. Canadian citizenship is a gift and should never be taken for granted or discredited. What is going on across our country should shame those who utter threats and shame those who look the other way.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Not much doubt that disruption creates opportunities for some. I think the threat is starting to register across the country. This is not the Canada that I grew up in. So many immigrants came here to escape the conflicts in their own country. We can all probably remember immigrants with residual resentments for why they left but so many became valuable and contributing members of our society. Canadian citizenship is a gift and should never be taken for granted or discredited. What is going on across our country should shame those who utter threats and shame those who look the other way.

there's always part of a diaspora that feeds off their own. 

Hopefully after the embarrassment of having to shut down an event with Meloni, JT and the RCMP wake up a bit and realize these folks are going to try to escalate things. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Most likely he doesn’t post a lot is because he seems to have a more conservative view of things.  So, I am certain he just wants to be a nice guy and not get into it with the usual suspects.  I respect that as some people come on this board simply to get information and join the occasional debate, which is their right.

I am sure he has enjoyed his interactions with you and he obviously felt comfortable debating you as he knew he wouldn’t be attacked and insulted. Like you said, he has treated you with respect and dignity and you did likewise with him…

You're half right. Getting into it with the usual suspects in the liberal echo chamber is a pain especially the politics threads but if I was actually on a computer with a keyboard I would be more inclined 😁

My stupid work updated their firewall a bit ago though and CFF doesn't make the cut sadly.

Plus the state of politics and the economy genuinely frustrates me and I don’t like to spend too much time diving down that rabbit hole anymore. Respect to you for leading the conservative charge there 🫡

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, testycal said:

You seem to be pretty one sided and biased in your comments.

Yes settlers and IDF murder Palestinians for fun because they have successfully dehumanized them and think of them as pests and animals.  Members of the government regularly publicly propose simply depopulating the entire region of Palestinians through murder.

A cursory google comes up with a myriad of examples of Israelis murdering Palestinians as recreation, including very young children. In the links below I just selected a particularly fun sub genre of settlers purposefully running over little Palestinian kids.  That is not even addressing the larger known issue with illegal detentions, and extra judicial killings by the military and police.

Atrocities can’t be justified by some sort of pre-emptive security reasons. 

https://www.un.org/unispal/document/auto-insert-181574/#:~:text=Kindergarten student Inas Khalil%2C age,both rushed to the hospital.

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2017/8/27/palestinian-girl-dies-after-being-struck-by-settler-car

https://english.wafa.ps/Pages/Details/111592

https://imemc.org/article/israeli-settler-runs-over-critically-injures-a-palestinian-child-near-bethlehem/

https://english.wafa.ps/Pages/Details/112018

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

You're half right. Getting into it with the usual suspects in the liberal echo chamber is a pain especially the politics threads but if I was actually on a computer with a keyboard I would be more inclined 😁

My stupid work updated their firewall a bit ago though and CFF doesn't make the cut sadly.

Plus the state of politics and the economy genuinely frustrates me and I don’t like to spend too much time diving down that rabbit hole anymore. Respect to you for leading the conservative charge there 🫡

IMHAO the problems we see occurring now with the vile behaviour of protestors (like the nail gun guy and those who prevented our PM’s meeting) isn’t a political spectrum issue. It’s a concern about whether those behaving in such vile ways will put Canada first if they had to defend our nation in war? It’s looking like we are repeating the concerns of peoples’ loyalties from several periods in our history. We can’t exile these folk (if they are Canadians) so what do we do with them? If only these citizens would put Canada first. Sadly they do not. And we see that in this very thread. 

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO the problems we see occurring now with the vile behaviour of protestors (like the nail gun guy and those who prevented our PM’s meeting) isn’t a political spectrum issue. It’s a concern about whether those behaving in such vile ways will put Canada first if they had to defend our nation in war? It’s looking like we are repeating the concerns of peoples’ loyalties from several periods in our history. We can’t exile these folk (if they are Canadians) so what do we do with them? If only these citizens would put Canada first. Sadly they do not. And we see that in this very thread. 

Its unfortunate that so many people coming to Canada have no desire to assimilate to Canadian values. Make Canada Great Again? 😆

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Its unfortunate that so many people coming to Canada have no desire to assimilate to Canadian values.

I wonder if "Canadians of convenience" will be a debate that comes up again?

19 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Make Canada Great Again? 😆

Ouch, let's not go there.

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I wonder if "Canadians of convenience" will be a debate that comes up again?

Ouch, let's not go there.

In jest… Canada is already great. Lets keep it that way

• ThereItIs 2

10 hours ago, Warhippy said:

So...What makes it "propaganda" and do you think people posting things as a counter point or differing point of view should be held to a different standard or what is ti you're saying here?

Edit**  keeping in mind we've seen people called anti semites for simply asking questions with no consequences so just trying to understand what it is you're saying here when you say "without any consequences"

I never called you antisemite, get off your high horse.