Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

Just now, Bob Long said:

Pretty much. The thinking he's putting forward is going to guarantee more conflict. 

The denial stuff in the tweets is pretty horrible.

I hope not , they say these folks are being vetted. 

Maybe I am not totally fair but who is filling the streets with antisemitic vitriol that extends far beyond the current war in Gaza? This is a very detailed campaign. A baker who has had a Star of David in his shop window for 30 years is now being harassed at his shop and on social media. His case is being repeated across Canada. This isn’t what my father fought for in WW2. Canadians as a whole should be ashamed and outraged. As I said before the RCMP should be determining who these people are and non Canadians should be shipped out of the country. Those who are Canadian citizens should be charged with hate crimes or sedition. 

Palestinians should have their own country. I am not sure what the West Bank and Gaza are supposed to represent? Palestinians point to Israel as the cause of their plight yet the corruption of their leadership gets a pass. Billions $ stolen by these people. The world, led by the UN, likes to make the easy judgement but it is their failure that manifests in the current situation. Building a sovereign Palestinian state would take decades of work with an international force to maintain peace and establish good governance. Will that happen? Or do we get more of the red pins worn by Hollywood no minds at the Oscars? 

In all this it is supposed to be Israel who carries the risk and accepts the moral platitudes of the world.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Maybe I am not totally fair but who is filling the streets with antisemitic vitriol that extends far beyond the current war in Gaza? This is a very detailed campaign. A baker who has had a Star of David in his shop window for 30 years is now being harassed at his shop and on social media. His case is being repeated across Canada. This isn’t what my father fought for in WW2. Canadians as a whole should be ashamed and outraged. As I said before the RCMP should be determining who these people are and non Canadians should be shipped out of the country. Those who are Canadian citizens should be charged with hate crimes or sedition. 

agreed, the harassment we are seeing in Canada in the name of this conflict is BS

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Palestinians should have their own country. I am not sure what the West Bank and Gaza are supposed to represent? Palestinians point to Israel as the cause of their plight yet the corruption of their leadership gets a pass. Billions $ stolen by these people. The world, led by the UN, likes to make the easy judgement but it is their failure that manifests in the current situation. Building a sovereign Palestinian state would take decades of work with an international force to maintain peace and establish good governance. Will that happen? Or do we get more of the red pins worn by Hollywood no minds at the Oscars? 

In all this it is supposed to be Israel who carries the risk and accepts the moral platitudes of the world.

at some point, people in Gaza need to choose a peaceful leadership group. 

13 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Example, most Palestinians in Gaza are Sunni; yet Hamas make alliances with Houthis & Shia Iran, Shia Hezbollah.  Not Jordan, or S Arabia. Instead whomever sells them weapons. 

This part above was for you Bouds.  This has been the case since before the Balfour declaration. 

You have made note of the melting pot of wars in the Middle East which are primarily Sunni / Shia.  Hamas has partnered with less natural affiliations than Sunni brethren. The PLO before them, as @Ilunga mentioned once, was not a religiously specific organization.  Lack of alignment has never led to trust for their cause historically. 

22 hours ago, Boudrias said:

If Hamas was not conducting their own campaign for their organization’s survival then they would surrender or leave Gaza. Bottom line is that none of their neighbours want Hamas in their country. What does that say about Hamas. 

Hamas, or Palestinians, could actually attach themselves to their religion.  They are a sect of Sunni faith. That PLO leadership had multi faith affiliations. Including with Shia factions? Among curtain calls to raise resistance to them by Hamas. Also why PLO were kicked out of Jordan. In reality, on formation Hamas needed weapons to fight the PLO, went down the same path.  In the end, neither reflected their people, just how they could gain control against each other.    

With luck, a lot of it, there will be momentum to accept different cultures & faiths. The Middle East, instead, keeps bottling its cultures in to competing sects & faiths.  

To me its proof why Hamas has to go.  They tell their people its about their culture & religion.  Their alliances are with sworn enemies. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

This part above was for you Bouds.  This has been the case since before the Balfour declaration. 

You have made note of the melting pot of wars in the Middle East which are primarily Sunni / Shia.  Hamas has partnered with less natural affiliations than Sunni brethren. The PLO before them, as @Ilunga mentioned once, was not a religiously specific organization.  Lack of alignment has never led to trust for their cause historically. 

Hamas, or Palestinians, could actually attach themselves to their religion.  They are a sect of Sunni faith. That PLO leadership had multi faith affiliations. Including with Shia factions? Among curtain calls to raise resistance to them by Hamas. Also why PLO were kicked out of Jordan. In reality, on formation Hamas needed weapons to fight the PLO, went down the same path.  In the end, neither reflected their people, just how they could gain control against each other.    

With luck, a lot of it, there will be momentum to accept different cultures & faiths. The Middle East, instead, keeps bottling its cultures in to competing sects & faiths.  

To me its proof why Hamas has to go.  They tell their people its about their culture & religion.  Their alliances are with sworn enemies. 

Just to add a bit to the history of PLO - that organization was entirely created and financed by the KGB in Soviet Union. The hijacking of the planes as a terror strategy was developed on Lubyanka square in Moscow.

• Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Just to add a bit to the history of PLO - that organization was entirely created and financed by the KGB in Soviet Union. The hijacking of the planes as a terror strategy was developed on Lubyanka square in Moscow.

I'm aware.

Al Qaeda when a fleeting minority faction was backed by the CIA.  Meddling by Superpowers, often multiple resistance movements, a tactic to have a toe in the ground with whomever gains traction. Which does contribute to many of these movements getting going. It does not change that these are militant, not grass roots movements.  I firmly believe if momentum actually representing people, their faiths occurred? Palestinians would have their country.  Israel has offered, would not have opposed.

When the only source of flour for your shop is through a tunnel?  You pay a toll to whom controls it. The money goes to weapons & someone in Qatar.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RomanPer said:

I drove by that place in 1974. Dark, almost medieval. Knowing about some of what happened inside gave me a real creepy feeling. 

Edited by Boudrias

19 hours ago, Super19 said:

"An Al Jazeera investigation has found that some Israeli citizens who died in the October 7 attacks last year were almost certainly killed by the Israeli military. The Investigative Unit has conducted an exhaustive review of videos, photographs, witness testimony and other evidence from the day. It concluded that Israeli civilians - being held captive - were fired on by helicopter gunships attacking cars returning to Gaza. Al Jazeera Peter Charley reports."

Enough of this couched provoking. What did this add to the conversation?

Enough.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Enough of this couched provoking. What did this add to the conversation?

Enough.

No Sharpie, please, you've seen how I've been accussed all thread for the information I provide ITT. Accussed of antisemitism, terrorist supporter, propaganda... Now Al Jazeera has had time and info to report the very things I was hounded for, so I will post it.

Here's another:

By the way, just as an aside, you know this thread is lacking documentation of the ongoing crimes against Palestinians. This includes Palestinian testimonies of the crimes the IDF are committing against them. Further to that, there is video documentation of IDF crimes against Palestenians. 

You have posters in this thread supporting this IDF operation. You have posters in this thread denying the amount of Palestinians killed.

But I'm being hounded for saying NYT lied and spread propaganda in how they covered the Oct 7 rape stories - and for posting that IDF was responsible for killing an X amount of Israelis on Oct 7?

1 minute ago, Super19 said:

No Sharpie, please, you've seen how I've been accussed all thread for the information I provide ITT. Accussed of antisemitism, terrorist supporter, propaganda... Now Al Jazeera has had time and info to report the very things I was hounded for, so I will post it.

Here's another:

By the way, just as an aside, you know this thread is lacking documentation of the ongoing crimes against Palestinians. This includes Palestinian testimonies of the crimes the IDF are committing against them. Further to that, there is video documentation of IDF crimes against Palestenians. 

You have posters in this thread supporting this IDF operation. You have posters in this thread denying the amount of Palestinians killed.

But I'm being hounded for saying NYT lied and spread propaganda in how they covered the Oct 7 rape stories - and for posting that IDF was responsible for killing an X amount of Israelis on Oct 7?

I know that I’m warning you not to provoke other Members any more without thoughtful and respectful dialogue.

Do not provoke others without well thought out posts and references. Do not post links without a well thought rationale. Do not forget the big red post at the top of every page and every single word contained therein. 

Consider this my last word on the matter. I’ve given you lots of slack previously, but I’ve reached my limit. 

Don’t say you haven’t been warned. 

2 minutes ago, Super19 said:

Consider it the yin to your yang.

The Qatari government is harbouring Hamas leaders.
Doesn't seem like a positive thing to do for the Palestinian people, since at one point everyone agreed Hamas has gotta go, but idk maybe i’m wrong

1 minute ago, Chicken. said:

The Qatari government is harbouring Hamas leaders.

And if youre not biased you could say US politicians and media are being lobbied by the extreme Zionist regime of this Israeli government.

Also to your point, why doesn't the IDF then target the Hamas leaders in Qatar? Instead of inflicting death and despair to the people Israel occupies?

1 minute ago, Super19 said:

And if youre not biased you could say US politicians and media are being lobbied by the extreme Zionist regime of this Israeli government.

Also to your point, why doesn't the IDF then target the Hamas leaders in Qatar? Instead of inflicting death and despair to the people Israel occupies?

Israel has huge lobbying groups in America for sure that influence politics and the media. And the US has a large Jewish population as well to boot.

Good question. I’d guess it has to do with Qatar being a semi powerful and wealthy state with lots of allies.

What do you think? Would Palestinians be better off if Qatar handed over Hamas leadership?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicken. said:

Israel has huge lobbying groups in America for sure that influence politics and the media. And the US has a large Jewish population as well to boot.

Good question. I’d guess it has to do with Qatar being a semi powerful and wealthy state with lots of allies.

What do you think? Would Palestinians be better off if Qatar handed over Hamas leadership?

It depends on the circumstances. Whether Qatar hands over Hamas leadership, or Israel executes them all, the idealogy of Hamas will linger and new leaders will form In Gaza. So handing off Hamas leaders or killing them, will not get rid of Hamas. The head of the snake is not Hamas leaders. The head of the snake is Israeli occupation, oppression, apartheid. Eliminate that, and you eliminate Hamas.

2 minutes ago, Super19 said:

It depends on the circumstances. Whether Qatar hands over Hamas leadership, or Israel executes them all, the idealogy of Hamas will linger and new leaders will form In Gaza. So handing off Hamas leaders or killing them, will not get rid of Hamas. The head of the snake is not Hamas leaders. The head of the snake is Israeli occupation, oppression, apartheid. Eliminate that, and you eliminate Hamas.

So they wouldn’t be any better off and Qatar is a-ok for harbouring them.. so no point in the IDF hunting them down I guess

14 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

So they wouldn’t be any better off and Qatar is a-ok for harbouring them.. so no point in the IDF hunting them down I guess

Well of course it does go without saying that Palestinians are better off without the IDF actively killing, displacing, starving and destroying Gaza like the IDF is doing now in their ongoing operation. But do Palestinians go back to living under oppression, occupation and apartheid? Perhaps an even more strict version of it because of Oct 7?

Edited by Super19

23 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Whats the progress?

Is Israel close to getting them all yet?

"Getting them all"?

re. Gazans and Gaza:

Israel has successfully displaced Gazans from their homes, destroyed many homes and civillian infrastructure. a lot of Gaza looks like the parking lot some Zionists want to see. Israel is currently starving the Gazan population and have killed over 30k (80% women and children). Thousands lost under rubble. Over 70k injured, including amputated children, all of whom don't have access to pain medication. Aid is being heavily blocked.

Re. Hostages:

IDF have killed more hostages than they've been able to retrieve. And the only hostages that were returned safely happened through ceasefire and diplomatic efforts, which seems to be a price too high for Israel to pay to see the remaining hostages come home safely. But the price of innocent Palestinians is not high, so the IDF continues terrorizing Gaza but  have shown to be inept at retrieving Israeli hostages even despite the IDF having no red lines to do what they need to do.

Re. Hamas:

Hamas is still there, and the threats have escalated to the point where Houthis continue to enforce a naval blockade and there's also Hezbollahs involvement. The IDF have killed many Hamas militants, but how many have they had recruited? A man who sees his entire family killed by the IDF seems like a good candidate for handing IDF intel to where Hamas is hiding or a good candidate for Hamas to recruit?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

No one wants to see that part Roman.

Oh well at least Ruffalo has moved on from Canadian gas pipelines.

I'm 100% sure that vast majority of these actors had no idea of what the "red hand" originated from. I'm wondering how many of them feel ashamed now for being played for fools.

• ThereItIs 1