Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

Just now, Ilunga said:

Sigh. 

Who is the poster that  has continually throughout this thread posted videos of Isrealis and Palestinians working together for peace Alf ?

Who has posted stories of Isrealis and Palestinians forgiving each other, for what is virtually unforgivable Alf ?

If we, from a great distance (in understanding) cannot laugh then why should we expect those living the experience to? 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we, from a great distance (in understanding) cannot laugh then why should we expect those living the experience to? 

So, because you find a ten second skit about a " Jewish wedding " amusing, this is displaying your humanity ?

You are entitled to your views/opinions, they are part of what defines you.

When you actually start to display some real humanity for people who are really suffering in this conflict, then I will believe you have some humanity in regards to this conflict.

Since the conditions for famine have set in, Gaza, and posters reactions to the suffering of the children.

Then people's support of a far right wing nutjob over the last few pages, my respect for some people on this forum has  diminished.

This makes me feel really sad.

What amazes me, is that people who condemn intolerance and religion in other threads, are fine with those things if the people who propagate those ideas support Israel.

I seriously thought about quitting this forum, however I have my fantasy teams, and I love icehockey and the Canucks in that order.

Even though I don't contribute much to the hockey side of the forum, I read the games days, it's kinda really fun and the PGT's.

There are a few really knowledgeable hockey people on this forum.

There are people I really respect, and I want to keep in touch with on this forum.

And what great distance in understanding are you referring to ?

We are all humans being, that all share human nature, and we all share this planet. 

And to be clear I don't think you are a " bad " person.

Bad, good are subjective things.

I believe, that like a few people on this forum, you have selective humanity. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

So, because you find a ten second skit about a " Jewish wedding " amusing, this is displaying your humanity ?

You are entitled to your views/opinions, they are part of what defines you.

When you actually start to display some real humanity for people who are really suffering in this conflict, then I will believe you have some humanity in regards to this conflict.

Since the conditions for famine have set in, Gaza, and posters reactions to the suffering of the children.

Then people's support of a far right wing nutjob over the last few pages, my respect for some people on this forum has  diminished.

This makes me feel really sad.

What amazes me, is that people who condemn intolerance and religion in other threads, are fine with those things if the people who propagate those ideas support Israel.

I seriously thought about quitting this forum, however I have my fantasy teams, and I love icehockey and the Canucks in that order.

Even though I don't contribute much to the hockey side of the forum, I read the games days, it's kinda really fun and the PGT's.

There are a few really knowledgeable hockey people on this forum.

There are people I really respect, and I want to keep in touch with on this forum.

And what great distance in understanding are you referring to ?

We are all humans being, that all share human nature, and we all share this planet. 

And to be clear I don't think you are a " bad " person.

Bad, good are subjective things.

I believe, that like a few people on this forum, you have selective humanity. 

If we cannot laugh with one another then how can we truly accept one another? 

14 hours ago, RomanPer said:

Documented cases of Qatar money in the Ivy League schools in the US. That indicates that there’s a good chance that some of that terrorist money finding its way into Canadian academia as well.

As I have been interested in this and have been asking for info about Canada...

Can you post some links about at least what is going on in the states? 

I am really interested as people taking any money from terrorists should be locked up.  Is this Qatar money the same as what that poster meant when he said somehting about 'Hamas' money funding all these important institutions? 

Anyway, I'd like to read about it. 

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we cannot laugh with one another then how can we truly accept one another? 

I really have no clue in regards to what you are talking about.

Also, I find nothing to be amused about in regards to this conflict. 

To truly accept one another, then maybe instead of people defining themselves by the place they happen to be born, or they place they dwell.

They define themselves by the planet that we all share.

I can absolutely, 100 percent guarantee you, this conflict would not be happening if people did this.

9 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I have to point this out in good faith, stating again I have a great deal of respect for you.

But isn't this a religious holiday, based on a mythical text ?

And from memory your last post in the God thread was a quote 

" There is simply no polite way to tell people they' dedicated their lives to an illusion " 

To add to my comments, I believe there is always a polite way to talk to people.

In fact all discourse should be polite and respectful. 

And if we follow that quote to its logical conclusion, the state of Israel is an illusion in the minds of people who believe in that mythical text ?

The text that has been quoted by Roman as a justification for Israeli/ Jewish " ownership " of Jerusalem.

This is me being a little bit, well maybe a lot cheeky, and as I stated it is in good faith, excuse the pun. 

On a serious note my brother found God after mum died.

He belongs to a, what I would describe, as a first testament church.

His week of celebrations began on Sunday,  church day is the traditional Jewish sabbath, Saturday.

I think he was washing his fellow parishioners feet last night. 

While I certainly don't believe what they do, I have met some of his friends from the church, they seem like really good people, that's all that matters to me.

My brother has always been a kinda of a loner.

I am glad he has found his people.

I just want my brother to be happy.

I love him, and that love is unconditional.

To be sure all the worlds religions are absolutely ridiculous, yes. 

I have from time to time wished well to various groups celebrating various things. Sorry my message of peace made you upset. 

This is why i stopped coming to this thread, I can not make a simple statement of a fact here or a nice post wishing fellow canucks fans a happy festival. 

This thread sucks. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I really have no clue in regards to what you are talking about.

Also, I find nothing to be amused about in regards to this conflict. 

To truly accept one another, then maybe instead of people defining themselves by the place they happen to be born, or they place they dwell.

They define themselves by the planet that we all share.

I can absolutely, 100 percent guarantee you, this conflict would not be happening if people did this.

If we choose to not accept the value of humour then how can we truly accept one another? 

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Pro-Palestinian attention seeker harasses Alec Baldwin until he breaks.

This is the problem with social media in a nutshell, some guy recording himself acting like an asshole, and some other person retweeting it. 

• Like 1
  • chaos 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

This is the problem with social media in a nutshell, some guy recording himself acting like an asshole, and some other person retweeting it. 

It's trending on X.  Apparently the lady harassing him is a social media attention seeker so you've pretty much nailed it first try.

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Would Hamas be using their people as shields, in hopes of terrible consequences, if not for the propaganda they can then put on social media? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Pro-Palestinian attention seeker harasses Alec Baldwin until he breaks.

It's interesting depending on one's pov.

I have chuckled in the past when people have done this to some of the high profile MAGA people in restaurants. 

This person doing the filming is lucky they didnt get shot by Alec ( too soon?)

4 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

To be sure all the worlds religions are absolutely ridiculous, yes. 

I have from time to time wished well to various groups celebrating various things. Sorry my message of peace made you upset. 

This is why i stopped coming to this thread, I can not make a simple statement of a fact here or a nice post wishing fellow canucks fans a happy festival. 

This thread sucks. Yiu

C'mon brother.

Your message didn't make me upset.

I clearly stated I was being cheeky, and even made a joke about " faith ".

I then went into some very personal details in regards to my brothers connection to this religious holiday.

And this is what passover is, a religious holiday.

I just had to point out your comment in regards to that quote the god thread, and the significance of that in regards to this religious holiday. 

I just couldn't help myself.

That is a quote that seems a bit rude to me.

Why would you want to tell someone rudely, or politely for that matter, they have wasted their lives believing in something you and I don't believe in ?

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

C'mon brother.

I then went into some very personal details in regards to my brothers connection to this religious holiday.

I just had to point out your comment in regards to that quote the god thread, and the significance of that in regards to this religious holiday. 

Why would you want to tell someone rudely, or politely for that matter, they have wasted their lives believing in something you and I don't believe in ?

If what someone believes in (religion for example) promotes intolerance, hatred, and violence then why should we (collectively) be accepting of those beliefs? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

It's interesting depending on one's pov.

I have chuckled in the past when people have done this to some of the high profile MAGA people in restaurants. 

This person doing the filming is lucky they didnt get shot by Alec ( too soon?)

What is funny to me is that they both are ultra-liberal in their politics.  Much of Hollywood is sitting this one out because there are some pretty powerful Hollywood Jewish people that they want to get future jobs and paycheques from. 

Alec Baldwin needs a source of income to pay his lawyers.  I'd imagine the woman behind the camera has already set up an appointment with a lawyer.  More attention and a few unearned future dollars in her pocket.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

C'mon brother.

If you want we can hop over to that thread...nah, i will be quick.

I agree with, for instance, christians, about the absolute nonexistence of 249,999 gods...we are absolutely symptico that Zeus and THor are make believe. Christians get really mad when I go one god further than they do and point out that the sky fairy who raped a chick to have a kid he could kill to forgive humans(wtf?), but not the other billion species of animal that ever existed on earth, for their sins... but then he resurrects his rape offings (so taking back the sacrifice to himself i guess?) and then after only a Roman Tax Collector sees the risen bastard on a road, god decides to lift him up to heaven (in the sky/space apparently) to take his rightful place at his side? Everything about that story speaks to being written by a man, here on earth, and rounds out with a whole lot of reasons to stay in line and do what that man tells you. It is to be perfectly clear a long lasting farce that only exists to this day because a Roman leader saw how useful the ruse was to keeping people in line. 

Since this is totally off topic I am done here. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

If you want we can hop over to that thread...nah, i will be quick.

I agree with, for instance, christians, about the absolute nonexistence of 249,999 gods...we are absolutely symptico that Zeus and THor are make believe. Christians get really mad when I go one god further than they do and point out that the sky fairy who raped a chick to have a kid he could kill to forgive humans(wtf?), but not the other billion species of animal that ever existed on earth, for their sins... but then he resurrects his rape offings (so taking back the sacrifice to himself i guess?) and then after only a Roman Tax Collector sees the risen bastard on a road, god decides to lift him up to heaven (in the sky/space apparently) to take his rightful place at his side? Everything about that story speaks to being written by a man, here on earth, and rounds out with a whole lot of reasons to stay in line and do what that man tells you. It is to be perfectly clear a long lasting farce that only exists to this day because a Roman leader saw how useful the ruse was to keeping people in line. 

Since this is totally off topic I am done here. 

Too bad we can’t apply more than one emoji. Your post is hilariously sad. And spot on. 

Edited by Alflives
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we choose to not accept the value of humour then how can we truly accept one another? 

Read that post of mine, Vox Pop article.

Actual facts about the morals/ethics behind this conflict.

The admissions by Isrealis themselves they have no compunction in murdering Palestinian civilians.

That this is not a just/ethical

war, on several ethical fronts.

And it is a virtually 

unwinnable war. 

Walzers comments are very telling.

A man, a Jew, a huge supporter of Israel.

A person whose work is the benchmark in regards to just wars.

Laws have been made in regards to his work.

He condemns/criticises Isreal.

Comment on these facts, and we can start a real conversation.

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If what someone believes in (religion for example) promotes intolerance, hatred, and violence then why should we (collectively) be accepting of those beliefs? 

You seemed pretty accepting of David Murrays beliefs.

A man that promotes intolerance, Xenophobic ideas.

And pologises for the likes of Trump, Le Pen, Vilders.

But he supports Israel so it's all good right ? 

And who condemns all violence in this thread Alf ?

And who justifies violence used by the Israelis in this thread Alf ? 

It's like living in an alternative universe, people are totally unaware of their own actions. 

19 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

You seemed pretty accepting of David Murrays beliefs.

A man that promotes intolerance, Xenophobic ideas.

And pologises for the likes of Trump, Le Pen, Vilders.

But he supports Israel so it's all good right ? 

And who condemns all violence in this thread Alf ?

And who justifies violence used by the Israelis in this thread Alf ? 

It's like living in an alternative universe, people are totally unaware of their own actions. 

Douglas Murray was a refrigerator sized D man with the Sharks.