Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

As I have been interested in this and have been asking for info about Canada...

Can you post some links about at least what is going on in the states? 

I am really interested as people taking any money from terrorists should be locked up.  Is this Qatar money the same as what that poster meant when he said somehting about 'Hamas' money funding all these important institutions? 

Anyway, I'd like to read about it. 

1) https://sites.ed.gov/foreigngifts/ - this is official record of all foreign funding to the US universities from the US Department of Education. Simply select Qatar in the Country and you'll see 33 pages (326 records total) of various types of funding from that country alone. A lot of interesting countries on the list

2) https://nypost.com/2023/11/08/news/us-universities-including-cornell-harvard-mit-raked-in-13b-in-undocumented-contributions-from-foreign-donors/ - a little more specific research. It references a published research paper

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

25 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Alf, you aren’t going to find common ground with a whiny communist.   

You love to abuse people don't you.

Does this make you feel better about yourself. 

As JJR noted.

Insults are the arguments employed by those in the wrong.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

You love to abuse people don't you.

Does this make you feel better about yourself. 

As JJR noted.

Insults are the arguments employed by those in the wrong.

You promote communism.  

Why would being called a communist be abuse?    
I don’t find it offensive to call someone a liberal, con, commie, etc…..  

You continue to make these giant posts and if someone doesn’t agree with you, which most don’t because you are a commie, you start to question their humanity and if they are even decent people or not.  

You can’t sit there and pass judgment like you are better than anyone, then get mad when someone calls you a whiney communist.  

Edited by D.B Cooper
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

You promote communism.  

Why would being called a communist be abuse?    
Get over yourselves homie.  

You continue to make these giant posts and if someone doesn’t agree with you, which most don’t because you are a commie, you start to question their humanity and if they are even decent people or not.  

You can’t sit there and pass judgment like you are better than anyone, then get mad when someone calls you a whiney communist.  
If I called you a Pinko Bitch, sure.  That would be a little aggressive.  Lol.  

I promote communism ?

A post I made months ago where I stated as a kid I admired Marx's theory when I read his communist manifesto.

You are delusional to think that is promoting communism. 

I have stated a few times that communism will never work because it doesn't take into account human nature.

So how can I be a commie, if I say communism will never work ?

You interjected yourself in a conversation between two other people, putting shit on me.

You have a habit of putting shit on people you disagree with. 

And where did I  even suggest I am in better than anyone.

Stop projecting dude.

You have a habit of deriding people you don't agree with.

Edited by Ilunga
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I promote communism ?

A post I made months ago where I stated as a kid I admired Marx's theory when I read his communist manifesto.

Absolutely you were.  You and I had a back and forth about it.  It wasn’t you mentioning you thought about it as a kid.    
you were trying your darndest to back up and support the ideas. 

You are delusional to think that is promoting communism. 

Nope.   You were. Then questioning myself and other how we dont support the 5 principles or some shit like that. 

I have stated a few times that communism will never work because it doesn't take into account human nature.

So how can I be a commie, if I say communism will never work ?

You interjected yourself in a conversation between two other people, putting shit on me.

You have a habit of putting shit on people you disagree with. 

Not at all. I have a habit of remembering something stupid someone said before, and recalling it when they say more

And where did I  even suggest I am in better than anyone.

Stop projecting dude.

Youve been talking down to Alf all morning, who was just making a comment about being able to laugh with your neighbour, which doesn’t seem possible with you. 
Then questioned people on this boards humanity and whether they are a good person or not.  
How do you not see how you are coming off with these posts?

You have a habit of deriding people you don't agree with.

K

Edited by D.B Cooper

Of course I did.

I have never said, ever, since I first read the communist manifesto 45 years ago that communism will never work because it doesn't take into account human nature.

I have always stated that. 

That is doesn't take into account the fact that some people put in more than others. 

They were five ideas, and those ideas are not limited to communism. 

If I had to choose one label, I am a humanist and those that know me well would agree with that label. 

You don't seem to understand that Alf was trying to wind me up.

He was taking the piss out me.

He basically accused me of being an anti semite yesterday, knowing one of the few things I hate is racism.

And I don't talk down to anyone DB. 

I post facts mate, then I post links to evidence to back up my claims. 

You jumped into the middle of a conversation just to put shit on someone.

Don't lie to yourself and others, own it.

7 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Of course I did.

I have never said, ever, since I first read the communist manifesto 45 years ago that communism will never work because it doesn't take into account human nature.

I have always stated that. 

That is doesn't take into account the fact that some people put in more than others. 

They were five ideas, and those ideas are not limited to communism. 

If I had to choose one label, I am a humanist and those that know me well would agree with that label. 

You don't seem to understand that Alf was trying to wind me up.

He was taking the piss out me.

He basically accused me of being an anti semite yesterday, knowing one of the few things I hate is racism.

And I don't talk down to anyone DB. 

I post facts mate, then I post links to evidence to back up my claims. 

You jumped into the middle of a conversation just to put shit on someone.

Don't lie to yourself and others, own it.

Sorry

Edited by D.B Cooper
Jk
  • Cheers 1

Just antisemitic communist things.  No need for alarm or defensive justifications 

Mass graves and mutilated civilians and questionable deaths of individuals tied, handcuffed, chained and murdered by some reports and of course just a few dozen more illegal settlement attacks etc.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/mass-graves-gaza-khan-younis-israel-war-1.7182545

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68881325

https://thehill.com/policy/international/4616720-un-calls-for-investigation-into-mass-graves-found-at-gaza-hospitals/

https://news.un.org/en/story/2024/04/1148876

Civil defence crews continued searching for bodies Tuesday near the ruins of Nasser hospital, which was the largest in southern Gaza. Workers who spoke with CBC News on Monday said they had found bodies that had been decapitated or dismembered while some were in handcuffs.

"There is a clear assault on these bodies — some of them who were exposed to loss of arms and legs and some lost their heads," Sameh Hamad, a criminal evidence administrator in Gaza,

Massive settler attacks in West Bank

Turning to the West Bank, the UN rights chief said that grave human rights violations had continued there “unabated”. 

This was despite international condemnation of “massive settler attacks” between 12 and 14 April “that had been facilitated by the Israeli Security Forces (ISF)”.

Settler violence has been organized “with the support, protection, and participation of the ISF”, Mr. Türk insisted, before describing a 50-hour long operation into Nur Shams refugee camp and Tulkarem city starting on 18 April.

“The ISF deployed ground troops, bulldozers and drones and sealed the camp. Fourteen Palestinians were killed, three of them children,” the UN rights chief said, noting that 10 ISF members had been injured.

In a statement, Mr. Türk also highlighted reports that several Palestinians had been unlawfully killed in the Nur Shams operation “and that the ISF used unarmed Palestinians to shield their forces from attack and killed others in apparent extrajudicial executions”. 

Dozens were reportedly detained and ill-treated while the ISF “inflicted unprecedented and apparently wanton destruction on the camp and its infrastructure”, the High Commissioner said.

Edited by Warhippy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Cheers 1

^^ Protesters are Pro Hamas where they make arrests?

^^ Pro Palestine where they are tolerated.

I went to the city, in Melbourne, when one was percolating.  The loudest were very aggressive and challenging people for any Jewish support. Others just calling for peace.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I do not like this headline. 

This clip, only a minute long, does underscore the historical value for various cultures of the area's surrounding Jerusalem.  My dream is this is a multicultural zone.  Including a home, in absolute peace, for Palestinians. I found out today, its the birth home of one of my work colleagues.  A Palestinian, not Christian or Jew. In spite of all, including things that ''ain't right'', his words, he loves going home! Has no interest in war over his homeland. 

https://youtu.be/ggljfAfREjU

• Cheers 1

Peace to this man !

How many Pro Palestinian's know this is what they are fighting for?

OK that is not, completely, fair on my part! It may not be what all are choosing to identify with in their protest. How many know this is part of the equation...

It does not excuse those blocking aid @Warhippy.  Israel's approach.

It does lend heavily & specifically to why there is conflict!

100's of millions are calling for the death of Israel? Prefer this sort of regime in Palestine. As much as many on college campuses, the streets of London are ignorant to such factors of this war. Hamas is just in its infancy as a curator of culture. Are embracing an even more militant view of what is, not, allowed as expression of one's self.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • ThereItIs 1

''Hamas wants to join the Palestine Liberation Organization, headed by rival Fatah,'' in a two state solution!  Will disarm & agree to a five year truce in new peace deal.

I wonder if Fatah wants to govern alongside Hamas?  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

''Hamas wants to join the Palestine Liberation Organization, headed by rival Fatah,'' in a two state solution!  Will disarm & agree to a five year truce in new peace deal.

I wonder if Fatah wants to govern alongside Hamas?  

5 year truce... Sounds like bs to me but we'll see I guess.

• Like 1

Seems predominantly peaceful outside of rage baiting out of context tweets of videos of “violence and chaos” on Twitter. Of course there’s a chance things get out of hand at a protest, but for the most part, it’s been non violent.

America and western countries had similar protests at campuses to protest for the end of apartheid in South Africa and it worked. 

Netanyahu goes on live broadcast and cries about these protests attacking Jewish people and endorsing the death of Jews (not true). I wonder why there’s literally Jewish people at these same protests at campuses who are standing in solidarity with the protestors then. 

meanwhile IDF soldiers are bombing and shooting randomly and indiscriminately at Palestinians who made their ways east north of Rafah for what they thought was humanitarian aid (and don’t tell me it was a bum rush or whatever it was reported when their were literal families and children there) but lo and behold they had IDF soldiers waiting from afar to shoot them down and kill them using them as target practice.

Call it genocide, call it collateral casualties, call it war, call it whatever.  it’s easy to sit here and claim protestors are Hamas supporters for being concerned of the well being of Palestinians and its well documented occupation of the region of Palestine and the West Bank as evidenced by the millions of displaced people over the course of many decades. But as evidenced by many people in this thread, it seems to be an even tougher pill to swallow in accepting and realizing the ugly truth about Israel/IDF and the atrocities they’ve committed. 

• Cheers 3

22 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Seems predominantly peaceful outside of rage baiting out of context tweets of videos of “violence and chaos” on Twitter. Of course there’s a chance things get out of hand at a protest, but for the most part, it’s been non violent.

America and western countries had similar protests at campuses to protest for the end of apartheid in South Africa and it worked. 

Netanyahu goes on live broadcast and cries about these protests attacking Jewish people and endorsing the death of Jews (not true). I wonder why there’s literally Jewish people at these same protests at campuses who are standing in solidarity with the protestors then. 

meanwhile IDF soldiers are bombing and shooting randomly and indiscriminately at Palestinians who made their ways east north of Rafah for what they thought was humanitarian aid (and don’t tell me it was a bum rush or whatever it was reported when their were literal families and children there) but lo and behold they had IDF soldiers waiting from afar to shoot them down and kill them using them as target practice.

Call it genocide, call it collateral casualties, call it war, call it whatever.  it’s easy to sit here and claim protestors are Hamas supporters for being concerned of the well being of Palestinians and its well documented occupation of the region of Palestine and the West Bank as evidenced by the millions of displaced people over the course of many decades. But as evidenced by many people in this thread, it seems to be an even tougher pill to swallow in accepting and realizing the ugly truth about Israel/IDF and the atrocities they’ve committed. 

I think you may be over simplifying some people's positions in here. Hamas doesn't care about the well being of Palestinians either. Pointing that out doesn't mean a person supports everything the idf has done.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

A very calculated campaign with global reach to allow Hamas to survive the IDF destroying them. Hamas/Iran had to know that the fallout of their success in breaching the fences into Israel and their bloody killing of innocents would bring retribution. Hamas is using their own population to hide behind as they continue their attacks. Death in Gaza would end immediately if they laid down their arms. Instead the propaganda campaign draws equivalency between what Hamas did and how the IDF conduct their operations. There is none. Oct. 7th would be repeated across Israel if Hamas and most Palestinians had the opportunity. 

From a military perspective I don't know how Israel can eliminate Hamas as elements will simply fade into the population. The brain trust resides in Quatar and is financed from Iran. The only way Israel solves its problem is regime change in Iran. A new government in Iran that cuts off Hamas and Hezbollah funding. Obviously Iran feels threatened by a pending alliance between Israel and the Sunni Arab countries. They fear the military alliance but also the possible economic prosperity it might bring to their surrogates the Palestinians. Prosperity for Palestinians would empty the ranks of Hamas. 

• Like 1

People who genuinely think that Hamas has managed to launch a successful PR campaign to woo those in the west over to their side, and it isn't just people in the west sick of the indiscriminate segregation, apartheid and annexation of land resulting in the murder of innocent people while the US and UN by and large look on approvingly need to give their heads a shake.

These kids are a hell of a lot smarter than that.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Another rapper ...

That was ( sadly brilliant "

What a talented kid.

This is a an Isreali and Palestinian addressing racism in Israel with rap.

This is in regards to racism Palestinian Isrealis endure.

The Isrealis that Roman claims are treated like equal citizens.

It was the Isreali who was the driving force behind this project.

The words he raps are basically things he hears stated all across Isreal.

He talks about this after the rap. 

The interviewer commenting on whether she actually wanted to play that rap because 

" People actually talk this way in Israel ? " 

Referring to the Isrealis part of the rap. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I am for peaceful protests on behalf of Palestinian people.  They have a right to their voice. 

They should also call out, police, the activities of their extremists. Here in this video you have extremists radicalizing kids, taking part in Sharia law murder of homosexuals, non believers.  This is not all peaceful protest? I remain convinced when Israel starts convicting its Settlers & Palestine those who blow up tourist buses? When both sides hold their own accountable against violent activity; peace has a chance. One teen had a better point; she was simply protesting war.  I can accept that!

Also call out any incorrect message.  Here in Australia it's Anzac day. Australian and New Zealand defense (?) forces that fought at Anzac cove. Teachers and students are protesting that Anzac day is an affront to Palestinian freedom, and this war!  This is incorrect.

The Anzacs fought against the Turks; the Ottoman empire that ruled over 'Palestine,' most of the Middle East for nearly 500 years. Bastards who did not allow 'Palestinians,' of Jewish, Orthodox, Christian, Bedouin or alternate Muslim decent rights of land ownership, religion or congregation. Yes, a right to argue current policies of a current government.  

• Cheers 1