Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

55 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think you may be over simplifying some people's positions in here. Hamas doesn't care about the well being of Palestinians either. Pointing that out doesn't mean a person supports everything the idf has done.

I would believe this if  people spoke out against the " things " " a person " doesn't support in regards to the IDF actions.

Again the majority of posters support Isreal and actually come up with reasons to justify all that they do. 

Apparently some of the Nova music festival survivors of the October 7,  "think the tragedy could have largely been averted "

They are suing Isreali Police,  the IDF, the defense  and Shin Bet.

They are suing them, the first civil suit of its kind in Israel.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/42-survivors-of-the-nova-rave-massacre-sue-defense-establishment-for-negligence/

16 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I would believe this if  people spoke out against the " things " " a person " doesn't support in regards to the IDF actions.

where has there been support for the actions that are legitimate war crimes? I don't see anyone supporting that in here. 

Again the majority of posters support Isreal and actually come up with reasons to justify all that they do. 

OK, so tell me the legitimate alternative. Todays alternative, not an ideal future but the actors on the ground right now.

Tell me what "river to the sea" really means, or what a "free" Gaza run by Hamas really looks like. From what Ive seen so far, it would look at lot like Iran. So am I really supposed to support a new smaller Iran regime? what life does that give women e.g.?

You call it justification, but thats just you putting your view on it, I think others simply don't see a viable alternative, and thats my lens on it. 

If you want me to support a free Palestine, I need to understand what we're freeing it to. Right now, I don't see what it would be, other than something propped up by Iran with the same fundamentalist issues. 

Apparently some of the Nova music festival survivors of the October 7,  "think the tragedy could have largely been averted "

They are suing Isreali Police,  the IDF, the defense  and Shin Bet.

They are suing them, the first civil suit of its kind in Israel.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/42-survivors-of-the-nova-rave-massacre-sue-defense-establishment-for-negligence/

OK. Not sure how this relates to what a "free Palestine" means tho. 

Edited by Bob Long
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I am for peaceful protests on behalf of Palestinian people.  They have a right to their voice. 

They should also call out, police, the activities of their extremists. Here in this video you have extremists radicalizing kids, taking part in Sharia law murder of homosexuals, non believers.  This is not all peaceful protest? I remain convinced when Israel starts convicting its Settlers & Palestine those who blow up tourist buses? When both sides hold their own accountable against violent activity; peace has a chance. One teen had a better point; she was simply protesting war.  I can accept that!

Also call out any incorrect message.  Here in Australia it's Anzac day. Australian and New Zealand defense (?) forces that fought at Anzac cove. Teachers and students are protesting that Anzac day is an affront to Palestinian freedom, and this war!  This is incorrect.

The Anzacs fought against the Turks; the Ottoman empire that ruled over 'Palestine,' most of the Middle East for nearly 500 years. Bastards who did not allow 'Palestinians,' of Jewish, Orthodox, Christian, Bedouin or alternate Muslim decent rights of land ownership, religion or congregation. Yes, a right to argue current policies of a current government.  

Anzac Cove ?

Wasn't that where Australians invaded a Muslim country half a world away that had never even heard of us, let alone fucked with us. 

All because Churchill,  who was first lord of the Admiralty at the time came up with a plan, something the British had wanted to do since the days of the crusades, sail up the Dardanelles, land, invade and go on to Conquer Istanbul.

They sent the Aussies

because they didn't trust the " wild colonials " in Europe at that stage.

They sent us to Cairo first, where some of the shit the Australian soldiers did confirmed their fears.

And tell me, for five hundred years, how did those " bastard British and Europeans" treat their own people, the average British person was a peasant at home, or cannon fodder in their wars.

And the indigenous/ first nations people of the countries they colonized ? 

Ask the first nations Americans, what few there are left after genocide was committed on them.

https://hmh.org/library/research/genocide-of-indigenous-peoples-guide/

" When European settlers first arrived in the  Americas, historians estimate there were over 10,000 Native Americans living there. 

By 1900 their population was under 300,000. "

The genocide no one talks about.

Fucking British generals in WW 1, when the British press started questioning the millions of British soldiers who where pointlessly dying in France, Kitchener basically stated, it is their duty to die for their king, for Britian.

Fighting, dying all for a few miles of land. 

16 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I am for peaceful protests on behalf of Palestinian people.  They have a right to their voice. 

They should also call out, police, the activities of their extremists. Here in this video you have extremists radicalizing kids, taking part in Sharia law murder of homosexuals, non believers.  This is not all peaceful protest? I remain convinced when Israel starts convicting its Settlers & Palestine those who blow up tourist buses? When both sides hold their own accountable against violent activity; peace has a chance. One teen had a better point; she was simply protesting war.  I can accept that!

Also call out any incorrect message.  Here in Australia it's Anzac day. Australian and New Zealand defense (?) forces that fought at Anzac cove. Teachers and students are protesting that Anzac day is an affront to Palestinian freedom, and this war!  This is incorrect.

The Anzacs fought against the Turks; the Ottoman empire that ruled over 'Palestine,' most of the Middle East for nearly 500 years. Bastards who did not allow 'Palestinians,' of Jewish, Orthodox, Christian, Bedouin or alternate Muslim decent rights of land ownership, religion or congregation. Yes, a right to argue current policies of a current government.  

Anzac Cove ?

Wasn't that where Australians invaded a Muslim country half a world away that had never even heard of us, let alone fucked with us. 

All because Churchill,  who was first lord of the Admiralty at the time came up with a plan, something the British had wanted to do since the days of the crusades, sail up the Dardanelles, land, invade and go on to Conquer Istanbul.

They sent the Aussies

because they didn't trust the " wild colonials " in Europe at that stage.

They sent us to Cairo first, where some of the shit the Australian soldiers did confirmed their fears.

And tell me, for five hundred years, how did those " bastard British and Europeans" treat their own people, the average British person was a peasant at home, or cannon fodder in their wars.

And the indigenous/ first nations people of the countries they colonized ? 

Ask the first nations Americans, what few there are left after genocide was committed on them.

https://hmh.org/library/research/genocide-of-indigenous-peoples-guide/

" When European settlers first arrived in the  Americas, historians estimate there were over 10,000 Native Americans living there. 

By 1900 their population was under 300,000. "

The genocide no one talks about.

Fucking British generals in WW 1, when the British press started questioning the millions of British soldiers who where pointlessly dying in France, Kitchener basically stated, it is their duty to die for their king, for Britian.

Fighting, dying all for a few miles of land. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

5 year truce... Sounds like bs to me but we'll see I guess.

If these people truly wanted peace wouldn’t they agree to a forever truce? Two states living side by side with no war. Giving a time limit seems like just wanting to retool their capacity to make war. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

where has there been support for the actions that are legitimate war crimes? I don't see anyone supporting that in here. 

OK, so tell me the legitimate alternative. Todays alternative, not an ideal future but the actors on the ground right now.

Tell me what "river to the sea" really means, or what a "free" Gaza run by Hamas really looks like. From what Ive seen so far, it would look at lot like Iran. So am I really supposed to support a new smaller Iran regime? what life does that give women e.g.?

You call it justification, but thats just you putting your view on it, I think others simply don't see a viable alternative, and thats my lens on it. 

If you want me to support a free Palestine, I need to understand what we're freeing it to. Right now, I don't see what it would be, other than something propped up by Iran with the same fundamentalist issues. 

OK. Not sure how this relates to what a "free Palestine" means tho. 

What has this got to do with my post in regards to your claim that " a person doesn't support everything the IDF has done"

Apart from me @Warhippy @Gurn @Odd., who else actually criticises the IDF ?

Actually state they don't agree with some of the IDF's actions ? 

Nobody.

Again I would believe your statement that people don't agree with all the things the IDF has done, if those people actually criticised the IDF.

Every single person here has condemned Hamas'. 

I have presented evidence from and Isreali/Jewish source, whose work is the benchmark in ethical, just wars.

Laws have been based on his work.

He has always been a staunch supporter of Isreals right to defend itself.

For months after the attack he still layed the " moral " blame I Hamas'.

Now he is saying Israel is fighting an unethical/unjust war on several fronts.

He, and now others in Isreal are stating this war is unwinnable.  

I have already stated what I believe should happen in regards to a Palestinian state.

Fully independent West Bank and Gaza.

East Jerusalem as their capital.

Leaders chosen from people who have a history of being peacemakers.

I have actually posted articles about Palestinians who have a history of working with Isrealis for a peaceful resolution to this conflict.

No Palestinian armed forces.

Their own police force.

Who helped found Hamas' Jim ?

Not Iran.

It was Israel.

Who has been funding Hamas' for years.

Both Iran and Israel.

The Palestinians' have never had a theocracy remotely like what Iran has.

If Palestinians were given their freedom, Hamas becomes redundant. 

For the better part of 20 years Israel has propped up Hamas in an attempt to make a two state solution impossible, that's a commonly known fact.

As I have continually stated, one thing hasn't been tried, actually giving Palestinians their freedom.

Something you, I and the Isrealis have.

As for the Nova victims, I thought I would post some new facts in that post.

Edited by Ilunga
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

What has this got to do with my post in regards to your claim that " a person doesn't support everything the IDF has done"

Nobody.

Again I would believe your statement that people don't agree with all the things the IDF has done, if those people actually criticised the IDF.

I have presented evidence from and Isreali/Jewish source, whose work is the benchmark in ethical, just wars.

I have already stated what I believe should happen in regards to a Palestinian state.

I have actually posted articles about Palestinians who have a history of working with Isrealis for a peaceful resolution to this conflict.

Their own police force.

Not Iran.

It was Israel.

Both Iran and Israel.

For the better part of 20 years Israel has propped up Hamas in an attempt to make a two state solution impossible, that's a commonly known fact.

As I have continually stated, one thing hasn't been tried, actually giving Palestinians their freedom.

Ok let's focus in tho on the governance alternative. Explain to me what we are freeing Gaza to, and why I should support it.

• ThereItIs 1

25 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Nobody.

Their own police force.

Not Iran.

It was Israel.

Both Iran and Israel.

image.gif.6cc323c35d1004f0467fb7bb66f8642d.gif

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Not Iran.

It was Israel.

Both Iran and Israel.

How did Israel create and fund Hamas, exactly? This is complete hogwash. Israel has been keeping an economic blockade on Hamas run Gaza. They've been accused of creating an open air prison. Show me what funds Israel gave to Hamas?

• ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, Warhippy said:

People who genuinely think that Hamas has managed to launch a successful PR campaign to woo those in the west over to their side, and it isn't just people in the west sick of the indiscriminate segregation, apartheid and annexation of land resulting in the murder of innocent people while the US and UN by and large look on approvingly need to give their heads a shake.

These kids are a hell of a lot smarter than that.

In a Worldwide War of Words, Russia, China and Iran Back Hamas https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/03/technology/israel-hamas-information-war.html?smid=nytcore-android-share

• ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Ok let's focus in tho on the governance alternative. Explain to me what we are freeing Gaza to, and why I should support it.

We are allowing them self determination.

Self governance without being occupied like parts of the west bank. 

Without being terrorised by settlers with the support of the IDF, as they have been in the West Bank.

Without being Blockaded and

Isolated.

As Gaza has been for the last 17 years. 

That they can form a functioning capital city in East Jerusalem.

All the things that most of the international community wants, including the US, mine and your societies. 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Ilunga said:

The Isrealis that Roman claims are treated like equal citizens.

Those who are citizens do hold all rights of citizenship. 

It does not mean there is not racism.  Systemic, obvious, or cultural. Offering citizenship, is it not a bridge to peaceful coexistence?

Honest question!

One i would like to ask @Odd. also, if willing to answer...  

My own answer contribution to this discussion;

I posted a video below three or five days ago? Let it simmer for a while, it did not get enough response IMO.  Underscoring  the profound impact of culture on this conflict!  

https://youtu.be/ggljfAfREjU  Won't imbed. Probably, while not graphicat all, due to it covering perhaps the most divisive issue? Its about 1967, during the infamous 6 day war. the ''Liberation of Hebron'' by Israel is the 1.5 minute video's title. Only a minute, I encourage everyone to watch it! 

Quote / Unquote;

* In 1967 the Jewish people took back their ancient capital. And reunited Jerusalem!

* The Jewish people also needed Hebron, the tomb of the fathers and mothers!      (Called the Cave of Patriarchs to Jews. Sanctuary of Abraham to Muslims.)

* Rabbi Goran went right to the Tomb of Machpelah, planted a makeshift flag of Israel! Then entered the ancestral burial grounds of the Jewish people. For the first time in 700 years!

This is the absolute beating heart of the entire debate is my suggestion! Hebron, Ramallah, Judae, Bethlehem, the Dead Sea. The area is full of linkage for virtually all cultural groups to have walked these mostly desert paths, for thousands of years.  @Ilunga has argued, correctly, the West Bank is considered an illegal occupation.  

@RomanPer has argued, I agree also , a divisive point massive volumes do not agree with for sure, Israel has a right to occupied territories for security.  No doubt, Roman has an attachment to the thought Jewish people have certain rights to their ancestral homes of culture & religion. Many people, certainly @Super19, probably @Odd., perhaps @Warhippy believe that Palestinian & Arabic populations in the West are prisoners, oppressed.  I also agree, in spite of my security beliefs, that Israel is not only heavy handed. But abusive, and has truly Occupied, begun the actual settlement of these captured territories. Considering their attachment, many Jews probably feel entitled?

Here is the thing? 'Palestinians' also claim this as their own.  That Jews should leave, full stop. Yet divisive as it is, attached as they are, it is well discussed that Israel has at times offered, or at least negotiated regarding, the two state solution of Gaza / West Bank.  This is profound! Absolutely profound. One extremist, or RW Jewish groups oppose.

Imagine being barred from your ancestral burial grounds for 700 years!

Yet negotiating its release in a peace deal? 

My belief is such a deal needs to suggest that these won't simply be Muslim territories? They must be Multicultural Territories.  Israel is heavy handed, people are abused, which MUST stop, yet Palestinians visit Al Aqsa every day. Jewish people were barred from such a site for 700 years. That is also a poor view.

How does Israel relinquish, but all cultures have access is my question & will access be embraced by Palestinians in a peace deal?

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, Bob Long said:

In a Worldwide War of Words, Russia, China and Iran Back Hamas https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/03/technology/israel-hamas-information-war.html?smid=nytcore-android-share

The kids aren't that stupid.

Anyone who genuinely thinks that Hamas is creating a successful PR campaign and that's why people in the west are in support of Palestine 

And that they aren't in support of Palestine based on endless illegal settlements.  Attacks.  Open annexation or "term adjacent genocide" while the US and UN stand by and applaud or at least sit complicit

Is out to lunch.

The kids aren't that stupid no matter what finger pointing garbage people suggest 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

8 hours ago, Gurn said:

@Super19

was in this thread, for quite some time, till the continual being called an anti-semite got to him.

Iirc one other poster actually started talking about reporting him to the police.

So yah- he left.

Is it just me that noticed how Al Jazeera reporting went from being considered relatively balanced and informed- to be referred to as nothing more than Hamas propaganda?

Personally, I didn't note much change in how they cover stuff.gateway

Honestly, the fact that poster was allowed to say and do that and Super was railroaded the way he was, called out, degraded and insulted while also being threatened is genuinely shameful and a microcosm of the overall conflict as a whole in regards to what is justifiable based on one's inherent stance and bias

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

We are allowing them self determination.

Self governance without being occupied like parts of the west bank. 

Without being terrorised by settlers with the support of the IDF, as they have been in the West Bank.

Without being Blockaded and

Isolated.

As Gaza has been for the last 17 years. 

That they can form a functioning capital city in East Jerusalem.

All the things that most of the international community wants, including the US, mine and your societies. 

That sounds great.... So how do we go from the current hamas leaders to that? 

46 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

The kids aren't that stupid.

Anyone who genuinely thinks that Hamas is creating a successful PR campaign and that's why people in the west are in support of Palestine 

And that they aren't in support of Palestine based on endless illegal settlements.  Attacks.  Open annexation or "term adjacent genocide" while the US and UN stand by and applaud or at least sit complicit

Is out to lunch.

The kids aren't that stupid no matter what finger pointing garbage people suggest 

So we just ignore the impact of one of the largest social media campaigns ever?

8 hours ago, Taxi said:

How did Israel create and fund Hamas, exactly? This is complete hogwash. Israel has been keeping an economic blockade on Hamas run Gaza. They've been accused of creating an open air prison. Show me what funds Israel gave to Hamas?

You really are a glutton for punishment aren't you.

You make BS statements, they are debunked, yet you keep coming back for more.

I, and others have provided evidence that Hamas helped create Hamas'

Here you are....again 

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/commentary/2023/11/21/world/israel-failed-policy/

" Hamas for it's part is alleged to have have emerged out of the Isreali financed Islamist movement in Gaza, with Israels then military - governor in that territory, Brigadier general Yitzhak Segev disclosing that in 1981 he had been given a budget for funding Palestinian Islamists to counter the rising power of Palestinian secularists. Hamas a spinoff of the Palestinian Branch of Muslim Brotherhood, was formerly established with Israels support soon after the first Intifada flared in 1987, as an uprising against the Isreali occupation of Palestinian lands.

Israels objective was twofold: to split the nationalist Palestinian movement led by Arafat, and more fundamentally to thwart the implementation of the two state solution for resolving the protracted Israeli - Palestinian conflict. By aiding the rise of an Islamist group whose character refused to recognise the Isreali state, Isreal sought to undermine the idea of a two state solution, including curbing western support for an independent Palestinian homeland. "

Media Bias on my source The Japanese Times 

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/japan-times/

Factual reporting High

Least biased 

MBFC Credibility Rating 

High credibility.

Now let's deal with Israels ongoing support of Hamas

Isreali source

" For years Netanyahu propped up Hamas.

Now it's blown up in our faces.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/for-years-netanyahu-propped-up-hamas-now-its-blown-up-in-our-faces/

Really taxi, I rarely do this, however this the third time you have basically called me a liar. 

" Better to be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt " 

Abraham Lincoln 

9 hours ago, Gurn said:

@Super19

was in this thread, for quite some time, till the continual being called an anti-semite got to him.

Iirc one other poster actually started talking about reporting him to the police.

So yah- he left.

Is it just me that noticed how Al Jazeera reporting went from being considered relatively balanced and informed- to be referred to as nothing more than Hamas propaganda?

Personally, I didn't note much change in how they cover stuff.

I said people who were still posting brother. 

Yes the bias and hypocrisy in this thread blows me away me.

As I have noted, people that condemn bigotry and religion in other threads, are fine with it in this thread, in regards to support of Israel. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

I said people who were still posting brother. 

Yes the bias and hypocrisy in this thread blows me away me.

As I have noted, people that condemn bigotry and religion in other threads, are fine with it in this thread, in regards to support of Israel. 

Tbh this is just not a fair characterization of people's views on this. You can't shove everyone into a neat little box like this, it's far too complex.

Eg, is it your position that every single act by Israel in response to Oct 7 is wrong? Unless your answer is a hard yes, you're in the grey fog with the rest of us.

47 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

It's been a while brother. 

I did some research on those " twitter sources " that @Sabrefan1 posted in regards to the protests at US universities.

Citizens Press 

Here are some other   "tweets" from them 

They seem to be big Trump supporters

And a whole lot of, well you decide. 

Then there are the tweets from Greg Abbott.

We all know who and what he is.

Then there are the Megatron " tweets "

These seem to be a mishmash of views that do criticise everyone from Israel to Zelensky 

Posting views of the Pope amongst others. 

On the basis of claims of violence perpetrated in US universities in that post, with these sources as " evidence " of which I saw no evidence of protestors being violent in the video contained in those " tweets "

All of a sudden there is outrage about the supposed violence committed by protestors. 

This is a country who has a history of shooting and killing their students who protest at their universities.

Texas 

Texas Prosecutor declines to charge student protestors at UT Austin.

https://thehill.com/homenews/education/4622482-texas-student-protesters-arrests-ut-austin-israel/

Reading the article, the charges were in relation to trespass not violence. 

Fuckin hysterical reaction to a bunch of bullshit.

ok dude hide this mess behind some spoilers.  That's an insane amount of spam even if it is used to justify your argument, that's insane

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1