Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

On 4/23/2024 at 9:18 AM, D.B Cooper said:

You promote communism.  

Why would being called a communist be abuse?    
I don’t find it offensive to call someone a liberal, con, commie, etc…..  

You continue to make these giant posts and if someone doesn’t agree with you, which most don’t because you are a commie, you start to question their humanity and if they are even decent people or not.  

You can’t sit there and pass judgment like you are better than anyone, then get mad when someone calls you a whiney communist.  

I would find it *EXTREMELY* offensive if you called me a Leaffan.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
  • chaos 1

4 hours ago, Ilunga said:

A nice dose of Islamaphobia.

Muslim cultures do not value life ?

Here in Aus our closest neighbour, Indonesia, is the fourth largest country on this planet in regards to population.

It is a Muslim country.

It has one of the lowest murder rates in the World.

I went out with a beautiful Indonesian woman for a few years.

Highly intelligent, masters degree in languages.

And for your information the mass killings in Indonesia in 1965 - 66, described by some as Politicide, was a purge by the Suharto government of communists.

And check out the perpetrators

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indonesian_mass_killings_of_1965–66

Indonesian army  and death squads supported by, the United States, the United Kingdom and other western governments.

Here is yet another Isreali voice that does not promote this kind of BS. 

https://www.npr.org/2024/04/12/1244265663/why-israel-is-losing-the-war-of-global-public-opinion-over-its-tactics-in-gaza

And Ex head of the Shin Bet Ami Aylon. 

Aylon:

" The major mistake our leaders did on the on the second or third day after the October 7, our cabinet ministers decided not to discuss the day after. Once we do not know how to describe the day after, we do not have any concept of victory, you know, war is only a means to achieve a better political reality. This is the definition of victory. Our leaders did not understand that when we fight a war against a Terror - ideological, theological, radical terror organisation we are fighting in two dimensions. One is the battlefield but in order to defeat Hamas, we have to win the war of ideas. And we cannot do it with military power. The only way to do it is create or present a better idea.

Can that still happen ?

Aylon 

Of course, the first question we have to ask is why is Hamas fighting. My answer is very, very simple. They see themselves as a people. We do not recognise them as a people who deserve a self determination and a state alongside Israel, but what Biden is telling us now - and I believe that he is totally right - that we have to launch again the negotiation in order to create hope among Palestinians. 

Can I ask, based on your experience 

as the former director of the Israeli security agency, did the scale of the October 7 attack surprise you ?

Aylon 

No, it did not surprise me, because 50 years earlier, on the 6 of October, the October war started, and we lost 2000 and almost 700 people. After what we learned after Yom Kippur is that our security doctrine should be based on, yes, a major and very powerful military organisation, IDF, but in addition we have to use diplomacy and this is something we forgot. I think that most Israelis do not understand that victory for Israel is to see, on the other side of the border, a Palestinian state, because once they will have a state, they will have something to lose, and if I learn something in the Shin Bet, the most dangerous enemy is an enemy that has nothing to lose. This is exactly what we saw on 7 of October.

The leader of the democrats in the United States, Chuck Schumer, said recently that, you know, be feels that Netanyahu needs to step down, that a new government needs to take place in order to achieve these results. Do you agree with that ?

Aylon 

I totally agree. I think that Netanyahu is a great leader, but this is a leader who leads his people to a dead end. He is leading us to the end of Zionism. If we shall follow Netanyahu, we shall go on, you know, building settlements, and we shall face an ongoing war, that nobody, nobody knows will end. The only way for us, first of all, to defeat Hamas, because for Hamas, it's a nightmare - this is the end of the dream of Greater Palestine, we have to present a better future in which most Palestinians believe. 

Do you have hope that a better day will be possible ?

Aylon 

Yes, I have hope, because I was the deputy, then the commander of the Navy and, later, the director of the Israeli Shin Bet. I was sitting with Palestinians who are in our jails. We saw them as terrorists, but they became my friends, you know Jibril Rajoub and Mohammad Dahlan - and we cooperated. And they told me everyday, we are doing everything in order to stop terror, Jewish terror, Palestinian terror, just because we believe that on the end of the road, we shall see, we shall have our freedom, our state alongside Israel. The moment that our people will not believe, forget about us. And if you ask me what happened, when the diplomacy collapsed, this is exactly what happened. They lost hope, and when they do not have hope, we shall not have security. "

@Bob Long 

Are these not the ideas I promote ?

its also what I and others have been saying too, there's a lot more going on in Israel than Bibi's vision of things. From what I've read, a majority of people in Israel want to stop the far right nonsense and live peacefully in a 2 state situation.

One of the big barriers I see though is how to get Hamas to step aside for an actual democracy to take root in Gaza. Still not sure how that actually happens. Maybe it takes a UN occupation for a while? one that can control the nonsense and allow a normal life and stable system to take hold. Not sure. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Sorry Bob.  You left your reaction after I realized that I somehow double posted.  Feel free to move it down one post.

I'm just stunned at the level of... I don't even know the correct word... whats going on now on some campuses. Iran must be thrilled. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

And this lady is living safely tucked away in her fancy college town US house. It’s interesting how people living these comfortable and safe lives here seem to be experts on what’s happening in Israel and Gaza. Maybe these “experts” should go live a life they seem to be experts on? 

Irony.

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 hours ago, Bob Long said:

its also what I and others have been saying too, there's a lot more going on in Israel than Bibi's vision of things. From what I've read, a majority of people in Israel want to stop the far right nonsense and live peacefully in a 2 state situation.

One of the big barriers I see though is how to get Hamas to step aside for an actual democracy to take root in Gaza. Still not sure how that actually happens. Maybe it takes a UN occupation for a while? one that can control the nonsense and allow a normal life and stable system to take hold. Not sure. 

What I was referring to was Aylon's comments about giving the Palestinians hope, giving them ideas.

That if they were given a state of their own, the BS might stop. Because they would have something to lose.

Lol "siege"

It's like 20 tents and 30 unwashed idiots.

Bit heavy handed considering what's happening in Gaza and the West bank

But that's none of my business 

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Lol "siege"

But heavy handed considering what's happening in Gaza and the West bank

Exactly, it’s none of your business…

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Lol "siege"

But heavy handed considering what's happening in Gaza and the West bank

You should see the camp for Yemen. 

15 hours ago, Ilunga said:

What I was referring to was Aylon's comments about giving the Palestinians hope, giving them ideas.

That if they were given a state of their own, the BS might stop. Because they would have something to lose.

Firstly, the Palestinians have a state. The Palestinian state is recognized by 2/3 of UN member states as the government of a Palestinian state. The issue is what land the Palestinian state controls.

Palestinians were offered a state on 100% of the Gaza Strip and 95%  (plus land swaps) of the West Bank. They instead voted Hamas into power soon after. Hamas has sworn to totally destroy Israel and stated any deals they make with Israel will be temporary at best while they prepare for Israel's total destruction.

When you have a state, responsibilities also come with that. You can't just act like a terrorist organization and constantly attack your members. Any single attack is an act of war.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RomanPer said:

Exactly, it’s none of your business…

If we weren't sending support/arms that might be true. But as we do we sure as fuck get to have an opinion. 

EDIT: I wanted to add that in the overall scheme of things our support is minor...but still 😄 

Edited by Gnarcore
  • ThereItIs 1

Hey Mom.  Hey Dad.  You know that school that you've paid well into the 6 figures for me to attend the last few years?  Good news!  It was all for naught because I've been expelled because I chose to be a law breaking twit and broke into, cause damage to, and occupy a building that I refused to leave...

GMbl9byXoAALY5g?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Hey Mom.  Hey Dad.  You know that school that you've paid well into the 6 figures for me to attend the last few years?  Good news!  It was all for naught because I've been expelled because I chose to be a law breaking twit and broke into, cause damage to, and occupy a building that I refused to leave...

GMbl9byXoAALY5g?format=jpg&name=900x900

It’s clear these protesters have a deep passion for what they believe. Being expelled from school will free them up to go to the region they have this passion for and make a difference. 

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s clear these protesters have a deep passion for what they believe. Being expelled from school will free them up to go to the region they have this passion for and make a difference. 

They'll be going to a non-ivy league private college that let's anyone in.  Then they better hope that wherever they go to apply to work doesn't look too deeply into their history.  Workplaces aren't eager to hire troublemakers.  That's why some of those Columbia University students were hiding their faces while others were yelling at people to not take their picture.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

They'll be going to a non-ivy league private college that let's anyone in.  Then they better hope that wherever they go to apply to work doesn't look too deeply into their history.  Workplaces aren't eager to hire troublemakers.  That's why some of those Columbia University students were hiding their faces while others were yelling at people to not take their picture.

Freedom to protest, but no freedom from consequences. 

The ‘kids’ are getting a life lesson. 

• ThereItIs 2