Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Wow....this happened in Toronto.....

Real tough guys shooting at a girls school and then running away. Hope the RCMP catch these cowards and they are put in jail for a very long time. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Real tough guys shooting at a girls school and then running away. Hope the RCMP catch these cowards and they are put in jail for a very long time. 

But hey, 'river to sea' feels good to chant, right?

• Confused 1

Islamic state kills several tourist groups in Afghanistan.  Anti Taliban, go figure, groups surging in search of their own power. As unrest builds towards more civil war.

I debate there is a common theme. To, say, power struggles between the PLO and Hamas 30 years ago?

31 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Famine in Gaza setting in.

When Bibi goes to Hell, he might just take it over. 

Is he trying to create conditions so bad that he hopes Gazans will rise up against Hamas? 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Is he trying to create conditions so bad that he hopes Gazans will rise up against Hamas? 

I dont know. 

Seems to be having the opposite effect. He is likely inspiring more sympathy and support fror Hamas for generations to come. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I dont know. 

Seems to be having the opposite effect. He is likely inspiring more sympathy and support fror Hamas for generations to come. 

Yea if it is part of his strategy, it seems like a bad one.

Dunno, it's maybe time for us to send the UN to act as a moderating force?

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Yea if it is part of his strategy, it seems like a bad one.

Dunno, it's maybe time for us to send the UN to act as a moderating force?

Maybe it is time to try something different. 

Long overdue. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Something something something

They deserved it?

Or are we doing something different now?

Its a somewhat balanced news story.  Talks about carnage and Israeli claims regarding the hit.  

Depends on who we is, something something something...

19 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Its a somewhat balanced news story.  Talks about carnage and Israeli claims regarding the hit.  

Depends on who we is, something something something...

We both know what I am saying and suggesting.

This is not the first camp that has been struck and it won't be the last.  The justifications are the exact same.

When is enough enough?

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

We both know what I am saying and suggesting.

This is not the first camp that has been struck and it won't be the last.  The justifications are the exact same.

When is enough enough?

Your saying the Israeli's should take the high road and stop bombing?

Well, I'm saying they should take the high road and stop bombing. Not sure your describing it as the high road.

These things are outside our control. Aside from protests.

It would be equally helpful if Hamas gave back some all the hostages.  I am also saying this should occur.

https://youtu.be/2yYtQJ71Rkg  Where is Noah?  A Forensic examination of her kidnapping & what it says about the crisis.

When is enough enough?

I am saying a one sided view of the conflict is singular pressure. When there is more than one guilty party.

• MillerTime 1

So the international criminal court has called for the arrest of both Netanyahu & Sinwar.

Also Putin.  South Africa specifically raised the challenge calling for Bibi's arrest. Yet said it would not arrest Putin. 

Even the courts are factional! Politically inept, unempowered. 

My view @Warhippy is pressure on both sides. Surrounding nations also, with it being worth noting these nations have been both territorial & under pressure. Historically & in the present. They do not want the refugee's, certainly not the militants. My view people who want peace for Palestinians, its fair to ask Israel to retreat? Must also ask Hamas to step away from power! Not doing so is ignoring a portion of justice required. Call for international help in managing a non militant nation for Palestinians. 

8 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Your saying the Israeli's should take the high road and stop bombing?

Well, I'm saying they should take the high road and stop bombing. Not sure your describing it as the high road.

These things are outside our control. Aside from protests.

It would be equally helpful if Hamas gave back some all the hostages.  I am also saying this should occur.

https://youtu.be/2yYtQJ71Rkg  Where is Noah?  A Forensic examination of her kidnapping & what it says about the crisis.

When is enough enough?

I am saying a one sided view of the conflict is singular pressure. When there is more than one guilty party.

Hamas has been selective about which hostages they return. They are likely trying to cover up abuse. If those 4 Israeli girls are dead and/or come back mutilated or with rape stories, it would look Hamas look very badly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taxi said:

Hamas has been selective about which hostages they return. They are likely trying to cover up abuse. If those 4 Israeli girls are dead and/or come back mutilated or with rape stories, it would look Hamas look very badly.

There are plenty of hostages already back with bad stories.  Including as bodies. Including where the pathology tells the story they cannot.

My point was there should never have been something positive to gain by taking civilians hostage.  Hippy is 100% correct, as was Ilunga, that Israel has been far too indiscriminate. If there is a militant leader in a compound?  Its a bomb that kills 20, including women and children that seems to land. There are certainly 5 times too many bodies to suggest this is anything true. But it remains a war they, Israel, did not specifically initiate. It remains a war where those civilians are still held.  Hamas has no credibility.

Example launching missiles from Rafah yesterday.

If they (Hamas) are hiding under my house in Gaza, I have to leave.  Which exposes me and my family subject to food and hunger issues. Refugee camps, marches through war zones. Not to mention retribution from Hamas themselves.  Sinwar is well known for punishing those who are seen as sympathizers, not part of the cause. Its a tough place for their citizens. They need mercy, restraint.

They also need for public opinion to call out Hamas. While no one will return hostages, while Hamas still launches missiles at Tel Aviv?  Israel will not stop.

If there were calls for Israel to grant mercy, but Hamas to set down their arms. Return hostages. The pressure would fully mount on Israel. 

The real reason they do not return hostages is they are two things.  Human shields. Human fodder.

• Like 1

I wonder how many people would’ve seriously reacted if you were forced out of your home and neighbourhood, denied basic medical care and human rights, denied the right to travel, constantly being air striked or bombed by an occupying entity, for generations, while having to navigate through life in these sorts of conditions and circumstances. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Odd. said:

I wonder how many people would’ve seriously reacted if you were forced out of your home and neighbourhood, denied basic medical care and human rights, denied the right to travel, constantly being air striked or bombed by an occupying entity, for generations, while having to navigate through life in these sorts of conditions and circumstances. 

I wonder how many people would've seriously reacted if you had neighbors whose main goal in life would be to kill you and all your family and friends, pretend to be your friends only to use your moment of complacency to stick a knife in your back. See how easy it is to switch the narrative? Neither your statement nor mine are 100% correct, but both use emotions of people who only read headlines.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

29 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

I wonder how many people would've seriously reacted if you had neighbors whose main goal in life would be to kill you and all your family and friends, pretend to be your friends only to use your moment of complacency to stick a knife in your back. See how easy it is to switch the narrative? Neither your statement nor mine are 100% correct, but both use emotions of people who only read headlines.

Is that what happened in 1948? Palestinians just got up and started stabbing Jews they lived with for decades prior? I wonder what possibly happened that year.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Odd. said:

Is that what happened in 1948? Palestinians just got up and started stabbing Jews they lived with for decades prior? I wonder what possibly happened that year.

Rawanda?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Odd. said:

No, it was Jews who lived there for several millennia just started stabbing Arabs, right? Or perhaps some pogroms that happened in that part of the world in 20s and 30s? Do you even see my point? Or in your mind Jews is the root of all problems? It seems like you keep on trying to drive that message…

Edited by RomanPer