Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

49 minutes ago, eeeeeeeeergh said:

Russia has been one of the few countries that’s vocally and aggressively advocated

Russia only advocates for things they get a cut on, have a vested interest.  I state this even though a Palestinian state should & needs to be a goal.  What Putin wants is control over the region.  Its why he backs Asaad next door.

They claim the Wagner backed coup against Mali's just elected govt was akin to freedom for its people.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

That's exactly what was and is happening. France has dealt with a lot of rioting lately, they probably would rather just nip it in the bud instead of trying to separate bad actors from people showing solidarity with Palestinian civilians.

France has been dealing with a lot rioting and looting for the last 2 years so signaling out one group will be a flashpoint. 

This is just gonna cause more open defiance and make things worse. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

I know you don't want to have a conversation here about it, but at least read this article. Al Jazeera tends to be a very fair source when it comes to just reporting facts: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/10/12/russia-israel-hamas

I figure Al Jazeera would be subject to bias in regard to this conflict.

Just now, The Lock said:

I read the article though to make sure it was stating facts and it was.

Good to know in regards to said story. I understand that they are endowed by Qatar who support and have ties with Hamas. It kind of makes me iffy going in, like I would with Times of Israel. I do know bias doesn’t always equate to dishonest reporting but it’s always good to make sure. 

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Good to know in regards to said story. I understand that they are endowed by Qatar who support and have ties with Hamas. It kind of makes me iffy going in, like I would with Times of Israel. I do know bias doesn’t always equate to dishonest reporting but it’s always good to make sure. 

Which, if you think about it, I'm using that article to show that Putin is quietly on Hamas' side; therefore, there's kind of a purposefulness there as even a new outlet out of Qatar is implying it by just stating the facts.

Edited by The Lock

44 minutes ago, 24K said:

Macron showing clear bias here. Unless the rally contains cheering of Israeli deaths and active cheering of Hamas (should be dispersed and those participating be dealt with to the highest extent of the law), they should not be banned for advocating for Palestianian civilians. 

The reason they give of this causing unrest also applies to pro Israeli demonstrations as both jews and muslims make a good portion of their population. Both should be curbed if they go this route. Doing it to only one side is just going to anger the other and be counter productive. 

I hate to say it but lot of these pro Palestine rallies contain such stuff.

For example in Sydney Australia they were chanting “gas the Jews”

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Russia only advocates for things they get a cut on, have a vested interest.  I state this even though a Palestinian state should & needs to be a goal.  What Putin wants is control over the region.  Its why he backs Asaad next door.

They claim the Wagner backed coup against Mali's just elected govt was akin to freedom for its people.

Tbh I think the reality is a lot more complex than that 

If I had to guess, it’s more about keeping Chechnya happy and on side with Russia, which has been achieved. One of the biggest threats to Russia would come from Kadyrov and Chechnya creating domestic problems. 

as a foreign power, Theres nothing really to gain in the Arab world by advocating for Palestinian rights. Saudi Arabia and the Arab world have already made it clear they’ll do business with you even if you’re extreme pro Israel (e.g. the USA). Advocating for Palestinians only costs you opportunities in political relationships with Israel (which are extremely lucrative, as China has discovered). 

I caution anyone who dismisses it as  it’s as simple as “Putin is doing this to stir the pot” 

also not talking about you, but more generally because I see this a lot- I think it’s probably incorrect to label the west as good and the east (China and Russia, Iran etc ) as bad 

any serious study of the past 100 years into the specific actions taken by countries, how geopolitical situations have evolved would find just about every country acting in its own interest, often to the detriment of others. The west probably being more guilty of this than the east, on balance, by most metrics (civilians killed, human rights abuses, etc)

13 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I hate to say it but lot of these pro Palestine rallies contain such stuff.

For example in Sydney Australia they were chanting “gas the Jews”

I also hate to say it but there are also calls for effective Palestianian genocide on the other side that goes unreported. There will be hateful idiots on both sides.

This is a cluster fuck so the smart thing is to ban it all rather than signal one group out if they are going that route. 

Edited by 24K

12 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Police around the world are making preparations for it just in case. Even here in Vancouver. 

so stupid they bring there drama to our streets, nothing we can do about it, but no they will protest and than riot or cause violence towards canadian citizens , this is why im against allowing more refugeees in, we help them give them tons of money, roof over there head, and how they repay us with protests and violence ....god , canadians who are born here are still on the streets and starving, but refugees are fed and have a roof over there head, makes no sense..and i wlll never accept it.

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

I wish I would be able to not see the ignored user's posts in the other people's responses also 🙂 

If you want to see their posts... then unblock them.  Seems simple enough to me. Not sure why you struggle with this. 

I want to  see everyone's opinions.  Even those that think completely different than me.  I still want to try to understand their opinions.  I guess thats just me. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Déjà Vu said:

so stupid they bring there drama to our streets, nothing we can do about it, but no they will protest and than riot or cause violence towards canadian citizens , this is why im against allowing more refugeees in, we help them give them tons of money, roof over there head, and how they repay us with protests and violence ....god , canadians who are born here are still on the streets and starving, but refugees are fed and have a roof over there head, makes no sense..and i wlll never accept it.

It’s not good practice to assume the worst of things(nor the best but for different reasons). Don’t let assumptions like this fester in your head. It’s not good for you mentally. It will make view things through a skewed lens. 

Mentally you should be prepared for anything in this instance. 

1 hour ago, Inkidu said:

What's this I hear about tomorrow, friday the 13th, being declared world jihad day? Is this serious? 

RCMP aware of online threats to Canada's Jewish community, calls for 'increased vigilance'

Local police in GTA and Vancouver say they've increased patrols near Jewish places of worship

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/rcamp-aware-online-threats-jewish-community-1.6994301

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, moosehead said:

All media has bias.   Every media source from any country has bias.    That is why it is important to search out a variety of sources for our info. 

Yeah they most do and I agree but there's one point I would expand upon. heavy bias from media is mostly grounded to what’s going on in what area of the world the media is from. That’s where bias affects the most. 

That’s the bias I am going to be iffy on. Just like I am iffy on US/Canadian media when talking about controversial topics/claims/reporting in US/Canada. Bias is at its biggest the closer to home you are. 

In the case of Israel/Hamas/Geopolitical nations these biases are gonna be put at an extreme level and caution is especially needed here. 

Not saying not to believe anything when bias is heavy but always do you due diligence. 

Another thing which in contrast to what I said in this and other serious and divisive situations is that Hamas/Israel/geopolitical nations are also gonna have the most knowledge on the situation at hand!  

It makes for a conundrum. For bias smart/cunning/deceitful people, groups or even news outlets could use that fact to their advantage to fool others! 

I am speaking in a very general sense, even thinking throughout the general history of the world in relation to what I have said but I am going off on a tangent and getting way off topic here. 

Just know I agree with you and make sure peeps to do your due diligence and try not to get fooled(myself included). 

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

RCMP aware of online threats to Canada's Jewish community, calls for 'increased vigilance'

Local police in GTA and Vancouver say they've increased patrols near Jewish places of worship

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/rcamp-aware-online-threats-jewish-community-1.6994301

If there are Canadians who are so moved by what’s happening in Israel snd Gaza they want to fight then go there and do it. Don’t do that here. Canada first. Peaceful demonstrations here. Feel the need to fight; go to where they’re fighting. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, eeeeeeeeergh said:

You’re not wrong there will be no peace with extremists in charge

That means Hamas needs to go, and Netanyahu needs to go too. Israel needs to go back to a PM like Ehud Barak and Hamas needs to be exterminated and replaced with Fatah or a similar organization 

The trouble with Fatah was, as this article from back in 2006 states, corruption, nepotism and mismanagement  

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2006/jan/24/israel

There is only one way this conflict will end.

When the Palestinian people have freedom, have security, have all the things we take for granted in our societies.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Déjà Vu said:

All refugees or are you talking about specifically just Palestinians? Have they had a history of violent riots and protests in Canada?

I havent heard that.

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1