Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

They are really priming the whole colonialism angle. 

Please let us know how this turns out.

Maybe our schools should stick to teaching the three R’s and skills. Leave the propaganda out of classrooms. 

Just now, Alflives said:

Maybe our schools should stick to teaching the three R’s and skills. Leave the propaganda out of classrooms. 

Or at least include a discussion of Hamas. Maybe they did? I'd like to hear the full story on the lesson. No questions about Hamas tho in what Roman posted.

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Or at least include a discussion of Hamas. Maybe they did? I'd like to hear the full story on the lesson. No questions about Hamas tho in what Roman posted.

These kids are grade six. How programmed will they be by grade 12 if this kind of nonsense is being pushed on them? 
I wonder if schools think Judaism and Christianity are fair game but Islam isn’t? It would be interesting to know the answer, that’s for sure. 

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

These kids are grade six. How programmed will they be by grade 12 if this kind of nonsense is being pushed on them? 
I wonder if schools think Judaism and Christianity are fair game but Islam isn’t? It would be interesting to know the answer, that’s for sure. 

Dunno... I think it has more to do with white vs brown. 

Posted (edited)

I'm pretty sure I posted about this guy a while back.

He had written names of famous muslim UFC/MMA fighters on a missile.

He just survived an assassination attempt in UKR.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/news-israeli-mma-fighter-haim-gozali-claims-received-murder-threats-khamzat-chimaev-khabib-nurmagomedov-s-associates

BTW, UFC and Dana White are shit. Whether it be supporting guys linked to Kadyrov or walking Trump out during big events...UFC is profiting off, and stoking real serious issues by this mix of sports and politics. 

I'm a big fight fan but I will not give that company a cent.  

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I'm pretty sure I posted about this guy a while back.

He had written names of famous muslim UFC/MMA fighters on a missile.

He just survived an assassination attempt in UKR.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/news-israeli-mma-fighter-haim-gozali-claims-received-murder-threats-khamzat-chimaev-khabib-nurmagomedov-s-associates

BTW, UFC and Dana White are shit. Whether it be supporting guys linked to Kadyrov or walking Trump out during big events...UFC is profiting off, and stoking real serious issues by this mix of sports and politics. 

I'm a big fight fan but I will not give that company a cent.  

It sucks when something you like gets taken by weirdos. How trump could represent masculinity is really odd to me.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Interesting internal politics.  

* Opposition party backing truce deal & willing to lifeline support Bibi, at least temporarily?

* If they go against the Ultra Nationals in their own coalition who oppose the Biden 'Israeli' peace plan...

https://youtu.be/-f_I9SJdVcY

someone has to curb the ultra right, in Israel and everywhere else for that matter. Hope this happens. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

someone has to curb the ultra right, in Israel and everywhere else for that matter. Hope this happens. 

Yes!

Not that right / left is the deciding factor for me. Violent and abusive behaviour.  Ultra Orthodox rampaging, pre Oct 7, through East Jerusalem. Under the guard of the IDF no less, is one of many shocking Israeli antagonistic actions.  By groups who don't believe in the co-existence of Palestinians. Territorial behaviour; 'we own the holy land' not everyone has the right to share their own beliefs. 

Which is as racist as is anti semitic opinions that Jewish people have no place in their holiest places of worship. 

• ThereItIs 1

It would be nice, just strictly my opinions to be mentioned here, for Israel's gov't to be brought down. 

Those in the Ultra right sway too much power in the coalition. Does it / Has it put Jewish interests much more directly on a warpath trajectory? Without a doubt. Have there been, here is that word again, territorial behaviours because of this coalition!  My opinion that settler activity is illegal, and immoral is on record already. Public opinion is also too accepting of this behaviour; perhaps, again my words, indifferent to abuse of Palestinians. Maybe its a historic cuckold?

Jews having suffered so much abuse within living memory of their generations.  Not too mention the reality that most grew up with bomb shelters, security bunkers. Lived through wars, intent to defeat their race, no one first thought Israeli's would win. Now that they are survivors, are considered dominant. Have further suffered terror attacks. It does not justify Israeli abuse of others. 

The alpha males, so to speak, do run amok in Israel. Some would suggest it would be 'leadership' if Bibi stepped down in the name of peace.  I would see it as leadership if he volunteered to sit in front of a jury at the ICC. Mentioning again, its MY opinion. I think they would do fine. At a national / diplomatic level, nobody has volunteered hostages back to Israel. Hamas is on record as going to attack again. And again! Domestically, my opinion is the opposite. Bibi's manipulation of the courts, never mind, I might or might not get back to that. Domestically Israeli courts have to bring down settler activity.  Its corruption for profit. Not necessarily for the average citizen, but the public has been too indifferent that it occurs. So is some of the heavy handed security. In the West Bank, regionally; reporters disappearing, kids throwing rocks being shot. I believe Benjamin would survive at the ICC. Yet Gallant & Bibi both could be incarcerated domestically for combinations of coercion, intimidation that cross boundaries as fraudulent behaviour.  

For the record, Bibi & Gallant noted as being fraudsters does not hold a candle to the massive, overwhelming corruption & dominating controls of Hamas, other militant groups. Who would kill them, all Israelis. Most anyone, including other Muslims in the way for that matter? It still means Israel has a right to defend itself against attacks like Oct 7.  Also against multi factional, multi national interests such as occurred in 1948. Inbetween? Did they / some Israelis take more than they should? Perhaps / probably / definitely varying in scale & circumstance! I also argue restitution should be on the table. Giving land, freedom back. Investing in, not controlling its neighbors. Accountability, responsibility yes! Not that Israel assume a turtled position accepting their sword as a fate.     

Israel has a court system where Bibi can be tried. He would fair much better than Sinwar at the ICC. No one will try Sinwar in Gaza. I suspect he will fall on his own sword in the next few weeks & months, or a mysterious sleeping pill. Justice still occurs.

Not sure grade 6 I'd be talking about any sort of ongoing, serious, or political topics.

These are elementary/middle school students who aren't even teens.

Probably should stick to learning about the history of our country and significant events in the past. 

I hope that the teacher is reprimanded. Just stick to the basics.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Not sure grade 6 I'd be talking about any sort of ongoing, serious, or political topics.

These are elementary/middle school students who aren't even teens.

Probably should stick to learning about the history of our country and significant events in the past. 

I hope that the teacher is reprimanded. Just stick to the basics.

Basic stuff should be discussed.  I agree.  But even dumbing things down to simple basics can leave out all kinds of important information.  

I can remember as an Elementary School student around that age and younger learning about the Challenger explosion (watched it on TV in class) and Chernobyl among other things.  I think we underestimate what students at this age are capable of.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Basic stuff should be discussed.  I agree.  But even dumbing things down to simple basics can leave out all kinds of important information.  

I can remember as an Elementary School student around that age and younger learning about the Challenger explosion (watched it on TV in class) and Chernobyl among other things.  I think we underestimate what students at this age are capable of.  

I was pretty vague with significant events. I meant things like the world wars, figures in history, ancient history, Old wars, etc

I spent a lot learning about ancient history. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I was pretty vague with significant events. I meant things like the world wars, figures in history, ancient history, Old wars, etc

I spent a lot learning about ancient history. 

I agree with you about the historical history. That should be a must. 

However, shouldn’t ongoing history as it’s being made not also be discussed and reflected on historical events? 

‘History’ is a cycle of things that have happened and then after decades, centuries, eons, continue to occur, no? 

History is a ‘cycle’. 

Why aren’t the screen tappers not aware of such things in a way that gets them into the process of our humanity? 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

Pretty fast response from the Burnaby School District

https://burnabyschools.ca/response-to-harmful-exam/

What part of Burnaby? 

Two of the bigger temples are off Canada Way.  There is a larger than average Muslim population base, not necessarily Middle Eastern.  Its twenty years ago, but I had client bases among, friends, attended weddings, ceremonies.  I saw nothing of any extremist views, nevermind activity. For example, by comparison, working in S Vancouver or Richmond, it was not hard to find people open with Sikh fundamentalist views.

I am pretty liberal in my views on education. There is a way of addressing war / conflict not met properly in that test.  Good it was addressed. As opposed to the subject being completely taboo.

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Human rights, or even just dignity, might be a good place to start?  

Cowboys and Indians was kindergarten stuff, aboriginal views already a hidden issue. Captain America not exactly a great way to introduce kids to global politics. Kids grow up thinking they should shoot bad guys. The net result is I do believe you have to talk about it. 

Probably long before year 6.  It would also be more urgent, probably pointed which is not a great thing, if it was us at war.

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I agree with you about the historical history. That should be a must. 

However, shouldn’t ongoing history as it’s being made not also be discussed and reflected on historical events? 

‘History’ is a cycle of things that have happened and then after decades, centuries, eons, continue to occur, no? 

History is a ‘cycle’. 

Why aren’t the screen tappers not aware of such things in a way that gets them into the process of our humanity? 

Yeah as they get older. In highschool I would open up a lot more opportunity for knowledge and discussion.

I would revamp the highschool system a bit if it were up to me. I have thought about how high-school could be so much better run than it is a lot. 

Kids nowadays I am noticing are less knowledgeable and prepared for the world out of highschool. I finished highschool in 2013 so I grew as technology and social media grew.  People born in the mid-90s are built different. The way the world was changing was doing so as we were.  In-between Gen-Z and Millenials. 

When I have kids I am keeping a phone away from them as long as I humanely can. I got phone when I was a teen and I don't think I turned out too bad(tbd).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

What part of Burnaby? 

Two of the bigger temples are off Canada Way.  There is a larger than average Muslim population base, not necessarily Middle Eastern.  Its twenty years ago, but I had client bases among, friends, attended weddings, ceremonies.  I saw nothing of any extremist views, nevermind activity. For example, by comparison, working in S Vancouver or Richmond, it was not hard to find people open with Sikh fundamentalist views.

I am pretty liberal in my views on education. There is a way of addressing war / conflict not met properly in that test.  Good it was addressed. As opposed to the subject being completely taboo.

Human rights, or even just dignity, might be a good place to start?  

Cowboys and Indians was kindergarten stuff, aboriginal views already a hidden issue. Captain America not exactly a great way to introduce kids to global politics. Kids grow up thinking they should shoot bad guys. The net result is I do believe you have to talk about it. 

Probably long before year 6.  It would also be more urgent, probably pointed which is not a great thing, if it was us at war.

I think basic human interaction, understanding and accepting differences, dignity and decency can occur at a young age. 

Just create a natural environment at the early elementary level where they accept one another and don't treat each other poorly and grow in this sort of environment you introduce certain aspects/history of the world that they have to eventually know that may be ugly they can view it as something silly or unacceptable to them.

That's the first big domino to fall for me. Is for them to grow in their innocence accepting one another then having lived like this then teaching them about the good, the bad and the ugly. They would have already built up a mindset you'd want amongst your students going into it. 

Easier said than done though. There are varying factors outside school that can shape a child's mindset into their teens for better or worse.

Highschool, like I said I would revamp and be a bit more open with certain aspects of the curriculum. There would still need to be the mandatory sort of classes but I wouldn't mind added different sort of classes.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Yeah as they get older. In highschool I would open up a lot more opportunity for knowledge and discussion.

I would revamp the highschool system a bit if it were up to me. I have thought about how high-school could be so much better run than it is a lot. 

Kids nowadays I am noticing are less knowledgeable and prepared for the world out of highschool. I finished highschool in 2013 so I grew as technology and social media grew.  People born in the mid-90s are built different. The way the world was changing was doing so as we were.  In-between Gen-Z and Millenials. 

When I have kids I am keeping a phone away from them as long as I humanely can. I got phone when I was a teen and I don't think I turned out too bad(tbd).

The easiest way imo option is to get rid of standardized testing in 11 and 12. 

Make their test an amalgamation of mathematics/English writing at the very basic of ability, and then taken to a higher level. 

Math and Language skills are expressed in very different and varied ways and though they may not be ‘equal’, they’re equal in Society based on how they’re valued. 

I have a little kiddo. Imagine that.

Can you imagine the ‘good stuff’ I teach my kiddo outside of ‘school’? 

It’s  ‘astronomical’. Literally. 

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I have a little kiddo. Imagine that.

Can you imagine the ‘good stuff’ I teach my kiddo outside of ‘school’? 

It’s  ‘astronomical’. Literally. 

travel is a great teacher too, if its something you can do with your kid. We did a lot with ours, and I really believe it contributed to her not being afraid of trying new things in this world. 

I'm just glad I don't have to deal directly with whats going on in the Burnaby system right now, it's going too far imo. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

travel is a great teacher too, if its something you can do with your kid. We did a lot with ours, and I really believe it contributed to her not being afraid of trying new things in this world. 

I'm just glad I don't have to deal directly with whats going on in the Burnaby system right now, it's going too far imo. 

Agreed!

Traveling around the world is The Best Teacher ever!

I travelled as a teen. Thanks to Dad. 

All around Europe. 

I need to make sure my kiddo gets that experience too. 

Sitting in Canada is fine. Awesome in fact. 

But, taking our kiddos around the world make ‘them’ smarter. 

I know it for a fact. 

• ThereItIs 1