Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

Just now, Ilunga said:

What's more of an important issue to you Jim ?

The problems 625,000 children in Gaza face regarding their education and the trauma they have, and are experiencing ?

Or one questionnaire, in one school in a city in Canada.

I know whose problems are important to me.

I can always hit you with a bigger tragedy post for any issue. Go ahead, name some Aussie issue and I'll find some horror against the aboriginal people there. 

In the meantime, other people would like to actually figure out how to solve a local school issue. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

The problems 625,000 children in Gaza face regarding their education and the trauma they have, and are experiencing ?

Or one questionnaire, in one school in a city in Canada.

It is not one is important and the other is not. It never was FPS! Both are important!

1 minute ago, Kootenay Gold said:

It is not one is important and the other is not. It never was FPS! Both are important!

of course, but some folks make it impossible to address problems when they come along with the "bigger problem" stuff. It makes dealing with some problems impossible. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

of course, but some folks make it impossible to address problems when they come along with the "bigger problem" stuff. It makes dealing with some problems impossible. 

Sorry about the misquote. The original post was from @Ilunga.

Just now, Bob Long said:

I can always hit you with a bigger tragedy post for any issue. Go ahead, name some Aussie issue and I'll find some horror against the aboriginal people there. 

In the meantime, other people would like to actually figure out how to solve a local school issue. 

This a thread about the conflict/war in Gaza. 

Not a thread about Burnaby or anywhere in Canada. 

You believe that something that is happening half a world away in one classroom is more relevant to the conflict in Gaza, than what is happening to 625,000 children in Gaza, who have not only been deprived of an education, but have been traumatized beyond belief. 

Start a thread about the horrors and genocide that both our nation's have committed on our first nations people. 

I have brought these facts up in the past. 

I would love to discuss them.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

This a thread about the conflict/war in Gaza. 

Not a thread about Burnaby or anywhere in Canada. 

you don't get to decide whats relevant in this thread. 

You believe that something that is happening half a world away in one classroom is more relevant to the conflict in Gaza, than what is happening to 625,000 children in Gaza, who have not only been deprived of an education, but have been traumatized beyond belief. 

which is something I never said. 

But what you did was minimize a legitimate issue with your usual trauma trumping. You don't have a more legitimate opinion because you claim to care more than the rest of us. 

Start a thread about the horrors and genocide that both our nation's have committed on our first nations people. 

I have brought these facts up in the past. 

I would love to discuss them.

I'm sure you would. 

Edited by Bob Long

10 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I propose that the issues facing 625,000 Gazan kids are far more important than a single " questionnaire " in a school in Burnaby. 

Get Hamas to the table.  I encourage all wishing the best for Palestinian children to withdraw support for Hamas.

Sinwar wants to keep hostages. Take more.

Like Trump he plays the negative public opinion for support.  Please stop Israel; so I won't let my men rape hostages. Hide ammo dumps under schools. Speaking of aid; Hamas gunmen are estimated to take under gunpoint nearly as much as 1/3rd before dissipated to starving.  

Its not that you support Hamas directly. If you want to help?  Quit getting played. Even if you stop allowing their message in a Burnaby school?  Call on Palestinians who 'want to fight?' To guard aid when it arrives & fight Hamas.  When Palestinians have control, over their own territory?   It has a hope for peace. 

While hostages are a pawn for Sinwar to stay in power.  If you seed this position you are simply asking for him to use more children & grandparents as shields.

Just now, Bob Long said:

you don't get to decide whats relevant in this thread. 

which is something I never said. 

But what you did was minimize a legitimate issue with your usual trauma trumping. You don't have a more legitimate option because you claim to care more than the rest of us. 

I'm sure you would. 

So far all I have seen is you arguing with me for bringing up what has, and is happening to the kids in Gaza. 

You haven't even bothered to express how you feel about what the kids in Gaza are going through.

All you want to do is argue about what is relevant, and what is not. 

Like it's pretty simple to me.

If what is happening to the kids in Gaza upsets you, why don't you express that ?

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

So far all I have seen is you arguing with me for bringing up what has, and is happening to the kids in Gaza. 

You haven't even bothered to express how you feel about what the kids in Gaza are going through.

All you want to do is argue about what is relevant, and what is not. 

Like it's pretty simple to me.

If what is happening to the kids in Gaza upsets you, why don't you express that ?

I'm putting you back on ignore, honestly I can't take your constant attempts to prove how much more you care. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I'm putting you back on ignore, honestly I can't take your constant attempts to prove how much more you care. 

Where have I stated I care more than you ?

I haven't. 

All I stated was that you have argued with me for bringing up what is actually happening in Gaza, in a discussion/thread that is about Gaza.

6 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Some random dude who has a history of promoting myths, or the word of 20 aid agencies. 

I will believe what the 20 aid agencies state. 

People who are actually on the ground in the war zone.

Not some random half a world away in Canada. 

And what what  " evidence from Hamas " about Green houses are you talking about Roman ?

New York Times dude 

" Israeli Settlers Demolish Greenhouses and Gaza Jobs "

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/15/world/middleeast/israeli-settlers-demolish-greenhouses-and-gaza-jobs.html

You double down on your BS even when it is debunked by a legitimate source.

This illustrates you have zero credibility. 

I’m sure you know all about zero credibility…

54 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

I’m sure you know all about zero credibility…

Oh burn. 

I don't quote mythical texts and make BS claims, you claiming the New York Times is " Hamas evidence ".

Like have the courage to admit you were/are wrong.

You were told not to " flame " people who provide evidence from reputable sources. 

But there are special rules for you right ?

You can tell people, " you will ram their heads into their own piss ",  tell people to eff off, and it's all good. 

All things you have said in this thread. 

That illustrates what sort of person you are.

On 2/16/2024 at 10:58 AM, RomanPer said:

I'm actually glad they are posting it - they are revealing their true antisemitic colors without realizing it. And I'll be happy to be there, along the way, sticking their faces into their own piss...

Here is Roman at his finest.

Truly a nice way to talk to people on what is meant to be a family forum.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ilunga said:

What's more of an important issue?

Or?

Let hate messages develop until you have to negotiate with this...  

Lets let Hamas teach their curriculum? This is how they conduct war, who it develops!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Or?

Lets let Hamas teach their curriculum? This is how they conduct war, who it develops!

Point out the fact that 650,000 kids have lost their education system, been traumatized beyond belief.

Have been forced to see and endure things that no child should have to see or endure, and people just argue with you. 

This is a Vancouver Canucks message board.  Most of the posters are located in the Vancouver and surrounding areas.  So, it is of total relevance to be talking about what is happening in the Vancouver area as it relates to the war in Gaza.  It's been happening since 400 pages ago.  Anyone who is trying to minimize the conflict to just the Gaza area is not doing any justice to the war IMO.  The war is affecting the entire world, not just the Gaza area.

We all understand what is happening in Gaza.  A true tragedy, especially for the children in Gaza.  We all hope this war ends soon and both Hamas and Bibi are soon gone from this earth.  Nobody is downplaying anything that is happening in Gaza simply by talking about what is going on in our local schools.  We should be able to talk about what is happening locally without being subjected to antagonistic posts that try to portray Vancouver posters as being insensitive and not caring about what is happening at ground zero in Gaza.

@Ilunga You are free to speak about anything happening in the war, even events that are happening in Australia.  You are also free to challenge anyone on their posts about the war and about the events happening in Gaza.  However, I think you are totally offside to challenge local posters and claim that because we are talking about a local event that affects us personally and quite frankly has nothing to do with you, that you should be throwing mud at our faces and being insensitive to what is happening locally in Vancouver.

I'm sorry, but this is the truth from my heart.  I know you care Dave and I know your true intentions.  But please don't minimize a local posters intention simply because we are talking about a local event and not every one of our posts are talking about the children in Gaza and the horrific tragedy they are suffering as a result of the war.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This is a Vancouver Canucks message board.  Most of the posters are located in the Vancouver and surrounding areas.  So, it is of total relevance to be talking about what is happening in the Vancouver area as it relates to the war in Gaza.  It's been happening since 400 pages ago.  Anyone who is trying to minimize the conflict to just the Gaza area is not doing any justice to the war IMO.  The war is affecting the entire world, not just the Gaza area.

We all understand what is happening in Gaza.  A true tragedy, especially for the children in Gaza.  We all hope this war ends soon and both Hamas and Bibi are soon gone from this earth.  Nobody is downplaying anything that is happening in Gaza simply by talking about what is going on in our local schools.  We should be able to talk about what is happening locally without being subjected to antagonistic posts that try to portray Vancouver posters as being insensitive and not caring about what is happening at ground zero in Gaza.

@Ilunga You are free to speak about anything happening in the war, even events that are happening in Australia.  You are also free to challenge anyone on their posts about the war and about the events happening in Gaza.  However, I think you are totally offside to challenge local posters and claim that because we are talking about a local event that affects us personally and quite frankly has nothing to do with you, that you should be throwing mud at our faces and being insensitive to what is happening locally in Vancouver.

I'm sorry, but this is the truth from my heart.  I know you care Dave and I know your true intentions.  But please don't minimize a local posters intention simply because we are talking about a local event and not every one of our posts are talking about the children in Gaza and the horrific tragedy they are suffering as a result of the war.  

Not every post is talking about what is happening to the kids in Gaza ?

I am the only one that has brought up what is happening to the kids in Gaza.

It is other people who are actually minimising what is happening to them. 

One of the replies to my post that detailed the horrors that the children have, and are going through in Gaza was 

" what actual use is this to the Burnaby curriculum or what is appropriate for grade 6 "

I hope that kids all around the world are being informed by their parents and their educators what is happening to their counterparts in Gaza.

And the reasons why. 

Also the ongoing history behind this never ending conflict.

This article is about why we should talk to our kids this never ending conflict, and why it is just as important to learn about this as a child, as it was for us to learn about the holocaust. 

The article also gives some tips on how to help you do this with your children.

https://www.npr.org/2023/10/11/1205017249/how-to-talk-to-children-violence-israeli-palestinian-gaza-hamas

" Children, even those who are quite young, can handle complex topics. Parents need not shy away from explaining historical context to their children said Masha Bali, a professor for practice at the centre for Learning and Teaching at the American University in Cairo. 

During a previous outbreak of violence between Hamas and Israel in 2021, Bali realised that her 9 year old daughter had already read about Anne Frank and the Holocaust - but she hadn't yet learned the history about Palestine. "

Just like in this article, I can vividly remember reading the diary of Anne Frank when I was in grade 4, the same age as the child that is mentioned in that article, over 50 years ago.

And while it did horrify me, it also reinforced my belief that we should treat others the way we ourselves want to be treated.

From the article Elias, the last Paragraph.

" Children have a beautiful ability - one that adults sometimes lack - to look head on in the face of violence and still believe in the bottom of their hearts in the future possibility of peace and of coexistence and of resolution to this conflict "

Who has been the only poster who has in this thread posted articles/videos about Isrealis and Palestinians working together for a peaceful solution Elias ?

Videos and articles about Palestinians and Isrealis forgiving each other for what many would think is unforgivable. 

It's what I was taught and what I learned as a child that made me the person I am today.

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Or?

Or?

Lets let Israelis teach their curriculum? This is how they conduct war, who it develops!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-65812442

A two-year-old Palestinian boy has died four days after being shot in the head by Israeli forces.

image.thumb.png.a9541d44ca736533a54ed41901cbc355.png

Don't @ me with that.  Why teach one side, why not teach both?  The victors always write the histories right?  Or are we just going to ignore that this conflict has atrocities on both sides and piss and moan about one teacher or small area of the world teaching a differing point of view than the endless fucking victimhood we see while we ignore how they continue to commit these evils while sympathies get played on

There is no right side here let's not pretend anything BUT the reality that is occurring is that both sides are murdering innocents, but only one side seems to get a free pass and arms to do so by the world while the other is villified for basically doing the same things, but in a less civil manner

Edited by Warhippy
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Or?

Lets let Israelis teach their curriculum? This is how they conduct war, who it develops!

A two-year-old Palestinian boy has died four days after being shot in the head by Israeli forces.

Don't @ me with that.  Why teach one side, why not teach both?  The victors always write the histories right?  Or are we just going to ignore that this conflict has atrocities on both sides and piss and moan about one teacher or small area of the world teaching a differing point of view than the endless fucking victimhood we see while we ignore how they continue to commit these evils while sympathies get played on

There is no right side here let's not pretend anything BUT the reality that is occurring is that both sides are murdering innocents, but only one side seems to get a free pass and arms to do so by the world while the other is villified for basically doing the same things, but in a less civil manner

An Israeli soldier shot a 2 year old in the head on purpose?

Sorry If I am a disbeliever.  There are crimes that are disconcerting.  Aid workers, reporters. I won't be the one to avoid acknowledging actual fact. Settlers...

And, I don't know if you have been watching any news much?  There is heaps of pressure on Israel. Israel is under pressure in spite of specific attacks targeting their civilians. Israel is being told to leave Hamas alone because of civilian casualties.  I personally call for a siege, not forgiveness or an all out attack of Hamas. Its not up to me though.  

If you were in school; you would get a please explain yourself!  Please tell me how Hamas is doing the same thing in a civil manner?

That suggestion is daft.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Or?

A teacher in an elementary school in Burnaby has no right to ask 11 year old children if Israel has a right to exist. Especially when some of those kids were Jewish. Full stop. Not even a discussion. The fact that you and Dave thinks it is okay or are trying to minimize it is quite disturbing to say the least. And no neither side of the conflict needs to be “taught” right now to 11 year olds. Since when is an ongoing current war part of any grade 6 curriculum?  Did they just decide to teach it like 4 months ago?  

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

42 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Not every post is talking about what is happening to the kids in Gaza ?

I am the only one that has brought up what is happening to the kids in Gaza.

It is other people who are actually minimising what is happening to them. 

One of the replies to my post that detailed the horrors that the children have, and are going through in Gaza was 

" what actual use is this to the Burnaby curriculum or what is appropriate for grade 6 "

I hope that kids all around the world are being informed by their parents and their educators what is happening to their counterparts in Gaza.

And the reasons why. 

Also the ongoing history behind this never ending conflict.

This article is about why we should talk to our kids this never ending conflict, and why it is just as important to learn about this as a child, as it was for us to learn about the holocaust. 

The article also gives some tips on how to help you do this with your children.

https://www.npr.org/2023/10/11/1205017249/how-to-talk-to-children-violence-israeli-palestinian-gaza-hamas

" Children, even those who are quite young, can handle complex topics. Parents need not shy away from explaining historical context to their children said Masha Bali, a professor for practice at the centre for Learning and Teaching at the American University in Cairo. 

During a previous outbreak of violence between Hamas and Israel in 2021, Bali realised that her 9 year old daughter had already read about Anne Frank and the Holocaust - but she hadn't yet learned the history about Palestine. "

Just like in this article, I can vividly remember reading the diary of Anne Frank when I was in grade 4, the same age as the child that is mentioned in that article, over 50 years ago.

And while it did horrify me, it also reinforced my belief that we should treat others the way we ourselves want to be treated.

From the article Elias, the last Paragraph.

" Children have a beautiful ability - one that adults sometimes lack - to look head on in the face of violence and still believe in the bottom of their hearts in the future possibility of peace and of coexistence and of resolution to this conflict "

Who has been the only poster who has in this thread posted articles/videos about Isrealis and Palestinians working together for a peaceful solution Elias ?

Videos and articles about Palestinians and Isrealis forgiving each other for what many would think is unforgivable. 

It's what I was taught and what I learned as a child that made me the person I am today.

You were trying to minimize what was happening in a Burnaby school my friend. Nobody said it was worse than what was happening to kids in Gaza. You were the one who made that reference. If nobody else is talking about the kids in Gaza than by all means you can certainly be the leader on that discussion. Has someone stopped you from doing so?

The point of my previous post was that this is Vancouver discussion board. So events that are happening in and around Vancouver in relation to the war in Gaza are important to us folks who are living here. That’s why it was brought up as a discussion. I’m sure as someone who doesn’t live here you could care less what they are teaching in a Burnaby school. But I do. And so do many others. So why try and minimize it?  It’s not for you to minimize. It’s for posters living in Vancouver to discuss if they want to. That’s all I was really saying. 

Dave, you know that I know that you care. If you didn’t you wouldn’t be here. You are passionate about what is happening in Gaza. It’s a travesty really. Something that will be talked about in the history books for decades to come. I have no doubt it will be taught in schools and even to children. But now is not the right time to be asking 11 year old kids in Burnaby if Israel has the right to exist. I’m sorry, but that is my belief and you won’t be able to change my mind my friend. Cheers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

An Israeli soldier shot a 2 year old in the head on purpose?

Sorry If I am a disbeliever.  There are crimes that are disconcerting.  Aid workers, reporters. I won't be the one to avoid acknowledging actual fact. Settlers...

And, I don't know if you have been watching any news much?  There is heaps of pressure on Israel. Israel is under pressure in spite of specific attacks targeting their civilians. Israel is being told to leave Hamas alone because of civilian casualties.  I personally call for a siege, not forgiveness or an all out attack of Hamas. Its not up to me though.  

If you were in school; you would get a please explain yourself!  Please tell me how Hamas is doing the same thing in a civil manner?

That suggestion is daft.

An israeli soldier?

There are no less than 70 SEVENTY recorded killings of kids 16 or under by the IDF over the past 15 years.  easily verifiable.

You're a disbeliever?  Hey look cool.  Here's the thing.  The dead fucking 2 year old doesn't care if you believe him or not.  He's still fucking dead.

I don't watch news.  I don't have cable.  I am not one of those "I do my own research people"  I will look up every aspect of a situation as it exists to ensure I have a qualified beginners comprehension of a situation but I don't watch the news.

My response was to your statement.  If you are so outraged over one teacher slipping on thing on a desk for kids and then post that video suggesting that if Hamas teaches it this is what will happen "tErRoRiSm" then so be it.  Look champ, here's the counter point.

Oh, don't like it?  Don't believe it?  Again, the dead kid and the truth don't fucking care.  Both sides are awful.  Don't @ me with "show me how Hamas is" when Israel is allegedly starving or was starving a million or so people in what was tantamount to an open air prison before America just set up a gd wharf to offload vital aid and supplies.

They are both awful period

If you were in school; you would get a please explain yourself!  Please tell me how it is ok to promote the idea of one side being bad when the other commits similar acts of heinousness but gets to do it with what is essentially a green light from the governing world bodies.

That suggestion is daft.  Oh, and uh that 2 year old?  Still fucking dead.  Believe it or not 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

A teacher in an elementary school in Burnaby has no right to ask 11 year old children if Israel has a right to exist. Especially when some of those kids were Jewish. Full stop. Not even a discussion. The fact that you and Dave thinks it is okay or are trying to minimize it is quite disturbing to say the least. And no neither side of the conflict needs to be “taught” right now to 11 year olds. Since when is an ongoing current war part of any grade 6 curriculum?  Did they just decide to teach it like 4 months ago?  

The fact you took the single minded point of view that I was minimizing it is or that I approve of it is quite disturbing to say the least.

They are both bad. Not even a discussion.  If we're going to teach or accept one side we have to teach and accept the other.  Read my comments.  They are both bad.  That is and has been the over arching statement I have made since this thread started like 9 years ago back on cdc.

Retribution has long since been met out.  With the blockades in place the likelihood Palestine ever gets a chance to rebuild with yet thousands of more settlements and a new "dmz" area that essentially will cover 1/3 of the area known as Palestinian; is nil.  Palestine will never rebuild.  Within 2 generations they'll essentially cease to exist  They'll be absorbed or displaced entirely.  Hamas or the PLO or Hezbollah or whatever name they will call themselves in the future will still cause these attacks, which will result in these idiots continuing their stupidity and attacking Israel and it will only keep leading to reprisals against innocent people because they will keep running and hiding.  And both sides will justify it as right

Lather rinse repeat

it doesn't end.  It won't end.  That's not how what is essentially a religious/ideologically driven conflict works.  

If you don't like that I will die on this hill so be it.  Don't respond to me.  But I will never accept or admit that both sides are not wrong in this conflict and to continue suggesting that one is in the right or justified after this long, with the actions of settlement etc still continuing it's just going to be like talking to a wall because I won't hear it. 

This being wrong again applies to both players in this conflict and the people that unwaveringly support either of them.

• Vintage 1