Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

27 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Don't think I've seen anything about this here

https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/10/12/israel-white-phosphorus-used-gaza-lebanon

Yes I was reading about this last night.

When one side commits war crimes, the other feels emboldened to do the same.

In regards to using phosphorus, its use in civilian areas is considered a war crime.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

As a rich nation like Canada you damn right we are in a position to take in refugees. This is people, civilians who otherwise will lose everything they have and die if not relocated. As Canadians we are obligated to do our part. Lets not confuse this with immigration.

Refugees generally have advocates set up whom help them get services readily available. They are not just given money, they get a start up allowance to " live " then in most cases this dries up within a year if they have not assimilated and started earning for themselves.

A major issue for our seniors, veterans and needy is a lack of counsel. Advocates and case workers to put time in to ensure everyone gets access to what is available.

10 out if 10 times you help refugees.

We need more people. And we don’t care where they’re from. They just have to put Canada first. If they are bringing old country hatred with them they can’t come. Always must be Canada fist. 

12 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The refugees I've encountered have been harder working and more grateful to be in this country than either the people online complaining about them or the homeless in the street here.

So you have had detailed interactions with the homeless on your streets ?

You know the reasons why they are homeless ?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

So you have had detailed interactions with the homeless on your streets ?

You know the reasons why they are homeless ?

A few classmates from high school have ended up that way and I'm pretty familiar with why.  I don't want to derail the thread further, but my point is that a refugee who has gone through a lot just to get here is much more likely to become a productive member of our society.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Police around the world are making preparations for it just in case. Even here in Vancouver. 

Which they should. Just saying it is one guy. Sadly that one guy has impact. 

3 hours ago, Inkidu said:

And you know that's not what i meant, but thanks.

No. Clearly was not picking up what you were putting down. 

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

All refugees or are you talking about specifically just Palestinians? Have they had a history of violent riots and protests in Canada?

I havent heard that.

Actually most recent  riots in downtown vancouver have been caused by young drunk guys from Surrey, Chilliwack and Kelowna....

4 hours ago, Scottish Canuck 2.0 said:

God forbid anyone criticise Israel. 

Brainwashed.

There’s criticism and there’re blatant lies or misinformation.

4 hours ago, 24K said:

Macron showing clear bias here. Unless the rally contains cheering of Israeli deaths and active cheering of Hamas (should be dispersed and those participating be dealt with to the highest extent of the law), they should not be banned for advocating for Palestianian civilians. 

The reason they give of this causing unrest also applies to pro Israeli demonstrations as both jews and muslims make a good portion of their population. Both should be curbed if they go this route. Doing it to only one side is just going to anger the other and be counter productive. 

that’s the thing - every single pro-Palestine rally includes these calls. We had a quiet vigil here on Sunday and there was a group of Palestinian youth screaming “Death to Jews” and other similar things and police just stood there, telling us that they are entitled to their opinion. When we pressed about “uttering threats”, we were told that it’ll be very hard to prosecute.

• Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 hours ago, Inkidu said:

What's this I hear about tomorrow, friday the 13th, being declared world jihad day? Is this serious? 

Oh, it’s very serious. Many Jewish parents in Canada not sending their kids to schools tomorrow because of that.

3 hours ago, 24K said:

I also hate to say it but there are also calls for effective Palestianian genocide on the other side that goes unreported. There will be hateful idiots on both sides.

This is a cluster fuck so the smart thing is to ban it all rather than signal one group out if they are going that route. 

This is a lie. I’ve been to plenty of rallies in support of Israel over the years. Not once have i heard anything even remotely resembling “death to Palestine”. Not once.

2 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Oh, it’s very serious. Many Jewish parents in Canada not sending their kids to schools tomorrow because of that.

I'm baffled that we're seeing threats against Canadians living here and people are taking the side of those uttering the threats.  Regardless of what people think of Israel's government, they advocating for murdering people in Canada.  We just had India carry out a targeted hit on our soil.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

All refugees or are you talking about specifically just Palestinians? Have they had a history of violent riots and protests in Canada?

I havent heard that.

There was a case on Sunday after our vigil. 2 Jewish women were leaving the vigil on their own. They were followed by 2 Palestinian youth who jumped them and it was just pure luck that a male friend of one of the ladies was nearby and was able to jump in long enough for police to arrive. Police arrested both youth and found on them 2 knifes and a bear spray. Because they were high school students, they were release the next morning.

• Sad 2
  • Huggy Bear 2

6 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

This is a lie. I’ve been to plenty of rallies in support of Israel over the years. Not once have i heard anything even remotely resembling “death to Palestine”. Not once.

This is disingenuous at best, theres people in this forum who called for wiping out gaza and its 2 million people

and pro israeli rallies like this "Death to Arabs" "the 2nd nakba is coming, youll all be refugees soon" etc etc

On 1 February 2022, Amnesty International released a report  setting out how Israel enforces an institutionalized system of oppression and domination against Palestinians  wherever it has control over their rights: in Israel, the OPT and against displaced refugees by denying their right to return. It showed how Israeli laws, policies and practices are enacted with the overarching aim of maintaining a Jewish demographic majority, and maximizing control of land and resources to benefit Jewish Israelis to the detriment of Palestinians.

All Israeli settlements in the OPT are illegal under international law, and Israel’s long-running policy of settling civilians in occupied territory amounts to a war crime.

Increased settlement expansion will put countless more Palestinians at risk of forcible transfer – a crime against humanity which Israeli authorities have committed on a systematic basis. A recent example is the May 2022 Supreme Court ruling which greenlighted the forcible transfer of more than 1,150 Palestinians from Masafer Yatta in the West Bank.

In the past year Israeli authorities also scaled up plans to demolish the unrecognized village of Ras Jrabah in Israel’s Negev/Naqab region and displace its 500 Palestinian-Bedouin residents, while in January 2023 the Bedouin village of Al-Araqib was demolished for the 212th time. Amnesty International’s apartheid report showed how forced evictions in the Negev/Naqab, and across the OPT, are carried out in pursuit of Israel’s demographic objective

https://reliefweb.int/report/occupied-palestinian-territory/israels-apartheid-against-palestinians-cruel-system-domination-and-crime-against-humanity-enar#:~:text=Under apartheid%2C Israeli authorities control,territorial fragmentation and legal segregation.

Edited by moosehead
  • Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, eeeeeeeeergh said:

This is disingenuous at best, theres people in this forum who called for wiping out gaza and its 2 million people

and pro israeli rallies like this "Death to Arabs" "the 2nd nakba is coming, youll all be refugees soon" etc etc

So, you are showing me a demonstration in Israel in response to my post about me not hearing any of this on any of the pro-Israel demonstrations in Vancouver? Very logical…

9 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Thanks. And so it should be taken seriously. Can't just dismiss their threats.

17 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Probably all parents should be concerned.

3 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

So, you are showing me a demonstration in Israel in response to my post about me not hearing any of this on any of the pro-Israel demonstrations in Vancouver? Very logical…

sorry if i misunderstood to you, i didnt see anything where you said vancouver, it looked to me like you were talking all pro israel rallies, and this kind of rhetoric has been present in pro israel rallies every time theres been major fighting, including in 2014

https://www.newsweek.com/pro-israel-protesters-nyc-demand-gaza-flattened-1833787

^ this is the type of thing im talking about

4 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

I hate to say it but lot of these pro Palestine rallies contain such stuff.

For example in Sydney Australia they were chanting “gas the Jews”

if you go back in the thread you will also see a few sample links of Israeli senior government ministers (regularly and well before these attacks) leading marches of tens of thousands of Israelis and shouting death to Palestinians and to burn their villages.    Just google Flag Day marches.

That isn’t random civilians on the streets… that is their government policy from their leaders.  

Folks are selectively outraged.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Which they should. Just saying it is one guy. Sadly that one guy has impact. 

Yeah you’re right unfortunately he has too much impact and prominence. 

Former Leader of Hamas who still works with them. Who was an early member leading the Kuwaiti faction a few years after the first charter was created which rejected peace, wanted to eliminate Jews and eradicate Israel. He became leader when Hamas in 2004 which not too long after in 2007 the Battle of Gaza took place in which Hamas took control of Gaza after a battle with Fatah. Was preceded by the current leader in 2017. 

Currently is in Qatar. Currently heads Hamas' diaspora office. 

A lot of an insane amount of history and a lot of bad blood with Netanyahu who’s tried to assassinate him in retaliation for suicide bombings(one particularly bad one)and nearly did. He was on his death bed and Netanyahu was pressured to give him the antidote. I believe and exchange of hostages was given in return for the antidote as well. Wild stuff. 

45 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Sorry Roman, I am not referring to Vancouver in particular but rather at large and I am sure your personal experience may not have those incidents. But as shown there are clearly those kind of incidents around the world outside of Vancouver that is not widely reported by western media.

Just now, 24K said:

Sorry Roman, I am not referring to Vancouver in particular but rather at large and I am sure your personal experience may not have those incidents. But as shown there are clearly those kind of incidents around the world outside of Vancouver that is not widely reported by western media.

And if this the case, people that say that should be prosecuted the same way. But I’m willing to bet a lot of money that if you compare percentages of such protests, the numbers will not flatter the pro-Palestinian crowd.