Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

The protests are going too far ,

disrupting people’s lives where they rest, live,  and commute for work and services IS going to far.

Peaceful protesting does not seem to exist when protesters are agited and pushing their objectives .

Hiding their faces like bandits does not help.  

They become Terroristic.

A tipping point is coming.  

Well that was obviously not the Blue Jays game. 

• ThereItIs 1

On 6/26/2024 at 12:27 AM, Canuck Surfer said:

While the UN, and many others (rightfully) accused Israelis of blocking humanitarian aid?

There is also the UN acknowledging, as I posted months ago, that a great deal of aid is stolen by militia's; primarily Hamas.

It should be fairly obvious to most people that Israel and their war are disrupting aid, but Hamas (and other militant groups) are also clearly stealing food and using it themselves and/or selling it on the black market. Multiple aid agencies have stated that they have excess aid they cannot distribute for security reasons. If Gazans are having difficulty getting food it's due to the actions of both sides.

The issue has become so partisan that we can't get honest reporting on it.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

I have reason to believe in the next 10 hours Israel will invade southern Lebannon.

The mandate of the UN peacekeepers is to observe and de-escalate. Do you think they would engage with IDF? That would change things in a hurry. It would already be nasty business without that.

8 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

The mandate of the UN peacekeepers is to observe and de-escalate. Do you think they would engage with IDF? That would change things in a hurry. It would already be nasty business without that.

they can not engage with the IDF just like they could not engage with ISIS and a bus load of them were taken hostage on the Syrian side of the UN Disengagement and Observer Force line. However, all I have seen in the last however many hours since posting that last night is a small foray into a small farm area and back. Not at all what I was thinking was coming. Perhaps a matter of days instead of hours. 

• Thanks 1

OH, just checked again and there were updates in the last 3 to 5 hours: At least 6 different strikes throughout all of Lebanon by Israeli war planes, one on Damascus at the same time, 8 different southern Lebanon villages under artillery fire at the moment from IDF forces. A great many IDF drones are over southern Lebanon airspace at this moment, with two notable hits on suspected Hezbollah positions and vehicles.

5 hours ago
Israeli Foreign Minister: If Hezbollah does not withdraw and cease fire, we will move with all force to restore security

3 hours ago
Heavy flight of Israeli military aircraft over the regions of the south, the Bekaa and the Lebanese coast

3 hours ago
4 explosions sounded in the Bekaa Valley, which turned out to be caused by heavy bombing on the eastern Lebanon mountain range above Sarein.

3 hours ago
Israeli Foreign Minister Israel Katz said on Saturday that Iran's message of an "obliterating war" made it worthy of destruction

3 hours ago
US and Europe warn Lebanon's Hezbollah to ease strikes on Israel and back off from wider Mideast war
  • Thanks 1

$20,000,000 in USD cash per month via the UNRWA fund managed by Piers Morgan. In New York city no less.. For over 10 years. Converted to Lebanese / West Bank Shakel by currency convertors, cough Hamas launderers. At rates between 10 & 20% fee's.  

Over 80% of USD arriving in Gaza was sourced via this UNRWA fund since 2018 has been this specific USD fund. Its remarkable to me that $20 Mill per month was sent; in CASH!  With no accounting of where it was going.

12 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

they can not engage with the IDF just like they could not engage with ISIS and a bus load of them were taken hostage on the Syrian side of the UN Disengagement and Observer Force line. However, all I have seen in the last however many hours since posting that last night is a small foray into a small farm area and back. Not at all what I was thinking was coming. Perhaps a matter of days instead of hours. 

The amount of artillery and aircraft munition being driven to the North recently is mind boggling. Here’s an example of one of such 20,000 lb bomb that can have JDAM installed on it, on a truck in Israel.

IMG_1280.jpeg.0314e060511685103e3aeb3d3557ff46.jpeg

8 hours ago, RomanPer said:

Here’s an example of one of such 20,000 lb bomb that can have JDAM installed on it, on a truck in Israel.

Think that is an error on its size. probably a 2,000 lb bomb given its dimensions.

What a day it would be when people just stop this nonsense and understand we are all human.  For real....  shit is so depressing. 

I am Panjabi. Doesn't mean anyone else is worse than me.  

Lgbtq and all that nonsense, they all cool with me.  Division is mad.

We all human beings.   Let's love each other. 

19 hours ago, I_AM_CANUCKIAN said:

Oh and I forgot "FUCK ISRAEL"

They want no part of peace.

Ah, here it is - “we are all human but Israel”. Welcome to ignore, bitch

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, RomanPer said:

The ruling party doesn't want peace that is for damn sure. Israel as a whole though? I am pretty sure your average Israeli wants nothing but to live in peace without fear and for the next generation to have it better than they do. You know...like pretty much everyone else.  It is the power mongers that ruin it all. 

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

On 7/1/2024 at 12:52 AM, I_AM_CANUCKIAN said:

What a day it would be when people just stop this nonsense and understand we are all human.  For real....  shit is so depressing. 

I am Panjabi. Doesn't mean anyone else is worse than me.  

Lgbtq and all that nonsense, they all cool with me.  Division is mad.

We all human beings.   Let's love each other. 

On 7/1/2024 at 12:56 AM, I_AM_CANUCKIAN said:

Oh and I forgot "FUCK ISRAEL"

They want no part of peace.

Loved your first message, but then you moved off the love each other and division is mad message and jumped strait to hating Israel. You lost me. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago
Hezbollah claims it fired over 100 rockets towards northern Israel in the latest barrage as part of its response to the Israeli army's elimination of Muhammad Nasser, the head of Hezbollah's Aziz Unit which is responsible for operations in southwestern Lebanon, earlier today

4 hours ago
Hezbollah commander killed in apparent Israel drone strike in Tyre district - southern Lebanon - belonged to Aziz unit Abu Naame

WHOA! I stayed with a family here for a four day weekend once, such lovely hard working folks.  A real Moroccan flavour there, can't be denied, as a large segment of their population is of Moroccan ancestry. From other sources I heard the three that hit were part of around 15 to 25 fired at the peaceful northernmost city of Israel. 

3 hours ago
3 rockets fell in Kiryat Shmona, Israel

On 7/1/2024 at 8:20 PM, RomanPer said:

I might have said it a little harsh I agree.  Heat of the moment Canucks forum post.  OK.

Now you can reread what you posted. People say some shit a lil harsher than they mean sometimes.  It's all love man.

So as some know; I just spent some time in the Middle East. We did withdraw from visiting the West Bank & Jerusalem, a dream of mine, over conflict dangers.

I did dip my toe in the Jordan River.  8 locations in Jordan, Egypt & a resort in Saudi Arabia.  I did wherever comfortable discuss current 'affairs.'

* There is universal condemnation of the mass bombing of Gaza. 

* A coffee with spice shopkeeper in a market summed prevailing attitudes of the poor, he said in a thick accent poignantly;

'' Arabic peoples, we are as one!''  ''Libyan, Egyptian, Palestinian, no different...''

I drew from it the masses would never accept Israel; which was what was meant. Even though that same shopkeeper condemned violence by any. Another in a tourist Mecca asked if I was from America. I said no, Canada & I live in Australia. He said, ah; honest peace to you and welcome.  Peace also to Netanyahoo, and Biden!  Then mentioned the 2knd part was a joke.  Biden is seen as not doing enough, weak, to reign in Israel.  

I mentioned; you would prefer Trump; who endorsed Jerusalem is Israel's capital?  It led to some actual honest talk.

Egypt was fascinating. I met people, the middle class is educated, young. Who took part in the Egyptian revolution 2011, part of the Arab Spring. Visited the square where 4 Million accumulated. The police everywhere disintegrated, took off their uniforms, allowed the takeover of security. Long fearful of their corrupt leaders. It was discussed that they, most people were elated when Mubarak was overthrown. For many, as religious fanaticism was common, but not a majority. Quickly turned to horror as the Muslim Brotherhood that took power, who swore (as has the Taliban) moderation only to quickly start enforcing their militant & religious ideals.  Freedoms quickly became restricted, withdrawn, objections raised met with violence. Minorities and moderates left or went underground. It was a question ''be careful for what you wish for!'' 

Thankfully, the Egyptian military did not have allegiance to the Brotherhood. As the economy and freedom dipped, they took action overthrowing the new govt again a cpl years later in a coup.  People said freedom was restored, but not prosperity.  Currency since the Arab Spring has dropped against the Euro or US dollar tenfold.  Poor are even poorer. Prevailing attitude among the Middle Class was Hamas is not hated, there is still a bond to Palestinians as Arabs. But there was also general disdain for 'militant groups' that reign terror in Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Sudan. Not as much disdain as for Israel.  But the Middle Class do see the world for what it is in all these jurisdictions.

Jordan was completely different.  Save for another post.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2

So in Southern Egypt.  I noticed large populations of African tribal ancestry; not Arabic.  The benefit of a relatively stable govt.?

In Sudan the Masalit are being massacred by the RSF, an Arabic militant group vying for power in civil war. It makes you wonder why minorities keep disappearing from Iraq, Gaza, Syria, (Turkey)? Hezbollah believe they should have full control of Lebanon???

Just sayin...

• Sad 1