Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

21 hours ago, Yoshiyoshi said:

Its not the same thing. Ukraine did not invade Russia nor did it plan to invade Russia and had never attacked Russia as far as i know, certainly not since becoming independent . Lebanon did attack Israel multiple times and was in the process of preparing to attack them again when Israel launched a preemptive attack against them. The real BS is thinking that Israel doesnt have the right to annex that land. If you attack someone and then lose, you get punished, when nations do it that punishment is the loss of land and resources. Im not sure what to say here if you cant tell what the difference is between the 2 is.

A follow up post to correct your ignorance on this subject.

Lebanon resisted calls by other Arab nations to involve itself in the conflict that came to be known as the six day war.

Lebanon never attacked Isreal in that conflict.

Isreal never attacked Lebanon in that conflict.

Israel preemptively struck Syria's and Egypt's air forces. 

Every single country on this planet apart from the US considers Israel's occupation/annexation of the Golan Heights illegal, a breach of international Law.

It was trump that recognised Israel annexation of the Golan Heights in 2019.

It was considered as a gift to his corrupt mate Netanyahu, to help him out in the upcoming 2019 legislative election in Israel. 

Israel named an illegal settlement after trump in the Golan Heights for doing that.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/topic/trump-heights/

Also most, roughly 80 % - the Druze - the legal residents of the Golan Heights have refused Isreali citizenship.

They still consider themselves Syrians.

And when Netanyahu visited, the village that was hit by the rocket,   the villagers called him a murderer and basically to him to $#@$ off.

2 hours ago, RomanPer said:

I'm really curious to know how exactly he's planning "to enter". It's one thing to open your mouth, it's completely different to follow through. In the process, he screwed up his big ally Azerbaijan with the whole "we entered Karabakh". Azerbaijan, who is a very close ally of Israel, having most of its army using Israeli military products.

i think theres about a 0 percentage chance of followthrough, an actual invasion of a nuclear state would be complete suicide

he says these things to try to win some domestic support b/c of how deeply unpopular he is and b/c hes driven the turkish economy into the ground and destroyed an entire generation

• Like 1

On 7/27/2024 at 5:35 PM, Sapper said:

With Iranian supplied missles causing deaths the risk of Israel declaring it an act of war is real

We are one oops or one errant fired shot away from all out war in the Middle East 

The next 72 hours will be crucial for Iranian allies to step in and tell them to walk it back asap 

I suspect a precision strike of Iranian nuclear fissile materials is the best response. Why tilt with the hydra heads when you can just go cut out the heart.

Having said that, I am not confident enough to risk 100,000's of thousands of lives on it. Sadly, tens of thousands is the alternative as Israel plays whackamole with the tentacles. Being, as it is, July of a US election cycle year doesn't align well with finally toppling the theocracy in Iran. 

Eventually that has to happen before the religious zealots have a functional nuke.

Two birds, one stone. Israel takes out air defences and then the enrichment site in one night. 

Maybe that solves the issue for the moment? Maybe it causes Israel to fight Lebannon, Syria and Iran along with Gaza and Yemen all at once. Not worth finding out. Sadly though, any way you slice it, the west needs to fix that situatuon at the enrichment sites before israel is a glass parking lot.

This is terrible of me to say, but when religious extremists of any background are willing to die for their cause, it is beloved upon the authorities to expedite their wishes before there are too many civilian losses. The failure of the world was allowing Hammas the opportunity to do what they did on Oct 7th. They should never have been allowed to end free elections in Gaza after winning the first one. Appeasement there only led to a substantial infiltration of UNRWA. Add to that many Iranian allied states supporting Iran at the UN and we have very troubling times.

I will tell you all that for free.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Lebanon resisted calls by other Arab nations to involve itself in the conflict that came to be known as the six day war.

Lebanon never attacked Isreal in that conflict.

Isreal never attacked Lebanon in that conflict.

Israel preemptively struck Syria's and Egypt's air forces. 

Every single country on this planet apart from the US considers Israel's occupation/annexation of the Golan Heights illegal, a breach of international Law.

It was trump that recognised Israel annexation of the Golan Heights in 2019.

It was considered as a gift to his corrupt mate Netanyahu, to help him out in the upcoming 2019 legislative election in Israel. 

Israel named an illegal settlement after trump in the Golan Heights for doing that.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/topic/trump-heights/

Also most, roughly 80 % - the Druze - the legal residents of the Golan Heights have refused Isreali citizenship.

They still consider themselves Syrians.

And when Netanyahu visited, the village that was hit by the rocket,   the villagers called him a murderer and basically to him to $#@$ off.

My memory for this stuff is quite fuzzy when it comes to stuff I learned in high school so it wasnt Lebanon then it was Syria that the Golan heights were a part of then? All i remember is that area was a good place to launch rocket attacks on Israel so i cant really fault them for annexing it from hostile nations. I have no intention of trying to debate the specifics of this, my point stands that its apples to oranges. Since rockets are still being launched into Israel from the neighbouring countries, giving back a prime position to strike at Israeli civilians is a stupid idea and I cant believe you are trying to justify that position.

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Yoshiyoshi said:

My memory for this stuff is quite fuzzy when it comes to stuff I learned in high school so it wasnt Lebanon then it was Syria that the Golan heights were a part of then? All i remember is that area was a good place to launch rocket attacks on Israel so i cant really fault them for annexing it from hostile nations. I have no intention of trying to debate the specifics of this, my point stands that its apples to oranges. Since rockets are still being launched into Israel from the neighbouring countries, giving back a prime position to strike at Israeli civilians is a stupid idea and I cant believe you are trying to justify that position.

So you can't believe the whole world, apart from the US, for the reason I gave, believes that the Isreali occupation of the Golan Heights is illegal and an impediment to peace between the Isrealis and the Palestinians ?

What I am asking is what the rest of the world is asking, for the Isrealis to end their occupation of the Golan Heights, as well as the West Bank and East Jerusalem.

What about the citizens of the Golan Heights themselves ?

Don't they have the right to determine their own fate ?

As the citizens of Madjal Shams themselves stated, it is Netanyahu who is the murderer, and they told him to eff off.

Your memory is fuzzy yet you still felt the need to post something that was factually incorrect.

Tell me, do you actually want peace in the region ? 

I do.

6 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

So you can't believe the whole world, apart from the US, for the reason I gave, believes that the Isreali occupation of the Golan Heights is illegal and an impediment to peace between the Isrealis and the Palestinians ?

What I am asking is what the rest of the world is asking, for the Isrealis to end their occupation of the Golan Heights, as well as the West Bank and East Jerusalem.

As the citizens of Madjal Shams themselves stated, it is Netanyahu who is the murderer, and they told him to eff off.

Your memory is fuzzy yet you still felt the need to post something that was factually incorrect.

I do.

I spent a lot of time at various kibbutz in the Golan. The Druze are treated so much better there under Israeli rule than they would be 1 km away in Syria. Also, Israel gave back all the southwest Syria when they ended the last hot war there that Syria started. Israel was on Damascus doorstep and withdrew, however for tactical reasons annexed the Golan. It was a literal mortar field for anti Jewish forces.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I do.

Do you though? It seems to me you care more about being self righteous than promoting peace. You talk about the citizens of the Golan heights right to determine their own fate, if someone wants to use their freedom to harm others, they don't have the right to that freedom. Before any talk of giving land back or independence can be given any credit, first those people seeking independence need to prove that they wont just use it to launch more attacks. Spoiler alert: It takes time to prove you are willing to be peaceful, decades even, so the sooner they stop attacking Israel, the sooner these occupations can be resolved. Its not going to happen the other way around. Has any Palestinian or Pro-Palestinian source condemned the Oct 7th attack yet? The only times ive seen anyone on that side say something against it, it follows this format "The oct 7th attack was bad, but....." and you can fill in the details about how it was somehow Israels fault.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I spent a lot of time at various kibbutz in the Golan. The Druze are treated so much better there under Israeli rule than they would be 1 km away in Syria. Also, Israel gave back all the southwest Syria when they ended the last hot war there that Syria started. Israel was on Damascus doorstep and withdrew, however for tactical reasons annexed the Golan. It was a literal mortar field for anti Jewish forces.

And yet they are and want to be Syrians.

I was reading that the majority of the villagers of Madjal Shams have refused Isreali citizenship.

As have 80 % percent of the Druze who live in the Golan Heights. 

As I have stated, you government, mine and every other government, apart from the US, state that Isreals occupation is illegal, and more importantly an impediment to peace. 

Again the only reason the US recognised Isreals claim is that Trump was helping out his corrupt mate Netanyahu win an election. 

I believe the video I posted showing the actual villagers themselves clearly shows how they feel.

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

And yet they are and want to be Syrians.

I was reading that the majority of the villagers of Madjal Shams have refused Isreali citizenship.

As have 80 % percent of the Druze who live in the Golan Heights. 

As I have stated, you government, mine and every other government, apart from the US, state that Isreals occupation is illegal, and more importantly an impediment to peace. 

Again the only reason the US recognised Isreals claim is that Trump was helping out his corrupt mate Netanyahu win an election. 

I believe the video I posted showing the actual villagers themselves clearly shows how they feel.

you are missing the point again. it doesnt matter how they feel, it matters how they act. If the Golan Heights were returned to Syria, would the people there prevent "fill in the blank terrorist group" from launching rockets from there into Israel? If the answer is no, then Israel has every right to occupy the area to prevent attacks. It doesnt matter if the entire world votes otherwise in the UN. The UN, etc doesnt have the right to force anyone to let someone launch rockets or whatever weapon of choice at them.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Yoshiyoshi said:

Do you though? It seems to me you care more about being self righteous than promoting peace. You talk about the citizens of the Golan heights right to determine their own fate, if someone wants to use their freedom to harm others, they don't have the right to that freedom. Before any talk of giving land back or independence can be given any credit, first those people seeking independence need to prove that they wont just use it to launch more attacks. Spoiler alert: It takes time to prove you are willing to be peaceful, decades even, so the sooner they stop attacking Israel, the sooner these occupations can be resolved. Its not going to happen the other way around. Has any Palestinian or Pro-Palestinian source condemned the Oct 7th attack yet? The only times ive seen anyone on that side say something against it, it follows this format "The oct 7th attack was bad, but....." and you can fill in the details about how it was somehow Israels fault.

Yes I do.

Insulting me, illustrates you feel you are wrong.

The residents of the Golan Heights have not fired rockets at Isreal.

The Syrian Army back in 1967 fired artillery shell from there.

If you know anything about the situation in the middle east, you will realise the Syrian army is not in any state to take on Israel. 

Syria has been involved in a civil war since 2011. 

Pure and simple, the people of the Golan Heights don't want to be occupied.

And I have  never stated that the October 7 attack was bad... but.

I have always condemned that attack full stop. 

Again you feel the need to attack the person not challenge the information that is posted.

6 minutes ago, Yoshiyoshi said:

you are missing the point again. it doesnt matter how they feel, it matters how they act. If the Golan Heights were returned to Syria, would the people there prevent "fill in the blank terrorist group" from launching rockets from there into Israel? If the answer is no, then Israel has every right to occupy the area to prevent attacks. It doesnt matter if the entire world votes otherwise in the UN. The UN, etc doesnt have the right to force anyone to let someone launch rockets or whatever weapon of choice at them.

Again, when was the last time rockets were fired from the Golan Heights ?

Again, back in 1967 the Syrian army fired artillery from the Golan Heights. 

And again the Syrian nation has been involved in a civil war since 2011.

They won't be fighting Isreal for a long time, if ever.

So the premise of your argument is completely wrong.

I can't believe you are debating this without knowing all the facts.

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

Yes I do.

Insulting me, illustrates you feel you are wrong.

The residents of the Golan Heights have not fired rockets at Isreal.

The Syrian Army back in 1967 fired artillery shell from there.

If you know anything about the situation in the middle east, you will realise the Syrian army is not in any state to take on Israel. 

Syria has been involved in a civil war since 2011. 

Pure and simple, the people of the Golan Heights don't want to be occupied.

And I have  never stated that the October 7 attack was bad... but.

I have always condemned that attack full stop. 

Again you feel the need to attack the person not challenge the information that is posted.

It is unfortunate that you consider that as me insulting you, but that is how you come off in your posts. And do you really have any grounds for complaining about that with your digs at me in your posts?

The residents of the Golan Heights have not fired any rockets at Israel because Israel has occupied the territory since they conquered it. And if the Syrian army is in no shape to take on Israel, then they are also in no shape to keep Hezbollah or whatever other Iranian backed groups in the area from moving in either.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Yoshiyoshi said:

It is unfortunate that you consider that as me insulting you, but that is how you come off in your posts. And do you really have any grounds for complaining about that with your digs at me in your posts?

The residents of the Golan Heights have not fired any rockets at Israel because Israel has occupied the territory since they conquered it. And if the Syrian army is in no shape to take on Israel, then they are also in no shape to keep Hezbollah or whatever other Iranian backed groups in the area from moving in either.

I am Autistic.

I post in a rational logical manner.

I have not called you any names, or inferred anything about you.

I simply stated that you posted false information and you have continued to do so.

Claiming that rockets have been launched from the Golan Heights when they have not.

The residents of the Golan Heights have never fired rockets into Isreal, again it was the Syrian army back in 1967 that fired artillery shells.

You stated that the residents of the Golan Heights had to prove themselves, well they have.

Hezbollah has launched many rocket attacks from southern Lebanon. 

Not from the Golan Heights.

Hezbollah has no presence in the Golan Heights. 

And the Druze who have lived in the Golan Heights from before Isreal became a state have never had any connection to Hezbollah. 

You are trying to find reasons to justify what the rest of the world, including your Government and mine consider to be an illegal occupation of land by the Isrealis. 

4 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

I am Autistic.

I post in a rational logical manner.

I have not called you any names, or inferred anything about you.

I simply stated that you posted false information and you have continued to do so.

Claiming that rockets have been launched from the Golan Heights when they have not.

The residents of the Golan Heights have never fired rockets into Isreal, again it was the Syrian army back in 1967 that fired artillery shells.

You stated that the residents of the Golan Heights had to prove themselves, well they have.

Hezbollah has launched many rocket attacks from southern Lebanon. 

Not from the Golan Heights.

Hezbollah has no presence in the Golan Heights. 

And the Druze who have lived in the Golan Heights from before Isreal became a state have never had any connection to Hezbollah. 

You are trying to find reasons to justify what the rest of the world, including your Government and mine consider to be an illegal occupation of land by the Isrealis. 

you repeatedly called me ignorant because i didnt fact check irrelevant information to the conversation. I said Lebanon instead of Syria because when i wrote Syria originally i thought that was wrong so i changed it without fact checking it because it didnt matter which country it originally belonged to for the purpose of the conversation and I didnt want to go down the fact checking rabbit hole again. You keep focusing on me saying rockets when it was artillery when again thats irrelevant to the conversation. And it doesnt matter if it was the Syrian army or Hezbollah or some other group that may exist in the area that i cant remember the name of as again the who of the situation isnt what the conversation is about. Someone launched something at Israel from there, thats all that matters for the conversation. Im not trying to find reasons to justify the annexation of the golan heights because it doesnt need to be justified. Again because of its position gives significant advantages to those who want to attack Israel, and because it was taken in war against nations that had attacked and planned to attack Israel again, it falls into the category of self defense. It is not the same situation as the settlement issues in the west bank which I do agree should be removed. And it is not just the residents of the Golan Heights that need to prove themselves, it is also the country that they would be rejoining.

Ok so you are autistic, so if i recall correctly that can make you overly focused on details. Well unfortunately for you in this conversation, my 20+ years of depression means my ability to remember irrelevant details is terrible so unless those details are relevant to the point im going to make, i dont worry about it because if i get a name wrong, someone will correct me. I cant even remember the names of my neighbours, im certainly not going to remember the names of all the various people that have attacked Israel.

• Huggy Bear 1

8 minutes ago, Yoshiyoshi said:

you repeatedly called me ignorant because i didnt fact check irrelevant information to the conversation. I said Lebanon instead of Syria because when i wrote Syria originally i thought that was wrong so i changed it without fact checking it because it didnt matter which country it originally belonged to for the purpose of the conversation and I didnt want to go down the fact checking rabbit hole again. You keep focusing on me saying rockets when it was artillery when again thats irrelevant to the conversation. And it doesnt matter if it was the Syrian army or Hezbollah or some other group that may exist in the area that i cant remember the name of as again the who of the situation isnt what the conversation is about. Someone launched something at Israel from there, thats all that matters for the conversation. Im not trying to find reasons to justify the annexation of the golan heights because it doesnt need to be justified. Again because of its position gives significant advantages to those who want to attack Israel, and because it was taken in war against nations that had attacked and planned to attack Israel again, it falls into the category of self defense. It is not the same situation as the settlement issues in the west bank which I do agree should be removed. And it is not just the residents of the Golan Heights that need to prove themselves, it is also the country that they would be rejoining.

Ok so you are autistic, so if i recall correctly that can make you overly focused on details. Well unfortunately for you in this conversation, my 20+ years of depression means my ability to remember irrelevant details is terrible so unless those details are relevant to the point im going to make, i dont worry about it because if i get a name wrong, someone will correct me. I cant even remember the names of my neighbours, im certainly not going to remember the names of all the various people that have attacked Israel.

I have battled anxiety and depression all my life as well.

So I empathize with you and hope that things turn around for you.

I only found out the reason for this a decade ago.

Women can pass anxiety onto a child in the womb.

When I found out my biological mothers story I realised why she would have been totally stressed out and passed that onto me. 

I totally admit that especially at the current time of my life, my personal life is affecting how I am posting.

However I never insulted you, and I apologise if you felt insulted by me being blunt and using the word ignorant.

I probably should have stated you are unaware of all the factual information. 

The bottom line of our conversation is that the Druze people of the Golan Heights don't want to be occupied.

They don't want their land stolen from them, Isreali illegal settlements like " Trump Heights ".

They have never attacked Israel. 

You keep changing the bar.

You stated that the people from the Golan Heights had to prove themselves by not attacking Israel.

They never have. 

The rest of the world considers the occupation of the Golan Heights and the illegal settlements there an impediment to peace in that region.  

Again I am sorry if I have offended you.

I mean it when I say I know what it is like to battle severe depression.

I was also diagnosed as being bi-polar.

Most days I think about doing the unthinkable.

The only reason I don't is that I don't want my son, who I haven't seen in nearly a year to carry guilty, sadness or any other shitty emotion later in life.

9 hours ago, RomanPer said:

I'm really curious to know how exactly he's planning "to enter".

Erdogan has played the West vs Putin rather than being a genuine ally of Ukraine anyone. NATO as a whole if we are being honest? 

He's also himself a quasi dictator ramping up activities which suit him & the ruling elite (their Oligarch's) as a whole. Like Putin & at the expense of Turkey's economy which is on a massive downswing; interest rates near 40%. If him & his buddies make money, it does not matter. Back to entering; Turkey has only played heavy on its own, and the minorities of Syria & Iraq, Cypress, Kurds. Dabbled in militia's in Africa just like Wagner does, mercenaries for profit. 

Israel is one of those power plays that only make sense to people like him, Putin, Trump...

I do not see the opportunity for Turkey to do it. Even Trump could not allow that to happen in any current context.

4 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

Why would David believe people who actually were here if he found some video or an article on the internet? That wouldn’t support his view of the world 🙂 .

Druze population of Israel is among the most patriotic. They take pride in their army service and some of the top officers in IDF are Druze.

Edited by RomanPer
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Hezbollah was not yet a sperm to be jacked jack off & launched by Arafat in to the womb that is Lebanon. Lebanon at the time, 1967, was a thriving by Middle Eastern standards democracy. Who's constitution was based on equal rights for minorities and its three majority ethnic groups. Many Palestinians, considered to be militants under Arafat, were either slaughtered or expelled from Jordan in 1972. 

The consensus landing spot, and source of the birth of Hezbollah was the left over, or surviving militants that then took up residence as 'refugee's' in Lebanon. They are refugees everywhere in the ME, no one wants them. Where they slowly, but surely grew in to an independent force as Hezbollah, other factors colliding.  

Hezbollah is not Lebanon.  Its actually disgusting that they have now grown large enough? So large that they outnumber the actual Lebanese Army. They have corruptly, and through infiltration become a major player in every sect of Lebanon & tip the balance of power. So powerful that Lebanon cannot dare stop their activities. Their militants, and message, now seeping through Lebanese society. The Muslim groups side with them anyway; when it comes to allegiance on conflicts with Israel. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

@Ilunga

I have been thinking about Gaza and the Golan Heights for awhile......read alot of this thread......felt the passion....here is what I have come up with

#1. I believe that Israel should not be there. That Israel should not colonize this area.

#2. I believe that all non-Gaza entities should not have a presence there, at any time (Only residents)

#3. I believe it is fair to think Israel can not trust the local residents to police the area

#4. I believe that all anti-Israeli entities can not be trusted, and apparently do not care for the safety of local residents (Because of the perceived greater good)

#5. I believe to move forward local residents must form a police force with strong ties to the Israeli's to muster "Trust" with the Israeli's

And more importantly..........

#6. Until, the anger is put aside, and a real understanding of that a Israeli state is to be accepted and protected by Muslims, as well as foreign countries. Then I see no real possibility of Israel will stand down, in their protection of their homeland. (Not Gaza, not the Golan Heights)

We see, in real time, how when Israel does not act with force, how vulnerable their state is. I think that Israel has the right to protect itself, which includes, controlling vulnerable area's. (Golan Heights, Lebanon, and Syria)

Comment:

I wonder why Israel has no real issues with Jordan? Why is there no attacks from Jordan? It is my belief that Jordanians have accepted Israel in some form, and albeit, maybe an uneasy acceptance, has been able to keep a lid on the local populace and militia's.

I believe that Muslims must police themselves, as Jordan has. The alternative is what we have now, and it could get worse. And not that I support Israel in all that they have done, but if I was in a position of power, as Israel is, I would attempt to extinguish those threats. Israel's response today, is a message for tomorrow. Not perfect by any means, but it is clear.

I do not condone the mass killings of civilians, but I do expect the civilians to police, themselves. Which includes weeding out dangers to their society.

Conclusion: 

It is a Fkn mess, and both Israeli's and Muslims are at fault.

Edited by JIAHN
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Ilunga said:

I have battled anxiety and depression all my life as well.

So I empathize with you and hope that things turn around for you.

I only found out the reason for this a decade ago.

Women can pass anxiety onto a child in the womb.

When I found out my biological mothers story I realised why she would have been totally stressed out and passed that onto me. 

I totally admit that especially at the current time of my life, my personal life is affecting how I am posting.

However I never insulted you, and I apologise if you felt insulted by me being blunt and using the word ignorant.

I probably should have stated you are unaware of all the factual information. 

The bottom line of our conversation is that the Druze people of the Golan Heights don't want to be occupied.

They don't want their land stolen from them, Isreali illegal settlements like " Trump Heights ".

They have never attacked Israel. 

You keep changing the bar.

You stated that the people from the Golan Heights had to prove themselves by not attacking Israel.

They never have. 

The rest of the world considers the occupation of the Golan Heights and the illegal settlements there an impediment to peace in that region.  

Again I am sorry if I have offended you.

I mean it when I say I know what it is like to battle severe depression.

I was also diagnosed as being bi-polar.

Most days I think about doing the unthinkable.

The only reason I don't is that I don't want my son, who I haven't seen in nearly a year to carry guilty, sadness or any other shitty emotion later in life.

Its not changing the bar, its my poor communication skills trying to explain what i mean. 90% of my communication in life is me meowing at my cats so that doesnt leave me a lot of practice at explaining things. There is something here i want to say about this to try to better explain what i meant but i cant think of the words at the moment so im going to have to just let it lie for now

Reports of explosions in Dahieh neighbourhood of Beirut, location of Hezbollah headquarters. Based on unconfirmed reports, Muhsin Shukr (sp.), second in Hezbollah structure, has been killed. Let’s wait for some confirmations.

Edited by RomanPer

On 7/28/2024 at 9:00 PM, Optimist Prime said:

Hezbollah claims to be 200,000 strong in its manpower, none the less, they have no chance of winning an all out war with Israel. Lebanon will likely lose its two southern most provinces as a new 'buffer zone' if war actually breaks out fully. The city of Tyre and coastline above it may be allowed to be habitatable, but I don't see Israel playing around with over 100,000 Hezbollah in the south and east of Lebanon. If Israel hits back it will be like Canadian infantry doctrine: overwhelm the opposition with speed and violence. 

Iran is the overwhelming issue here, there and everywhere, as Hezbollah don't really speak for Lebanon, but Beirut has allowed them to flourish and by not stopping their random rocket assaults, invites what is almost now inevitable. 

Sad times. I hope it is a swift victory for the IDF in the north. 

Hezbollah does not have 200k troops. Their number have been severely weakened by their participation in the Syrian war and the overall poor state of Lebanon, where large amounts of the population are destitute and leaving. Hezbollah can only recruit from the Shiite community, and most of the refugees entering Lebanon are Sunni. 

What Hezbollah does have is an ever decreasing amount of missiles to fire at Israel. Overall, Iran and Russia just don't have the surplus of weapons to send to Lebanon, as they are being used in Russia. Hezbollah probably has enough left for several weeks of heavy barrages at Israel, that would be mostly blocked by anti-missile defence systems. There's no doubt Israel would win, it would be a question of how much damage these rockets would do to Israel until then.

Israel has been picking off a lot of Hezbollah's commanders, best fighters and weapons for the last 6 months. Organizations like Hezbollah require these top commanders, as they are the only ones with connections and real military experience/expertise. 

An all out war would be a disaster for Lebanon right now, who has seen one of the largest depopulation events in history and is reeling economically. Anything that pushes more people away, might result in the end of Lebanon. I don't think that Israel wants another war.

• ThereItIs 1

35 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

^ Agreed, I said they claim 200k, later I stated 100,000, as that is likely the upper threshold, likely less.

I don't know where that 200k number is coming from. Their leader was only boasting about 100k, and that was before things got bad in Lebanon. Plus that number was likely exaggerated and included "reservists", aka untrained and inexperienced guys they would force to fight.

I doubt that Hezbollah has more than 40k troops, and even many of those are likely highly untrained. Their core group of trained fighters is likely in the 10-20k range.

• ThereItIs 1