Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

2 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

This is probably the biggest sign of imminent Iranian retaliation.

7 hours ago - 32°19′N 48°21′E

Iran warned airlines to change their routes due to GPS disruptions. The route changes affected areas in western, southwestern, southern and central Iran

Their pretty good at shooting down commercial airliners.  

I think its today.

Inside this Hour:

9 minutes ago
Two Katyusha rockets on Monday were fired at Iraq's Ain al-Asad air base which hosts U.S. and other international forces in western Iraq, security sources said. It was not clear if the attack caused any casualties or damage inside the base, the sources said

2 hours ago
A source for Sky News Arabia: Jordan informed the United States, Israel and Iran that it will not allow its airspace to be used by any party
2 hours ago
.@kaisos1987 reports: Saudi Arabia tells Iran it would not let it violate the kingdom’s sovereignty and use its airspace to attack Israel: "We are defending ourselves - not Israel"

2 hours ago
Two American destroyers, the USS Laboon and USS Cole, have shifted from the Gulf of Oman to the Red Sea, in the direction of Israel, defense officials say today.The aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt remained in the Gulf of Oman as of this morning
2 hours ago -

Hungarian Foreign Minister Péter Szijjártó called Israeli Foreign Minister Israel Katz on Monday and told him that Iran informed Hungary earlier today that it is going to attack Israel in response to the assassination of the head of Hamas' political bureau, Ismail Haniyeh in Tehran, according to senior Israeli officials

3 hours ago
Chairman of the National Security Committee of the Iranian Shura Council: The assassination of Haniyeh is considered a "declaration of war" and an infringement on Iran's territory

2 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:
3 hours ago
Chairman of the National Security Committee of the Iranian Shura Council: The assassination of Haniyeh is considered a "declaration of war" and an infringement on Iran's territory

This is not an official Iranian statement. Certainly indicates state of mind within their halls.

Iran made Haniyeh their son & a billionaire.   

Maybe consider Gaza their territory too...

Of course all the world is their Caliphate if you allow them to define it that way. As they would! 

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

@SilentSam

I believe this is the best way for future peace anyhow, IF iran chooses to be hostile, take away their holy war weapon of the future. It isn't a matter of 'if' iran would nuke isreal, or try to, it is a matter of when. Kill that goose before it lays an egg. I was hopeful the US would have done that 8 or 9 years ago. Sadly they did not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I believe this is the best way for future peace anyhow, IF iran chooses to be hostile, take away their holy war weapon of the future. It isn't a matter of 'if' iran would nuke isreal, or try to, it is a matter of when. Kill that goose before it lays an egg. I was hopeful the US would have done that 8 or 9 years ago. Sadly they did not. 

With all of the public sentiment for & offered to Palestinians?  Myself included.  I do wish Israel had more progressive policies. Yet I understand its not the only issue.

It is unfortunate how many ignore that Palestinians do not really have control themselves. Which is ignored by many, makes them a double victim to me.

They are run by corrupt militants.  Who themselves are at the disposal of nutbag masters in Tehran. 

More than half the Arabic world would happily kill Khomeini; but do his bidding. Persians are not Arabic & another natural enemy. See Saudi Arabia.

They would kill each other to pick a prophet. Which should be spelled profit. And ruling the Holy Land is desirable for all of them; hence Israel's plight. 

Sharesies! All are welcome, including your idea's and religion, 'if we rule' seems so far away.  The rule for peace. 

• Like 1

Everyone sleeping on one single minor detail here.iran by all accounts has the bits and pieces in part or whole to start manufacturing a nuclear weapon.

They don't need gold.  Or oil.  Or worthless Russian currency.

They need the pieces they are missing to make the actual bomb work. By making their own enriched or fissionable materials, they'd leave no discernable trace of Russian involvement, and by using the missing pieces donated by Russia they can obliterate Israeli cities regardless of the firestorm they'd receive in return

I said it a long time ago.  There's only one thing they need from Russia and there's every possible situation that Russia could have delivered it

Just saying.  Things to consider 

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Everyone sleeping on one single minor detail here.iran by all accounts has the bits and pieces in part or whole to start manufacturing a nuclear weapon.

They need the pieces they are missing to make the actual bomb work. By making their own enriched or fissionable materials, they'd leave no discernable trace of Russian involvement, and by using the missing pieces donated by Russia they can obliterate Israeli cities regardless of the firestorm they'd receive in return

I said it a long time ago.  There's only one thing they need from Russia and there's every possible situation that Russia could have delivered it

Why do you think Russia got all those drones? 

I hope Israel and/or the US knows where the nuclear sites are and they take that shit out.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

Couldn't agree more.  Mutually assured destruction doesn't work with religious fanatics who think they're getting 72 virgins in the afterlife after suing the nukes.

• ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Your post is astute. Smak on the money.

Yet reading the 6 or 8 posts directly above yours suggests not all are sleeping on it. Israel is not. 

(in five hours it will be August 7th in Iran)

38 minutes ago -

The Iranian Aviation Organization issued a NOTAM on Tuesday to warn pilots and aviation authorities about a risk of gun firing activities in western Iran on August 7 and 8, setting the danger zone up to an altitude of 12,000 feet

7 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:
(in five hours it will be August 7th in Iran)

38 minutes ago -

The Iranian Aviation Organization issued a NOTAM on Tuesday to warn pilots and aviation authorities about a risk of gun firing activities in western Iran on August 7 and 8, setting the danger zone up to an altitude of 12,000 feet

What does Iran really think it can accomplish? Aren't they just setting themselves up to be toppled?

Or do they finally have a nuclear device and want to create the conditions to use it?

35 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

What does Iran really think it can accomplish? Aren't they just setting themselves up to be toppled?

Or do they finally have a nuclear device and want to create the conditions to use it?

Iran is trying to re-establish deterrence

No consequences to foreign military activity on its soil means the regime is entirely finished. 

Irans response will be direct but restrained is my guess. Probably a drone attack on an Israeli military base or something to that effect. 

If Iran already had a nuclear device we would know already. Israel has operatives embedded all throughout the IRGC. 

• Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

On 8/2/2024 at 11:31 PM, Ilunga said:

@Taxi has accused me 3 times making false claims, when I have provided factual information from credible sources to back up my claims.

He also claimed that I denied that the Jews/Isrealis had long ties to Isreal when literally the page before I had mentioned the first and second temple amongst other historical ties the Israeli people have to the land.

He then refused to admit he was wrong when he accused me of this.

Where have I stated anyone else is a liar roman ?

Where have I stated I am superior in anyway to anyone ?

I never have. 

I am not superior to anyone in anyway.

As usual you make up things as you go along.

Your continued personal attacks illustrate that you are in the wrong.

Rather than provide rational, logical arguments, you attack people.

So  you admit that Jews have historical, cultural and ethnic ties to Israel, and their desire for a homeland there is based upon these ties?

UN probe finds 9 UNRWA employees ‘may have’ been involved in October 7 attack

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/05/middleeast/un-probe-unwra-gaza-israel-intl-latam/index.html

“The evidence obtained by OIOS indicated that the UNRWA staff members may have been involved in the armed attacks of 7 October 2023,”

Add to this the Dr and the Journalist who literally were holding hostages in their house in Gaza, and a picture is coming to light finally that entirely substantiates Israel's claims about UNRWA and so called Journalists being literally Hamas members. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

UN probe finds 9 UNRWA employees ‘may have’ been involved in October 7 attack

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/05/middleeast/un-probe-unwra-gaza-israel-intl-latam/index.html

Wasnt this going to be obviously the case though? Out of 30k employees, half of which operate in Gaza, all of which are local-hires, you're going to have some members of Hamas.

This should in no way delegitimize UNRWA. 

3 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

Wasnt this going to be obviously the case though? Out of 30k employees, half of which operate in Gaza, all of which are local-hires, you're going to have some members of Hamas.

This should in no way delegitimize UNRWA. 

Oh, no no. Some time ago it was made common knowledge that HAMAS actually won or took the contract to provide the people to UNRWA in the strip. Literally Hamas won the tender to provide thousands of people to staff UNRWA positions. 

Now if you were a terrorist organization that seized power and cancelled all future elections and tossed your political opponents off roof tops to keep power: are you going to let just anyone take those jobs or are  you going to staff them with your own operatives and insiders to keep all the 'good money' coming into Gaza to yourselves?

EDIT: it wasn't just incidental crossover, it was years worth of planning and infiltration and ultimately taking on the labour contract to Hamas itself. This isn't like 3%, it was something like 3000 Hamas members infiltrating UNRWA.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Oh, no no. Some time ago it was made common knowledge that HAMAS actually won or took the contract to provide the people to UNRWA in the strip. Literally Hamas won the tender to provide thousands of people to staff UNRWA positions. 

Now if you were a terrorist organization that seized power and cancelled all future elections and tossed your political opponents off roof tops to keep power: are you going to let just anyone take those jobs or are  you going to staff them with your own operatives and insiders to keep all the 'good money' coming into Gaza to yourselves?

EDIT: it wasn't just incidental crossover, it was years worth of planning and infiltration and ultimately taking on the labour contract to Hamas itself. This isn't like 3%, it was something like 3000 Hamas members infiltrating UNRWA.

that feels like a massive allegation that if true would have led to the defunding of UNRWA whenever it came to light

is there evidence of this? plenty of "common knowledge" is just unsubstantiated propaganda

On 11/21/2023 at 11:05 PM, Optimist Prime said:

Some of the best jobs in Gaza are the 5000 UNRWA positions, paid by the UN, so us here in Canada pay our portion of that bill. I thought it was only 3000 but the guy on Amanpour stated 5000. Hamas won basically union elections and it is estimated that somewhere between 30% and 80 % of UNRWA staff are Hamas members. Remember they are the better paying jobs and there is always access to food and water. At the low end it is 1 in 3, at the high end 8 of every ten. In some ways Hamas is wearing blue vests and operating in open daylight. This is how those ambulances end up full of hamas fighters and rockets, but also how UNWRA is still operating, Hamas still needs to try to govern and are relegating food and aid to UNWRA, but really still them. It also explains the great lengths to prevent the IDF from simply walking into the hospitals. If there was no Hamas inside, the IDF wouldn't have had to fight their way in. That is just common sense. This is, I believe why the wests/Israels authorities don't trust the numbers, from UNRWA, as that unit is compromised.

sorry to quote myself, it is a bad practice, but back in November this was known. 

• ThereItIs 1

28 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

that feels like a massive allegation that if true would have led to the defunding of UNRWA whenever it came to light

is there evidence of this? plenty of "common knowledge" is just unsubstantiated propaganda

I am not going to go back into the UN library and rehash what is now being proven strait up in the news. Enjoy your googling. 

EDIT: also of note is that the west did defund UNRWA around January or February of this year...some monies trickled back into UNRWA from various western nations as political posturing and various groups supporting Hamas and/or Gaza put pressure into re-funding the UN group. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1