Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2024/08/10/executions-surge-as-iran-uses-tensions-with-israel-as-cover/

Iran has executed a record number of prisoners while global attention has been focused on the prospect it may go to war with Israel.
Human rights observers say the Islamic Republic is using international tensions as cover while it cracks down on dissent at home
On Wednesday, the regime carried out its largest mass execution in more than two decades, putting 29 prisoners to death in a single day.
One day earlier, Reza Resaei, a young Kurdish-Iranian protester arrested during demonstrations in 2022, was hanged in the western city of Kermanshah.
The 34-year-old was the tenth protester to be executed over the uprising sparked by the death in custody of Mahsa Amini, a 22 year-old detained by morality police for supposedly not wearing a hijab in September 2022.
Resaei was alleged to have killed an officer during the subsequent protests. His family, who maintain his innocence, were denied a final visit before his execution, which was carried out in secret.
“[Resaei] was the most voiceless of those executed. The EU and other countries did not protest his execution a lot because the attention is elsewhere,” said Mansoura Shojaee, an Iranian women’s rights researcher and activist in the Netherlands.
“While global and domestic media attention have been focused on regional tensions with Israel, the Iranian authorities have carried out the abhorrent arbitrary execution in secret of a young man,” said Diana Eltahawy of Amnesty International.
According to Amnesty, Rasaei was subjected to torture and other ill-treatment, including sexual violence, then sentenced to death in a sham trial.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

Pallywood is hard at work now…

It's not surprising you are pushing a conspiracy theory - term.

" No Palestinians are not faking the devastation in Gaza "

" Palestinian are being falsely accused of engaging in " pallywood " and staging the horrors they're experiencing in Gaza. It's not the first time. "

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/what-is-pallywood-palestinians-falsely-accused-faking-devastation-1234869765/

" Often accusations of " pallywood " theatrics turn out to be recycled footage of past conflicts or completely unrelated events. 

One viral video purporting to show Gazans staging actors as bodies was revealed to be footage from the 2013 student protest in Egypt. Another viral image of an alleged Palestinian sitting up and texting while wrapped in a body bag was identified as a Halloween costume from a 2022 contest in Thailand. A video claiming to have caught " pallywood in action " was revealed to be set footage from a zombie themed ad filmed in Algeria. A 2017 news segment discussing makeup artists working to build Gaza's film industry was passed off as evidence that Palestinians fake their injuries. "

" Misinformation has always been a tool in the digital warfare that accompanies modern military conflict, but accusations of " pallywood " serve a uniquely insidious purpose. " It allows people the mental space to disregard real evidence of civilian harm " Doak tells rolling stone. " In a secondary sense, it's particularly problematic because once somebody sees a video and they are convinced that this is a Palestinian - for example - faking injuries they will take that context to other pieces of media they see and they'll approach it with much more suspicion. "

The irony of you, using a Russian technique, placing the blame for war crimes on the victims is not lost on me.

7 hours ago, Ilunga said:

It's not surprising you are pushing a conspiracy theory - term.

" No Palestinians are not faking the devastation in Gaza "

" Palestinian are being falsely accused of engaging in " pallywood " and staging the horrors they're experiencing in Gaza. It's not the first time. "

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/what-is-pallywood-palestinians-falsely-accused-faking-devastation-1234869765/

" Often accusations of " pallywood " theatrics turn out to be recycled footage of past conflicts or completely unrelated events. 

One viral video purporting to show Gazans staging actors as bodies was revealed to be footage from the 2013 student protest in Egypt. Another viral image of an alleged Palestinian sitting up and texting while wrapped in a body bag was identified as a Halloween costume from a 2022 contest in Thailand. A video claiming to have caught " pallywood in action " was revealed to be set footage from a zombie themed ad filmed in Algeria. A 2017 news segment discussing makeup artists working to build Gaza's film industry was passed off as evidence that Palestinians fake their injuries. "

" Misinformation has always been a tool in the digital warfare that accompanies modern military conflict, but accusations of " pallywood " serve a uniquely insidious purpose. " It allows people the mental space to disregard real evidence of civilian harm " Doak tells rolling stone. " In a secondary sense, it's particularly problematic because once somebody sees a video and they are convinced that this is a Palestinian - for example - faking injuries they will take that context to other pieces of media they see and they'll approach it with much more suspicion. "

The irony of you, using a Russian technique, placing the blame for war crimes on the victims is not lost on me.

I’m not surprised you’ve fallen again to Hamas lies

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

Where have I fallen for Hamas' lies ?

I made no claims about that attack on the school.

All I have done is call you out for using the  conspiracy theory term " pallywood ".

I have provided information from a credible source about false claims made by Isreal in the past in regards to Palestinians faking injuries/deaths, and how this is linked to the term pallywood. 

My source 

Rolling Stone a well respected magazine 

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/rolling-stone/

Factual reporting High  

MBFC Rating 

High Credibility

You really need to take lessons in critical thinking roman.

I recommend anyone watch this video twice. Its ten years old. 

In sectarian violence Shia Hezbollah herd Syrian Sunni citizens & fighters in to Lebanon during the Syrian civil war. Later to be slaughtered. Waging somebody else's war.

Riding to the rescue of Assad in Syria, who oddly enough is not Shia.  As commanded by Iran who provides weapons & direction.  In reality to secure long term aid from Khomeini to expand their presence in Lebanon. Further making hundreds of millions controlling arms, people and black market smuggling in the ME. Unfortunately, for them, just mercenaries believing they are fighting a holy war! Dieing to expand the wealth of their elders, expand power for the party of God. 

Sunni refugee's call the it the party of Satan! Does anyone actually believe Hamas, a Sunni group, is not just another pawn, a true ally of Shia Iran, Houthi's & Nasrallah? 

To me its disgusting Iran covertly appeal to people's sympathies around the world. For Palestinians, ten years ago for Syrians. Forgotten are Kurds, Yazidi.

They could not give a fuck!  

33 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

My source 

Rolling Stone a well respected magazine 

Fantastic / Iconic cultural magazine.

Its all designed to blow our minds.  A lot a little teenage blue eyed groupies; who'll do anything we say? 

I'm gunna buy 5 copies for my mother!

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, RomanPer said:

Pallywood or otherwise; there is collateral damage in such a strike.  I mentioned earlier; I preferred the strike on Haniyeh. The world see's it as a big crime as it was in Iran.

There were less innocents killed.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Fantastic / Iconic cultural magazine.

Its all designed to blow our minds.  A lot a little teenage blue eyed groupies; who'll do anything we say? 

I'm gunna buy 5 copies for my mother!

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/rolling-stone/

As the fact checking site media bias states

Apart from a high factual reporting record and High credibility rating 

" Rolling Stone is a monthly magazine and website that covers music, pop culture and politics. Over the last 50+ years Rolling Stone has produced long - formed well researched journalism on a wide variety of topics, especially as it relates to politics. 

In general Rolling Stone reports news factually and with proper sourcing; however their opinions are consistently left biased ".

As it pertains to the article I quoted in regards to the conspiracy term " pallywood ", it detailed incidents of false information provided by the Isrealis in regards to Palestinians faking injuries/deaths, and provided links to back up their reporting.

I can tell you this, I will use trusted sources of information like Rolling Stone that have been around for decades.

Using random dudes from twitter as sources for your information, how can you know for sure they are actually telling the truth.

They aren't fact checked. 

Remember the organisation I talked about, ex Isreali soldiers that spoke out about war crimes they saw committed while they were serving  in the West Bank and Gaza ?

This guy, Achiya Schatz used to be one of their members and now runs an organisation called FakeReporter.

They fact check and debunk false claims made on the internet.

https://www.npr.org/2023/10/26/1208179128/is-it-true-or-not-israeli-group-fakereporter-fact-checks-while-seeking-shelter

" Before Fake reporter, Schatz, 38, was a spokesman for an organisation called Breaking the silence, which published anonymous testimonies of Israeli soldiers who claimed they witnessed unethical conduct during their service in the West Bank and Gaza.

It was called " perhaps Israel's most hated NGO "  by the magazine Jerusalem Report since the group highlights the dark underbelly of the Palestinian occupation ".

" At the start of the war, Schatz said the day to day work was especially challenging because social media companies had no open lines of communication, especially X (formerly known as twitter ) since the owner Elon Musk had gutted the company's trust and safety team. "

Recently X, and all the other platforms have been more responsive to what Fake reporter is finding, Schatz says "

Again how can you trust random sources on twitter, many of which have been shown to post false information.

As I have stated before, I post from credible news organisations that have been around for decades and have a high to very high level of factual reporting.

And high credibility. 

Reuters 

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/reuters/

And The Conversation 

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-conversation/

Being the best sources.

Very high factual reporting

High Credibility 

Least biased.

46 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Pallywood or otherwise; there is collateral damage in such a strike.  I mentioned earlier; I preferred the strike on Haniyeh. The world see's it as a big crime as it was in Iran.

Yes, I am all for killing Hamas' members, especially their leaders.

I also understand they use innocent Palestinians as shields so it's hard, virtually impossible, to not kill innocents when taking out Hamas' leaders.

Still some of the images I saw of women and children after the strike were pretty messed up. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Alflives said:

Good. Kill all those Hamas buggers who hide behind women, children, and the ill. 

Did you even watch the video? Most of the people killed were innocents.

Since the start of this conflict Israel has killed almost 40,000 Palestinians- including almost 15,000 children.

Israel is not the “good guy” in this story anymore, if they ever were. They’ve gone way too far and need to stand down.

• ThereItIs 1
  • Wiener 1

5 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

What collateral damage are we talking about in an attack that occurred at 5 AM?

19 minutes ago, Babych said:

Did you even watch the video? Most of the people killed were innocents.

Since the start of this conflict Israel has killed almost 40,000 Palestinians- including almost 15,000 children.

Israel is not the “good guy” in this story anymore, if they ever were. They’ve gone way too far and need to stand down.

Your numbers are simply incorrect. This is what Hamas wants you to believe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ilunga said:

Again how can you trust random sources on twitter,

I don't have Twitter. I don't trust or want to support Musk. 

I evaluate credibility on my own. Without relying on bias or political confirmation from an outside source. Do I get fooled sometimes, yeah. Not usually for long. I also don't miss news because I avoid sources based on someone else's bias. Example for the obvious, I do understand Trump is only orange, sickly because of the bleach he injects... 

I also post biased sources. Al Jazeera? Fox... Sometimes with a disclaimer, but almost always because there is something to be learned from the message.

Even if it's satire to bring out the best in some.

• Huggy Bear 1

22 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

What collateral damage are we talking about in an attack that occurred at 5 AM?

When I go to the Middle East, or Turkey, I wander around & take pictures after all the bloody call to prayers wake me up at 4AM! Everybody in that compound would be up, just have been up...

Its the type of place where you do that if you want to stay. Get fed. Edit; you could argue that you have to play Hamas's game to be there & there would be truth to it.  But some also do what they have to to survive sometimes. Hamas could also bomb a Likud party convention?

So there were people. Not as surgical as a small bomb under a bed. A bomb / missile designed to kill 20 specific insurgents has a hard time checking ID. Limiting itself. There are innocents just as much as there are also inflated figures.

Edited by Canuck Surfer

54 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Your numbers are simply incorrect. This is what Hamas wants you to believe.

So Hamas controls cnn, Reuters, Al Jazeera, etc?

I wasn’t aware they had that much of a reach. 

• Cheers 1