Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

33 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

You reminded me of one of my longest standing favourite songs. I had to give it another listen. cheers Dave. @Ilunga

Hide contents

Watching them come and go
The Templars and the Saracens
They're travelling the holy land
Opening telegrams
Torture comes and torture goes
Knights who'd give you anything
They bear the cross of Coeur de Leon
Salvation for the mirror blind

But if you pray
All your sins are hooked upon the sky
Pray and the heathen lie will disappear

Prayers they hide the saddest view
(Believing the strangest things, loving the alien)
And your prayers, they break the sky in two

Thinking of a different time
Palestine a modern problem
Bounty and your wealth in land
Terror in a best laid plan
Watching them come and go
Tomorrows and the yesterdays
Christians and the unbelievers
Hanging by the cross and nail

But if you pray
All your sins are hooked upon the sky
Pray and the heathen lie will disappear

Prayers they hide the saddest view
And your prayers, they break the sky in two

You pray 'til the break of dawn
And you'll believe you're loving the alien

Love me some Bowie.

So powerful that song, and so pertinent on a few levels.

When I think about any conflict, I think about this song. 

Now I know that in this particular conflict it's not that simple.

Hamas' leaders were/are criminal/terrorists, even before this particular phase of this never ending conflict.

And Netanyahu was and is a corrupt despot.

However most conflicts have been old men sending young men to die while others make huge " profits ". 

And in relation to people like you, your country, which is a " good " moral country, sends people like you into places where you are traumatized for life by what you experience.  

Can you see why I don't believe there are really any winners in war.

Just those that survive, and have to live with what they've experienced. 

I know that this is somewhat different on an international scale, however the politicians and people in the US, who claim,

the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun.

Well they are ridiculed right ?

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

Love me some Bowie.

Hamas' leaders were/are criminal/terrorists, even before this particular phase of this never ending conflict.

However most conflicts have been old men sending young men to die while others make huge " profits ". 

And in relation to people like you, your country, which is a " good " moral country, sends people like you into places where you are traumatized for life by what you experience.  

I know that this is somewhat different on an international scale, however the politicians and people in the US, who claim,

oh man, I was a poor young lad with no cable tv until the 80's when my da was promoted to run a camp of 500 loggers as the Superintendent. He bought a nicer house and moved us to Abbotsford and we got cable. Better yet he was gone 3 weeks of the month, a violent drunk, for me it was better that way. Anywho... one of the first songs I got to watch the video for was Frankie Goes to Hollywood: Two Tribes, and also Authority Song by John Cougar Melloncamp. I forget the third video that first day (might have been Mr Roboto), but it was epic for lil me. I related so well to the whole lot of them and dove into music head over heals. I think that is why i like Arcade Fire so much, they embody so much of the 70s and 80s musical influences that I love. Our dear Canadian First Lady Sophie Trudeau plays on this track, "Wake Up" from their debut album: And here is Bowie playing that song with the band..hehe. For me this song is also on topic.

Spoiler
Somethin' filled up
My heart with nothin'
Someone told me not to cry
Now that I'm older
My heart's colder
And I can see that it's a lie
Children, wake up
Hold your mistake up
Before they turn the summer into dust
If the children don't grow up
Our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up
We're just a million little god's causin' rain storms
Turnin' every good thing to rust
I guess we'll just have to adjust
With my lightnin' bolts a-glowin
I can see where I am goin' to be
When the reaper he reaches and touches my hand
With my lightnin' bolts a-glowin'
I can see where I am goin'
I can see where I am go, goin'
You better look out below

• Huggy Bear 1

Iran & Syria have denied this occurred as per the video. I also reported, well posted a report, of this 5 days ago. What was originally reported as an air strike on a weapons facility, or Syrian citizens depending on who reported? Was then reported as a special op's raid on that facility.

Odd;

* It is either positive? Decided against a retaliation.  FTR have not replied directly to Haniyehs death  in Tehran directly either.

* Or got caught red handed? The plans, documents and quote / unquote arrests of IRCG members.

Interesting & a day after news of the above ^^ incursion & weapon factory raid.

Turks are of course not Arab. Someone smarter than me can break this one down? My two guesses;

* Ottoman's of course ruled over Syria, ruthlessly, for 600 years leading up to WWI?

* Or maybe its that they have a 'security zone' staked, bigger than Gaza & the West Bank, with over a million to this day in refugee camps in Northern Syria & Iraq? 

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Iran & Syria have denied this occurred as per the video.

Like Mossad operations; neither did Israel acknowledge this raid.  It was a wow moment though by descriptions of commentators; 'Where Eagles Dare!' 

* A bunker to build missiles in the side of a mountain, impervious to air attack.  

* Taken out by raid instead...

FAFO!

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Damn llunga.. you're like a Shaolin Priest like Caine!:

That sounds so cheesy however it is true.

It takes more courage to run away, than it does to fight back. 

I do know there are limits. 

My username Ilunga, that is a Tshiluba word that is considered the hardest word to translate into English.

It's meaning is, 

a person who is ready to forgive any abuse for the first time, tolerate it a second time, but never a third time. 

I still hold to my belief that violence doesn't solve problems, it only exacerbates them, creates more. 

I loved that series when I was younger. 

I used to train, karate and boxing.

Practising my Kata's was not just a psychical excersise, it was also a mental exercise.

Later in my thirties I trained with my friend who was an amatuer mixed martial artist. 

He introduced me to BJJ, Brazilian Jiu-jitsu. 

Nothing like two sweaty grown men, rolling around grappling each other. 

• Cheers 1

Re-visiting the roots of Hamas. When they did not want to sign the Oslo accords? This type of attack was common. Twenty plus years ago.

Many of the exchanged criminals for hostages 6 months ago had been imprisoned for stuff like this.

Here the attacker was killed.

The movement still wants no peace; so unfortunate for Palestinians.

12 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

That sounds so cheesy however it is true.

It takes more courage to run away, than it does to fight back. 

I do know there are limits. 

My username Ilunga, that is a Tshiluba word that is considered the hardest word to translate into English.

It's meaning is, 

a person who is ready to forgive any abuse for the first time, tolerate it a second time, but never a third time. 

I still hold to my belief that violence doesn't solve problems, it only exacerbates them, creates more. 

Practising my Kata's was not just a psychical excersise, it was also a mental exercise.

Later in my thirties I trained with my friend who was an amatuer mixed martial artist. 

It was a series ahead of it's time (IMHO).  Nothing like it at the time. 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2024 at 9:23 PM, Optimist Prime said:

oh man, I was a poor young lad with no cable tv until the 80's when my da was promoted to run a camp of 500 loggers as the Superintendent. He bought a nicer house and moved us to Abbotsford and we got cable. Better yet he was gone 3 weeks of the month, a violent drunk, for me it was better that way. Anywho... one of the first songs I got to watch the video for was Frankie Goes to Hollywood: Two Tribes, and also Authority Song by John Cougar Melloncamp. I forget the third video that first day (might have been Mr Roboto), but it was epic for lil me. I related so well to the whole lot of them and dove into music head over heals. I think that is why i like Arcade Fire so much, they embody so much of the 70s and 80s musical influences that I love. Our dear Canadian First Lady Sophie Trudeau plays on this track, "Wake Up" from their debut album: And here is Bowie playing that song with the band..hehe. For me this song is also on topic.

Reveal hidden contents
Somethin' filled up
My heart with nothin'
Someone told me not to cry
Now that I'm older
My heart's colder
And I can see that it's a lie
Children, wake up
Hold your mistake up
Before they turn the summer into dust
If the children don't grow up
Our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up
We're just a million little god's causin' rain storms
Turnin' every good thing to rust
I guess we'll just have to adjust
With my lightnin' bolts a-glowin
I can see where I am goin' to be
When the reaper he reaches and touches my hand
I can see where I am goin'
I can see where I am go, goin'
You better look out below

Not sure if you meant that as a joke but was a different Sophie Trudeau😄 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophie_Trudeau_(musician)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophie_Grégoire_Trudeau

• chaos 1

2 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Not sure if you meant that as a joke but was a different Sophie Trudeau😄 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophie_Trudeau_(musician)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophie_Grégoire_Trudeau

I honestly assumed it was the same lady. hahaha.... colour me red. 

5 hours ago, Ilunga said:

...and talking about Bejayjays. ; p
kidding, i kid. Mostly i am replying because Kung Fu was awesome and at least twice I remember faking sick so i could stay home and watch it in the weekday daytime. WHo needed to do more math anyways?

• Like 1

Will the Israelis or Americans do a preemptive strike on Iranian nuclear sites prior to their having a functioning bomb? Press is saying there is a 2 week envelope. 

It is highly unlikely the IDF does not have a action plan in place. The Iranians never reacted to the IDF attack that killed Hexbollah leadership in Tehran some months ago. They likely did not so that their weapon could be finalized. 

• Sad 1

On 9/14/2024 at 8:16 PM, Ilunga said:

Love me some Bowie.

I've posted this before but there was this strange battle in WW2 involving American troops vs a German SS unit.  Now, that in itself isn't strange but rather the other forces that faught *WITH* the Americans against that SS unit.  A group of Austrians led by a Major Josef Gangl *AND* a SS officer!  Battle involved a rescue operation in a medieval castle (I kid you not).  A bunch of French VIP were kept there (former French PMs and even Charles de Gaulle's sister).  Gangl was also part of an Austrian resistance movement (so the reasoning for him wanting to help makes sense).

Funny part is that a CBC reporter managed to be in the vicinity to record the event.  The reporter was Rene Levesque!

Why this hasn't been made into a Hollywood movie amazes me.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I've posted this before but there was this strange battle in WW2 involving American troops vs a German SS unit.  Now, that in itself isn't strange but rather the other forces that faught *WITH* the Americans against that SS unit.  A group of Austrians led by a Major Josef Gangl *AND* a SS officer!  Battle involved a rescue operation in a medieval castle (I kid you not).  A bunch of French VIP were kept there (former French PMs and even Charles de Gaulle's sister).  Gangl was also part of an Austrian resistance movement (so the reasoning for him wanting to help makes sense).

Funny part is that a CBC reporter managed to be in the vicinity to record the event.  The reporter was Rene Levesque!

Why this hasn't been made into a Hollywood movie amazes me.

I can remember you posting about this battle. 

Details are vague, my memory is fucked. 

As for a movie about this 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5138232/

https://www.filmneweurope.com/news/serbia-news/item/125647-production-us-serbian-war-drama-battle-for-castle-itter-enters-postproduction

US - Serbian collaboration that was shot in Serbia February - March this year.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

an impressive capability, whoever did it. Now the Lebanese Government can simply arrest all those fighting age men at the hospitals. But i bet they won't. 
Carrying a Terrorists pager doesn't automatically make one a terrorist i suppose. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

21 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

an impressive capability, whoever did it. Now the Lebanese Government can simply arrest all those fighting age men at the hospitals. But i bet they won't. 
Carrying a Terrorists pager doesn't automatically make one a terrorist i suppose. 

Well, at least it now guarantees much lower number of future offspring for these terrorists.

Here's another funny note - after several events in the last year, some media around the world would propagate jokes originating in Israel as true facts. These jokes were all based using English writing of some Hebrew words that would sound like an Israeli name but in reality would be representing a play on words (for example, Iran's president's helicopter crash was attributed to Mossad agent "Eli Kopter" by some French media 🙂). Guess what - it's happening now as well. Solovyov (russian propagandist, who is Jewish but probably doesn't know Hebrew) posted on his Twitter that most likely responsible for this attack is Mossad agent "Makhshir Kesher". One little problem - these words in Hebrew mean "communication device" 🙂. Let's see if it stays just on his channel or any other language reporters pick it up as a "fact".