Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

34 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

an impressive capability, whoever did it. Now the Lebanese Government can simply arrest all those fighting age men at the hospitals. But i bet they won't. 
Carrying a Terrorists pager doesn't automatically make one a terrorist i suppose. 

It's quite the feat. But maybe there's one really wealthy Lebanese tech guy now living on an island somewhere.

42 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Twitter that most likely responsible for this attack is Mossad agent "Makhshir Kesher". One little problem - these words in Hebrew mean "communication device" 🙂. Let's see if it stays just on his channel or any other language reporters pick it up as a "fact".

makes him kosher? hehe... ten percent off please, just the tip.

I am sorry I couldn't resist. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Optimist Prime said:

an impressive capability, whoever did it. Now the Lebanese Government can simply arrest all those fighting age men at the hospitals. But i bet they won't. 
Carrying a Terrorists pager doesn't automatically make one a terrorist i suppose. 

Should be easy to find all of the terrorists now.  Any fighting age man missing their testicles should be arrested immediately. 

22 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Could this be done purely by software, or would there have to be a physical bypass of some kind? 

I highly doubt it. The batteries in the pagers are way too small to cause an explosion by overheating. Plus, the overheating must be instantaneous for the target not to feel it warming up. I don't have any info beyond what's in the news, but my vote is for some sort of tinkering with the device before delivery.

One meme that I saw goes - this is an end game of a very long multi step operation. It started in 1928 when we founded Motorola 🙂 (I don't claim that Galvin brothers were Jewish, it's just a joke 🙂)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

I highly doubt it. The batteries in the pagers are way too small to cause an explosion by overheating. Plus, the overheating must be instantaneous for the target not to feel it warming up. I don't have any info beyond what's in the news, but my vote is for some sort of tinkering with the device before delivery.

One meme that I saw goes - this is an end game of a very long multi step operation. It started in 1928 when we founded Motorola 🙂 (I don't claim that Galvin brothers were Jewish, it's just a joke 🙂)

Sounds like it was a small amount of explosives inserted in a batch they ordered before they were delivered.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

First thing I thought.

We're all fooked. 

One more thing to be paranoid about.

If Israel (or someone) could do this to a batch of pagers destined for their enemy, what's to stop terrorists from doing this to a batch of cell phones going to a particular country in order to cause random destruction?

2 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

If Israel (or someone) could do this to a batch of pagers destined for their enemy, what's to stop terrorists from doing this to a batch of cell phones going to a particular country in order to cause random destruction?

Because we’re not pieces of shit terrorists who deserve to have their balls blown off. Seriously F those bastards. It’s good they’re dead or suffering with no balls. 

53 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Ok thanks that was my feeling on it but you are the software guy 🙂

9 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

I'm re-thinking carrying my phone in my front pocket.

1 hour ago, UnkNuk said:

I don’t think any terrorist organization has that level of intelligence, access and resources Israel does.

4 hours ago, RomanPer said:

Yes, if the user of a cell phone is a terrorist who doesn't control the entire supply chain of their devices.

Ballin ass move. Reminds me of The Wire when the cops sold pre tapped burner phones to the Barksdale crew....but with way worse consequences for the shitbags. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UnkNuk said:

Why couldn't explosives be added to a cell phone?

They absolutely can be and Israel has done it in the past with a few terrorists. But it’s very expensive and no normal person should be worried about it. Explosives can be put under a car - does this mean we all have to worry about our cars being loaded with explosives?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1