Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

13 hours ago, RomanPer said:

I highly doubt it. The batteries in the pagers are way too small to cause an explosion by overheating. Plus, the overheating must be instantaneous for the target not to feel it warming up. I don't have any info beyond what's in the news, but my vote is for some sort of tinkering with the device before delivery.

One meme that I saw goes - this is an end game of a very long multi step operation. It started in 1928 when we founded Motorola 🙂 (I don't claim that Galvin brothers were Jewish, it's just a joke 🙂)

It was the batteries heating up that set off the PETN explosive planted inside.  Friggin' ingenious. 

They switched to pagers for the sole reason that Mossad kept intercepting their calls. 

I look forward to seeing Mossad cracking Hezbollah's upcoming smoke signals. 💭   😂

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

The threat of Iran having a functioning nuke in a weeks time is looming. Do we see a preemptive strike? 

Yes. Terrorists cannot have nukes. We see what Pootin does using nukes as a constant threat. Iran would be worse. IMO the US (and allies) will bomb those nuclear sites in Iran when necessary. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Yes. Terrorists cannot have nukes. We see what Pootin does using nukes as a constant threat. Iran would be worse. IMO the US (and allies) will bomb those nuclear sites in Iran when necessary. 

I suspect there are action plans in place by the IDF. Israel cannot trust any ally to do this job and will take the strike. Hezbollah and Iran have quieted down in anticipation of finishing their weapon.  

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Boudrias said:

I suspect there are action plans in place by the IDF. Israel cannot trust any ally to do this job and will take the strike. Hezbollah and Iran have quieted down in anticipation of finishing their weapon.  

I would think that the US would be involved in some way.

But yeah if they actually know where all of these facilities are it's time to remove them.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

If Iran uses a nuke their country and any associated with that usage, will be turned to glass. Their leaders, who live like kings, know this. Imo they will threaten but not use because of their king-like lives. They don’t want to give that up. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

If Iran uses a nuke their country and any associated with that usage, will be turned to glass. Their leaders, who live like kings, know this. Imo they will threaten but not use because of their king-like lives. They don’t want to give that up. 

It's not so much the kings, but the crazy nephews with access to the debit card. Some of these guys like to play games and fund a bin Laden or two.

I like to think that the US and/or Israel knows exactly where the nuclear facilities are and can take them out anytime. Hope I'm right.

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It's not so much the kings, but the crazy nephews with access to the debit card. Some of these guys like to play games and fund a bin Laden or two.

I like to think that the US and/or Israel knows exactly where the nuclear facilities are and can take them out anytime. Hope I'm right.

Iran has plenty of surrogates they have cultivated over many years. I sympathized with Iran when Saddam tried to take them out. Millions killed. I can understand their desire for protection. That said their governent uses terror and religion to retain power. Would a nuke capability modify Iran's agressive foreign policy? Are the mullahs as radical as we think? It appears they are to me but what do I know? At a minimum I think their nuke program has to be taken out.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

Iran has plenty of surrogates they have cultivated over many years. I sympathized with Iran when Saddam tried to take them out. Millions killed. I can understand their desire for protection. That said their governent uses terror and religion to retain power. Would a nuke capability modify Iran's agressive foreign policy? Are the mullahs as radical as we think? It appears they are to me but what do I know? At a minimum I think their nuke program has to be taken out.  

If Iran was a stable democracy with proper checks and balances it's a different discussion.

If they actually reach functional nukes, we are one prayer away from one of these guys pushing the button.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Pagers, walkie talkies, now solar panels. Next up, tv's + remotes, and microwaves?

I would think the message has been sent, Israel can respond to terror attacks and not even launch one missile.

But in a few days or hours we will probably see some stupid response from Hezbollah.

• Upvote 1
  • chaos 1

1 hour ago, Chickenspear said:

Pagers, walkie talkies, now solar panels. Next up, tv's + remotes, and microwaves?

It starts looking like a 10 plagues of Lebanon now... Does that mean Moses had his own Mossad back in a day? 🙂 

• Vintage 2

I know it's wrong for me to take joy in mass neutering by exploding pager, losing your face to your walkie talkie, and seeing your house be de-roofed by your own solar panels, but it's still making me laugh.  The sheer brilliance of turning terrorists own equipment against them is exceptionally clever.  Israel has turned it into an art form.

I hope karma is taking the day off and hasn't seen me chuckling.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

not sure what she's trying to accomplish here. 

That it’s pretty reckless to detonate explosives in public spaces?

You can’t fight terrorism like this without becoming exactly what you claim to stand against.

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

not sure what she's trying to accomplish here. 

She's showing her true colours Bob.  This is the problem with the US.  The right is too far right and the left is too far left.  The centre parties like the old Liberal party and the old Democratic party don't exist anymore...