Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

On 9/18/2024 at 8:15 PM, RomanPer said:

The fact that 99.9% of the victims are injured and not killed says the amount of explosive was minimal not to cause collateral damage to bystanders, only to those holding the devices. You can clearly see it in the videos, where the guy in a supermarket has 3 people right next to him and he's the only one affected. So, "detonate explosives in public spaces" sounds a lot worse than the reality.

Still desperately trying to justify war crimes after all this time? If it were the other way around you'd be screaming terrorism and flapping all over the place to point out that there was no consideration for civilan life.

You're a hypocrite. But when you've already attempted to defend every breach of international law in the book I guess you might as well keep going. Pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 9/18/2024 at 8:16 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

It's probably the most genius plan ever to kill terrorists.  Much better than sending rockets into the city.  Also, isn't that what Hezbollah is doing right now?  Where is AOC's tweet denouncing the rockets being sent by Hezbollah into public spaces?

Whoops! Better check that one off the list as well. I mean, they already bombed Gaza into oblivion so your point was dead before it started.

The double standards on show in this thread are ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Scottish Canuck 2.0 said:

Still desperately trying to justify war crimes after all this time? If it were the other way around you'd be screaming terrorism and flapping all over the place to point out that there was no consideration for civilan life.

You're a hypocrite. But when you've already attempted to defend every breach of international law in the book I guess you might as well keep going. Pathetic.

3 minutes ago, Scottish Canuck 2.0 said:

Whoops! Better check that one off the list as well. I mean, they already bombed Gaza into oblivion so your point was dead before it started.

Careful mate.  You will end up getting labeled for pointing out the obvious and probably receive a suspension or something.  This thread has taken the accounts of probably a dozen or two dozen really great posters already because they pointed out the hypocrisy and stood their grounds.

You know.  I know.  Secretly they know.  But it is what it is I guess.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Careful mate.  You will end up getting labeled for pointing out the obvious and probably receive a suspension or something.  This thread has taken the accounts of probably a dozen or two dozen really great posters already because they pointed out the hypocrisy and stood their grounds.

I barely post on here any more anyway, so what have I got to lose? 😂

Hamas are an extremist, terrorist organisation with little regard for the people of Palestine. Hezbollah are an extremist, terrorist organisation with little regard for the people of Lebanon. That is clear and undeniable.

But you cannot, under any circumstances, claim the moral high ground when you indiscriminately bomb Gaza and Lebanon and routinely commit war crimes in the process. Gaza has been razed to the ground and they continue to do so - those people have no escape. 500 dead in a single day in Lebanon, and not an eye-lid batted in here. It's celebrated even. Pages and walkie-talkies blowing up in the vicinity of civilians, on public transport, in supermarkets. But that's genius, and those people deserved it for having the audacity to stand next to someone in a public place.

The hypocrisy is sickening and it's preserved and perpetuated in the media. No other country on the planet would get away with what Israel is, on a daily basis.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Scottish Canuck 2.0 said:

Hamas are an extremist, terrorist organisation with little regard for the people of Palestine. Hezbollah are an extremist, terrorist organisation with little regard for the people of Lebanon. That is clear and undeniable.

But you cannot, under any circumstances, claim the moral high ground when you indiscriminately bomb Gaza and Lebanon and routinely commit war crimes in the process. Gaza has been razed to the ground and they continue to do so - those people have no escape. 500 dead in a single day in Lebanon, and not an eye-lid batted in here. It's celebrated even. Pages and walkie-talkies blowing up in the vicinity of civilians, on public transport, in supermarkets. But that's genius, and those people deserved it for having the audacity to stand next to someone in a public place.

The hypocrisy is sickening and it's preserved and perpetuated in the media. No other country on the planet would get away with what Israel is, on a daily basis.

When you compare the comments against the comments in the Ukraine thread you're absolutely not wrong.

At all.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Scottish Canuck 2.0 said:

It was so nice and quiet around here without your grandstanding. Please tell me again how many actual civilians were hurt in this? Not Hezbollah numbers, actual numbers. It seems like Israel can do no right in your books: bombing Gaza with advance notice - wrong, why don't you use more precise methods; using precise methods to blow off terrorist genitalia - wrong, but there's a chance of civilian sucking on that genitalia at that moment. GTFO.

• ThereItIs 1

Waging a war on two fronts isn’t going to assist in keep the Israeli people safe imo. 

On the other hand, degrading everyone but Iran, just seems like it’s only going to be some time where Iran restocks their proxies and things will get even worse for the Israelis, down the road. 

4 hours ago, Scottish Canuck 2.0 said:

When you’re fighting terrorists and terrorism,  they do not abide by international law ..

so why should the west?  Why should democracies?

Fair is Fair .

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

3 hours ago, Scottish Canuck 2.0 said:

I imagine you both are aware;

1) Post Israel leaving Gaza as an un negotiated measure designed to bring peace in 2006. That the first rockets were fired by Hamas almost immediately thereafter in a 1st Hamas / Israel war? Similar to Oct 7 being in part designed to thwart normalization with countries like Saudi Arabia? Hamas specifically used terror attacks to thwart attempts at peace between the PA & Israel; undermining that the PA did not have autonomy to make such decisions.  Justified by Hamas's religious position that all Abrahamic religions subjugate themselves to the decreed, by prophet, 'fact' Islam is owed right of sovereignty over all other cultures in the region. Hamas by it's own decree, not religion, is designed to use Islamic Jihad as its means to enforce this.  That Hamas, also fired the first stones in a 2knd war before Oct 7, and of course Oct 7th.

2) Hezbollah also fired the first shots Oct 8th from South Lebanon in current disputes with Israel. Its worth mentioning not only were they the first?  There have been over 8000 launched since.  That there is limited damage because Israel has spent tens, if not hundreds of millions on Iron Dome and other defenses should not disguise intent. Its worth mentioning, since 2000 Hezbollah have slowly but surely encroached the 20km ''safe zone'' up to Litani River. That the vast majority of rockets have been fired from safe zones.

Where is the double standard.  My real point is not that Israel is without its transgressions.  That this is very much more than a one sided attack by Israel!

If not Israel; who is going to stop these groups from firing rockets & other attacks? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Waging a war on two fronts isn’t going to assist in keep the Israeli people safe imo. 

On the other hand, degrading everyone but Iran, just seems like it’s only going to be some time where Iran restocks their proxies and things will get even worse for the Israelis, down the road. 

What is a real alternative, just be attacked? 

4 hours ago, Scottish Canuck 2.0 said:

seems like it’s all a joke to you anyway.

When a network of terrorists is allowed to occupy within ,  and below ground of a country wtf do you expect.

If those that are “innocent” would stand up for themselves and not aid and abetted to their ways and actually engage in a civil war ,  this might be a different talking point..

but they don’t ,   They are compliant to terror and those ways .

Edited by SilentSam

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

What’s the alternative then? Is the real alternatives perpetual force?

With these in command; Netanyahu, Sinwar, Nasrallah, Khomeini?

It is kind of perpetual.  

This attack, the pager attack anyway, like first attacks in Gaza after Oct 7 would not have been my first choice.  If I were Israel? 

They showed more restraint with Hezbollah IMO.  Routinely communicated rocket attacks taking place & ultimately warned before attacking.  Pagers aside; which tactically brilliant were a strategic mistake IMO.    How do you ignore 9000 rockets fired into your territory perpetually...

• Cheers 1

And nobody in Lebanon or Palestine says anything..

fighting under international law starts by wearing a uniform to identify yourself.

Any idea why these countries love the Burka? 

If your not wearing a uniform and you’re fighting,  you’re a terrorist..

if this in your home ,   You are a target .

2 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

With these in command; Netanyahu, Sinwar, Nasrallah, Khomeini?

It is kind of perpetual.  

This attack, the pager attack anyway, like first attacks in Gaza after Oct 7 would not have been my first choice.  If I were Israel? 

They showed more restraint with Hezbollah IMO.  Routinely communicated rocket attacks taking place & ultimately warned before attacking.  Pagers aside; which tactically brilliant were a strategic mistake IMO.    How do you ignore 9000 rockets fired into your territory perpetually...

Agree and respect your post. 

Been following this for ‘ages’. Like many of the Members here. 

Elusive ‘peace’ still remains elusive when all sides continue using violence to attain peace. 

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

The kid may be injured or the man lost his whole family. Let’s not assume that this video was a nefarious propaganda piece. 

Either way, the kid is alive, but it’s not like they have accessible and immediate medical assistance, right?