Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

6 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I agree wholeheartedly Bob; as mentioned its an easy warning signal!

When someone is against someone else's ability to have rights! 

I also support your right to not put your hand on the bible.  Or do so. 

In Palestinian circumstance; I support their right to live in their homeland, the homeland of their fathers, and their fathers fathers. I am actually quoting that d!ckhead Abbas in the UN yesterday. But did not miss that Abbas did not mention Jewish rights to live there. Nor any mothers or wives funny, not really, enough? The PA was positioned for a two state solution 2 & 1/2 decades ago. Was actually positioned by many surrounding states, S Arabia, the US and UN to be the intermediate administration taking over self determination for Palestine. S Arabia a, cough, somewhat more natural partner for them, also Sunni, than Iran? Regardless of what people think of the Saudis, this is a huge missed opportunity! Saudis also willing to normalize. I guess that Hamas & Iran tried to assassinate him last December in Jerusalem has him back on party lines...

Palestinians need someone who calls for peace. Speak openly about non violent existence beside Israel. When we get that, peace will be closer...

Absolutely Palestine needs better, non extremist, leaders.

What we are seeing now is inevitable given who the leaders are.

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Bob; remember that when you go to court you are still asked to put your hand on the bible.

Just a point of order, I have had to testify several times and on the stand each time I was allowed to solemnly affirm without putting my hand on a bible. We have that checked off here in Canada, but I am still a bit peeved that 90% of folks swear on a bible to pretend to then be telling the truth. I have never heard worse lies than out of the mouth a devout church goer.  

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 2
  • chaos 1

18 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Did they make this public?

Man stick the needle in an open wound...

an hour or so after his speech at the UN too, from a secure site in New York using Israeli specific secure communications equipment, thus the pixilating of the machinery.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Man they really aren't messing around.

Is something in Iran next?

I was thinking about this yesterday and last week in vague ways. Hamas has been somewhat dealt with now, 33 of 34 battalions of Hamas have been destroyed according to IDF estimates. Now they refocus on Hezbollah. Feels to me like they are cutting off the extremeties of the beast one at a time, and my guess is that it is to clear the way to the head/heart of the beast. When Israel struck that one surface to air missile site near the nuclear enrichment facilities in Iran, i forget but lets say about six months ago(?), it was a precision strike to show that the IDF could systematically undo the web of defences in Iran to clear the way to the real target, if the IDF chose to do so. 
Now we are seeing that the IDF can systematically unravel the tentacles of this state funded terror machine in the middle east. Hamas, Hezbolllah, Houthi's in Yemen and finally the head/heart of the beast: Iran itself. 
So perhaps, now that Hamas is, not defeated, but incredibly deflated with one battalion left in Gaza and the remaining leadership in hiding underground, the IDF can cut off the other tentacle, which is Hezbollah in Lebanon. I think the west at large will deal with the Houthi's or at least deal with controlling them and ending their ability to interfere in shipping, and that would leave Iran's young nuclear enrichment sites and maybe even the regime as the final 'boss' in the level, to use video game parlance. 

I don't know, but it seems logical to remove the threat from your soft underbelly, check. remove the threat from the north, in progress, and then remove the existential threat from Iran itself, their nuke ambitions. I suspect that this is the 'endgame' for the IDF, or force peace at some juncture along the way through carrying out the entire operation. 

idle speculation on my part, but it makes sense i think. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

BiBi is a soldier first, like him or not. Iran is getting scared. Once the IDF pounds Hexbollah do they go after Iran? Israel will have the indirect support of most Sunni Arab countries. Iran gone and the ME can resolve the Palestinian problem by putting in a leadership that wants peace. 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

I was thinking about this yesterday and last week in vague ways. Hamas has been somewhat dealt with now, 33 of 34 battalions of Hamas have been destroyed according to IDF estimates. Now they refocus on Hezbollah. Feels to me like they are cutting off the extremeties of the beast one at a time, and my guess is that it is to clear the way to the head/heart of the beast. When Israel struck that one surface to air missile site near the nuclear enrichment facilities in Iran, i forget but lets say about six months ago(?), it was a precision strike to show that the IDF could systematically undo the web of defences in Iran to clear the way to the real target, if the IDF chose to do so. 
Now we are seeing that the IDF can systematically unravel the tentacles of this state funded terror machine in the middle east. Hamas, Hezbolllah, Houthi's in Yemen and finally the head/heart of the beast: Iran itself. 
So perhaps, now that Hamas is, not defeated, but incredibly deflated with one battalion left in Gaza and the remaining leadership in hiding underground, the IDF can cut off the other tentacle, which is Hezbollah in Lebanon. I think the west at large will deal with the Houthi's or at least deal with controlling them and ending their ability to interfere in shipping, and that would leave Iran's young nuclear enrichment sites and maybe even the regime as the final 'boss' in the level, to use video game parlance. 

I don't know, but it seems logical to remove the threat from your soft underbelly, check. remove the threat from the north, in progress, and then remove the existential threat from Iran itself, their nuke ambitions. I suspect that this is the 'endgame' for the IDF, or force peace at some juncture along the way through carrying out the entire operation. 

idle speculation on my part, but it makes sense i think. 

makes a lot of sense, and also why the US continues to back Israel even with the public posturing on the left. The US would love to support a reason to take out Irans nukes I suspect. 

7 hours ago, Boudrias said:

BiBi is a soldier first, like him or not. Iran is getting scared. Once the IDF pounds Hexbollah do they go after Iran? Israel will have the indirect support of most Sunni Arab countries. Iran gone and the ME can resolve the Palestinian problem by putting in a leadership that wants peace. 

My own opinion; regardless of whether you believe Israel is defending itself? Which I do!

The UN, chaotic & dysfunctional as it is. Was a poor place to make a statement by doing  a speech; then pulling a trigger on Hezbollah headquarters from NY.

It says a big FU to their opponents. Which is fine!  Now to everyone else is not...

I disapprove of many of the stunts at the UN.  The back halls where money is raised for UNRWA; subsequently stolen & abused by Hamas to fund their militant activities. Their educational brainwashing programs; use of race & religion to claim 4 generations of refugee status. The deceit.  But recall, I also call on Israel to take a lead role?

I would have no problem Bibi stating at the UN; ''we are willing to support Palestinian people, Lebanese.'' Say what he did, ''we cannot accept attacks like Oct 7, like Hezbollah firing missiles.  I have zero problem with them having struck missile sites in Lebanon this week. He could have called for, before they attacked Gaza, and now lebanon; the world to see what Hamas, what missile attacks we are bearing from Hezbollah.  We call on the UN to ask these militants to stop immediately, to return our hostages; or suffer the consequences!'' No one could lay the blame they do on Israel. 

Then publish on the front page of every newspaper for Tokyo, to New York to London. Each and every launch.  There have been more than 20 a day for the 8000 missiles this year.  At that point an attack? The difference is probably, well it is, moot. Hezbollah was going to keep attacking.   

The difference is public opinion.  Accountability.  

I understand, completely, why Israel feels let down by the UN. There will come a time where they need support from places around the world. Why make yourself the bad guys. 

• Cheers 1