Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

6 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Palestinian view of UN discussions today.  Most interesting about 5 & 1/2 to 9 minutes.

The idea that the UN would be a forum for these terrorists simply confirms how irrelevant the UN has become. It is a sad reality that Israel cannot trust the UN and most of its members.  

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

The idea that the UN would be a forum for these terrorists simply confirms how irrelevant the UN has become. It is a sad reality that Israel cannot trust the UN and most of its members.  

Myself, I often post things worth being heard. Many definitely not my own opinion. Every soldier should know their enemy. You should also know your victims.

Negotiators? Have always fascinated me. While I trend to Israel's POV, consider it only that. A mediator can learn leverage, soft points? Unknown things to discuss, or are forced to discuss. Landing points, perhaps if your position is not great? Often most influential, landing points you could offer... 

The UN is an important forum. Especially when you disagree with it Boudrias! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Palestinian view of UN discussions today.  Most interesting about 5 & 1/2 to 9 minutes.

This is ridiculous. So, following his logic, any terrorist organization now can take hostages and then the rest of the world will open negotiations with them and hostage return will suddenly become a second item on the agenda. With the first one being "ceasefire". What has happened to this world and the whole "no negotiations with terrorists" policy? Where the fuck are real leaders in this world?

• Vintage 2

3 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Too little, too late and is wrong in principles. Guterres is POS. On one side he says about non-government entities not being allowed to be armed and then puts Hezbollah and IDF in the same sentence. Only confirms that the decision to make him persona non-grata by Israel was correct.

• Vintage 3

45 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

This is ridiculous. So, following his logic, any terrorist organization now can take hostages and then the rest of the world will open negotiations with them and hostage return will suddenly become a second item on the agenda. With the first one being "ceasefire". What has happened to this world and the whole "no negotiations with terrorists" policy? Where the fuck are real leaders in this world?

My own actual thoughts are they attacked, had been been for years. Albeit Israel was playing that cat & mouse pre Oct 7 also, and its a factor. A factor not a conclusion.

Having attacked, if Hamas want a break should surrender. Including hostages!

56 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Too little, too late and is wrong in principles. Guterres is POS. On one side he says about non-government entities not being allowed to be armed and then puts Hezbollah and IDF in the same sentence. Only confirms that the decision to make him persona non-grata by Israel was correct.

But this is the world in which we live, must navigate. Hezbollah are designated as non state actors and hostages are decreed to be released immediately by Guterres. A reporter even asked Mansour how come he prioritized his three objectives and not this? Also mentioned was that the non state actors were in breach of the 2006 resolution agreeing to 20KM security (no arms) zone; further that breaching it was putting Lebanon at risk who was still responsible for activities in their borders. I acknowledge they were the more softly spoken words in his address.

Guterres can't say the word terrorist for some reason, but these two items are at least notable considering all UN communication.  

Oddly enough, the title of this CNN article from this morning needs to be change now to who WAS Hashem Safieddine... 

Who is Hashem Safieddine, rumored to be the next Hezbollah chief?

By Nadeen Ebrahim, CNN
 3 minute read 
Updated 9:07 AM EDT, Sat October 5, 2024

Three more high ranking Hezbollah members dead or missing from Beirut precision bombings. I am a big fan of precision strikes on Terrorist's Locations. This is far more preferred than the horrible situation trying to get Hamas out of the cracks and crevices in Gaza. The more Israel can defeat Hezbollah Leaders at or near the top, the better off the region and the world will be. Minimal Civilian Casualties is an awesome result thus far in the north. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 3

Being completely transparent in my opinion, and I have stated in the past like Germany & Japan specifically; 

* Solutions should also always have included Hamas agreeing to disarm.

I personally would have made this demand, along with hostage return, very public before annihilating Gaza.  Shown restraint. I'll get to more idea's that could, and should have been communicated.  But let this sink in please. 

Candidly, very candidly, I don't think it would have made any difference directly! None. Nor would Hamas have been able to build up any extra resistance to what occurred? So it would not have hurt. Just my opinion. Hamas was not going to sneak hostages in to Egypt. They were leverage. 2 weeks extra, 5? Indirectly, the difference is world opinion. Let Israel not be seen as the aggressor. When presented arguments about outdoor prisons, laundry list ten thousand terror attacks; withdrawal in 2006. But let them be warned, and offer solutions. Hamas was too smug, they were not going to relent.

** As a related aside; I prefer this dismantling of Hezbollah to taking down every building in Lebanon. I did have to be reminded of it, but Israel showed restraint & there was a communication buildup regarding Hezbollah crimes before attacking. 

14 minutes calls for an alliance, mentions backed by the UN, to hold Israel accountable.

19 minutes states that Turkiye, now and through history? Has always aided victims, and fought oppressors. 

And the headline, like Israel, and posters here, feels the UN has become dysfunctional, is not meeting its mandate.

57 minutes ago, Alflives said:

These guys are behind Israel regardless of what they say publicly. They (privately) want the crazies dead too. They’d love to see the Iranian crazies wiped out too. No one wants crazies for neighbors. 

What they are really saying?  Is they don't want America to get directly involved. It is they, not Israel who has bases in these countries.

That said; they are Arabs. Most are Muslim's. Where some of their countries leaders are somewhat, its debatable easily, pragmatic. Or better liberally said, greedy interested in development for their countries. They also need support within their populations. That is being political, even though true. In many, actually most cases these are not strong democracies. Corruption allows corrupt leaders to make corrupt, tax free money. This is heavily the case in the ME, central Asia, Africa, but also S America. The US allows access to full world markets, cough, to launder tax free money. Sense of blood and religion are factors; (edit) but when America is involved they make the most money, not these countries leaders. 

This also extends around the world. 

Edited by Canuck Surfer

16 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

The USA general was to the point. I suspect Israel might have listed theri otions to attack to the Americans. Oil facilites to limit Iranian cash flow or their nuke sites which are a ongoing threat to Israel and eventually the world. Strikes on Iranian leadership is also a possibility. I suspect the mullahs are all 100 feet down in their holes waiting. Israel cannot depend on the Saudis, Egypt, Jordanians, Iraq or Turkey. They might be Sunni and hate the Iranian Shittes but they might try to take advantage at some point. 

• Vintage 1

On 10/4/2024 at 8:30 PM, Ilunga said:

Tell women in Saudi Arabia that it is a " good " country, and they have a good government.

Mohammad Bin chainsaw chops up Journalists Alf.

He and his regime are fuckin evil.

https://www.port.ac.uk/news-events-and-blogs/blogs/democratic-citizenship/saudi-arabia-is-imprisoning-women-while-the-rest-of-the-world-is-not-paying-attention

The only reason the Saudis are coming out and saying this is because they are engaging in a proxy wars with Iran. 

While I despise the Mullahs, the Bin Salman's aren't much better.

Along with committing light genocide....

• ThereItIs 1

On 10/5/2024 at 10:32 AM, Boudrias said:

Isn't the point of the UN in part to let countries speak and have a voice, be it crazy, or no? FFS the 'security council' is the three biggest war mongers on the planet. It has long been rather toothless sadly.