Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

35 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

More misinformation. 

They were going to blow up the pagers as a surprise opening blow, however it wasn't executed earlier because because there was a  legitimate threat of an incursion by Hezbollah into Isreal.

It was because Israel believed Hezbollah had discovered their plan. 

" Israel conducted Lebanon pager attack fearing Hezbollah was onto the operation "

https://www.axios.com/2024/09/18/hezbollah-pager-explosions-israel-suspicions

" Israel decided to blow up the pagers carried by Hezbollah members in Lebanon and Syria on Tuesday out of concern its secret operation might have been discovered by the group, three U.S. officials told Axios. "

" It was a use it or lose it moment, " one U.S. official said describing the reasoning Israel gave the U.S. for the timing of the attack "

" A former Isreali official with knowledge of the operation said Israeli intelligence services planned to use the booby trapped pagers it managed to " plant " in Hezbollah's ranks as a surprise opening blow in an all out-war to try and cripple Hezbollah. 

But in recent days Isreali leaders became concerned that Hezbollah might discover the pagers. Israeli prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his top ministers and the heads of the Israeli Defence Forces and the intelligence agencies decided to use the system now rather than take the risk of it being detected by Hezbollah, a U.S. official said.

The Israeli concerns that led to the decision to conduct the attack were first reported by Al-Monitor, which said two Hezbollah operatives raised suspicions about the pagers in recent days.

When President Biden's top adviser Amos Hochstein visited Israel on Monday, Netanyahu, Israeli Defence minister Yoav Gallant and other senior officials were engaged in hours of security consultations around the issue of the operation being potentially compromised. "

Matters not why the when. It eliminated a lot of evil people, which was much needed. It brought more evil people out into the open too (meeting in person to discuss their evil plans) so they got eliminated. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Matters not why the when. It eliminated a lot of evil people, which was much needed. It brought more evil people out into the open too (meeting in person to discuss their evil plans) so they got eliminated. 

I don't see where there's a misinformation issue. They hoped to be able to use it later, got some intelligence that led them to using it earlier. It's called adjusting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don't see where there's a misinformation issue. They hoped to be able to use it later, got some intelligence that led them to using it earlier. It's called adjusting. 

I don’t care about yet another inflammatory post accusing me of something. I post information given to me by actual people on the ground, not from some random websites. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Truth matters Alf. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RomanPer said:

I don’t care about yet another inflammatory post accusing me of something. I post information given to me by actual people on the ground, not from some random websites. 

Posting the truth is not inflammatory roman.

Here is the credibility of my source.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/axios/

Factual Reporting

High 

Credibility Rating

High Credibility

You have accused others of posting misinformation.

Don't be surprised when others call you out for posting misinformation. 

18 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

romans post was misinformation because Isreal didn't explode the pagers in advance of their original plan because of a legitimate threat of an incursion into Isreal by Hezbollah. 

They exploded them early because they thought their plan might be discovered.

It's amazing how people rationalise false information when they have want to believe it.

4 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

romans post was misinformation because Isreal didn't explode the pagers in advance of their original plan because of a legitimate threat of an incursion into Isreal by Hezbollah. 

They exploded them early because they thought their plan might be discovered.

It's amazing how people rationalise false information when they have want to believe it.

I don't see things as black and white as you do, maybe. I don't see a problem with what Roman has said.

24 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don't see things as black and white as you do, maybe. I don't see a problem with what Roman has said.

He posted false information in regards to why Isreal blew up the pagers earlier than they intended to do so.

There's a great deal of difference between doing it because they are expecting an attack upon Israel, as apposed to them believing their plan might be exposed.

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Truth matters Alf. 

IMHAO you’re trying to equate the values of two things that aren’t comparable. The timing of the pagers exploding isn’t important. The elimination of these evil people is.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

He posted false information in regards to why Isreal blew up the pagers earlier than they intended to do so.

There's a great deal of difference between doing it because they are expecting an attack upon Israel, as apposed to them believing their plan might be exposed.

They hurt Hezbollah, who cares about the timing? 

These guys were coming to kill Israelis sooner or later, and had already been bombing the north.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO you’re trying to equate the values of two things that aren’t comparable. The timing of the pagers exploding isn’t important. The elimination of these evil people is.  

What I am pointing out with that post, is the person who posted it can't be relied on to post factual information.

I am happy when a terrorist threat is eliminated anywhere in the world.

32 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

They hurt Hezbollah, who cares about the timing? 

These guys were coming to kill Israelis sooner or later, and had already been bombing the north.

I care about the truth.

Some of us can be relied on to post truthful/ factual information.

Some can't.

Quite frankly, there is only one fact I'm interested in: one year later Hamas terrorists are still holding hostages (many, if not all, likely dead). When they are returned, only then will I concern myself with things like who's at fault and who is truthful.

1 hour ago, StrayDog said:

Quite frankly, there is only one fact I'm interested in: one year later Hamas terrorists are still holding hostages (many, if not all, likely dead). When they are returned, only then will I concern myself with things like who's at fault and who is truthful.

I to care about the hostages.

I have stated all along, as have their families, their return should be the priority of the Isreali government. 

Here are the stories of a few of the hostages still held by Hamas'.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67053011

Surely saving people should be a priority over killing people, even terrorists. 

Even some of the Israeli far right hardliners are changing their attitude towards a hostage deal.

" In an apparent U- turn several leading religious Zionist Rabbis call for hostage deal "

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-apparent-u-turn-several-leading-religious-zionist-rabbis-call-for-hostage-deal/

We chide one individual for "dinner party anecdotes" yet laud another for the same.

Let's stay consistent.

Asking for information and keeping people honest and transparent in a time of misinformation is not a difficult thing to accept is it?

We all want and are hoping for the same things.  Asking for factual information and pointing out hypocrisy should not be vilified.

• Like 2

@Ilunga

I get you want facts, and not opinion, but opinion can be shaped by poor information...

Consider that Yahya Sinwar was announced Injured/dead/hiding etc. 

Then to show up again.......

My point is, and I did a little fact checking on google.....tons of reports, all by reputable agencies, all declaring different things

I really think you got to ease up on this and enjoy the forum, and the opinions that come forward....

Don't get me wrong.....I appreciate your reporting style with links, etc

But, could it be possible to maybe, just state your facts as a factual alternatives, without directly insulting whom ever you disagree with.....

Again.....I appreciate the effort, and enjoy your points and reports.......

Let's just not fight over such trivial points, when men are dying, for freedom and their lives.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Ilunga said:

I to care about the hostages.

I have stated all along, as have their families, their return should be the priority of the Isreali government. 

Here are the stories of a few of the hostages still held by Hamas'.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67053011

Surely saving people should be a priority over killing people, even terrorists. 

Even some of the Israeli far right hardliners are changing their attitude towards a hostage deal.

" In an apparent U- turn several leading religious Zionist Rabbis call for hostage deal "

https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-apparent-u-turn-several-leading-religious-zionist-rabbis-call-for-hostage-deal/

Me, personally...I disagree with the later............the question is who are the terrorists?

But IMO, which I am allowed to have................."terrorists" have no place on this earth...............they value "Their Truth" over "Life!)

• Like 1

I have a real problem, philosophically, with people who.............

Hate some one because their fathers father, did something to to your fathers father

I also have a problem with religious leaders, and my ex-wives......

But that is me!

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

@Ilunga

I get you want facts, and not opinion, but opinion can be shaped by poor information...

Consider that Yahya Sinwar was announced Injured/dead/hiding etc. 

Then to show up again.......

My point is, and I did a little fact checking on google.....tons of reports, all by reputable agencies, all declaring different things

I really think you got to ease up on this and enjoy the forum, and the opinions that come forward....

Don't get me wrong.....I appreciate your reporting style with links, etc

But, could it be possible to maybe, just state your facts as a factual alternatives, without directly insulting whom ever you disagree with.....

Again.....I appreciate the effort, and enjoy your points and reports.......

Let's just not fight over such trivial points, when men are dying, for freedom and their lives.

It's internet courtesy Jan to posts links to information to back up what you assert.

That particular poster hardly ever posts links.

He claims he " knows things ". 

Then when I post links from credible sources, he tries to discredit me.

He has told me, in a backhanded way, he will ram my head into piss, and called me a POS. 

How would you like to be spoken to like that.

I have never abused anyone on this board.

I don't abuse people full stop.

7 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

Me, personally...I disagree with the later............the question is who are the terrorists?

But IMO, which I am allowed to have................."terrorists" have no place on this earth...............they value "Their Truth" over "Life!)

What if one of the hostages was your family member ?

Would your priority be killing terrorists ?

Or getting your family member back. 

To me all human life is sacred Jan.

As I stated in the Memoriam thread, you can replace everything in this life apart from a human life.

Each human being is irreplaceable. 

As an aside, I do respect you, and your opinion. 

You are a good person, with a good heart.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

It's internet courtesy Jan to posts links to information to back up what you assert.

That particular poster hardly ever posts links.

He claims he " knows things ". 

Then when I post links from credible sources, he tries to discredit me.

He has told me, in a backhanded way, he will ram my head into piss, and called me a POS. 

How would you like to be spoken to like that.

I have never abused anyone on this board.

I don't abuse people full stop.

I get all that......but.....honestly......you two are so insignificant, in the big picture

So am I.......

You are not me, but I laugh at most posters that insult me, and ignore

But occasionally, I crack and throw something back.....

But I know I am just being immature, and try hard not to take the bait....

But I get it!

Edited by JIAHN
  • Huggy Bear 1