Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

2 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

What if one of the hostages was your family member ?

Would your priority be killing terrorists ?

Or getting your family member back. 

To me all human life is sacred Jan.

As I stated in the Memoriam thread, you can replace everything in this life apart from a human life.

Each human being is irreplaceable. 

As an aside, I do respect you, and your opinion. 

You are a good person, with a good heart.

Ok....I would like to address this.......it is a good question

First off, I would do anything to protect my immediate family...including kill

Yes, all life has value

But.....as in war, there are acceptable losses.............

If that was not an acceptable reality, then we would all be speaking German or Russian, or, etc., etc.....

So yes, I personally would not want to lose my family

But as a collective....a society.....it is an understandable and accepted thing..........or at least it was, when I was growing up

PS.........I feel the same buddy........

• Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

I get all that......but.....honestly......you two are so insignificant, in the big picture

So am I.......

You are not I, but I laugh at most posters that insult me, and ignore

But occasionally, I crack and through something back.....

But I know I am just being immature, and try hard not to take the bait....

But I get it!

I have always been Cognizant of my insignificance. 

One human being in a universe where there are more stars than grains of sand on this planet, 7.5 sextillions.

That's 75,000,000,000,000,000,00. 

" We wanna pray that there's intelligent life somewhere in the stars 

Because there's bugger all down here in earth " 

Monty Python 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

But, could it be possible to maybe, just state your facts as a factual alternatives, without directly insulting whom ever you disagree with.....

Firstly, this is very condescending. And also I would love for you to point out where Ilunga ever insulted anyone.

• Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

Ok....I would like to address this.......it is a good question

First off, I would do anything to protect my immediate family...including kill

Yes, all life has value

But.....as in war, there are acceptable losses.............

If that was not an acceptable reality, then we would all be speaking German or Russian, or, etc., etc.....

So yes, I personally would not want to lose my family

But as a collective....a society.....it is an understandable and accepted thing..........or at least it was, when I was growing up

PS.........I feel the same buddy........

I have told this story before.

I grew up with a Dutch family, they migrated after the war to Aus.

During WW2 they hid Jews in their home. 

If they were caught, the Jews and they would have been taken out and shot dead. 

I talked about this with my ex and while we could only really choose if this actually happened, we would do the same thing. 

The parents were making a decision to risk not just their lives, but the lives of their kids.

This is real courage in my book.

Living in fear every day of being caught.

You are teaching your kids by actions, not words, that all life is precious.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, MatchesMalone said:

Firstly, this is very condescending. And also I would love for you to point out where Ilunga ever insulted anyone.

It's all good brother.

Jan and I are friends.

He is a good person, with a big heart. 

He is also one of us.

A CDCGMLer.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JIAHN said:

@Ilunga

Matches seems to feel I was being condescending, which was not my intent, but please accept my apology if you felt that way.............

People feelings get way to hurt on here......lol

You're good my friend. 

As I stated, I have a great deal of respect for you.

Matches is a loyal friend.

I appreciate that.

• Cheers 1

@Ilunga @MatchesMalone

As you know Ilunga, I am a honest, frank, and a very human, .......being

I honestly wish no one harm, and would rather lift someone up than tear them down

But I am human, not perfect, and strive to keep humble and sincere

I wish there was no war, no terrorists, no Putin, no lies, but the real world is full of them

Even in our own neighborhoods

I come here for escape.................to meet my fellow hockey brothers and sisters, and maybe just maybe, learn something

No harm in coming to the aid of a friend Matches.....no harm no foul....hey, you could have been right, for all I know

Thanks!

Ilunga and I have a good story, which really did not start off all that well, but we worked it out, and to be honest, I like the ground he stands on!

Someone has to have the strength, and integrity to be humane! 

Edited by JIAHN
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Asking for factual information and pointing out hypocrisy should not be vilified.

We also have to be honest, as much as reasonable, here in this thread?

This 'argument' the last few pages have been over Azerbaijan & 2knd but more importantly what was the impetus for Mossad / Israel pulling the pager attack exactly when it did?  The reality is the first reports were it was 'done' when Israel thought the program was 'breached.' But that's just a report. There were numerous other variations. I also saw later reports it was done to avoid a 2knd Oct 7? I saw reports it was supposed to happen the day ground invasions were launched. Netanyahu alluded to the Oct 7the about to repeat itself version, in general terms, to all recent activities in Lebanon. It's all spin! 

The reality it does not matter.  We do not actually know. May never know?  Except that it happened. It does strike me that bravado of the reasons became stronger after there were further and more significant hits on Hezbollah? Those opposed see insult & view the crisis get bigger.  Insult also taken when mentioned on the anniversary of Oct 7. All interpretations each side see as truth. 

Depending who is reporting, or debating; there is justification and outrage pinned to who is supported. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

29 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

This 'argument' the last few pages have been over Azerbaijan & 2knd but more importantly what was the impetus for Mossad / Israel pulling the pager attack exactly when it did?  The reality is the first reports were it was 'done' when Israel thought the program was 'breached.' But that's just a report. There were numerous other variations. I also saw later reports it was done to avoid a 2knd Oct 7? I saw reports it was supposed to happen the day ground invasions were launched. Netanyahu alluded to the Oct 7the about to repeat itself version, in general terms, to all recent activities in Lebanon. It's all spin! 

The reality it does not matter.  We do not actually know. May never know?  Except that it happened. It does strike me that bravado of the reasons became stronger after there were further and more significant hits on Hezbollah? Those opposed see insult & view the crisis get bigger.  Insult also taken when mentioned on the anniversary of Oct 7. All interpretations each side see as truth. 

Depending who is reporting, or debating; there is justification and outrage pinned to who is supported. 

What is to stop me from saying I know people in the area that refute your claims.  That refute your twitter links?

I could easily come out and claim I know people there right now that are watching [inert group here] assault toddlers and murder pets while burning down schools without verification.  Why don't i?  The fog of war may be a real thing but I also far more appreciate tangible, credible proof of incident especially in an instance like this and especially over groups/individuals who may be biased or who may have a vested interest in ensuring one side is more justified in their excesses than the other.

• ThereItIs 1

27 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

The article I quoted referenced Isreali security officials beliefs, Netanyahu himself, and what they told U.S officials. 

As I have posted that source has a reputation for, High Factual Reporting

And 

High Credibility.

And here is an Isreali source that states exactly the same thing.

" Use it or lose it Israel reportedly set off pagers amid fears plot was exposed " 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/use-it-or-lose-it-israel-reportedly-set-off-pagers-amid-fears-plot-was-exposed/

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/times-of-israel/

High Factual Reporting

High Credibility 

There is no real doubt brother as to why Isreal detonated the pagers early.

Oh, and by the way, it wasn't October the 7th in Isreal or Australia when I brought up a certain posters false claims about how many people were evacuated from northern Israel. 

Again I support the truth.

Shifting gears back to a theme I believe has value?

Some believe Israel just escalated this crisis in Lebanon!  Some Israel was either tactical, patient, showing strength or just had to finish a job in Gaza before getting to Hezbollah! A truth, is there has been conflict since Oct 8th & it was predictable 5 years ago & 18 years ago; in 2006 the last major crisis in South Lebanon settled down. The current rendition, here is another one of those truths, is Hezbollah was just showing solidarity with Hamas!

Hezbollah did, and has touted this solidarity this almost constantly since Oct 8. So lets break the conflict back in to the Palestinian / Israeli conflict, which of course includes Gaza & West Bank. Simple right?

The theme I promote, in spite of blame which exists to both sides, is that Israel needs to take the 1st steps. The most valuable steps. I say this for two key reasons.  Number one; it is by far the more powerful 1st world nation! Israel can absorb more of the solutions with its existing makeup. Number two, it's place is closer to democracy and shared cultures.* Israel, reasonable in a 5, 18 or 40 year version has always seen itself as an island. Protecting itself from whomever, largely 'Palestinian' conflicts since the 1970's. To date, I argue a truth, Israel takes advantage of conflicts within internal Palestinian groups, even promoted conflict at times, to keep them weak. A position that made it easier to protect their island? 1948 was, however, 80 years ago. At some point Israel has to reach out and be more responsible to speaking about solutions.

*   I define Israel as closer, only because the militant groups it faces openly define the area as strictly Muslim / Arab/ NOT Jewish, to the destruction of Jews.

** This does not mean there are not heaps of Palestinians & others in the region willing to accept Israel if the right balance cannot be struck.

Right now, while Hezbollah is calling for a ceasefire, is an opportunity.  Israel should say something simple, like;

''Everyone knows Israel is pisssed about rocket attacks by Hezbollah, Hamas on Oct 7 right?'' 

* We do want our hostages back, some guarantees against such attacks!

* ''We think its time Palestinians have their own home in the region too!''

* We are asking Palestinians, in Gaza & West Bank & everyone who supports them, to think how peaceful, shared borders could be organized & administered.  

* We are asking Palestinians to look at supporting leadership who's sole goal is the destruction of Israel.

Lets talk about the heart of issues; Al Aqsa? A Muslim shrine, central to culture!

A defining part of conflict is Muslims want access to their important places! We ask Palestinians, and all Muslim & Arabic cultures?    

* To remember that there are holy and culturally important sites to MANY cultures, including Jews in the region.

* We understand hurt, did not have access to the burial grounds of our forefathers for 600 years.

* We believe in a home with equal identity to all cultures.

So we ask to talk. We ask you to consider a leadership that is not defined by the death of Jews, but by the growth of yours & our people. By how you would like to live!

5 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Again I support the truth.

People have lots of opinions that reflect truth.  The truth is confusing! It bends; it gets distorted by emotion. It gets contorted by people who lie about it, don't understand it, cannot handle it...

Israel, have they ever even formally acknowledged they pulled the pager attack? I believe they did, everybody does. I personally don't love that it took place!

At the moment its a source of blame. Legitimate, but blame is often worse than useless. I believe blame is damaging towards solutions.

We should project solutions?

33 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

What is to stop me from saying I know people in the area that refute your claims.  That refute your twitter links?

I could easily come out and claim I know people there right now that are watching [inert group here] assault toddlers and murder pets while burning down schools without verification.  Why don't i?  The fog of war may be a real thing but I also far more appreciate tangible, credible proof of incident especially in an instance like this and especially over groups/individuals who may be biased or who may have a vested interest in ensuring one side is more justified in their excesses than the other.

Well; you could?

First I don't have a twitter account.  I might cut and paste an occasional Twitter post from the Ukraine thread that seems to have cross value.  

2knd; I believe toddlers and pets are among many victims in Gaza.  MANY victims. Israel is not following how I would wish this conflict to process either. 

3rd, and this is important; I make a large # of posts to educate about views. Views, OFTEN not my own, which I believe are important because solutions will not occur without more views being considered.  I present my own views for people to consider, usually editorials.  You'll see one about twenty minutes ago. 

You mention the Fog of War, credible proof of an incident?  And bias...  Unless you were in the war room managing all the factors involved in the decision. You won't ever know with certainty. I personally believe many of the reasons the pager attack has such varied reporting?  Is Israel probably spun the information based on how it was reacted to around the world.  As did protest groups.  I personally was very surprised it occurred.  I still conclude all reporting and even opinions formed on it is biased.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Oh, and by the way, it wasn't October the 7th in Israel or Australia when I brought up a certain posters false claims about how many people were evacuated from northern Israel. 

How many times in the last year did you post about rocket attacks by Hezbollah? You don't, except when prompted. You post reports of damage caused by Israeli aggression primarily. Its your bias.

What are the chance some of the reports you have posted, as Hippy says, watching [inert group here] assault toddlers and murder pets while burning down schools without verification are not 100% true?  I imagine he is alluding to kids dying in Gaza & Lebanon? Hopefully not debunking Oct 7.

* Al Jazeera posts a school is attacked and 50 are dead.

* TBN reports 17 dead & a Hamas leader are killed.

Usually the actual number and reasons are neither. Both based on the truth an attack occurred. As would be the case in Northern Israel. Maybe Roman lied, maybe some went home as some things settled down? All will have sources they take as truth. You have who you trust; fine.

Less people were displaced in Israel than Gaza, and Lebanon.  They all count though, need to be considered before a peace settlement will take place. 

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Hezbollah was just showing solidarity with Hamas!

What are your thoughts on this reporting @Warhippy Dave? This has been the 'official' policy of Hezbollah since Oct 7th.

https://english.almanar.com.lb/1993180

If we are discussing pager attack credibility. I chose an article from Dec 2023 by a Lebanese TV station. It uses terms like Israel does, ''precision strikes!'' And Arabic one, attack the ''Zionists!'' Is discussing why Hezbollah is involved legitimate? How they present to their press...   

47 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

How many times in the last year did you post about rocket attacks by Hezbollah? You don't, except when prompted. You post reports of damage caused by Israeli aggression primarily. Its your bias.

What are the chance some of the reports you have posted, as Hippy says, watching [inert group here] assault toddlers and murder pets while burning down schools without verification are not 100% true?  I imagine he is alluding to kids dying in Gaza & Lebanon? Hopefully not debunking Oct 7.

* Al Jazeera posts a school is attacked and 50 are dead.

* TBN reports 17 dead & a Hamas leader are killed.

Usually the actual number and reasons are neither. Both based on the truth an attack occurred. As would be the case in Northern Israel. Maybe Roman lied, maybe some went home as some things settled down? All will have sources they take as truth. You have who you trust; fine.

Less people were displaced in Israel than Gaza, and Lebanon.  They all count though, need to be considered before a peace settlement will take place. 

There are so many posters, yourself included, posting about Hamas'/Hezbollah attacks.

Much of the time I am the only one pointing the terrorist acts committed by Israel, or the Isrealis using Palestinians as human shields.

No other poster has even condemned Israel for those acts.

I have condemned Hamas for using Human shields and for their attacks before, on, and after October 7.

You accused me of painting Isreal as the worst place ever, something I never did.

I have posted many articles and videos about Isrealis helping Palestinians and working with them towards a peaceful solution.

Again I am the only poster who has consistently done this. 

You post so many articles/videos portraying the Palestinians/Muslims as bad people. 

One of the most recent was that article about the Yazidi sex slave.

Well guess what 

Modern Slavery in Isreal; The women victims of Human trafficking "

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/article-736475

And guess what, human trafficking and sexual exploitation is a multi billion dollar business in Canada.

https://utorontopress.com/blog/2020/11/06/chrismas-sex-industry-slavery/

And guess what, there are women held as sex slaves in Australia as well. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-05/brisbane-prostitution-charges-sex-slaves-mount-gravatt/13125336

You are incorrect in your assessment that I will only point out the bad side of one side of any equation.

I have called out Australia for war crimes committed in our name.

Our offshore detention.

I don't care who the fuck you are, if no one else will call you out, which no one in this thread is doing in regards to Israel, I will.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

There are so many posters, yourself included, posting about Hamas'/Hezbollah attacks.

Much of the time I am the only one pointing the terrorist acts committed by Israel, or the Isrealis using Palestinians as human shields.

No other poster has even condemned Israel for those acts.

I have condemned Hamas for using Human shields and for their attacks before, on, and after October 7.

You accused me of painting Isreal as the worst place ever, something I never did.

I have posted many articles and videos about Isrealis helping Palestinians and working with them towards a peaceful solution.

Again I am the only poster who has consistently done this. 

You post so many articles/videos portraying the Palestinians/Muslims as bad people. 

One of the most recent was that article about the Yazidi sex slave.

Well guess what 

Modern Slavery in Isreal; The women victims of Human trafficking "

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/article-736475

And guess what, human trafficking and sexual exploitation is a multi billion dollar business in Canada.

https://utorontopress.com/blog/2020/11/06/chrismas-sex-industry-slavery/

And guess what, there are women held as sex slaves in Australia as well. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-05/brisbane-prostitution-charges-sex-slaves-mount-gravatt/13125336

You are incorrect in your assessment that I will only point out the bad side of one side of any equation.

I have called out Australia for war crimes committed in our name.

Our offshore detention.

I don't care who the fuck you are, if no one else will call you out, which no one in this thread is doing in regards to Israel, I will.

So rather than answer a question? An open ended one but directly related to pager attacks.

You make more posts deflecting any serious discussion about direct issues; instead find alternate places to lay unrelated blame.  The Yazidi sex slave was found in Gaza, married against her will to a Hamas militant who had acquired her. An accepted circumstance there. I have made my case regarding women's rights in both war zones, and specifically in radical Islamic states in the past.  Women are amongst minority groups that don't have rights, are asked to eviscerate themselves to those control groups that have claimed power in many regional countries. Example; Gaza, Syria, indirectly Lebanon with current structures. Ultimately, women have 51% of world population, would vote out such abuse as their rights gain traction. Peoples rights ultimately take power away from warlords and dictators.

Ilunga; Sex slaves in Australia is suggested an answer related to pager attacks against Hezbollah.

I think you should qualify how they are related.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

19 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

So rather than answer a question? An open ended one but directly related to pager attacks.

You make more posts deflecting any serious discussion about direct issues; instead find alternate places to lay unrelated blame.  The Yazidi sex slave was found in Gaza, married against her will to a Hamas militant who had acquired her. An accepted circumstance there. I have made my case regarding women's rights in both war zones, and specifically in radical Islamic states in the past.  Women are amongst minority groups that don't have rights, are asked to eviscerate themselves to those control groups that have claimed power in many regional countries. Example; Gaza, Syria, indirectly Lebanon with current structures. Ultimately, women have 51% of world population, would vote out such abuse as their rights gain traction. Peoples rights ultimately take power away from warlords and dictators.

Ilunga; Sex slaves in Australia is suggested an answer related to pager attacks against Hezbollah.

I think you should qualify how they are related.

I answered your question.

The subject of Hamas and Hezbollah attacks on Israel is well reported.

Who reports on Israels war crimes mate ?

No one apart from me.

Here you go here is a concise history of Hezbollah and their attacks on Isreal 

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Hezbollah

Here you go, here is a history of the conflict between Israel and Hamas'

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/hamas-israel-history-confrontation-2021-05-14/

These are detailed reports/history of the entire conflicts between Isreal, Hamas' and Hezbollah.

Detailed enough for you ?

Happy now. 

So you can accuse me of painting Isreal as a the " worst place", yet when you post so many negative things about Palestinians/Muslims, you aren't trying to make them look bad ?

I have stated so many times, in many threads, in any group of people there are good, bad and everything in-between.

IN ANY GROUP OF PEOPLE.

Frankly, I am sick of you stating I am deflecting.

You haven't asked me a direct question.

If you want an answer, say, Dave I am asking you this......

Then I will give you an answer.

My answer to you is that there are shitty people in Palestine.

There are shitty people in Isreal.

There are shitty people in Canada.

There are shitty people in Australia.

As for the pagers, that has been felt with.

My post about the girls in Australia was in relation to your post trying to paint the Palestinians as a terrible people in regards to the Yazidi sex slave that was rescued from there. 

As I have pointed out sexual slavery, and human trafficking exists everywhere on this planet. 

Again, if you want an answer.

Ask me a direct question please.

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

What are your thoughts on this reporting @Warhippy Dave? This has been the 'official' policy of Hezbollah since Oct 7th.

https://english.almanar.com.lb/1993180

If we are discussing pager attack credibility. I chose an article from Dec 2023 by a Lebanese TV station. It uses terms like Israel does, ''precision strikes!'' And Arabic one, attack the ''Zionists!'' Is discussing why Hezbollah is involved legitimate? How they present to their press...   

I don't care what Hamas or Hezbollah say.

They are both full of shit.

They are terrorist organisations that spew lies like a cow farts methane. 

Your point is noted about how media can twist a story to suit it's own ends.

That's why I only use sources that have a reputation for high factual reporting and have a high credibility rating. 

Even better if they have no bias.

But there are so few of them.

Reuters and the Conversation to name a couple. 

It's simple, plug your source and media bias into your search engine and you will get an assessment of how reliable that source is is.

Here is Media Bias methodology

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/methodology/

Usually you can find a couple of US, International(western) and Isreali sources that will cover the subjects in this thread, that will also have a high factual reporting and high credibility rating.

18 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Who reports on Israels war crimes mate ?

No one apart from me.

Go to downtown (sorry, CBD) Melbourne tomorrow by the library.

You will find loads of protestors who identify with concerns as you see them. Probably go well past what you think is reasonable.  You are not alone; but do handpick ways & items that are odd.  Then stack them as both the only credible response.  But use them to attack others and & say those posters have no credibility.  

As for nobody apart from you;

I do identify, there is a trendy word these days, as primarily someone who see's the debate from an Israeli lense. I have my reasons for that; which i find both objective & credible. I don't take myself as against Palestinians in any way, in spite of.  I take it upon myself to challenge all the Israeli supporters where its important in the bigger picture.  To challenge the Israeli govt., and all Israel's supporters to adopt a more responsible view towards both the conflict. Also Israeli behaviour & accountability.

And solutions.    

I proposed today, above on this same page of threads that Israel make a statement;

3 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

* ''We think its time Palestinians have their own home in the region too!''

* We are asking Palestinians, in Gaza & West Bank & everyone who supports them, to think how peaceful, shared borders could be organized & administered.

Netanyahu has every right to tell terrorists Israel wants their hostages back.  Will defend themselves against people who think arguing about why they detonated pager attacks when and how they did  is more important than rocket attacks trying to kill Israelis & those who attack Kibbitzes and music festivals.

I think its also high time they offered to get involved in making it possible for Palestinians to set up their own home!

Palestinians need a safe home.  One where they don't have to turn to extremists.  Bibi; ''I ask Palestinians NOT to turn to violent leaders.'' ""Everyone in Gaza knows who is hiding in tunnels & why! Has had a cousin who disagrees & disappears. It might be hard, but those who hide underground, launch missiles from rooftops have contributed to why Gaza is dangerous for you and your family! Are part of the reason most goods had entered Gaza by tunnel? Who controlled the goods & why you needed to pay them to feed your family & operate your business. Palestinians should have open markets, open borders, places to work & go to school.  

We can look at Arabic solutions to help open a port.  We can invite the UN, willing Arabic partners, European forces to help set up police, elections, government systems. 

In return we hope to have safe neighbours!

''Lets fix that!''  

• ThereItIs 1