Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

27 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

How do you propose a peace deal can be made after 75 years when the organization in power of the area continues to bulldoze homes to move in their own people, and annex land after having already successfully cut off the other side from access to water electricity or free travel?

The pendulum swings both ways and neither one of these parties is innocent 

The blockade was put into place because Hamas was in power. Even Egypt put up a blockade at the Farah crossing. The blockade would be eliminated the day Hamas is no longer in power. 

• ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The blockade was put into place because Hamas was in power. Even Egypt put up a blockade at the Farah crossing. The blockade would be eliminated the day Hamas is no longer in power. 

Yeah but Egypt is opening that up to try and get people out. It's the Israelis that are bombing it. Also, I think Egypt has a blockade just to ensure weapons don't come in. Israel has a blockade and is controlling everything. Just think for example, if the Americans stole all our resources a bunch of our land and then determined our fate and destiny's for us how we would react? I mean I can firsthand tell you I would never do these things and I think it's despicable but you can only push people so far and then you bring in the whole religion side of it and here we are.

Just now, Calamity K said:

Thank you?

Yw man 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Yeah but Egypt is opening that up to try and get people out. It's the Israelis that are bombing it. Also, I think Egypt has a blockade just to ensure weapons don't come in. Israel has a blockade and is controlling everything. Just think for example, if the Americans stole all our resources a bunch of our land and then determined our fate and destiny's for us how we would react? I mean I can firsthand tell you I would never do these things and I think it's despicable but you can only push people so far and then you bring in the whole religion side of it and here we are.

Yw man 

Yes, Egypt is cooperating now but they weren’t for many years. They weren’t interested in having terrorists cross their border either. 

What is done is done now and you can’t change the past.

People can play the whatsboutism game until they are blue in the face to make themselves feel better, but at the end of the day it’s not going to solve the current situation. 

In order to fix the current situation Hamas must be destroyed. That means the Palestinian people must unite with the Israelis for that one common goal. 

The chances of that happening while Israel is bombing Gaza is probably zero percent, but to me that’s the only solution. 

Perhaps the US can step in and try and be a peace keeper. We know they love war, so not sure they actually want peace. You already have the warmongers and the military industrial complex going on CNN and Fox News saying they want to start bombing Iran if they get involved. 

At this point only a miracle from my God can save the people of Gaza. If you have faith please pray. If you don’t have faith then just hope there is a resolution on its way very soon. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes, Egypt is cooperating now but they weren’t for many years. They weren’t interested in having terrorists cross their border either. 

People can play the whatsboutism game until they are blue in the face to make themselves feel better, but at the end of the day it’s not going to solve the current situation. 

In order to fix the current situation Hamas must be destroyed. That means the Palestinian people must unite with the Israelis for that one common goal. 

The chances of that happening while Israel is bombing Gaza is probably zero percent, but to me that’s the only solution. 

Perhaps the US can step in and try and be a peace keeper. We know they love war, so not sure they actually want peace. You already have the warmongers and the military industrial complex going on CNN and Fox News saying they want to start bombing Iran if they get involved. 

At this point only a miracle from my God can save the people of Gaza. If you have faith please pray. If you don’t have faith then just hope there is a resolution on its way very soon. 

I don't think there is an Arab in the middle East that would trust the Americans as peacekeepers.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, moosehead said:

Quite likely intellectually lazy and probably racist yes......      

It means they  support Apartheid, Ethnic cleansing , occupations, and oppression.

Yes , you are correct.   I believe all humans are equal. 

https://www.al-monitor.com/originals/2022/06/hamas-use-excessive-force-displace-bedouins-angers-gazans

Hamas is a cancer to the Gaza strip.

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Yw man 

Egypt may be getting a lot of pressure to as a number of international people are also in Gaza and Nations are working around the clock to save their citizens from this conflict atm.

Better bet to work with Egypt rather than to try and reason Israel who are seeing blood and out for vengeance. 

Egypt have their own problems with insurgency in that region and likely don't want Hamas to interact with them in any significant way. Egypt also aren't huge supporters of Hamas, relations have deteriorated the past decade. In 2015, an Egyptian court blacklisted Hamas and its armed wing on accusations of taking part in terrorist acts in Egypt. Probably why there's been a lot of co-operation between Egypt and Israel in regards of who and what comes and goes into Gaza. They aren't friends but mutual partners on the border. Egypt won't want a mass exodus, they'll send aid but will try to avoid bringing in as many Palestinians across their borders as humanly possible. They flew planes and brought more military personnel to the border when this erupted. 

• Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don’t know anything about a Farah crossing, but Egypt didn’t blockade the Rafeh crossing.

It is a border checkpoint that has largely been open and that is how the bulk of aid has come into Gaza over the years.

It is currently closed because Israel has repeatedly bombed it.  They have decreed that no water, food, or humanitarian aid is to be allowed into Gaza or they will face being attacked 

• Cheers 2

32 minutes ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO there’s nothing funny about this thread and the terrible violence happening in and around GAZA. 

When I mentioned this in the Ukraine thread, finding the fact that people killing other people was nothing to laugh about, I was told that humour is a way to deal with this crap.

I stand by what I stated, I find no reason to laugh about either situation.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It’s not the Palestinians that need to “unite” with the Israelis. 

Israel has the power to effectively provide humanitarian aide and services as well as refugee support for Palestinians who are displaced.

But ohhhh wait a second, how can they “unite” with a group of people in which they were responsible for displacing and occupying in the first place. 🤨

Answer is simple. Don’t put 2 million people in a strip land.

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You are taking the view of a poster on a hockey board in Canada regarding the fact that what's done is in the past, is in the past.

Tell that to the Palestinians that have lost children, family members over the last few decades.

Tell the same thing to the Isrealis that have lost loved ones.

And the illegal settlements have only increased in the last few years.

This is not ancient history. 

The provocation on both sides has continued right up until this current conflict.

It's actually one continuous conflict with big flash points for decades.

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, Provost said:

I don’t know anything about a Farah crossing, but Egypt didn’t blockade the Rafeh crossing.

It is a border checkpoint that has largely been open and that is how the bulk of aid has come into Gaza over the years.

It is currently closed because Israel has repeatedly bombed it.  They have decreed that no water, food, or humanitarian aid is to be allowed into Gaza or they will face being attacked 

“Rafah” crossing. Not sure how I got Farah.  My new iPhone automatically fills in words as I type. 

Seems like it was originally closed up until 2011. Since then there have been changes to the Egyptian government and the border crossing was opened up several times and closed several times. I believe it was only opened permanently a few years ago. But your right, it has been opened up for awhile. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

24 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

You are taking the view of a poster on a hockey board in Canada regarding the fact that what's done is in the past, is in the past.

Tell that to the Palestinians that have lost children, family members over the last few decades.

Tell the same thing to the Isrealis that have lost loved ones.

And the illegal settlements have only increased in the last few years.

This is not ancient history. 

The provocation on both sides has continued right up until this current conflict.

It's actually one continuous conflict with big flash points for decades.

I understand the history. Just saying that if nobody wants to put the past behind them then there will never be a resolution and there will never be peace. 

Are you thinking that is impossible because too much history?  What’s the solution then?  Just let Israel bomb Gaza until everyone dies?  Talking about the past isn’t going to fix the present and future. 

• ThereItIs 1

1. #Hamas continued conducting rocket attacks into Israel at a lower rate of fire compared to previous days. The group also urged Palestinian civilians to remain in place in response to Israeli calls for civilians to evacuate the northern #Gaza Strip.

2. Palestinian militants clashed with Israeli security forces across the #WestBank at a higher rate, which is consistent with Hamas’ call for escalation.

3. Lebanese #Hezbollah (LH) claimed to attack four Israeli positions in northern Israel on October 13. The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) and LH deployed forces to the southwestern Syrian border on October 13.

4. The Iranian regime is messaging that US and Israeli actions could expand the war beyond #Israel and the Palestinian territories while trying to intensify violence against Israel in the West Bank.

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Odd. said:

It’s not the Palestinians that need to “unite” with the Israelis. 

Israel has the power to effectively provide humanitarian aide and services as well as refugee support for Palestinians who are displaced.

But ohhhh wait a second, how can they “unite” with a group of people in which they were responsible for displacing and occupying in the first place. 🤨

Answer is simple. Don’t put 2 million people in a strip land.

Your post doesn’t provide a solution to the current situation. So around we go in circles. 

Israel can certainly provide humanitarian aid to the Palestinian people. They won’t be doing it though as long as Hamas is around. So the circle continues. 

• ThereItIs 1