Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

1. #Hamas continued conducting rocket attacks into Israel at a lower rate of fire compared to previous days. The group also urged Palestinian civilians to remain in place in response to Israeli calls for civilians to evacuate the northern #Gaza Strip.

2. Palestinian militants clashed with Israeli security forces across the #WestBank at a higher rate, which is consistent with Hamas’ call for escalation.

3. Lebanese #Hezbollah (LH) claimed to attack four Israeli positions in northern Israel on October 13. The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) and LH deployed forces to the southwestern Syrian border on October 13.

4. The Iranian regime is messaging that US and Israeli actions could expand the war beyond #Israel and the Palestinian territories while trying to intensify violence against Israel in the West Bank.

Looks like a shitstorm in the making. Can Israel afford to be fighting on numerous fronts if things really took a turn?

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Looks like a shitstorm in the making. Can Israel afford to be fighting on numerous fronts if things really took a turn?

They could fight an all out war on at least 2 major fronts. They have the ground forces, artillery, tanks, air support and defensive capabilities. 

What they don’t have is a military industrial complex to replenish themselves from within. 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

“Rafah” crossing. Not sure how I got Farah.  My new iPhone automatically fills in words as I type. 

Seems like it was originally closed up until 2011. Since then there have been changes to the Egyptian government and the border crossing was opened up several times and closed several times. I believe it was only opened permanently a few years ago. But your right, it has been opened up for awhile. 

… and it wasn’t closed to keep terrorists out.  It was has been an issue because of an unmanageable refugee crisis.  Already 9 million refugees for different countries in the region in Egypt.

There is no capacity to add an other couple million or so that Israel wants to ethnically cleanse from Gaza 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I understand the history. Just saying that if nobody wants to put the past behind them then there will never be a resolution and there will never be peace. 

Are you thinking that is impossible because too much history?  What’s the solution then?  Just let Israel bomb Gaza until everyone dies?  Talking about the past isn’t going to fix the present and future. 

Try reading that article I posted.

Hussain Dawabshe's, a man whose daughter and son in law and daughter were burned alive, in an attack by Jewish fundamentalist settlers.

Whose 18 month old grandson received burns to 2 thirds of his body.

To quote from the author of the article and filmaker 

" how does a man who has lost everything have the dignity to get up every day, to stay alive, struggling but determined that his grandson would not grow up not with the idea of revenge but forgiveness " 

Maybe that's how peace can be achieved, by having more people like Hussain in this world.

Do you believe you could be as strong as Hussain if you were in his position ?

• Huggy Bear 1

They could fight an all out war on at least 2 major fronts. They have the ground forces, artillery, tanks, air support and defensive capabilities. 

What they don’t have is a military industrial complex to replenish themselves from within. 

Hence why they're reliant on US aid. I see now.

My worry is that if Israel pushes to hard in Gaza in their lust for vengeance that they may end up stretching themselves too thin that may open the door for more incursions that target civilians which in turn escalates Israel actions. 

So it begins. 

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

He's been exposed and neutered in the Ukraine conflict and is trying to look like a tough guy again.

He hasn’t been neutered yet. 

Winter is Coming. 

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Hence why they're reliant on US aid. I see now.

My worry is that if Israel pushes to hard in Gaza in their lust for vengeance that they may end up stretching themselves too thin that may open the door for more incursions that target civilians which in turn escalates Israel actions. 

So it begins. 

That aid is going to be difficult,

considering the US hasn’t completely ramped up its production capabilities nor capacity to fully meet Ukraine’s needs. 

To meet Israel’s needs as well in a full

fledged regional conflict would be well…difficult, for lack of better terms. 

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

He hasn’t been neutered yet. 

Winter is Coming. 

He hasn't been killed by his own countrymen yet. 

On the European stage, Big Bad Pooty is no longer the boogeyman he once was.

The only remaining credible threat he still has are his country's nukes.  He's also been called out and dared multiple times on that during the Ukraine conflict. 

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

He hasn't been killed by his own countrymen yet. 

On the European stage, Big Bad Pooty is no longer the boogeyman he once was.

The only remaining credible threat he still has are his country's nukes.  He's also been called out and dared multiple times on that during the Ukraine conflict. 

Yet is the operative word. 

There’s going to be a breaking point I suspect. 

The fall of Crimea I reckon will the trigger. 

34 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

There are currently 32 ongoing conflicts in the world right now.

Isreal has amassed a force that will crush any possible resistance.

Yet the Americans are rushing to " help them out "

Yet is the operative word. 

There’s going to be a breaking point I suspect. 

The fall of Crimea I reckon will the trigger. 

Russian dictators historically fall ugly, but it would be poetic justice if he got poisoned with his favourite assassination material - Polonium-210.

4 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

One of the main uses of the F-15E is ground support.  I'd imagine the Israelis have definitely decided to invade with ground troops and have asked for help with air support.

5 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

The US is certainly putting assets in the region to be prepared for any spillover from a wider regional conflict, as a prudent measure of deterrence. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

25 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Try reading that article I posted.

Hussain Dawabshe's, a man whose daughter and son in law and daughter were burned alive, in an attack by Jewish fundamentalist settlers.

Whose 18 month old grandson received burns to 2 thirds of his body.

To quote from the author of the article and filmaker 

" how does a man who has lost everything have the dignity to get up every day, to stay alive, struggling but determined that his grandson would not grow up not with the idea of revenge but forgiveness " 

Maybe that's how peace can be achieved, by having more people like Hussain in this world.

Do you believe you could be as strong as Hussain if you were in his position ?

I agree with Hussain. Isn’t that what our God teaches us?  Forgiveness is the key to everything my brother. 

So how do the Palestinians and the Israelis learn how to forgive?  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Russian dictators historically fall ugly, but it would be poetic justice if he got poisoned with his favourite assassination material - Polonium-210.

One of the main uses of the F-15E is ground support.  I'd imagine the Israelis have definitely decided to invade with ground troops and have asked for help with air support.

I hope it’s more along the lines of  Grenadium but I’ll settle for a shove out the Windownium. 

Israel has plenty of F-35’s, F-16’s, F-15’s and Apache’s, for just the Strip. 

They don’t really need the US’s help in that area. 

7 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Nothing has changed in his neck of the woods, Soviets supported Arabs back in 73 and 67. He is the old KGB cadre after all.

And Putin is ex-KGB, so it tracks. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Yes they really need it, right ? 

It's gonna be a bloodbath and if America is involved you guys will have blood on your hands.

However that is nothing new. 

Chomsky speaking at the start of the song

The Phoenix Program

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Program

17 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

The US is certainly putting assets in the region to be prepared for any spillover from a wider regional conflict, as a prudent measure of deterrence. 

Um yeah, all right. 

Wouldn't be anything to do with a powerful lobby group now would it. 

Oops, my cynicism is showing.

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

Yes they really need it, right ? 

It's gonna be a bloodbath and if America is involved you guys will have blood on your hands.

However that is nothing new.

Yet another example of why the US is damned if we do and damned if we don't when it comes to other countries wanting us to foot the bill as the world's police force.

We show up to conflicts, we're wrong and are responsible for death.  We stay away and we're wrong and we are responsible for deaths.

The world doesn't foot the bill for our military but yet it wants to tell us where to go and how to use it.

• Cheers 3

19 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree with Hussain. Isn’t that what our God teaches us?  Forgiveness is the key to everything my brother. 

So how do the Palestinians and the Israelis learn how to forgive?  

I don't know.

I don't know that I could be that sort of person myself.

I want to believe that with time I could.

• Huggy Bear 1

7 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Um yeah, all right. 

Wouldn't be anything to do with a powerful lobby group now would it. 

Oops, my cynicism is showing.

I’m sure AIPAC has been playing its part, without a doubt. 

However, I also believe its pragmatism and preparation for worst case scenarios. 

Better to have assets in place than not. 

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

Yet another example of why the US is damned if we do and damned if we don't when it comes to other countries wanting us to foot the bill as the world's police force.

We show up to conflicts, we're wrong and are responsible for death.  We stay away and we're wrong and we are responsible for deaths.

The world doesn't foot the bill for our military but yet it wants to tell us where to go and how to use it.

Not me brother.

As far as I am concerned you are not the worlds police.

And I think you missed my point, lot of conflicts that have been going on far a damn sight longer.

A week after this conflict has reignited in a big way all of a sudden you guys send an aircraft carrier ?

I often wonder if people actually realise the potential destruction one of those things can cause.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

I don't know.

I don't know that I could be that sort of person myself.

I want to believe that with time I could.

Time heals everything.  But old wounds are still present, even though they may look like they are healed.

I am not sure I could be that kind of person either.  I mean if someone slaughtered my family, would I forgive the murderer and shake his hand?  Probably not.  But then I am just like rest of us, we are all no different.  No matter what we believe.

War and evil have been present since the beginning of time.  And will probably be here until the end of time...

• Like 1