Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

and the bigger waste of all that humanity for thousands and thousands of years can be traced back to one delusional asshat. "God said i have to kill you my boy...oh wait, now he says i can spare your life but i have to cut up your junk a bit, for god is good."

I guess it's just if the outcome of this latest war is just more generations of Palestinians choosing leaders like Hamas, I mean what was it for? just more of the same?

I have no idea how people in Gaza are going to get to a place where they can choose a better life instead of whatever this is. Just have to hope someone or something emerges out of this that provides real leadership.

8 hours ago, Taxi said:

1. Israel does not get away with war crimes. If Israel is committing was crimes, then ever nation who engages in urban combat is too. You would have to substantially change the definition of war crimes to hold Israel accountable. 

2. Nobody values Palestinian lives less. They see Hamas as responsible for the deaths. If you are going to build a massive religious death cult and then hide behind your own civilians while you attack a much stronger neighbor, people are going to die. 

Isreal has targeted and killed civilians, this is a war crime.

Here is the words of an Isreali soldier that was interviewed by Chanel 4 in Britain, admitting the IDF targets civilians.

And I don't agree with everything the narrator of the video states.

Israel has targeted and killed Journalists, this is a war crime.

Israel has targeted and killed aid workers, this is a war crime. 

And yes, both in the press and " ordinary " people, Palestinian lives are valued less. 

When talking about the October 7 attack, the press, and people, nearly all of us, use the words, massacre, or attrocity.

When describing Isreals attacks targeted attacks on civilians, journalists and aid workers, people like yourself claim that Hamas' is using them as human shields, or Isreal is defending itself. 

So right there you are devaluing Palestinian lives. 

6 hours ago, RomanPer said:

Congratulations, you found another useful idiot Jew who doesn’t represent majority of us, and now using him as some sort of proof.

What does any of this have to do with the original post of mine that you are replying to? You will be reported for spam.

Anthony is an award winning Author that has written a few books about different subjects.

Including books about Isreal.

He is also a highly respected Journalist, both here in Australia and in other parts of the world.

I think that PO would like how he describes himself, as a Jewish athiest.  

And that post contained information that is relevant to this thread. 

It also enlarges on the theme I brought up a page or two ago, about Isreal selling weapons and technology, to authoritarian/repressive regimes. 

3 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

and the bigger waste of all that humanity for thousands and thousands of years can be traced back to one delusional asshat. "God said i have to kill you my boy...oh wait, now he says i can spare your life but i have to cut up your junk a bit, for god is good."

Up until then sacrifice of the firstborn was widespread in the world, so for its day switching in circumcision and exclusively animal sacrifice should be considered progressive, no?

8 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

Anthony is an award winning Author that has written a few books about different subjects.

Including books about Isreal.

He is also a highly respected Journalist, both here in Australia and in other parts of the world.

I think that PO would like how he describes himself, as a Jewish athiest.  

And that post contained information that is relevant to this thread. 

It also enlarges on the theme I brought up a page or two ago, about Isreal selling weapons and technology, to authoritarian/repressive regimes. 

What does any of it have to do with my original post that Jews are making peace with Germans? Do you even read what you are replying to?

And in the 100th time - it's IsrAel, not IsrEal. In case you are still in doubt - Israel Is very rEal   and will stay that way forever.

Well, you can't argue that it looks much better this way 🙂 

This is not a religious based conflict, at least on the Palestinian side.

The Palestinians uphold deeds dating back to the Ottoman period. 

They also question the legality of the British and American led UN process which gave a part of their ancestral lands to the Israelis/ Jews to form the state of Israel.

Religion was not a factor for either the Palestinians.

Or for the UN in giving the land to the Jews/Isrealis.

I believe, as I have stated many times, that the Palestinians should accept that the Isrealis have a right to a homeland in Isreal/Palestine.

I also believe that Israelis should accept that Palestinians have a right to a homeland in Palestine/Isreal.

I wish they could get along and form one state.

A state where everyone is treated equally.

If you are trying to blame religion for all wars, then you would wrong again.

According to the Encyclopaedia of wars, out of 1,763 known historical conflicts, only 121, 6.87% had religion as their primary cause. 

Bottom line, humans just like to kill each other for stupid reasons. 

11 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

What does any of it have to do with my original post that Jews are making peace with Germans? Do you even read what you are replying to?

And in the 100th time - it's IsrAel, not IsrEal. In case you are still in doubt - Israel Is very rEal   and will stay that way forever.

You stated in your original post that I replied to, that Jews didn't want to kill/hate Germans.

After what the Germans had done to them, the Holocaust. 

I stated, one of the major reasons for this was that the Jews were given a homeland.

I will also add that the Germans paid reparations to the Israelis/Jews.

Another reason the Israeli/Jews don't hate the Germans.

Maybe if Israel paid reparations to the Palestinians they wouldn't kill/hate Israelis/Jews.

I suggested that Israel should give the Palestinians a homeland, and maybe the Palestinians wouldn't want to hate/kill Israelis/Jews.

I also suggested that the Isrealis should stop killing Palestinians and maybe Palestinians would stop killing/hating Israelis/Jews. 

And that's my stupid spell check on this phone.

I write it the wrong way once, and then is spell checks it that way.

Sorry.

47 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

This might not help at all, hahaha, but I always mentally link the spelling with one of the Archangels, Azrael. The part i find funny in posting this here is that Azrael is among other things the angel of death. (sure, Generosity, forgiveness, life, patience and others..but yeah, hehe too funny that I bring it up here)

I am an atheist, but I am literate in the human folklores. I have always wanted my doctorate in Theology and Mythology. Maybe when I turn sixty I will go back to school.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

This might not help at all, hahaha, but I always mentally link the spelling with one of the Archangels, Azrael. The part i find funny in posting this here is that Azrael is among other things the angel of death. (sure, Generosity, forgiveness, life, patience and others..but yeah, hehe too funny that I bring it up here)

I am an atheist, but I am literate in the human folklores. I have always wanted my doctorate in Theology and Mythology. Maybe when I turn sixty I will go back to school.

Who needs a doctorate to be well versed in Theology, Comparitive Religion and Mythology.

I have been studying these things for close to fifty years.

I used to have to catch a train into Melbourne, to go to the bigger libraries to access their texts back in the 70's, no internet then.

At first I did this so I had I had the knowledge to counter the claims the priests made in religion class.

After a while I just became interested in these subjects.

It also led to an interest in philosophy. 

4 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

Oh, I have to quote this post again.

Wasn't that delusional " asshat " Jewish ?

1 hour ago, Inkidu said:

Up until then sacrifice of the firstborn was widespread in the world, so for its day switching in circumcision and exclusively animal sacrifice should be considered progressive, no?

And circumcision helps lessen the build up of smegma.

A story of a Palestinian and a Jew/Israeli.

One served time in the IDF, the other served the time in Isreali prisons.

They share a common vision.

They started an organisation that they called, Two States One Homeland.

Now it is known  as, A Land For All.

https://www.972mag.com/jewish-palestinian-partnership-october-7-war/

It is not only possible, Isrealis and Palestinians do work together for peace.

6 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

I stopped replying to him a while ago. Take a hint…

roman I will always reply to posts that I consider worthy of a reply. 

You should understand, this a message board, you don't get to dictate who replies to your posts. 

Aren't you upset with PO for calling Abraham a " delusional asshat " ? 

I have never, and will never denigrate a Jewish/Isreali person.

As I have stated, they are some of my favourite people.

Noam Chomsky, Anthony Lowenstein, Mike Burkett, John Safran just to name a few.

^ Not my opinion; Pan Arab state encompassing Israel, Syria & Lebanon is its summary. You can guess what that means? I also noted they cited Israel as the cause for all Arab civil wars in region. Just putting the argument presented by that sect in a clear video.

Here is two videos on the Kurds 100 year dilemma.  The 2knd notes the 30KM security zone the entire length of Syria & Iraq seized by Turkey.

* To house Syrian & Iraqi refugee's so they did not have to be settled in Turkey according to Turkiye...

* Looking more like a bordered zone which was easy for them to bomb Kurds.

* In any case the security zone is the size of Israel; where we know how West Bank & Gaza occupied territories have been viewed by some?

* Kurds only had a temporary state Mahabad recognized by the Soviets after WWII.

* Stateless & victims of death & violence in greater numbers than Palestinians throughout history; save the last year.

Descriptions are pretty washed over, maps and boundaries pretty specific by time frame WWII onwards. Any thoughts on Johnny?

Interest rates in Turkey are near 50%. Why not tether to a new currency & banking system with no rules?   😄

Spoiler

Unlike Ukraine, trying to skip reforms requested (including humanitarian ones, cough Cypress / Kurds), notably economic ones including corruption.

My own view is this is a negotiation tactic.  Longer term, access 3rd world markets to re-spread the Ottoman Empire, possibly through Palestine again.

@Warhippy @Bob Long @RomanPer @Ilunga @bolt @Canuck Surfer @Optimist Prime @RupertKBD

Hi Guys

Without naming who is doing what in the Israeli/Hamas war

Can anyone name me a war in the past 200 + years, where civilians were not bombed/shot/ raped/tortured

I do mean this as a defense........but merely, asking a question, I can not answer

Because IMO, I can not think of one........................Honestly!

Anyone else want to jump in? Be my guest!

• Like 1