Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

29 minutes ago, bolt said:

Human shield casualties is equivalent to targeting day care centers and killing babies?  I hope there is restraint soon but to compare the two as the same is nauseating.

Fixed that for you. Don't expect much honesty from those who equate the two.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bolt said:

Being LGBTQI+ in Palestine means:

1) Up to 10 years in Prison for being Gay 

2) Physical violence including beheadings, assault & torture 

3) No civil laws protecting LGBT from discrimination or harassment

4) LGBT groups are banned from holding any events or parades

Well shit, that is awful.

Let’s kill a few thousand of their babies then as revenge.

When do we roll in on Texas and start killing their babies?  I just want to pencil it in on my calendar so I don’t miss it.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Now that the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower and her Carrier Strike Group are Enroute towards the Eastern Mediterranean, NATO will soon have a Massive Naval Armada in the Region this includes: 

- 2 Aircraft Carriers
USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78)
USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69)

- 2 Ticonderoga-Class Cruisers
USS Normandy (CG-60)
USS Philippines Sea (CG-58)

- 7 Arleigh Burke-Class Destroyers
USS Thomas Hudner (DDG-116)
USS Ramage (DDG-61)
USS Carney (DDG-64)
USS Roosevelt (DDG-80)
USS Laboon (DDG-58)
USS Mason (DDG-87)
USS Gravely (DDG-107)

- 1 Type-45 Air Defense Destroyer
HMS Duncan (D-37)

- 5 Frigates
ESPS Méndez Núñez (F-104) 
FS Surcouf (F-711)
ITS Carlo Margottini (F-592)
TCG Yavuz (F-240)
HS Psara (F-454)

- 2 Landing Support Ships
RFA Lyme Bay
RFA Argus 

As well as an untold number of Submarines, Supply Ships, Aircraft and other Surface Ships which may also enter or be ordered to the Eastern Mediterranean over the next week, in my opinion this is much more than just Posturing for an Israeli Invasion of Gaza.

16 hours ago, Provost said:

Is the plan that starving people to death will be slightly better optics than bombing them all? 

The government of Gaza attacked Israeli civilians. Israeli civilians and their government have no responsibility to feed the people at war with them, any more than England had to feed Germany during ww2

• Like 1

Already starting to try to change the narrative.  Israel stated it was cutting off water and electricity to Gaza and did so.

https://m.jpost.com/israel-news/article-768005

Public sentiment in the world is moving towards sympathizing with thousand of refugees being bombed and millions starved.

Now this morning their ambassador was on CNN with Jake Tapper and said it was Hamas who did it and not Israel

They need to keep track of their own propaganda.

18 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

The government of Gaza attacked Israeli civilians. Israeli civilians and their government have no responsibility to feed the people at war with them, any more than England had to feed Germany during ww2

What an absolutely horrible thing to say. You have lost any respect or validity of opinion based on that statement. Shameful and horrible. 

https://youtu.be/aEdGcej-6D0?si=F0jwRGS02_E7RXbV

im a scenario where Palestinians are prisoners to Israel and each of their basic needs is allowed/disallows by them they have no opportunity or are in a position to feed themselves. 

Edited by JangoFett

2 minutes ago, JangoFett said:

What an absolutely horrible thing to say. You have lost any respect or validity of opinion based on that statement. Shameful and horrible. 

https://youtu.be/aEdGcej-6D0?si=F0jwRGS02_E7RXbV

So they do have a responsibility to feed Gaza? I am open to hearing why and changing my mind. I just dont think if the USA Attacked Canada, that Canada would be obliged to provide food water and electricity to the civilians in the USA.

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

So they do have a responsibility to feed Gaza? I am open to hearing why and changing my mind. I just dont think if the USA Attacked Canada, that Canada would be obliged to provide food water and electricity to the civilians in the USA.

This is a real life scenario where Palestinians are prisoners to Israel and each of their basic needs are allowed or disallowed by the Israeli occupiers, which means Palestinians are not afforded the opportunity or are in a position to feed themselves. 

you should really take the time to inform and educate yourself, cause all you’re doing is making yourself look terrible. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JangoFett said:

This is a real life scenario where Palestinians are prisoners to Israel and each of their basic needs are allowed or disallowed by the Israeli occupiers, which means Palestinians are not afforded the opportunity or are in a position to feed themselves. 

you should really take the time to inform and educate yourself, cause all you’re doing is making yourself look terrible. 

Granted. i will think on the food thing, but I am still not convinced that there is any moral or legal guidance that says Israel, who was attacked viciously by the Government of Gaza, must feed, provide electricity or anything else to the people of Gaza. 

I would think the people of Gaza, if they disavow their governments brutal and incredibly heinous attack a week ago saturday, will turn over Hamas members to the IDF and get out from under Hamas in order to improve their lot in life.

19 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Exactly. Efforts of moral equivalence which is what is being attempted by Hamas escapes me. Israel fights for its life and that of its people and yet are expected to carry of Palestinians as well. Responsibility for that rests with others. 

Yes, Bomber Harris of the Royal Airforce is fingered as a war criminal. Allied leadership of that era would have laughed. Yes, Allied bombs killed many German women and children that did not lift a weapon against Allied forces. History has very little trouble with that harsh reality. 

Israel could use one of their nuclear bombs on Tehran and end the aid that enables those who are trying to kill them. They have not. As the clock tics Iran works closer to the day when they can drop a bomb on Israel. Does Israeli restraint count for anything? In the anals of history it will not. Military doctrine says Israel must destroy Hamas and those that help it.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Granted. i will think on the food thing, but I am still not convinced that there is any moral or legal guidance that says Israel, who was attacked viciously by the Government of Gaza, must feed, provide electricity or anything else to the people of Gaza. 

I would think the people of Gaza, if they disavow their governments brutal and incredibly heinous attack a week ago saturday, will turn over Hamas members to the IDF and get out from under Hamas in order to improve their lot in life.

Unbelievable you are beyond having an intelligent conversation with. You obviously are not informed enough to be participating in this conversation and do not have an appreciation for the context and gravity of the situation. Again just shameful that’s what you have to say. 

you kinda sound like this guy

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Exactly. Efforts of moral equivalence which is what is being attempted by Hamas escapes me. Israel fights for its life and that of its people and yet are expected to carry of Palestinians as well. Responsibility for that rests with others. 

Yes, Bomber Harris of the Royal Airforce is fingered as a war criminal. Allied leadership of that era would have laughed. Yes, Allied bombs killed many German women and children that did not lift a weapon against Allied forces. History has very little trouble with that harsh reality. 

Israel could use one of their nuclear bombs on Tehran and end the aid that enables those who are trying to kill them. They have not. As the clock tics Iran works closer to the day when they can drop a bomb on Israel. Does Israeli restraint count for anything? In the anals of history it will not. Military doctrine says Israel must destroy Hamas and those that help it.  

Israel has restraint eh? They have been keeping palestiniens as prisoners on a land that was taken from them. They control every aspect of their life from food, water, medicine. They have over decades killed innocent palestiniens but you haven’t heard of that so it doesn’t matter right? 

what you are spewing is filth. You should be ashamed of yourself. 

then you go on to say nuke a country and get it over with. What an Animalistic behaviour and opinion you are promoting. Shameful. Wow you’ve shown your true colours 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JangoFett said:

Unbelievable you are beyond having an intelligent conversation with. You obviously are not informed enough to be participating in this conversation and do not have an appreciation for the context and gravity of the situation. Again just shameful that’s what you have to say. 

I understand your emotion, but lets put it this way: if you come to me for food every Saturday and then one Friday you punch me in the mouth and kill my daughter: what on earth makes you think you can show up Saturday with your hand out looking for food?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I think people that run a prison do  have a moral obligation to provide food to their  prisoners....

But that it just me.   I have  basic decency and care for all  fellow humans. 

Edited by moosehead
  • Upvote 2

I understand your emotion, but lets put it this way: if you come to me for food every Saturday and then one Friday you punch me in the mouth and kill my daughter: what on earth makes you think you can show up Saturday with your hand out looking for food?

im done with you. You’re far beyond saving. Shameful. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JangoFett said:

Except even he is lying and equivocating.  Israel has publicly stated it is not permitting any aid into Gaza from anywhere else.

There are shipments of aid marshalled near the borders waiting for the ability to get it and alleviate the suffering.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

As a last attempt to get it to stick for you since you lack major comprehension and information on the situation, I encourage you to watch this video in response to your scenario. 

Edited by JangoFett

Just now, moosehead said:

I think people that run a prison due have a moral obligation to provide food to those prisoners....

But that it just me.   I have  basic decency and care for all  fellow humans. 

Well, for the sake of our forums humanity, lol, I will agree that Israel was and did provide that food up until literally the attack on Saturday last. 

Are you all forgetting exactly what happened only 8 days ago? I would expect Israel will again feed Gaza once this emergency situation is dealt with, but at the moment Hamas is firing rockets from the rooftops of apartments, storing rockets in mosques, schools and reportedly a UN facility now. (that was hit by an israeli bomb which exposed the UN facility, reportedly a school was packed full of Hamas munitions and rockets)

My guess is once Israel has managed to put down Hamas fighters, the people of Gaza will likely get aid from Israel again.

My apologies to the more emotional among our posters here. I don't think I need to state every post that my heart is bleeding for the civilians in the warzone, that is a given. I am only on the side of peace and prosperity for all humans. 

• Cheers 1

Well, for the sake of our forums humanity, lol, I will agree that Israel was and did provide that food up until literally the attack on Saturday last. 

Are you all forgetting exactly what happened only 8 days ago? I would expect Israel will again feed Gaza once this emergency situation is dealt with, but at the moment Hamas is firing rockets from the rooftops of apartments, storing rockets in mosques, schools and reportedly a UN facility now. (that was hit by an israeli bomb which exposed the UN facility, reportedly a school was packed full of Hamas munitions and rockets)

My guess is once Israel has managed to put down Hamas fighters, the people of Gaza will likely get aid from Israel again.

My apologies to the more emotional among our posters here. I don't think I need to state every post that my heart is bleeding for the civilians in the warzone, that is a given. I am only on the side of peace and prosperity for all humans. 

If there is some kind of an attack in prison. I do not think it is acceptable to deny all prisoners food and water for an extended period of time.  That is collective punishment and extremely unethical / immoral.

I care about all humans and i do not support torturing innocent civilians.  But then again that is just my opinion. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, moosehead said:

If there is some kind of an attack in prison. I do not think it is acceptable to deny all prisoners food and water for an extended period of time.  That is collective punishment and extremely unethical / immoral.

I care about all humans and i do not support torturing innocent civilians.  But then again that is just my opinion. 

Nor do I.

How would you propose that the people firing rockets from apartment rooftops are dealt with? 

Keep in mind those people are the Army of Gaza led by the government of Gaza.