Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

37 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

I gave you an answer. It’s just not an answer that you want or the one that satisfies your narrative. In any case, it’s entirely on you. You can try and twist my words any way you want. Won’t be the first time for the other side.

No.  You didn't.  You are now arguing semantics for a very simple question that you avoided answering in a simple manner.

The bottom line is asking someone if they believe if someone critiquing Israel's policy regarding Palestine is anti semetic is a yes or no.  No skirting things or adding stories.  Just a yes or no.

Don't need the extras on the burger mate.  You didn't answer and your lack of such is an answer in form and that's ok.

On 10/13/2023 at 10:19 PM, Sabrefan1 said:

I said in this thread earlier today that if it was up to me, we'd cede the conflicts in that part of the world to Europe.  They can take over and fund all of the fighting.

We're slowly dying as a nation because we are funding this crap year after year and ignoring the needs of our own populace.

When you are the worlds largest weapons manufacturer it is all subsidy to the industry taking the money out of your pockets and putting into the hands of the war mongers and their investors. Good luck stopping that. 

31 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Dude, just stop. Tel Aviv has gay community comparable in size to Vancouver gay community. They are not persecuted by the government. There are gay Knesset members. In Gaza gays hide, because if they are found, they will be killed. How can you compare that to a few bigots that exist in every society. Are you telling me there are no idiots in Canada that are against LGBTQ?

Don't dude me champ.

Someone used the aspect of gay people being persecuted in Palestine as a slight against palestine.  They failed to mention this happens as well in Israel.  Canada.  America.  The UK and almost every nation in the world.

hate is hate period.  When someone leans on something this far reaching that crosses borders, beliefs and basic human decency to justify a position it's childish.

Bottom line is Palestine is not alone in this, it's a global issue.  Why is that hard to understand for some of you?

• Upvote 1

Was driving a while ago and was listening to CKNW and the show West Block was on and the host had someone from who was a Palestine negotiator from the past I want to say? Shortly after the interview started it was cut off and replaced with a completely different radio show. Curious if I was the only one who heard this...

Edited by BabyCakes
missed word

24 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I suspect that it may be a goal of the IDF now to destroy the tunnels under Gaza as well as any Hamas infrastructure above the surface in Gaza. It is likely that Gaza will be simply be brought to rubble and bulldozed out of existence north of the Wadi.

Seems reasonable.

16 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I am not sure what the LGBTQ community has to do with this conflict. 

Hamas’ and the Israel government’s history and actions towards each other are not in regards of the LGBTQ community. 

Treatment of LGBTQ peoples in these areas are a separate issue. 

IMO this derails the topic at hand. 

Someone used the treatment of the lgbtq community as a reference point for how bad Palestine is.  Nothing more.  

It shouldn't derail this topic at all to point out this is a global issue.  Not indicative of just one nation.  Pointing that out, that it happens in every nation and every political field and medium should end that argument.

8 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

The reason it started is the fact that some members of LGBTQ community in the West is coming out in support of Hamas and some of us pointing out that it’s pretty oxymoronic.

Who in the lgbtq community is coming out in support of Hamas?  I haven't seen that?  Can you indicate or show us where the lgbtq community has done so because that seems a bit off

10 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

You can always count on @Warhippy to find reference to some idiot rabbi within Israel who represents nothing more than his own opinion and portray it as “Israel policy”.

And we can always count on you to jump to conlusions in the most insane manner based on some sort of over emotional response.  My posts show much more than one individual who has a significant following and a position of signficance in the region but then you don't like that so you only mentioned the one aspect of it to avoid an actual conversation.  

I also never once mentioned anything regarding this individuals position as having anything to do with Israeli policy so if I didn't say it don't tell people I did.  Lying is kind of frowned upon if you're looking for credibility

5 hours ago, bolt said:

Being LGBTQI+ in Palestine means:

1) Up to 10 years in Prison for being Gay 

2) Physical violence including beheadings, assault & torture 

3) No civil laws protecting LGBT from discrimination or harassment

4) LGBT groups are banned from holding any events or parades

21 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I am not sure what the LGBTQ community has to do with this conflict. 

Hamas’ and the Israel government’s history and actions towards each other are not in regards of the LGBTQ community. 

Treatment of LGBTQ peoples in these areas are a separate issue. 

IMO this derails the topic at hand. 

See the above post.

This is dropping a deuce and leaving.

This is a global issue and not relegated to or just central to one place.  The suggestion of this post highlights or insinuates that side A is bad because of this when it is a global issue that permeates every political field and belief structure and in this instance needs to be highlighted as being a global issue and every single nation int he world has public figures in positions of importance making laws or statements of an inflammatory nature against this community.  That every nation has a population who finds their sheer existence as being repugnant.

People need to understand how serious this separate issue is and make damned well sure it is not used as a talking point used towards enflaming and directing peoples opinions against any one particular body.

Again a global issue.  The matter as such should be totally dead and dropped and should not be used as a talking point to highlight any one body knowing that is is in fact global

• Upvote 1

Want to see something interesting?

In your google search bar type in the following

Israel conflict and then Palestinian conflict

The way this issue gets portrayed by the media across the globe is really interesting.  I won't say things are curated but the difference in what comes up is interesting and is probably a media related thread all of its own regarding how searching things up from differing points of view shows you very different things.

15 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Don't dude me champ.

Someone used the aspect of gay people being persecuted in Palestine as a slight against palestine.  They failed to mention this happens as well in Israel.  Canada.  America.  The UK and almost every nation in the world.

hate is hate period.  When someone leans on something this far reaching that crosses borders, beliefs and basic human decency to justify a position it's childish.

Bottom line is Palestine is not alone in this, it's a global issue.  Why is that hard to understand for some of you?

Are you seriously comparing the rights and freedoms of gay people in Canada to their rights and freedoms in the Middle East?

LGBT rights in the Middle East - Wikipedia

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people generally have limited or highly restrictive rights in most parts of the Middle East, and are open to hostility in others. Sex between men is illegal in 9 of the 18 countries that make up the region. It is punishable by death in five of these 18 countries. The rights and freedoms of LGBT citizens are strongly influenced by the prevailing cultural traditions and religious mores of people living in the region – particularly Islam.

All same-sex activity is legal in Cyprus, Northern Cyprus, Israel, Lebanon, Turkey.

Male same-sex activity is illegal and punishable by imprisonment in Kuwait, Egypt, Oman and Syria. It is also punishable by death in Iran, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates. In Yemen and the Gaza Strip, the punishment might differ between death and imprisonment depending on the act committed.

Please show me one example of a gay person in Canada who was executed for being gay...

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

41 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I suspect that it may be a goal of the IDF now to destroy the tunnels under Gaza as well as any Hamas infrastructure above the surface in Gaza. It is likely that Gaza will be simply be brought to rubble and bulldozed out of existence north of the Wadi.

Agree. Also, another goal that will be attempted to be accomplished is to destroy all levels of the Hamas military wing leadership. 

Israel is going to go full extermination on I suspect. 

Hezbollah, beware. 

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

image.thumb.png.ff492ee0a63530f3ac6264be780601f1.png

Hamas has decided that kids need guns to go die in the streets while their Political Figure Head hides in Qatar.

image.thumb.png.7f9d14d2d03cdf676a8c1cc9e3655639.png

Is this the guy who was in the interview in the russia/ukraine thread talking about how russia supports what they're doing and iran has been helping?

It's always convenient to let people fight your ideological nonsense and die while you siphon money meant to help them in safety in another nation.  Seems to be a recurring theme with these types.

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Are you seriously comparing the rights and freedoms of gay people in Canada to their rights and freedoms in the Middle East?

LGBT rights in the Middle East - Wikipedia

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people generally have limited or highly restrictive rights in most parts of the Middle East, and are open to hostility in others. Sex between men is illegal in 9 of the 18 countries that make up the region. It is punishable by death in five of these 18 countries. The rights and freedoms of LGBT citizens are strongly influenced by the prevailing cultural traditions and religious mores of people living in the region – particularly Islam.

All same-sex activity is legal in Cyprus, Northern Cyprus, Israel, Lebanon, Turkey.

Male same-sex activity is illegal and punishable by imprisonment in Kuwait, Egypt, Oman and Syria. It is also punishable by death in Iran, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates. In Yemen and the Gaza Strip, the punishment might differ between death and imprisonment depending on the act committed.

Please show me one example of a gay person in Canada who was executed for being gay...

Ya don't do this.  Either read the entirety of the thread or don't respond mate.  There was and is absolutely no comparison.  Jumping in half cocked with a response without having the information or actually finishing up the conversation just makes you respond in an emotional manner.

This has been addressed and the reason it was brought up and with luck; some of you will actually dissemble the reason why it was in fact mentioned at all before simply responding to respond 

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Agree. Also, another goal that will be attempted to be accomplished is to destroy all levels of the Hamas military wing leadership. 

Hezbollah, beware. 

One thing I don't understand.  

These are very public figures.  Israel is no slouch at all int he intelligence department and has US funding and assistance.  They have no fear of making things happen in other nations.

Why do they let these "leaders" live at all?

7 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Hezbollah, beware. 

Maybe not as low as the Wadi 'division' of upper and lower Gaza, but probably north of the intersection of  Hwy 10 and the Salah Al Deen main road, i mean. 

I could almost certainly see anything south-east of Salah Al Deen being demolished to create a 'buffer" like in southern Lebannon

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Ya don't do this.  Either read the entirety of the thread or don't respond mate.  There was and is absolutely no comparison.  Jumping in half cocked with a response without having the information or actually finishing up the conversation just makes you respond in an emotional manner.

This has been addressed and the reason it was brought up and with luck; some of you will actually dissemble the reason why it was in fact mentioned at all before simply responding to respond 

I've read the whole thread.  You don't think I've been reading this thread from the beginning?

22 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

When you are the worlds largest weapons manufacturer it is all subsidy to the industry taking the money out of your pockets and putting into the hands of the war mongers and their investors. Good luck stopping that. 

There's zero chance that stops.  The military industrial complex has been around in every region of the world since humans first created city-states. 

Panem et circenses - bread and circuses; keep people (plebs) fed and entertained and the ruling classes (patricians) can basically do anything they please.

Eisenhower warned about it in his farewell address and people ignored him.  Same way they ignored George Washington in his farewell address when he warned that political parties could just as easily take away your rights as a king can.

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

These are very public figures.  Israel is no slouch at all int he intelligence department and has US funding and assistance.  They have no fear of making things happen in other nations.

why does Israel not assassinate and murder people they disagree with? 

is that your question? seriously?

I worry for folks you may decide you disagree with enough.

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 2

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I'm guessing you could take him out in Iran or Iraq, but it's probably not a good idea to conduct something in a wealthy affluent nation

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Good question. Some reasons that comes to mind are:

- mutually assured targeting and destruction of civilian leadership

- Derailing peace talks/treaties by striking out against Hamas leadership in sovereign countries(Qatar as an example). 

- Israel doesn’t outright assassinate civilian leaders. (They could have with Arafat and a whole host of others) 

Just off the top of my head, without any deep thought or research, so I accept any correction if I was factually incorrect about anything. 

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I've read the whole thread.  You don't think I've been reading this thread from the beginning?

Judging by your response no.  And if you have then you have only been reading the parts you want to.

This conflict is already awful and has ben for 7 decades or more.  Someone chiming in saying Side X does this to the lgbtq community and then peacing out needs to be addressed period.  I am not going to continue to further derail this thread with this conversation.  If people do not like the fact I used the other side in this conflict to remind people that this is a global issue and that NOBODY on this planet is innocent of how their public figures and policies and populace mentality treat individuals of the LGBTQ community fine, I don't care.  But it's still true and it's never going to change that fact.

I will no longer respond to question or pearl clutching bullshit outrage over this because derailing this thread further to explain to people who seem to want to have an emotional outburst over it is just not worth my time and there are far greater issues in this conflict that exist over reminding people that every nation in this planet has people who treat marginalized members of society like trash

6 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

There's zero chance that stops.  The military industrial complex has been around in every region of the world since humans first created city-states. 

Panem et circenses - bread and circuses; keep people (plebs) fed and entertained and the ruling classes (patricians) can basically do anything they please.

Eisenhower warned about it in his farewell address and people ignored him.  Same way they ignored George Washington in his farewell address when he warned that political parties could just as easily take away your rights as a king can.

Two of the greatest speeches ever from a president. 

• Cheers 1