Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

12 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

If someone doesn't have time to watch the vid you posted and just reads your comments that you fully quoted they will walk away thinking that's what was actually said and not realizing it's just you putting words in his mouth.

Congratulations, you just created more disinformation for this topic. I realize your not doing it on purpose, I hope anyway, but you should really try and not misrepresent or misquote people.

we're in the age of instant outrage. There is so much disinformation coming at a rapid pace everyone needs to take a breath and wait to see what stories are verified and which are meant to mislead. 

best thing we can all do imo is slow it down, wait for verification on things. It only serves Hamas if we freak out and start blaming the wrong people for things. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

they do, and it really needs to be curbed. Its too easy to use that against us. 

I was just told that I am anti Israeli and believe Israel should not exist because I pointed out people are awful no matter where they are from and because I don't agree with the last 25 years worth of expansionist policy and annexation of Palestinian land.

Edited by Warhippy
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

So?

@Provost

@moosehead

@JangoFett

Hamas, identified specifically by their own defense minister, mentioned their Islamic allies.  Which include Syria, Iran, even more specifically Hezbollah as a militia group...  They alll have integration with Russia, I cannot remember if they were praised as partners by name as well. @Sharpshooter, it was your X Tweet, dyu recall or can you post again?

Lets talk about Aleppo 2016?

35,000 to 50,000 were killed when Syria & its backer Russia, directly involved, flattened Aleppo 2016. Protests had started, and protestors were shot by Govt forces. Then rebel groups opposed to the Hezbollah backed Syrian govt infiltrated and took over sections of the city. Who were ''largely supportive of the govt.!''   When unsuccessful removing rebels, who started aprox 7000 strong; a full siege lasting 4 years took place. Power and water were cut off, goods and people restricted from moving in & out leading to widespread suffering of civilians. So the large scale offensive was undertaken to end the 4 year surge.

During the 2016 Syrian government offensive, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights warned that "crimes of historic proportions" were being committed in Aleppo.[113]

Source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Aleppo_(2012–2016) 

Reveal hidden contents

Some choice points;

The large-scale devastation of the battle and its importance led combatants to name it the "mother of battles"[85] or "Syria's Stalingrad".[86][87] The battle was marked by widespread violence against civilians,[88] repeated targeting of hospitals and schools (mostly by pro-government air forces[89][90] and to a lesser extent by the rebels),[91][92][93] and indiscriminate aerial strikes and shelling against civilian areas.[80][94][95][96] It was also marked by the inability of the international community to resolve the conflict peacefully.

Hundreds of thousands of residents were displaced by the fighting and efforts to provide aid to civilians or facilitate evacuation were routinely disrupted by combat and mistrust between the opposing sides.[98][99]

There were frequent instances of war crimes during the battle, including the use of chemical weapons by both Syrian government forces and rebel forces,[100][101] the use of barrel bombs by the Syrian Air Force,[102][103][104][105] the dropping of cluster munitions on populated areas by Russian and Syrian forces,[106][107] the carrying out of "double tap" airstrikes to target rescue workers responding to previous strikes,[108] summary executions of civilians and captured soldiers.

Why talk about Aleppo?

War crimes & style of battle by Hamas's stated partners and suppliers killed, in just months, months 5 x the aprox 7000 citizens, I believe Provost quoted, as being victimized since elections in Gaza, by Israeli forces. Who used tactics like sieges, cutting off water, power, mass bombing of civilian area's.  Who ''largely supported them?''  Over 33,000 buildings flattened. Tactics being condemned (rightly so) by Jango, Provost and Moosehead, if used by Israel, whom I raise this point to. 

And much worse if your read items in the spoiler! A pattern repeating itself in South Israel last weekend. 

Why is the behaviour by Hamas & its allies not a concern in respect to this conflict?

Your last sentence and the question is not supported by the rest of your post

The things you posted were not Hamas. It all just shows a lack of any depth of understanding of the region.  Not all Arabs and countries in the Middle East are the same.  One group is not the same as every other.  Each has their own goals and agendas.  Sometimes they overlap and sometimes they conflict.  If Iran gives money to Hamas, it doesn’t mean they are the same or have all the same aims as each other.

That is like saying that the Green Party in BC is the same as Texas Republicans who are actively fighting against rights for women or LGBTQ2S+ people.  Or because we regularly trade with Saudi Arabia, we support their human rights atrocities.

Beyond all that, who said I (and probably  the other folks you linked) am not concerned about other civilian deaths?

We keep repeating that the attack in Israel was horrific. 

What is being argued against and resisted is that we are also saying that killing innocent Palestinians is also horrific and not justified under any international laws.

The fact folks think it is weird to oppose war crimes and murdering civilians is kind of gross in my mind.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

That's what you got out of all that?

Really?

Congratulations champ.  You're officially "that" guy I speak of so frequently when I mention how polarizing and awful political camps are.  You're either with me or you're the enemy.  Oh you have a differing opinion?  Well let me jump to the most illogical conclusion that suits my confirmation bias and then compartmentalize you in a neat box that I can judge you over from my soap box.

Just because I made a direct comparison about one of the only two players in this game based on a drop and go comment by an inflammatory poster.  Good for you.

I am sorry you misunderstood me; I was trying to say that upon reading everything you have posted her in 9 days time, I was left feeling you are anti-israel in nature. If that wasn't your intent, maybe the idea it reads that way will inform your future posts. I don't believe you really are anto Israel, but the angles you choose to take lead that way.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

32 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

So?

@Provost

@moosehead

@JangoFett

Hamas, identified specifically by their own defense minister, mentioned their Islamic allies.  Which include Syria, Iran, even more specifically Hezbollah as a militia group...  They alll have integration with Russia, I cannot remember if they were praised as partners by name as well. @Sharpshooter, it was your X Tweet, dyu recall or can you post again?

Lets talk about Aleppo 2016?

35,000 to 50,000 were killed when Syria & its backer Russia, directly involved, flattened Aleppo 2016. Protests had started, and protestors were shot by Govt forces. Then rebel groups opposed to the Hezbollah backed Syrian govt infiltrated and took over sections of the city. Who were ''largely supportive of the govt.!''   When unsuccessful removing rebels, who started aprox 7000 strong; a full siege lasting 4 years took place. Power and water were cut off, goods and people restricted from moving in & out leading to widespread suffering of civilians. So the large scale offensive was undertaken to end the 4 year surge.

During the 2016 Syrian government offensive, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights warned that "crimes of historic proportions" were being committed in Aleppo.[113]

Source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Aleppo_(2012–2016) 

Reveal hidden contents

Some choice points;

The large-scale devastation of the battle and its importance led combatants to name it the "mother of battles"[85] or "Syria's Stalingrad".[86][87] The battle was marked by widespread violence against civilians,[88] repeated targeting of hospitals and schools (mostly by pro-government air forces[89][90] and to a lesser extent by the rebels),[91][92][93] and indiscriminate aerial strikes and shelling against civilian areas.[80][94][95][96] It was also marked by the inability of the international community to resolve the conflict peacefully.

Hundreds of thousands of residents were displaced by the fighting and efforts to provide aid to civilians or facilitate evacuation were routinely disrupted by combat and mistrust between the opposing sides.[98][99]

There were frequent instances of war crimes during the battle, including the use of chemical weapons by both Syrian government forces and rebel forces,[100][101] the use of barrel bombs by the Syrian Air Force,[102][103][104][105] the dropping of cluster munitions on populated areas by Russian and Syrian forces,[106][107] the carrying out of "double tap" airstrikes to target rescue workers responding to previous strikes,[108] summary executions of civilians and captured soldiers.

Why talk about Aleppo?

War crimes & style of battle by Hamas's stated partners and suppliers killed, in just months, months 5 x the aprox 7000 citizens, I believe Provost quoted, as being victimized since elections in Gaza, by Israeli forces. Who used tactics like sieges, cutting off water, power, mass bombing of civilian area's.  Who ''largely supported them?''  Over 33,000 buildings flattened. Tactics being condemned (rightly so) by Jango, Provost and Moosehead, if used by Israel, whom I raise this point to. 

And much worse if your read items in the spoiler! A pattern repeating itself in South Israel last weekend. 

Why is the behaviour by Hamas & its allies not a concern in respect to this conflict?

I’ll try and find if I posted something like that. 

In any case, there’s no @JangoFett anymore. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

well just as an aside: your choice of argument has me convinced you are highly anti-Israel and you may by and large agree with the statement "israel should not exist". That is probably not your intent, but that is how you came off to me in reading pretty much everything you wrote here. 

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

I am sorry you misunderstood me; I was trying to say that upon reading everything you have posted her in 9 days time, I was left feeling you are anti-israel in nature. If that wasn't your intent, maybe the idea it reads that way will inform your future posts. I don't believe you really are anto Israel, but the angles you choose to take lead that way.

Pick a lane bud.

The "you're with me or you're the enemy" BS have adopted in to their mind set is a genuine blight on the human condition and has lead to just as much conflict as religion over time and for the same reasons.

Israeli policy regarding Palestine is wrong.  Period.  They are endlessly creeping towards the complete and total annexation of everything deemed Palestinian land and at this rate will have accomplished this by around 2042.  This is 100% do not agree with.  I do not care for the conflict or the reasoning behind it because it is so gd murky as to be laughable.  For me the best solution is to direct a gd comet towards the area and turn it all in to a giant parking lot because at no point in time will this generational hatred cease without MASSIVE concessions on both parts and at this stage, that aint happening.

If this makes you believe I am anti Israeli, fine.  If it makes Romeo think I am anti semetic fine.  but my opinion has literally nothing to do with being against a nation or a religion and everything to do with the policy of the nation in question.

You can not cut an entire nation off from food, fresh water, electricity and medicine; bulldoze their homes via settlement policies and not expect the rage to overflow because of it.

The fact i do not agree with this is my belief and opinion.  There is no support for Hamas.  No support for terror and I am not calling for the removal or destruction of a nation or people or religion.

So pick a lane mate.  Because at this point I really don't care because the comet solution is looking very fine right now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

This is a very good summary of how I feel these days

IMG_0831.thumb.png.725a59ca5973c003a31e64400fa54fa5.pngIMG_0832.thumb.png.3e361e9417842e9984ed55b8adc652d7.png

I could see a similar post from someone summarizing what a Palestinian person may echo, with some word changes. 

The fact that the suffering is so similar on both sides is what’s really saddening and maddening, to an outsider like myself. 

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I don’t even know what this guy is trying to say.  He is a reporter in Ukraine it looks like.

It looks like these countries have enough capacity to take in Ukrainians.  All Ukrainians should leave their country to go work there.  It makes no sense for them to fight or want to stay at home in the face of Russian expansion into their territory.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

I don’t even know what this guy is trying to say.  He is a reporter in Ukraine it looks like.

It looks like these countries have enough capacity to take in Ukrainians.  All Ukrainians should leave their country to go work there.  It makes no sense for them to fight or want to stay at home in the face of Russian expansion into their territory.

I mean I don't agree with any of this at all but dayuuummmmmmm

Shocked Cat GIF

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Provost said:

Many Eastern European countries have taken in tens of thousands of Ukrainians from the outset of Russia’s attack on Ukraine. 

JJS is a political consultant and has been a reporter based out of Kyiv, reporting on the Russian war against Ukraine. 

I believe the point of the post was that more Arab countries should take steps to help out Palestinians. I believe that’s  something all can support. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Provost said:

image.gif.14b4891e4219ba3b7626a4e31145211c.gif

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Many Eastern European countries have taken in tens of thousands of Ukrainians from the outset of Russia’s attack on Ukraine. 

JJS is a political consultant and has been a reporter based out of Kyiv, reporting on the Russian war against Ukraine. 

I believe the point of the post was that more Arab countries should take steps to help out Palestinians. I believe that’s  something all can support. 

That does not appear to be the point of the post.  Many Arab countries already have millions of refugees from around the region already… many times what Ukraine’s neighbours have taken in.

The tweet you posted suggests that Palestinians should just leave their country and emigrate to other Arab countries to go get jobs there.  Arabs are all the same and one country is the same as another?  Just some pretty solid racism there… I guess they all look the same?  Is it suggesting that all the current immigrants in those countries get removed to make way for Palestinians?

It entirely dismisses the concept

of supporting millions of Palestinians in their own homes where they are allowed to be under any international law.

Other Arab countries are supporting Palestinians, there are convoys of aid coming from all over the region waiting at the borders until there is a pause in bombing to be delivered.

I made my response about Ukraine to show how silly the suggestion is.  Is that reporter promoting the depopulation of all of Ukraine because other countries in Europe have immigrant populations?  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

LOL following that theme, Hamas is claiming Ukraine has attacked Gaza with western supplied F-16s ...

...now that is delusional.

You know, or entirely made up by some dude on twitter....

You didn't cite your source.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-israel-hamas-ukraine-russia-weapons-265852026856

Edited by Provost

9 minutes ago, Provost said:

You know, or entirely made up by some dude on twitter....

You didn't cite your source.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-israel-hamas-ukraine-russia-weapons-265852026856

You can't just laugh at the absurdity of the claim Ukraine has attacked Gaza with f-16's? Rofl.

59 minutes ago, Provost said:

That does not appear to be the point of the post.  Many Arab countries already have millions of refugees from around the region already… many times what Ukraine’s neighbours have taken in.

The tweet you posted suggests that Palestinians should just leave their country and emigrate to other Arab countries to go get jobs there.  Arabs are all the same and one country is the same as another?  Just some pretty solid racism there… I guess they all look the same?  Is it suggesting that all the current immigrants in those countries get removed to make way for Palestinians?

It entirely dismisses the concept

of supporting millions of Palestinians in their own homes where they are allowed to be under any international law.

Other Arab countries are supporting Palestinians, there are convoys of aid coming from all over the region waiting at the borders until there is a pause in bombing to be delivered.

I made my response about Ukraine to show how silly the suggestion is.  Is that reporter promoting the depopulation of all of Ukraine because other countries in Europe have immigrant populations?  

Coming from a guy that posted how Jews are white and Palestinians brown I find it to be rich. But considering other nonsense that you posted thus far, I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised.

Edited by CBH1926
  • Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, Provost said:

Literally everything you posted was 20-30 years ago… please post all the terrorist attacks since the occupation of Gaza ended and it was just turned into a prison.

Weird that you didn’t.  it is almost like you don’t believe in linear time.

Yes, the KKK is an impotent and irrelevant now.  They didn’t just choose to stop hanging black people with complete impunity.  They were stopped.

The Roman Empire, also not much of a threat.  Not a lot of Allied forces keeping the Third Reich in check at the moment.

Why is Canada observing Remembrance Day? 
After all those deaths occurred 80-100 years ago, why even talk about something like that? Why do other countries even have memorials dedicated to those that perished in WW2?

Edited by CBH1926
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1