Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

1 hour ago, Provost said:

That does not appear to be the point of the post.  Many Arab countries already have millions of refugees from around the region already… many times what Ukraine’s neighbours have taken in.

The tweet you posted suggests that Palestinians should just leave their country and emigrate to other Arab countries to go get jobs there.  Arabs are all the same and one country is the same as another?  Just some pretty solid racism there… I guess they all look the same?  Is it suggesting that all the current immigrants in those countries get removed to make way for Palestinians?

It entirely dismisses the concept

of supporting millions of Palestinians in their own homes where they are allowed to be under any international law.

Other Arab countries are supporting Palestinians, there are convoys of aid coming from all over the region waiting at the borders until there is a pause in bombing to be delivered.

I made my response about Ukraine to show how silly the suggestion is.  Is that reporter promoting the depopulation of all of Ukraine because other countries in Europe have immigrant populations?  

You seem to infer a lot from a basic tweet suggesting that other Arab countries do more to take in Palestinians from the Gaza Strip. 

I don’t recall any point about emigration, unless giving them jobs to lift them up and support themselves and their families inside The Strip, much like many people do around the world even though they’re not permanently residing within those countries. 

Pretty solid racism? How little you think of me if you actually believe I’d post anything with racist undertones. 

YMMV though. 

Thanks for your reply. I continue to look forward to your future ones in this thread. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Provost said:

I don’t even know what this guy is trying to say.  He is a reporter in Ukraine it looks like.

It looks like these countries have enough capacity to take in Ukrainians.  All Ukrainians should leave their country to go work there.  It makes no sense for them to fight or want to stay at home in the face of Russian expansion into their territory.

Just an FYI, many Ukrainian refugees have been taken by countries all across Europe and North America, and have found jobs and are working to not only help themselves, but their families and communities back in Ukraine. 

Also, North American and European countries have taken in many Palestinians as refugees to help them make a new life for themselves and their families. 

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I could see a similar post from someone summarizing what a Palestinian person may echo, with some word changes. 

The fact that the suffering is so similar on both sides is what’s really saddening and maddening, to an outsider like myself. 

Thank you for saying this. I had tried multiple times to express my response to that post and just ended up with paragraphs of an outsiders thoughts.

I will just say as a civilian you cannot disregard government or ruling party policies and actions then wonder why peace is so unattainable. That was missing from what I read along with some deflecting.

• Cheers 3

47 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

Damn, maybe MTG was right about the jewish space lasers...

41 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

That is some starwars shit right there yo

38 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

If it's real then yeah, some are saying it's just regular Iron Dome and that's just lens flair from a shitty camera.

It is not really ready for operational situations yet, but it is being developed, not from space mind you, but a land based platform. Apparently the payoff for using it vs iron dome is a few hundred to a few thousand per use vs several hundred thousand per use. 

https://t.me/pilotblog/7383

oh and before anyone screams at me: no i can't verify the footage, I, like you, are in my comfy house in North America being warm and dry and safe, looking at things on the interweb.

For those who understandably dont want to click the link: here is a still image

image.thumb.png.f8f5022a238adc5a522b9beca4ef3674.png

Conducted Energy Weapons have been in development as far as I know for over 20 years. Some sound based weapons have been used against for instance GreenPeace boats.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

It is not really ready for operational situations yet, but it is being developed, not from space mind you, but a land based platform. Apparently the payoff for using it vs iron dome is a few hundred to a few thousand per use vs several hundred thousand per use. 

https://t.me/pilotblog/7383

so the tinfoil hat will tell me, since we the public are hearing about this now....could it be already in space?

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

I genuinely don't believe so. The easy to fix/maintain ground version is not ready yet.

i hear ya but its gonna be super fun for some to talk about.

how many times have we heard  'the military had this tech back in...' well before it became public?

41 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

If it's real then yeah, some are saying it's just regular Iron Dome and that's just lens flair from a shitty camera.

The amount of energy required is difficult but not impossible. 

The ability to use a weaponized ‘laser beam’ against a fast moving missile is incredible at worst and unbelievable at best. 

It would be a fixed laser, waiting for a missile to just happen to cross its path? 

I’m on the side of unbelievable, as in I don’t believe that for a minute. 

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

You seem to infer a lot from a basic tweet suggesting that other Arab countries do more to take in Palestinians from the Gaza Strip. 

I don’t recall any point about emigration, unless giving them jobs to lift them up and support themselves and their families inside The Strip, much like many people do around the world even though they’re not permanently residing within those countries. 

Pretty solid racism? How little you think of me if you actually believe I’d post anything with racist undertones. 

YMMV though. 

Thanks for your reply. I continue to look forward to your future ones in this thread. 

Go look at it again.  It gives a graph of how many immigrants each country has… and says it can give Palestinian jobs.

What does immigration have to do with it if it isn’t about allowing Palestinian immigrants into their countries.  What jobs is it supposed to give to Palestinians inside Gaza?  They aren’t allowed to import or export anything, at the best of times they have electricity and internet for limited hours a day.  All trade has been cut off, the airport has been closed for 20 years.

You are the one making odd assumptions as it doesn’t say anything about what you keep saying.  

Just now, Provost said:

Go look at it again.  It gives a graph of how many immigrants each country has… and says it can give Palestinian jobs.

What does immigration have to do with it if it isn’t about allowing Palestinian immigrants into their countries.  What jobs is it supposed to give to Palestinians inside Gaza?  They aren’t allowed to import or export anything, at the best of times they have electricity and internet for limited hours a day.  All trade has been cut off, the airport has been closed for 20 years.

You are the one making odd assumptions as it doesn’t say anything about what you keep saying.  

I don’t need to look at it again. 

I posted it, which means I looked at it already. 

It was relating to having other Arab countries giving the Palestinians a place to ‘land’. 

And, at least for their security, if not some semblance of prosperity, as innocent Palestinians civilians are sure to be caught up in a war between Hamas and IDF. 

That should be paramount for anyone that cares about the Palestinians living in the Gaza Strip no?  Security and livelihood? 

We’re not talking about immigration. It was emigration for a livelihood. Maybe get a clue about the actual meaning of the tweet, instead of inferring your own one sided nonsense. 

I’m pretty sure you’re having battles that don’t exist with me and others. 

Maybe calm down a bit and sort yourself out. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Playoff Beered said:

This shows an inconceivably twisted mind to try to make this analogy.

Israelis weren’t selling something, and hey weren’t offering a gift of prophecies.  They were taking more and more things, and this poster literally says it is Palestinians fault for resisting.

5 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Again, there’s no racist undertones here. 

There’s just pointing out that if other Arab states are hiring people from other countries for work, maybe employ the Gazans. 

They kinda need the security and the income, no? 

This tweet was about workers. Something the Palestinians could do…you know…work. 

• Cheers 1