Hamas attacking Israel

Sabrefan1

4 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Bud, i will always have access to information through personal sources, just like information from Ukraine. I seem to remember posting here information about russian involvement in this latest Hamas attack before any sources were available, several days ago. If any of my information proves incorrect, I will be the first one to retract and will apologize. So far I haven’t posted one piece of information in close to 2 years of 2 wars that wasn’t confirmed later.

I believe you Roman.

After reading this Rolling Stone article about the festival and the make up of the people, describing it as like Woodstock, hippie culture. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/hamas-israel-nova-music-festival-massacre-1234854306/amp/

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Provost said:

This lack of actually reading your own post was why I told you to go back and read it again.

The graph you shared wasn’t referring to foreign workers at all.  

It was the percentage of immigrants in a set of Arab countries.  Not the temporary foreign workers in each country.

IMMIGRANTS!  It literally says that in your post.  Go freaking read it.  Now you are saying it doesn’t really actually have to do with immigrants and I am out of my depth by reading the actual words in your post.

That tweet is suggesting that Gaza should be completely depopulated and all 2 million people in Gaza (the post says this number) should be force-ably relocated to other random Arab countries as a resolution to the conflict.

The tweet says absolutely NOTHING about completely depopulating all 2 million people in Gaza, that's all YOU. 

It says in plain Peter rabbit English...

"If the Arab world cared about Palestinians - they could give them jobs."

Edited by Playoff Beered
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

The tweet says absolutely NOTHING about completely depopulating all 2 million people in Gaza, that's all YOU. 

It says in plain Peter rabbit English...

"If the Arab world cared about Palestinians - they could give them jobs."

But Israel. 

Some folks don’t even realize when one is also on their side of thought.

When one is so used to fighting, everyone apparently is ‘the enemy’. 

What a particularly good lesson for us all. 

This is a good teaching moment. Let us all be educated in how we think, react, and speak to each other. 

The war is out there, not here. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Understood.

However, sources need to be produced in this particular thread moreso, due to the nature of it. 

I hope you appreciate and understand the nature of what I’m requesting. 

Maybe it's my age,however I disagree with, you have to provide a source. 

If one doesn't agree just state why you don't. 

I posted an article that described the festival, the kind of people that attended.

While it doesn't state it was a fundraiser, a bit of critical thinking would lead one to believe those kind of people would do such a thing. 

Research and critical thinking are the best tools to use.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

Maybe it's my age,however I disagree with, you have to provide a source. 

If one doesn't agree just state why you don't. 

I posted an article that described the festival, the kind of people that attended.

While it doesn't state it was a fundraiser, a bit of critical thinking would lead one to believe those kind of people would do such a thing. 

Research and critical thinking are the best tools to use.

Understood. 

Respected. 

Carry on my wayward son. 

• Huggy Bear 1

26 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Understood.

However, sources need to be produced in this particular thread moreso, due to the nature of it. 

I hope you appreciate and understand the nature of what I’m requesting. 

Those who choose not to believe, can ignore the information or ignore me. After all, this is what i was advised to do… 🙂 

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Those who choose not to believe, can ignore the information or ignore me. After all, this is what i was advised to do… 🙂 

Better to ignore the ignorance. Lashing out at those that want you to, is a net loss. 

Just provide sources in this thread. 

38 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Some folks don’t even realize when one is also on their side of thought.

When one is so used to fighting, everyone apparently is ‘the enemy’. 

What a particularly good lesson for us all. 

This is a good teaching moment. Let us all be educated in how we think, react, and speak to each other. 

The war is out there, not here. 

As the old saying goes, “if the only tool you have is the hammer, to you everything else looks like a nail”

5 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

As the old saying goes, “if the only tool you have is the hammer, to you everything else looks like a nail”

That could also be said towards the IDF. 

I think you missed my overarching message. 

When ‘we’ are so used to arguing amongst ourselves, truths get lost or misconstrued. 

Let’s be the Stewards of Truth & Reconciliation…oh shit, now I finally get that meaning. 

Have you all? 

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

That could also be said towards the IDF. 

I think you missed my overarching message. 

When ‘we’ are so used to arguing amongst ourselves, truths get lost or misconstrued. 

Let’s be the Stewards or Truth & Reconciliation…oh shit, now I finally get that meaning. 

Have you all? 

Had some Bombay sapphire and tonic earlier so I am little slower at getting messages. But I am receiving what you you are putting out there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I don’t need to look at it again. 

I posted it, which means I looked at it already. 

It was relating to having other Arab countries giving the Palestinians a place to ‘land’. 

And, at least for their security, if not some semblance of prosperity, as innocent Palestinians civilians are sure to be caught up in a war between Hamas and IDF. 

That should be paramount for anyone that cares about the Palestinians living in the Gaza Strip no?  Security and livelihood? 

We’re not talking about immigration. It was emigration for a livelihood. Maybe get a clue about the actual meaning of the tweet, instead of inferring your own one sided nonsense. 

I’m pretty sure you’re having battles that don’t exist with me and others. 

Maybe calm down a bit and sort yourself out. 

the biggest issue is the history - in 1948, jewish paramilitary groups cleansed 500 arab villages and the 700k+ refugees that fled, thinking that they'd be able to come home. Those people landed in Gaza, parts of the West Bank, and in surrounding arab countries. 

To those who are living with the consequences of 1948, it feels familiar. They dont want to leave Gaza because they know theyll never get to return home if they do. 

• Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 2
  • Upvote 1

Forcing myself to read the stories of these people who were murdered by Hamas

every single one of these people are human beings, we shouldn't ever let them become a statistic

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/10/11/americans-killed-israel-names-victims/

Just now, eeeeeeeeergh said:

Forcing myself to read the stories of these people who were murdered by Hamas

every single one of these people are human beings, we shouldn't ever let them become a statistic

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/10/11/americans-killed-israel-names-victims/

Deborah Matias, 50, and her husband, Shlomi, 49, were killed as they shielded their 16-year-old son, Rotem, with their bodies, said Matias’s father, Ilan Troen. Rotem was shot in the abdomen, and for the next 12 hours, his family members guided him via text message on how to stay alive until help arrived.

• Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, eeeeeeeeergh said:

the biggest issue is the history - in 1948, jewish paramilitary groups cleansed 500 arab villages and the 700k+ refugees that fled, thinking that they'd be able to come home. Those people landed in Gaza, parts of the West Bank, and in surrounding arab countries. 

To those who are living with the consequences of 1948, it feels familiar. They dont want to leave Gaza because they know theyll never get to return home if they do. 

I respect the history. I’m a student of history. 

But, here we are. 

In the present…the here and now, if you will. 

So, shall we sit here and discuss the past, or the present and future? 

The past is definitely a force on the our present and future of course. 

But, is this thread going to be about the past or, again, the literal present and the near future? 

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Oh hi! 

Been awhile, how are you? 

Missed you SO much. 

How many Palestinians are on this chart of either immigrants or emigrants?

image.thumb.jpeg.2e875da846624f4e348f6f21a3042f53.jpeg

I mean just so we’re on the same page eventually. 

What are you on about now?

First you post about supporting forced immigration of Palestinians to other Arab countries… then you say you aren’t talking about immigration, but just having 100% of Palestinians being sent to be temporary workers in other Arab states. (Apparently without even understanding the context of how the temporary workers in the places you mentioned are poorly paid and treated and effective slave labour).

Now you are back on the immigration kick that you ranted you weren’t actually talking about.  You are asking why Palestine isn’t a country with a lot of immigrants for some unfathomable reason?  I mean who could possibly figure out any reason why lots of people aren’t immigrating to Palestine. 

You got me… not many folks from outside Palestine are choosing to move to Gaza or the West Bank.  Not sure what gotcha moment you think you have… but I certainly agree.  I mean aside from Israeli armed settlers moving into their occupied territories, but those aren’t counted.

The graph that you showed doesn’t even refer to Emigrants… if you included that you would see that there are about as many Palestinians who have emigrated to other countries as still live in Palestine.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/immigration-by-country

3 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

This happened close to where I live, ME insanity is spilling over.

You really have to be a piece of shit to stab 6 year old kid.

https://abc7chicago.com/plainfield-murder-joseph-m-czuba-stabbing-16200-s-lincoln-hwy-il/13918623/

Absolutely… you should act like a civilized person and bomb kids or shoot them in the head.  Stabbing is gross and insane.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I respect the history. I’m a student of history. 

But, here we are. 

In the present…the here and now, if you will. 

So, shall we sit here and discuss the past, or the present and future? 

The past is definitely a force on the our present and future of course. 

But, is this thread going to be about the past or, again, the literal present and the near future? 

Hey man....pass the doobie.....

• Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, Provost said:

Absolutely… you should act like a civilized person and bomb kids or shoot them in the head.  Stabbing is gross and insane.

It's pretty obvious that BOTH sides are guilty of the same thing - terrorism and war-mongering. Killing children is absolutely unacceptable. The defense of Israel is related to the LONGSTANDING mistreatment of Jews in history, as well as recency bias due to Hamas' terrorism attacks on the city. Israel should not be defended for their attacks on the Palestine territories and people.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Provost said:

What are you on about now?

First you post about supporting forced immigration of Palestinians to other Arab countries… then you say you aren’t talking about immigration, but just having 100% of Palestinians being sent to be temporary workers in other Arab states. (Apparently without even understanding the context of how the temporary workers in the places you mentioned are poorly paid and treated and effective slave labour).

Now you are back on the immigration kick that you ranted you weren’t actually talking about.  You are asking why Palestine isn’t a country with a lot of immigrants for some unfathomable reason?  I mean who could possibly figure out any reason why lots of people aren’t immigrating to Palestine. 

You got me… not many folks from outside Palestine are choosing to move to Gaza or the West Bank.  Not sure what gotcha moment you think you have… but I certainly agree.  I mean aside from Israeli armed settlers moving into their occupied territories, but those aren’t counted.

The graph that you showed doesn’t even refer to Emigrants… if you included that you would see that there are about as many Palestinians who have emigrated to other countries as still live in Palestine.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/immigration-by-country

Citation please.